New Mindbroken Mod Development Thread

Just throwing these out there:

Once your character gets to a certain level (changeable in MCM?) they're considered to be a fairly widely known warrior/hunter. This would be the trigger point to start the quest, where an orc approaches you and asks for assistance in dealing with some sort of dangerous monster near their stronghold. Accepting gives you a quest to investigate the area. When you do however, there's no monster to be found. Instead you're ambushed by a group of orcs and taken to their stronghold as a slave to help breed strong warriors for their tribe.

Or a group of Sanguine worshiping cultists are in search of a new... tool, for their rituals since their last one was broken beyond use. So once your character is recognized as dragonborn, whenever you sleep outside there's a chance that you'll be kidnapped  (kinda like the beginning of the Dark Brotherhood questline), and imprisoned as the cults new ritual object.

Just sort of spitballing here. If anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Development is very slow because I keep ...uh... consulting source materials.

Actually I have had two different versions, but they are not fun so I didn't release them. It's hard to make the mechanic fun. I think I have a way now, so I'm trying again

Can someone help me figure out the best way to set up a debuff on the player related to a global variable value? For example is some global variable is set to 47, I want the player's magic to debuff by 47%.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, DayTri said:

Can someone help me figure out the best way to set up a debuff on the player related to a global variable value? For example is some global variable is set to 47, I want the player's magic to debuff by 47%.

use a script, and the SetNthEffectMagnitude command. so if you wanna set the 3rd effect of a spell to the value of a global variable, you'd do exampleSpell.SetNthEffectMagnitude(2, exampleGlobalVariable)

• 2 months later...

I finally pushed through and released something similar to my original idea. Now, I will make a quest mod that uses it.

Actually I have quite a bit done on it already, but nothing which is fully complete. I am planning to build a radiant system like this:

Spoiler

1. PC can anger different factions, by killing their "bosses" (done)

2. Factions can eventually get angry enough to take revenge on PC, by setting ambushes, traps, or blackmail for her (partially complete). I think ambushes < traps < blackmail in terms of difficulty, so the higher the anger the more likely to get one of the hard quests. Ambush quest is done, working on traps and blackmail.

3. If successful, there is a short radiant "training" loop where the enemy faction tries to break PC (80% complete)

4. There is also a longer gameplay loop, where PC can have radiant requirements to receive radiant punishment. "Do X for Y N times every Q hours without orgasming, or else R". (almost complete)

For example, "have sex with banditFaction 4 time every day without orgasming, or else your collar will inject you with a drug"

or

"give me a blowjob every 8 hours, or else I will increase the vibrator intensity"

or "report back for training once a day (loop 3) or else I will kill your spouse"

this is designed to create a repeatable loop that is sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

5. There will be a radiant quest to escape from the longer loop (4), basically fetch quests to find some kind of maguffin to solve the problem, like a special key or information about where the enemy's secret poison is kept. But the problem is, depending on the time requirement of the loop, PC might not be able to complete it without receiving some punishments.

The benefit of making it radiant is that it won't get too boring, some characters will find different configurations harder than others.

• 5 months later...