Hi I have a little problem.

With the update, the files look a bit more complicated to understand 

example with the main

What does it mean  _D and _MSN?

I would like to use the following files

body

Default - Smooth but scaly.

No-Nipple - no more reptile tits. (for females)

Full Scales - Heavier scales on the chest (for males)

feet

Claws - Reptilian type feet with clawed toes.

face

Rough - Better defined scales

The other optional files can I understand

I find it difficult when the words in the files are shortened

Sorry for bothering you with this

7 hours ago, Raydric said:

With the update, the files look a bit more complicated to understand example with the main

It's a FOMOD installer, you aren't exactly supposed to install it manually unless you know what you are doing so you should install it via mod manager (preferably Mod Organizer but I' fairly sure others can read FOMODs just fine). But to answer your question...

7 hours ago, Raydric said:

What does it mean  _D and _MSN?

_D folders contain the diffuses which means the color mapping, _MSN ones contain the normal maps which gives the illusion of actual geometry on skin instead of being completely smooth with zero detail.

11 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

It's a FOMOD installer, you aren't exactly supposed to install it manually unless you know what you are doing so you should install it via mod manager (preferably Mod Organizer but I' fairly sure others can read FOMODs just fine). But to answer your question...

_D folders contain the diffuses which means the color mapping, _MSN ones contain the normal maps which gives the illusion of actual geometry on skin instead of being completely smooth with zero detail.

I wrote this in the thread and better decided to edit it to send it to Flawn by message.  For having some tabs open ... I sent it in the thread now that I see the message.  I hope that Flawn does not bother with me for sending it by message too ?

But thank for the information

On 7/30/2020 at 5:29 AM, LegendOfJan said:

Damn

What horn mods are you using? I recognize the Argonian Fins but the rest seems unfamiliar to me.

sorry for the late reply. the horns are actually the heavy falmer circlet/helmet(not sure of the exact name) from the amazing world of bikini armor mod.

1 hour ago, valhira said:

sorry for the late reply. the horns are actually the heavy falmer circlet/helmet(not sure of the exact name) from the amazing world of bikini armor mod.

And they don't have a dedicated Argonian model, causing them to clip into the head mesh. Genius move!

Hey Flawn I seem to have an issue with some of the meshes on my argonians.  Some of the NPC's in game have a pitch black head that I can't seem to figure out, but what bothers me most is the black void that replaced the penis on the males.  I don't have pics atm but I will edit this post in a little bit to add some pics of my issue

20200807121732_1.jpg

20200807121949_1.jpg

9 hours ago, NarfSnake21 said:

Have you installed the proper textures for the bodies you're using?

I believe so.  The only thing that I can think of that would be affecting the textures would be one of the CBBE's meshes.  I have CBBE regular as well as CBBE 3bbb.  Other than that I'm not too sure what could be causing the black mesh glitch to be happening.  It only seems to be affecting the NPC's as I have no issue with the black mesh on the head of my PC.  As for the penis mesh I managed to fix that by deleting a mod that adjusted the males body.  I think it was called Better Male Body, or at least something similar 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I'm just waiting for the HD vanilla Argonian textures Flawn mentioned a while ago

I'm looking for a better way to upscale textures, I previously used a website but that's not very reliable. I'm gonna try to use a program called ESRGAN, it's supposed to be really goods. 

@Flawn btw is there a way to make our argonian skin 100% or at least 80~90% black ? when I set the 3rd color bar to zero while 2nd and 4th bar at max in racemenu color for skin section it must be total black but instead of that it give out some kind of brown-gray color , I dont understand. ( I'm using deep blue or deep purple for best result but I still wanna have a black skin on argonian )

43 minutes ago, toxic.s.kennedy said:

@Flawn btw is there a way to make our argonian skin 100% or at least 80~90% black ? when I set the 3rd color bar to zero while 2nd and 4th bar at max in racemenu color for skin section it must be total black but instead of that it give out some kind of brown-gray color , I dont understand. ( I'm using deep blue or deep purple for best result but I still wanna have a black skin on argonian )

The base textures are a very light gray-brown and you can't make a solid black with racemenu. So when you turn the brightness down you end up with dark brown. If you have Gimp or Photoshop you turn the texture's saturation down to 0%, turning them to a true gray.

1 hour ago, Flawn said:

The base textures are a very light gray-brown and you can't make a solid black with racemenu. So when you turn the brightness down you end up with dark brown. If you have Gimp or Photoshop you turn the texture's saturation down to 0%, turning them to a true gray.

thanks , but still no black :(

On 8/19/2020 at 5:43 AM, Flawn said:

I'm looking for a better way to upscale textures, I previously used a website but that's not very reliable. I'm gonna try to use a program called ESRGAN, it's supposed to be really goods. 

Damn, I thought that modern programms like PS, Gimp and Paint.Net could produce reliable and qualitative good upscales. Either way, I hope you find something to be suitable to your tastes. I'm just looking forward to the final textures themselves. What I've seen in this thread a couple pages ago already looked very good!