Thank you for this mod.  I gave this a try.  It works fine with Oldrim.

I like the extra risk that this mod adds to carrying stolen goods, even lockpicks!  I tried it in a few cities and it worked well.  I noticed that the location in the jail where the search takes place isn't always the same.  Nice! 

What are Earnest, Naked, and Hostile chances on the MCM screen?  Earnest seems to be the chance for a real search that will find illegal items; otherwise, it's just a grope.  Naked seems to be the chance for a strip search.  Am I right?  I could not figure out what Hostile does at all. 

Some suggestions:

Let the player override the number of lockpicks that can be overlooked, or add a toggle to prevent overlooking them.  With high speechcraft it's too easy to have several lockpicks overlooked (I want them to be found, even if I only have 1 or 2).  I tried setting the _bs_NumLockpicksThreshold global variable to zero, but the mod keeps overriding that. 

If you're going to be stripped anyway, I suggest automatically skipping the first search (when you're clothed), or adding an MCM option to skip that if you're going to be stripped.  With a possible 3 searches (clothed, stripped, and pocket) the process can take a long time.  Pressing spacebar speeds up the animation but there is still a delay while the guard walks back to his position, pauses a few seconds, tells you he's going to search you again, then walks back to search you.  If it's going to be a strip search, it just seems better to skip the first search and jump to the part where the guard says he has to remove your armor. 

The search animation (using RohZima guard search) registers as a rape (player as victim) for at least 2 of my "consequence" mods that detect rapes.  Each step (clothed, naked, pocket) counts as a separate rape.  I removed the animation's Forced and Assault tags, and it's still treated as rape.  Can the BodySearch mod somehow tell SexLab that this is just an embarrassing moment, it's not a rape?

44 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Hostile = the guard uses the search to rape you

Are you sure about that?  Even with Hostile chance set to zero, each search (clothed, naked, and pocket) registers as a rape for at least two of consequence mods, so a full search counts as my character being raped 3 times.  It seems like the mod is registering the PC as a rape victim even when it should not. 

3 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Earnest = the guard actually searches you

Hostile = the guard uses the search to rape you

Naked = the guard has you strip for searching

Well, I have encountered a ' problem ' in using it in LE which may have nothing to do with anything.. but every time the guards search me they take every chest clothing item I have. I didn't really notice until I had been playing a bit. I also cannot figure out what I keep getting a fine for. I just had 5 lockpicks in the hidden pocket, no stolen things, no skooma and got a 150 coin fine and all my chest clothing removed.  <shrug> no idea.  

They have yet to ever remove the lockpicks from the pocket.

Earnest: real body search

Hostile: guards become hostile if you stop conversation and walk away

Naked: guards require naked body search or hidden pocket search

I added help messages in MCM.

Updated, Ver 20190609.

I don't like guards behavior of previous version because I can easily know their AI is forcegreet or not, and easily avoid body search.

At current version, their AI suddenly changes to forcegreet when player passes by them, so approach to every guards becomes dangerous.

3 hours ago, Suzutsuki said:

Ah, thank you for the clarification, someone above was saying this was the chance for a guard to rape you.  The new MCM descriptions are a big help, thanks for that too.

3 hours ago, Suzutsuki said:

Updated, Ver 20190609.

Thank you for the quick update!  I tried this with several scenarios, and it works well.  The search no longer counts as a rape, the option to skip the clothed stage is nice, and the self-conscious option is a good addition.  If I have fewer lockpicks than the threshold, the persuasion attempt is easy but not guaranteed.  I like the new AI for the force greet.  Very nice update!

On 6/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, Suzutsuki said:

Earnest: real body search

Naked: guards require naked body search or hidden pocket search

I added help messages in MCM.

Updated, Ver 20190609.

I don't like guards behavior of previous version because I can easily know their AI is forcegreet or not, and easily avoid body search.

At current version, their AI suddenly changes to forcegreet when player passes by them, so approach to every guards becomes dangerous.

Please add follower support :) . Maybe random chance only follower gets searched and you are just there to watch guards search them. :)

Love this mod but it needs to detect if the pc is already in an animation or scene. I was tied up being spanked at Skyforge and a guard walks all the way up there to demand a search, then when I can't respond because I'm already animating, the guard attacks, my follower kills the guard, then I'm reloading to an earlier save. That's just one example, it's happening often.

13 hours ago, McLude said:

Love this mod but it needs to detect if the pc is already in an animation or scene. I was tied up being spanked at Skyforge and a guard walks all the way up there to demand a search, then when I can't respond because I'm already animating, the guard attacks, my follower kills the guard, then I'm reloading to an earlier save. That's just one example, it's happening often.

+1 on this. I've had the Guard prompt for a search when I'm in an animation, follower goes mental, etc.

Also, I don;t know how difficult it would be to code but it would be a nice to have an option to recognize your rank, so guards won't try to search you if you are a Thane in that area.

Otherwise it's really nice little mod to add to the atmosphere.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:17 AM, Bushi Neko said:

Well, I have encountered a ' problem ' in using it in LE which may have nothing to do with anything.. but every time the guards search me they take every chest clothing item I have. I didn't really notice until I had been playing a bit. I also cannot figure out what I keep getting a fine for. I just had 5 lockpicks in the hidden pocket, no stolen things, no skooma and got a 150 coin fine and all my chest clothing removed.  <shrug> no idea.  

They have yet to ever remove the lockpicks from the pocket.

I have a similar problem. They arrest me for having self enchanted stuff and take it away even if I don't have any illegal stuff with me. Rings and body armor till now.

15 hours ago, RogueMage said:

I have a similar problem. They arrest me for having self enchanted stuff and take it away even if I don't have any illegal stuff with me. Rings and body armor till now.

Only happened to me once so far, what the guard took was a Bathing in Skyrim room key (not stolen)...

28 minutes ago, StrykerNocte said:

Only happened to me once so far, what the guard took was a Bathing in Skyrim room key (not stolen)...

This mod uses PlayerPayCrimeGold function to detect stolen goods. It is also used by vanilla dialogues. If guards take your goods in this mod, they will do same in vanilla arrest dialogues.

2 hours ago, Suzutsuki said:

This mod uses PlayerPayCrimeGold function to detect stolen goods. It is also used by vanilla dialogues. If guards take your goods in this mod, they will do same in vanilla arrest dialogues.

Now that's just weird hahaha... Speaking of guards taking away your stuff, maybe you could make it so that guards can falsely claim random item X in your inventory as stolen goods (maybe frame you by slipping a stolen item into your pockets)? I don't do much stealing in-game, and with the lockpicking perks I'm using, I have no need for lockpicks. This way I can still get sent to prison without actually committing any crime. I think that will be a good way to mix things up a little, since getting groped by guards can get stale...

6 hours ago, Suzutsuki said:

Thank you for this info Suzutsuki. I tried around and found out that this does not happen with enchantments done the normal way (taking a soulgem). I tried a mod called  Enchantment Swapper and swapped the enchantments from a necromancer robe to a corset. The author describes that the enchantments are copied one to one without changes. Seems that some flags are set which result in this behaviour. I am happy that all works well now. Thanks for your mod btw. ?

Something doesnt seem to work well for me.

I do get the request for body search, then screen goes to in jail.

The guard kneels on one knee to do a body search (PC stays clothed). 

The guard never tries to undress, or to fondle or anything else. 

Earnest and Naked are on 100% yet still it is always the same thing. Anyone else encountered this?

33 minutes ago, sassoundwave said:

Something doesnt seem to work well for me.

I do get the request for body search, then screen goes to in jail.

The guard kneels on one knee to do a body search (PC stays clothed). 

The guard never tries to undress, or to fondle or anything else. 

Earnest and Naked are on 100% yet still it is always the same thing. Anyone else encountered this?

I'm guessing that you skipped the soft requirement for installing RohZima's guard search animation (and run FNIS, etc).  Without it you get the short version of the search, jumping right to inspecting your possessions.  If you want the full search, you'll have to install the optional animation. 

Also, thank you Suzutsuki for the latest mod update. 

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm guessing that you skipped the soft requirement for installing RohZima's guard search animation (and run FNIS, etc).  Without it you get the short version of the search, jumping right to inspecting your possessions.  If you want the full search, you'll have to install the optional animation. 

Also, thank you Suzutsuki for the latest mod update. 

I am such an ass.

No I had the RohZima animations....but i forgot to install SL Anim Loader....

Now it all works as should.

Thanks for the suggestion though, as via that road i discovered the missing SL Anim Loader.

I can't get the Animations to Play... I downloaded everything required even Soft Requirements and No Animations. This is Kinda Useless if there isn't animations. They either stand there for Minutes at a time and nothing happens or they Crouch in front of my Player and nothing happens. Can someone help?

5 minutes ago, Jyn_Erso said:

I can't get the Animations to Play... I downloaded everything required even Soft Requirements and No Animations. This is Kinda Useless if there isn't animations. Any help is appreciated

I wouldn't say it's "kinda useless" without the optional animations.  You still get searched and must deal with the consequences, you're just missing out on the eye candy. 

The animation does work.  The person who posted just before you simply missed a step, fixed that, and got it working.  Perhaps you accidentally skipped part of the process for installing a new animation?