[Unreal Engine] Kalyskah - Female Protagonist Vampire Erotic RPG!

Erotic Content trailer:

Fight as a vampire while exploring a dark fantasy open-world in this 3rd person RPG. Make choices that affect the betterment of humanity, or yourself, strengthen your vampiric skills to fight trolls and undead, and entertain yourself in fully animated erotic scenes.

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO ON ITCH

Support us:

label_TheStory.thumb.png.9b59aa4bd34fbd55fb79c75547111645.png

You play as Kalyskah Karnstein, the first vampire, who, for thousands of years, has controlled an army of vampires. Her followers started to worry that she could be getting stagnated, and threats started to arise.

Something happens along the way and it sends her on a journey to rebuild her lethal army and find the culprit of the deadly betrayal that has sent her into thousands of years of slumber, you must make allies with sorceresses, orcs and humans, and fight to gain the control you once had.

label_OurGoal.thumb.png.31c4965bdbae3101f4f19f65f9a6703c.png

We aim to make a game that will be both satisfying to play and have well-polished erotic content, blending seamlessly into the gameplay. The open-world area and game systems are under development and currently, the game only has a few quests.

What you can expect:
• Dynamic combat style
• Erotic encounters during gameplay
• Fully voiced quests
• Character customisation
• Level Up and attribute point system
• Sneaking up on enemies to bite their necks and drink blood!
• An array of clothes to find while exploring the world and its dungeons
• One-handed and two-handed sword combat style with a variety of weapons

SteamWidget.png.8176b1bf43629f9c3502e1f3d775e0f4.png

Bitting.gif.b0fd06817a7121309b6ac331c3c2cee1.gif

death_opmized.gif.6283fc40cd6b3951c7edc4a4896ae9a5.gif

mist_better.gif.6cd312219ff40eb3edb7226e0ca62cb3.gif

vlcsnap-2023-10-13-19h18m35s582.thumb.jpg.4b0963a1c9e5437f31865fdb176b8c52.jpg

Edited by kalyskah
We made SEVERAL improvements in the game along the years.

So i gave this a try earlier and i ran into a bug where i couldn't attack anything, which isn't ideal when you have 3-4 enemies chasing you around lol.

Overall though i was impressed, graphics are good, character customisation, some audio options would be nice but i assume that's to come, if the quality carries on like this you should have good game on your hands.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:24 PM, Evilhomer said:

So i gave this a try earlier and i ran into a bug where i couldn't attack anything, which isn't ideal when you have 3-4 enemies chasing you around lol.

Overall though i was impressed, graphics are good, character customisation, some audio options would be nice but i assume that's to come, if the quality carries on like this you should have good game on your hands.

Thank you!

The version 0.7 of the game has a brightness and audio volume control, but it's currently only for the Vampire tier+ Patreons. We already fixed this bug that you couldn't attack and implemented a parring system, but it will be released more to the end of the week together with a few more hotfixes ?

10 minutes ago, TDA said:

Looks cool, but few lesbian scenes  or to simplify animations , make a futanari. ... :)

There is already a scissoring animation planned. As for futanari, I'm not sure we will have it yet. Maybe on the late future.

• 1 month later...

Great Game so Far, the Atmosphere and Textures are pritty nice and matching. Lightning is also Fine. It was a bit Sad that there are so many MF Animations but only the one FF Anim. Hope this will change in Future Releases. 

The Combat System was not of my Taste to be Honest, i think its a bit to Slow to Fight Enemys Hit by Hit. Maybee an Combo like Combat System and harder to Kill Enemys, brings some more Action to it.

Maybee Create some Player Handled Save Points, (Model could be a Blood Well or something simelar) cause i run into some pritty shitty Situation in Low Level Area. 

I Jump from this one Bridge into the Sewers with low Life, and Entered Combat with some of these, well lets call it Doggys. Right after Landing, the Auto Save kicked in and Naild my Possition right infront of the Beast ... 

Unlucky Me huh ? ^^ What happens there you could Imagine. Ill Land a Hit on the Beast and take one from it, then Die, Save Point Revive me at Same Spot. and the Game goes on again. Lucky for me the Beast did not Use Recovery of Health otherwise it would be a Pain in the Ass. Took me bout 7 Hits to Kill that Fucker ...

Some wider Varity in Character Creation would be nice also, and i think the Outfits you Loot should be more Revealing because well its a Sexy Game and a Sexy Vampiress ... She does not have to Hide someting. ^^ 

• 1 month later...

The game-play is pretty good, needs some polish but is still pretty good :D.  The adult scenes are great :D but i couldnt seem to find any orgasm or ending option in the free demo, does it exist or is it a future consideration? right now the ending is just the sex partner disappearing, or maybe im doing something wrong. keep up the great work, this is looking like a high quality game :D

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, BIZZY BONE said:

Great Game so Far, the Atmosphere and Textures are pritty nice and matching. Lightning is also Fine. It was a bit Sad that there are so many MF Animations but only the one FF Anim. Hope this will change in Future Releases. 

The Combat System was not of my Taste to be Honest, i think its a bit to Slow to Fight Enemys Hit by Hit. Maybee an Combo like Combat System and harder to Kill Enemys, brings some more Action to it.

Maybee Create some Player Handled Save Points, (Model could be a Blood Well or something simelar) cause i run into some pritty shitty Situation in Low Level Area. 

I Jump from this one Bridge into the Sewers with low Life, and Entered Combat with some of these, well lets call it Doggys. Right after Landing, the Auto Save kicked in and Naild my Possition right infront of the Beast ... 

Unlucky Me huh ? ^^ What happens there you could Imagine. Ill Land a Hit on the Beast and take one from it, then Die, Save Point Revive me at Same Spot. and the Game goes on again. Lucky for me the Beast did not Use Recovery of Health otherwise it would be a Pain in the Ass. Took me bout 7 Hits to Kill that Fucker ...

Some wider Varity in Character Creation would be nice also, and i think the Outfits you Loot should be more Revealing because well its a Sexy Game and a Sexy Vampiress ... She does not have to Hide someting. ^^ 

Thank you for the feedback!

On the next public release we are adding more depth to the way you can customize your gear, by adding legs, chest, waist and back slots, intead of the 'full body' one

On 9/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, Imperialnord said:

The game-play is pretty good, needs some polish but is still pretty good :D.  The adult scenes are great :D but i couldnt seem to find any orgasm or ending option in the free demo, does it exist or is it a future consideration? right now the ending is just the sex partner disappearing, or maybe im doing something wrong. keep up the great work, this is looking like a high quality game :D

We are adding a climax on the next demo too! For now it's just an animation and a sentence that Kaly says, but later we will be adding more visual effects and variations for each pose. 

screen_0003_ScreenShot00101.jpg

Here you can see a few pictures of what we have been doing on the game development on the last weeks!

There is a lot of stuff going on the animation area so we can finish (At least the general blocking out) of some cutscenes and dialogues that will be important to give a better notion about what happens after Kalyskah gets out of her former temple and also to put her on a place that she will be free to roam around the place dealing with her business. Basically making the initial arc of the dungeon have some sort of disclosure so you can understand where will she go afterwards.

Another thing we have been working (And when I say we I mean Tiny Talisman guys) is the open world. We are starting to add the furniture on the town's infirmary so Jessie won't be saying that "She is the local nurse" in the middle of the street.

screen_0006_ScreenShot00103.jpg

Also, there is a little detail on her desk. Since the player can buy blood bottles from her only once per day, there will be actual bottles there to show you when you can and cannot buy them.

screen_0004_ScreenShot00100.jpg

We are still working on the second floor and later we will have some generic NPCs there laying down.

screen_0005_ScreenShot00099.jpg

We have also improved the grass (again)

345.jpg

And added a small hot pond that later will have some people chilling there.

234.jpg

This is just a very small part of all the things that we have improved so far. that hilltop part of the town is pretty much done, just need some refinements and props to make it more alive too. There are quests being written and bugs being fixed. So we hope you will enjoy the next update, that will come for the vampire\neonate tier patrons one week before it goes public

?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback!

On the next public release we are adding more depth to the way you can customize your gear, by adding legs, chest, waist and back slots, intead of the 'full body' one

No Problem, and that sounds great. I see the Progress the Game does, and im realy looking forward to Play the next Demo. In the Game Description you say, she awakes in a World that has changed for the worse. With that sentence, do you speak for the Content of the Game all alone ? Or for the whole Game ?

Because in a worse world, there is no sprouting grass and flowers in it, but bleak wasteland. atleast in my Mind. xD

In addition, you have given the players decision making power. Which makes me very curious how you plan to implement that, and what kind of content the player has to expect.

Since we talk about this decision making stuff in an adult game, what would be the good way ? And what would be the Bad way ? 

Do you plan to Implement any Fetish or Violent stuff ? Or will it go on like now for the Game ? Because if you Plan to Implement that kinda content, you rly need some strong storry telling. To for example explain the player why his decision is bad in this one particular moment, but not in the other one. To show him a small narrow grade between good and bad.

If you look at it you already done it pritty good at the game start, When writing the dialogue. Shes not talking that tough but also not to submissive. would be an idea to give the player the ability to decide witch way she go from the game start. The Dominant way, fighting her way out of her tomb with force, or the submissive way, giveing in her body to get out alive. All it needs is a lil bit of Neutral Dialougue, and a not so early enemy encounter.

But well its all up to you, that are just a few thoughts of mine to it. xD Im curious to see where this game goes, and already can smell a bit of an AA Title in here. Hope its not running into oblivion like most of the Adult Games, because i see some real potential in it and it would be a shame if devellopment end. So keep up the Hard work and stay focused. Im pressing thumbs for you. 

I tried 0.7, and I have a few issues to report:

(*) Pick up/activation detection seems finicky. Unless you really need that, I would prefer if the detection angle could be wider. (I do seem to have learned how to compensate, though...)

(*) Using alt to heal was non-intuitive, and could use a tutorial message or something. Also, this mechanism should automatically turn off when the player loses control (like in a popup or cutscene), othewise it just goes to waste.

(*) There was an area where you have to jump out of a pipe and onto a platform, but I could not get over the guardrail, so I eventually gave up playing. [Edit: sewers -- and my problems were that I had disabled the X description of keys, and the in game menu didn't offer a backup, and I could not jump with my weapon equipped, but I did not realize that because I could not see my keyboard options...]

(*) E does not close pickup inventory if you have walked away. (minor annoyance -- actually, all of these are).

• 2 months later...

When reading the description of the sexile workshop mod crediting the sound it used with permition & mention the sauce and you end up checking it up and see a game that seems even outside the NSFW content to be more interesting than any of those big budget AAA turds today

What a time to live 

• 2 weeks later...

[Public Release] Version 0.9c - COMBAT REDONE

New combat system:

• Hold RMB (Right Mouse Button) to enter guard mode. While Kalyskah is in guardmode, she will face the cursor direction. Yes, if you are playing on PC this is enough for you to fight, you are no longer obliged to lock on a target to fight ?
  • Time your Block (RMB) properly and you might be able to parry (stag) enemies
  • Perform light attacks with LMB (Left Mouse Button)
  • Hold Shift + LMB to perform heavy attacks. The animations are different, try to mix light with heavy attacks to get different combos.
  • If Kalyskah is fast enough when you attack, she will thrust. This is very handy especially with the Estoc (Fencing Weapon) since you can evade and then thrust.
  • Hold Ctrl to enter mist form and become invulnerable. This will drain your stamina and blood points really fast, but you can attack normally while in this form.
  • Four combat styles, more will come in the future:
  • One-Handed-Sword: Fast attacks that only stags the enemies if you chain them.
  • Zweihander: A little bit slower, but good to fight groups of enemies
  • Fencing: The Light Attacks does not stag the enemies, but they are really fast. The fencing weapon relies on parrying and causing damage to staged enemies, or evading backwards and then attacking.
  • Claws: Punch enemies to death, I know you want to! The meele attacks will usually push Kalyskah forward, so they are handy if you want to fight in a way that you keep your distance and use your attacks to approach your targets while they recover from their attack animations.

Hello everyone!

This patch was supposed to be released to the public on the next month, but it was reported on discord that the current public demo had an awful bug that was making people lose their progress and go back to the dungeon, even though they had reached the surface world!

The lost of progress combined with another bug happening after the cutscene with the bandits at the surface world and the fact that only a few people were being able to get the key to the sacrificial chamber (Behind Merishya) or even leave the sewers made we realise that a patch was needed sooner than planned. And here it is!

But first, need to thank Lee Thompson for his patience in helping us to find the most critical issues!

For the public, this patch combines of these four patches:

But I've put them all together to make things easier for you to read:

Changelog 0.9c – 17/01/2020

Enhancements:

• Kalyskah will receive the key to the sacrificial chamber as soon as she frees Merishya
  • The key that you find at the sewers, will now be inside of a chest instead of on the ground
  • Wolves will take a few steps backwards after attacking, this will prevent them from pushing you forward eternally
  • Wolves will howl when they see you and also a few times during combat if you avoid them too much. This will help to open a few more windows to attack them
  • Wolves will gain less health per level
  • Wolves, bears and hounds glow in red when they receive a hit
  • Dexterity will change maximum stamina again (Who is coming from 0.8 won’t notice the change)
  • Kalyskah’s muscles and skin pores should be a little bit more visible
  • Changed the way breast sliders work: Now we have only one slider called "Breast Size", which will increase Kalyskah's chest in a much more comfortable way than what we had before where you needed to manually adjust the mass and separation to make it look good.
  • Huge performance improvements on the GPU. Tiny Talisman guys did a really great job on optimizing materials and asset's Level of Detail.
  • Trees are bigger and darker now, which will make the woods feel more like "woods". With bigger trees, you will also have more shadows to walk under when your blood points are low.
  • Merishya's armour now glows.
  • Karnstein leather won't shine as much as it was before. Now it will look more like leather than latex, the way it was meant to be.
  • Sword now gets unequipped when Kalyskah bites an enemy
  • Made negotiation with enemies a little bit easier
  • Increased Gremnoch’s health and added some effects when he roars. We will improve his combat behaviour eventually too
  • Foliage and lighting improvements on the open world
  • disabled the tutorial until we remake it for the new combat system
  • Changed the shape of the male character's head to match the female, so female hairstyles can be compatible with male characters as well
  • Citizens will no longer have the golden logo on their plate mails. Those are for another faction of the game
  • Removed the first grunt Michael makes on the dialogue
  • Fara now sells some parts of the plate mail
  • Talking about Fara, her blacksmith bench will finally be displayed as intended!

Fara Table.jpg

• Improved the responsiveness of the combat: “Parry window” is the 0.5 seconds you have when you enter the guard mode. If an enemy attacks you while the parry window is open, they will be staged. So now we there are many a subtle glowing effect that you will see on both your character and the enemies:
  • White: You either successfully blocked an attack or your parry window is open Blue: You parried the enemy, you and he will glow in blue for a while Red: the attack landed, either on your or on your opponent
  • Kalyskah will change her pose a little bit if you move to the sides while fighting with claws or with one-handed weapons, this will make her locomotion feel more fluid
  • Changes on blocking hits logic so stamina is no longer necessary in case the player is attempting to parry
  • Nights in Thulgata are brighter, the Karnstein Temple is brighter as well

nightfix (1).png

Fixes:

• Fixed the Save problem in the open world. Now when you load your game you should spawn on the proper level. Notice that this will only affect new saved games.
  • Fixed the ANNOYING problem on dialogues that you had after the cutscene where Kalyskah finds James at the surface world.
  • Fixed an issue where the player was finishing Merishya's quest every time they interacted with the locked Sacrificial Chamber door.
  • Fixed typos on Merishya and Guards dialogue
  • Fixed an issue where the player was finishing Merishya's quest every time they interacted with the locked door.
  • Fixed typo on "Pet Collar"
  • Fixed the "something happened to this text" error while sucking enemy blood
  • Fixed second chance dialogue not being triggered
  • Fixing openworld save after dungeon boss fight and made dungeon boss cutscene skippable
  • Fixed witchat mesh clipping with some hairstyles (Bun and pinned hair still clip though)
  • Kalyskah’s default hair no longer clips with her skull
  • Parring animations no longer overlap, which means that if the player doesn't time the parry properly, he will be punished. With this change, the player can no longer spam parries
  • Fixed issues caused when actors were snaping out of their working places or beds. This bug was what was causing some NPCs to teleport when you started to talk with them.
  • Weird materials on clothes that were not the chest piece
  • Fixed a bug that was making the character upper torso behave oddly

Features:

• Kalyskah's breasts now have physics. Notice that some armours like the ones where she has a huge metal plate on her chest will not bounce. But the ones made of leather, cotton, etc will.
  • You can now add elven ears to Kaly on the character customisation screen because why not?
  • New hairstyles, you can have a preview here
  • A new dialogue between Kalyskah and the guards of Millhaven when she tries to get in the settlement. Right now, this dialogue will trigger once every time you load the game because since it is not 100% done, we are not saving the progress you had on it yet. The dialogue changes slightly depending on the tags of the gear you are wearing, there are currently 3 branches. It can lead to an erotic scene depending on your choices too, the first scene that we did that will actually blend in seamlessly with the story. But keep in mind that this scene is not 100% done yet too.
  • Added handjob animations.

Known issues:

• Yes, the guards of Millhaven will interact with Kalyskah every time she passes through them on the first time you load a game. That’s because eventually this dialogue will be part of a quest, and we don’t want to save the progress on it yet… Also because the scene is not finished ?
  • Slight mesh clipping when Kalyskah moves with the Karnstein Leather armour when the breasts are on the maximum value.

How will the patron release work now that the public demo is the same as the private one?

As planned; Now that we are putting the most critical issues out of the way we can focus on the new features that will be released at the end of this month for the royal-blood and vampire-tier. We will improve the animations during the conversation between Kalyskah and the guards, and probably add Luanna's branch on it as well. So Kaly will be able to choose if she will go to that cabin with Henrysson or Luanna. We will also try, but no promises, to add the voice acting on the dialogues that you can see at the tavern, but the courtesan questline will have to wait a little longer since we will focus a little bit more on the main story on the next month.

Download

If you are not a patron, you can download the public demo by following this link. But we recommend you to get it through the itch app since it will auto-update the game when you have a new version to download.

Follow these instructions if you are a patron:

• First, you need to create an account on itch.io.
  • VAMPIRE: Link your account here, and download the game here.
  • NEONATE: Link your account here, and download the game here.
  • ROYAL BLOOD: Link your account here, and download the game here.
  • 2 months later...

I'll be keeping an eye on this myself. Vampires are one of my weaknesses, and Kalyskah isn't bad on the eyes either, so I look forwards to seeing where it goes. The atmosphere is very nice indeed. A few thoughts/quibbles if I may add them;

• No 'toggle walk mode' button. Sprinting around without the ability to control my speed, especially in a town or navigating a tight area (giggity), is somewhat immersion breaking and reminds me I'm playing an early-access Unreal project. Which is unfortunate given the production values.
  • Great Swords are impractical; I must have died five or six times because Kalyskah was 'too close' to an enemy and wouldn't attack, while they weren't so retricted.
  • Our demon pal has looping dialog even after her quest is finished, with no option to 'dismiss' her, and she is a literal demon walking around with a giant glowing pentacle on her chest - it makes immersion, the Kalyskah attempting to blend in, take a hit.
  • No cunnilingus animations or domination options for lesbian encounters.
  • No outright being overpowered encounters.
  • No monster sexy times; creatures that actually feeling like they could overpower and violate/dominate an ancient vampire.
  • Everyone (as in villagers and none-party NPCs) is far too pretty while at the same . It has the combined effect of reminding me of every 3D-model visual novel I've ever played, making none of them seem unique or special (when everyone is a plastic super model, no one is), and it just makes the game feel like what it is (a sex game). Part of why I like the atmosphere, especially in the starting dungeon, is that this could be Dark Souls or Vampyr until the clothes come off or Kalyskah loses a fight. I mean, even the zombies/undead cultists are sexy, albeit with sever skin issues.

Overall though this is one of the best and most polished projects I've played in a very long time though. Thank you for sharing it, as I doubt I would have naturally stumbled on it otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a great game. Loots can be added and improved upon! For 10.4 I am currently getting a bug talking to the owners of the Inn. I paid them 50 coins and was told to head to the pawn shop and no one is it. NPC Are walking all over the place! Lol. And it wont advance the quest. 

Edit. THERE ARE A LOT OF BUGS IN THIS GAME. ?

kalyskah RPG   28_04_2020 20_59_39.png

• 8 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, Daguy said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this myself. Vampires are one of my weaknesses, and Kalyskah isn't bad on the eyes either, so I look forwards to seeing where it goes. The atmosphere is very nice indeed. A few thoughts/quibbles if I may add them;

• No 'toggle walk mode' button. Sprinting around without the ability to control my speed, especially in a town or navigating a tight area (giggity), is somewhat immersion breaking and reminds me I'm playing an early-access Unreal project. Which is unfortunate given the production values.
  • Great Swords are impractical; I must have died five or six times because Kalyskah was 'too close' to an enemy and wouldn't attack, while they weren't so retricted.
  • Our demon pal has looping dialog even after her quest is finished, with no option to 'dismiss' her, and she is a literal demon walking around with a giant glowing pentacle on her chest - it makes immersion, the Kalyskah attempting to blend in, take a hit.
  • No cunnilingus animations or domination options for lesbian encounters.
  • No outright being overpowered encounters.
  • No monster sexy times; creatures that actually feeling like they could overpower and violate/dominate an ancient vampire.
  • Everyone (as in villagers and none-party NPCs) is far too pretty while at the same . It has the combined effect of reminding me of every 3D-model visual novel I've ever played, making none of them seem unique or special (when everyone is a plastic super model, no one is), and it just makes the game feel like what it is (a sex game). Part of why I like the atmosphere, especially in the starting dungeon, is that this could be Dark Souls or Vampyr until the clothes come off or Kalyskah loses a fight. I mean, even the zombies/undead cultists are sexy, albeit with sever skin issues.

Overall though this is one of the best and most polished projects I've played in a very long time though. Thank you for sharing it, as I doubt I would have naturally stumbled on it otherwise.

Hello! I"m sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked here for a while.

• You can toggle between jogging and walking by pressing Caps Lock.
  • The two handed swords were designed to fight multiple enemies, since it's slower and it have a big reach. Try to dash backwards and attack when they get too close to you because then you can kinda trick them to miss the attacks.
  • Merishya is dismissed after you reach Kelhold, the first event you'll see after finding james. at the surface.
  • We have added cunnilingus and spanking animations for the lesbian poses =D
  • We changed the combat a lot on the last patches, the enemies shouldn't have that "hiperarmour" they used to have before.
  • We can't add bestialiy to the game, it would also put us in trouble with Patreon guidelines. But eventually we will have more monstrous creatures for you to encounter (that won't look like animals)
  • We don't ahve the budget to make different faces for every NPC yet, but we are trying to add some variation with different sets of clothes and skintones.

It seems like you played the game a while ago, I would suggest you to try out the latest demo because we improved a lot of things!

https://nobrelobo.itch.io/kalyskah

On 4/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, mrhappy886 said:

Its a great game. Loots can be added and improved upon! For 10.4 I am currently getting a bug talking to the owners of the Inn. I paid them 50 coins and was told to head to the pawn shop and no one is it. NPC Are walking all over the place! Lol. And it wont advance the quest. 

Edit. THERE ARE A LOT OF BUGS IN THIS GAME. ?

kalyskah RPG   28_04_2020 20_59_39.png

Oh, sorry for the bugs, we have recently released a new version and hopefully it will be more stable. Most of the times, those bugs won't give you any trouble to play the game or stop your progress, but please let us know if you find some recurring bug on the latest version we released here: https://nobrelobo.itch.io/kalyskah

• 2 weeks later...