Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches (OBSOLETE!)

You still haven't answered my question bleep. Does this saving error only occur when you try to change the animation or do you also get it when you try to do anything else with the mod? Maybe instead of doing anything with the animation you could do a little test and edit to web accessory (like change its weight or name) and try to save again and see if the same error shows. It doesn't have to be caused by the animation change and the reason could be something completely different I would be able to help you better if I knew what it is (or isn't!)

I did answer your question right after you asked it' date=' but it's buried under all the comments now. once again; I get the message when I try to save the esp, it says it's read only basically (the error says it, but it doesn't say read only on the esp under its properties) in short, I can't edit the animation that happens from the spit attack because of the error that pops up when I go to save the changes I did to the esp, it basically says it contains save data or something (like in the pic I sent) and it couldn't rename it or something and doesn't save the changes, AKA, I simply can't change the esp at all

also not sure how to change the web accessory, though if it's within that same esp, I'm betting it'll likely give me the same error since I get that pop-up once I go to save the changes
[/quote']

How up to date is your ck or maybe something is messed up in it? Go to your profile on steam find the tools tab uninstall ck the add it back and see if it works. Might be something with your ck.

ok I updated it and the error no longer shows up, and I can save it fine, but it didn't change the animation in game, it's still the laying on the ground one, even though the CK says the anim event is 225, the standing cocoon, so idk what's wrong now

Did you make sure to set esp to master? Maybe something is messed up in the anim file try unzipping the file and re adding the files manually to overwrite everything and try ck again to see if that worked.

When you select the esp in ck to load it you have to set it to active otherwise when you save it will do nothing.

I said before I did set it as active, and saved it with MsLeeches a couple times now, when I go back into the CK and check it still lists the animevent as what I changed it to, but the animation hasn't changed in game, it's still the floor wiggling one, so I've no idea what I'm supposed to do here lol

When you select the esp in ck to load it you have to set it to active otherwise when you save it will do nothing.

I said before I did set it as active' date=' and saved it with MsLeeches a couple times now, when I go back into the CK and check it still lists the animevent as what I changed it to, but the animation hasn't changed in game, it's still the floor wiggling one, so I've no idea what I'm supposed to do here lol

[/quote']

Maybe you need to make a clean save before changes take effect? Just save your game in a new slot (actually if you're using mods EVERY time you save your game it should be in a new slot and you should keep at least 100 previous saves just in case ^^) quit the game, uncheck the mod in your plugin manager, launch the game again, save in another new slot, quit the game and activate the plugin again.

well spider spitted me . so i was wrapped up in spider web .

is it end or something more to do with that?

Once she or he ( i mean spider) wrapp me ' date=' she takes her interest in the other things than me

[/quote']

Uh huh that's the end ^^ I'm not interested in extending the mod more than that for now.

I said before I did set it as active' date=' and saved it with MsLeeches a couple times now, when I go back into the CK and check it still lists the animevent as what I changed it to, but the animation hasn't changed in game, it's still the floor wiggling one, so I've no idea what I'm supposed to do here lol

[/quote']

Maybe you need to make a clean save before changes take effect? Just save your game in a new slot (actually if you're using mods EVERY time you save your game it should be in a new slot and you should keep at least 100 previous saves just in case ^^) quit the game, uncheck the mod in your plugin manager, launch the game again, save in another new slot, quit the game and activate the plugin again.

Once she or he ( i mean spider) wrapp me ' date=' she takes her interest in the other things than me

[/quote']

Uh huh that's the end ^^ I'm not interested in extending the mod more than that for now.

did EXACTLY as you said word for word, checking back at the line each time, twice and it's still the ground wiggling animation, and yet my animevent on 0master, under loose and on the mslZazwebbed thing still says 225, which is not the ground animation, so it just doesn't work for me period I guess. thanks for trying, but I guess I'm gonna have to rely on someone else to do that for me then

[/quote']

[/quote']

did EXACTLY as you said word for word, checking back at the line each time, twice and it's still the ground wiggling animation, and yet my animevent on 0master, under loose and on the mslZazwebbed thing still says 225, which is not the ground animation, so it just doesn't work for me period I guess. thanks for trying, but I guess I'm gonna have to rely on someone else to do that for me then

let me resume, u want to change the struggle animation from laying on the floor to standing struggle, isn´t it?

it is done' date=' here it is bleeb, hope it works, i have tested twice and is working

[/quote']

thank you a lot xorn, I'll go test it now, will edit this post with my results

EDIT: ok tried out your download, and it still cocoons me on the floor, should I do what MsLeeches said again? with the multiple saves, unchecking, re-checking the esp? cause the cocoon animation still hasn't changed for me, yet it did for you, so there's clearly something wonky here

it is done' date=' here it is bleeb, hope it works, i have tested twice and is working

[/quote']

EDIT: ok tried out your download, and it still cocoons me on the floor, should I do what MsLeeches said again? with the multiple saves, unchecking, re-checking the esp? cause the cocoon animation still hasn't changed for me, yet it did for you, so there's clearly something wonky here

Do u run fnis for users?

I had installed the mod 4 days ago, i changed it a few hours ago and I tried to take a screenshot but it doesn't shows up, try to do a clean save, but i must say that i didn't did it

So installed it, spawned a spider, and had it spit. It did then play the trapped web struggling on ground animation; I assume that's the end of the mod.

However, I was still able to move around at normal speed (though animation didn't change - normal behavior with anim objects I think), and able to jump to break the animation but had the webbing stick, but then I was able to use weapons and such.

Any chance of a version that restricts player movement, like real webbing would? Probably just adding a paralyze effect to the spell or -10000 encumbrance or something might work.

[/quote']

Do u run fnis for users?

I had installed the mod 4 days ago, i changed it a few hours ago and I tried to take a screenshot but it doesn't shows up, try to do a clean save, but i must say that i didn't did it

yeah I ran FNIS for users and the animation is still the ground wiggle even on different characters and saves with your .rar installed

So installed it' date=' spawned a spider, and had it spit. It did then play the trapped web struggling on ground animation; I assume that's the end of the mod.

However, I was still able to move around at normal speed (though animation didn't change - normal behavior with anim objects I think), and able to jump to break the animation but had the webbing stick, but then I was able to use weapons and such.

Any chance of a version that restricts player movement, like real webbing would? Probably just adding a paralyze effect to the spell or -10000 encumbrance or something might work.

[/quote']

That is weird... It is supposed to restrict movement you can even see it in the scripts. If it doesn't something must have gone wrong ._. Probably skyrim being finicky for no reason like always

I love this mod >< I wish there was a bit more to it, but I'm happy with what it is right now. The only problems I've run into is sometimes the webbing and the character don't occupy the same space (especially the arms and legs like to break free of the webbing), that if you jump you can fall (and take the web with you) and once I was able to be webbed with a running animation (it looked kinda cool, like I was struggling).

All in all these problems are small, probably really hard to fix and caused by the skyrim engine no doubt. They might also have something to do with me using custom running/jumping animations.

Perhaps you could make it so that the character uses the default idle pose/animation when webbed?

Added a speed multiplier reduction of 100% to the spider spit with the same duration as the webbing effect ( with a 10sec. trailing off of the effect at the end ).

Basically the same thing I did for the shackles in Sanguines. This should stop the player from scooting around when webbed and when the player is hitting the movement keys.

I haven't had a chance to test it though. Anyone want to be a test subject? :angel:

mslZaZArachnophobia.esp

Added a speed multiplier reduction of 100% to the spider spit with the same duration as the webbing effect ( with a 10sec. trailing off of the effect at the end ).

Basically the same thing I did for the shackles in Sanguines. This should stop the player from scooting around when webbed and when the player is hitting the movement keys.

I haven't had a chance to test it though. Anyone want to be a test subject? :angel:

Hummmmmm but aren't restrained and unconscious states supposed to make player and any npcs totally immobile while webbed? (I would have simply used unconscious but I needed to restrain actors for a milisecond before the animation is applied and only after that set them unconscious ^^) In my game it works okay, I cannot even rotate the camera and movement keys don't work.

Awh unless you actually mean something else ^^

Hummmmmm but aren't restrained and unconscious states supposed to make player and any npcs totally immobile while webbed? (I would have simply used unconscious but I needed to restrain actors for a milisecond before the animation is applied and only after that set them unconscious ^^) In my game it works okay' date=' I cannot even rotate the camera and movement keys don't work.

[/quote']

Miss, can u add the harmless spell of damage to hear the victims struggle? thnx in advance, great job!

Hummmmmm but aren't restrained and unconscious states supposed to make player and any npcs totally immobile while webbed? (I would have simply used unconscious but I needed to restrain actors for a milisecond before the animation is applied and only after that set them unconscious ^^) In my game it works okay' date=' I cannot even rotate the camera and movement keys don't work.

[/quote']

Miss, can u add the harmless spell of damage to hear the victims struggle? thnx in advance, great job!

you're asking her if she can add the damage sounds while you struggle? that's a bit like what I asked with the "mmphing" the muffled sounds, think she said she might be able to do that at some point later on

[/quote']

I'm actually scooting along the ground if I hit the jump key.

Problem is that I'm running into spiders all the time. That is until I install your mod LOL.

@Rathous

That'll be possible in a couple years as it is in FNV.

@Miss Leeches

Awesome mod. First tryout escaping the tutorial cave both Ralof and I were webbed. Later in the Bleak Falls Barrow, the spider boss was so much more difficult seeing that it could web and poison me, leaving me stuck. All that's missing now is the ability for the spider to either harvest my blood (with male) or use me as an egg holder (female) both in the rather distant future.

[/quote']

I messed around some with mslZaZAPWebAttackSCR.psc. See if this is useful for ya' :)

You can 360 mouselook using the F key.

mslZaZAPWebAttackSCR.7z