Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches (OBSOLETE!)

Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches

This is a very simple (by Leechy standards ^^) mod that tries to organically integrate some of the spider webbing resources from ZaZ-Animation-Pack by mastercchris without which this wouldn't be possible!

It is not a huge mod and I don't really feel like expanding it with 10 stages of helplessness, an award winning questline and a faction of cocooned skeevers secretly planning to take over Skyrim ^^ In faaaaact I'll be so happy if I won't have look at any more giant spiders this year ^^
I made it as an attempt to integrate some of mastercchris' amazing resources into the game world in a fun and believable way and I hope I managed to encourage someone to do the same! ^^

I probably won't update it lots unless to fix bugs or things like that but if anyone would like to expand on this idea and make something bigger out of it it would be amazing!

Expansions!

Arachnophobia Expansion by Kazyn: a huge rewrite of the original Arachnophobia that features interactive escape system with consequences for failing and other things!

Description

Arachnophobia introduces a new reason to stay away from the spiders of Skyrim and kill them on sight! With fire! From the orbit!

Their ranged spit attack has been modified to pose a deadly danger to unwary travellers: it now entangles anyone who was too slow to dodge in a sticky web while a slow but lethal poison saps the victim's strength!

Both player and any npcs including followers are vulnerable to this attack and any frostbite spider can do it but the durability of the web and strength of the poison will depend on the strength of the spider: you can expect huuuuuuge spiders to be way more dangerous while the smaller ones probably won't be able to keep large prey for long.
While the victim is struggling helplessly in the web the spiders will leave it alone and let the poison kill it probably turning their attention to any still walking threats or an already dead meal. But although the situation may look grim there is still a chance of escape! The victim can still hope to wiggle free of the bonds before the venom kills it. The more stamina she or he has the easier it will be but it may not be as simple as it sounds while the poison is slowly draining it away and making the struggle more difficult the longer it lasts!

Updates

23 December 2012: 1.0 version! Initial release.
23 December 2012: 1.1 version! "Stunlock" prevention. This will add a 10 seconds immunity to webbing after breaking free.

Requirements

ZaZ-Animation-Pack is absolutely required! It must be properly installed or this mod will not work like it's supposed to! All animations, meshes and textures are contained there!

Credits

All resources used by this mod were created by mastercchris. I simply integrated them into the game! All thanks to him and Fore for making such things possible at all!

mslZaZArachnophobia 1.0.7z

mslZaZArachnophobia 1.1.7z

Sounds fun, going to try it out now :D

Edit:

Oh this is awesome :D

Only problem i got was after i got out of the web and the standing animation was playing the spider spitted another web on me and i couldnt do anything lol...this will be hell when you meet more then 1 spider, i like that :D

i spawned like 30 spiders (giant and normal) and no one has spited me nothing' date=' i ran away hoping they spit me and nothing XD, any sugestion? thnx in advance

[/quote']

spawned? how do you spawn spiders? and I went to the RedBelly Mine at Shor's stone and the spiders in there spat like crazy, they gotta hit you with the spit though and you get webbed wiggling on the floor for a bit, but those spiders are pretty weak. also just FYI, if you're playing a custom race like the Ashen or something it might not work, as I had some trouble with the cocoons on my Ashen

i spawned like 30 spiders (giant and normal) and no one has spited me nothing' date=' i ran away hoping they spit me and nothing XD, any sugestion? thnx in advance

[/quote']

spawned? how do you spawn spiders? and I went to the RedBelly Mine at Shor's stone and the spiders in there spat like crazy, they gotta hit you with the spit though and you get webbed wiggling on the floor for a bit, but those spiders are pretty weak. also just FYI, if you're playing a custom race like the Ashen or something it might not work, as I had some trouble with the cocoons on my Ashen

player.placeatme 00041FB4 30 frostbite normal

player.placeatme 00023AAB 30 frostbite giant

maybe because I have installed the sanguine debauchery or some other mod, I modified to apply when I was bitted so it worked and I´m testing but i can move freely from one place to another with the web on me

oh' date=' thanks Xornfl. did you get them to spit?

[/quote']

naaa, nothing, only on bite, i have instaled ERSO overhaul, maybe it is messing with the spiders

Actually its not, i have ERSO too and i went outside and found a spider that webbed me right away.

[/quote']

naaa, nothing, only on bite, i have instaled ERSO overhaul, maybe it is messing with the spiders

Actually its not, i have ERSO too and i went outside and found a spider that webbed me right away.

what can it be, i don´t have many mods installed

[/quote']

what can it be, i don´t have many mods installed

Maybe instead of spawning them, try to find one, there is plenty of them outside riften.

[/quote']

went outside? to where? lol

[/quote']

went outside? to where? lol

Riften lol, forgot to add that :P

I wonder if its some mod conflict, although the animations work fine for me, lately i been experiencing issues with idle animations...mods like passtime or interactive skyrim work at the beginning, then after a while they stop working.

Seems similar to your problem.

I had a Quick Go at This :) , I Like what I see . The Stamina draining Works Perfectly and on Getting Hit by the Projectile the actor is cocooned and the struggle Animation triggers properly.

Lol it was Impossible to free myself though . When the standing up animation is Triggered , I still was getting hit by Projectiles , I ve noticed that if being hit during the standing up animation the struggle animations don't play , the cocoon equips with the web so there may be a conflict in animations there .

But it was great to See the Web Resources Used , You Have Golden Ticket from me and I will Make something of your choice in the future :D

Cheers

Wheeee golden ticket! ^^ Thank you!

But I think I'll keep it until it's possible to add or replace existing paired animations. I would really really love if someone could change the vanilla hug animation for my vampire mod so it would last a few seconds longer, look more sensual and involve neck biting ^^

But I guess it's not possible yet? I think I think I read somewhere that fore is still figuring how to add new paired animations to FNIS but I'm curious if it's possible to modify vanilla paired animations yet?

Ooooh by the by I think I know how to fix that issue with getting webbed while getting up. I'll make a fix in a minute.

New version uploaded now! The webbing "stunlock" thingy shouldn't happen anymore: after an actor breaks free she or he will have 10 seconds grace period before the web works again. But poison can still hurt and it accumulates with every spit attack! ^^

Wheeee golden ticket! ^^ Thank you!

But I think I'll keep it until it's possible to add or replace existing paired animations. I would really really love if someone could change the vanilla hug animation for my vampire mod so it would last a few seconds longer' date=' look more sensual and involve neck biting ^^

But I guess it's not possible yet? I think I think I read somewhere that fore is still figuring how to add new paired animations to FNIS but I'm curious if it's possible to modify vanilla paired animations yet?

[/quote']

Yea the Guys are still Trying to figure out the Paired animations ,

it seems a bit far off for now .

Actually if the guys figure out a Sex Anim Framework that disables collisions and has the ability to toggle free cam mode its possible to add foreplay kinda 2p animations , so its then possible to add non sexual type 2p animations in that same frame work. The guys are working on it I guess , lol I could never understand complicated scripts , till date I don't understand FONV's Sexout Scripts and I have a ZaZ Mod Using the FrameWork :P

New version uploaded now! The webbing "stunlock" thingy shouldn't happen anymore: after an actor breaks free she or he will have 10 seconds grace period before the web works again. But poison can still hurt and it accumulates with every spit attack! ^^

Oh Thanks I will Check It out and Give Some Feed Back :)

Cheers

First of all great job! I have been messing around with your mod and is amazing,i added to it the fear magic effect, this way the followers beg for mercy during the time they are entangled, i think u can implement it finely, i was wondering if the victims can be undressed, this are my suggestions, awesome work!

First of all great job! I have been messing around with your mod and is amazing' date='i added to it the fear magic effect, this way the followers beg for mercy during the time they are entangled, i think u can implement it finely, i was wondering if the victims can be undressed, this are my suggestions, awesome work!

[/quote']

interesting, though with the webbing over the mouth the captive would likely make "mmmph" sounds and such. as for the webs undressing the characters.. I don't see how that could actually work especially since the spat webbing just hits them, it'd wrap around their armor and such. but I don't see anything wrong with there being another version of the mod that does that. but you've got me wondering if muffled (gagged) sounds could be implemented while struggling in the webbing, since you do get gagged