Rock music

On 6/12/2020 at 5:33 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

The grandpas of metal in Japan

Glad someone added this before me- warms my heart! Grandpa's makes me smile.

Didn't see any Sweet.....

And another I didn't realize that Pat Benatar covered when she originally released it:

Spoiler

Inside looking out - GFR

Spoiler

60's, 70's, 80's are all in my wheelhouse - band needed a set list, but I'll leave some fun for others.

Bonus: Pull the Plug - STARZ

Spoiler

Found one or two artists due to this thread (and the What are you currently listening to?) and their respective YT relations. Known the ones below for years, Hope you enjoy :)

Warlock / Doro Pesch (80's metal)

Kreator (Enemy of God may very well be one of the best thrash albums ever)

Cripper (thrash, I'm still sad they disbanded in '18. Although Britta has a new band (Critical Mess, Death Metal) I kinda like this one more)

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, Daringhealer said:

Im a huge fan of rock music! im looking for some good recommendations to listen to. i perfer heavy metal or old rock.

Define "old" in year ranges. Also, where along the lines between weird/experimental vs mainstream are you looking, with experimental/weird at a 1 & mainstream at a 10?

"Rock" is a 70 year old term with so many sounds it might as well be completely different forms of music.

These four songs sum up the metal subgrenres i like to listen to.

Representing classic heavy metal of course has to be the legendary Ronnie James Dio.

Amon Amarth is one of my favorite Melodeath bands and I feel that the represent the genre rather well

Frozen crown is a very talented Power Metal band that has a unicorn in it's lineup.

And then finally theres Avantasia which is essentially a metal opera band that writes stories that usually span 2-3 albums and they often get various other artists to guest sing in their songs like Alice Cooper and many others.