[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

6 hours ago, Boceifus said:

I understand this but I wasnt talking about consent with raiders and super mutants, I was talking more on the lines with non enemy factions, we have a ton of slut mods and rape content out there out there, but not many about the trials and tribulations of maintaining a monogamous relationship, I have ideas, but I just dont know how to script or plan this stuff to even begin to put ideas into a mod pack.  A lot of these mods just assume you are going to play a toon as a slut just because your toon has sex, for whatever reason whether it be rape or consensual.   I would like to see something different, or make something that could play nice with some of these mods.  Just because its the aftermath of an apocalypse doesnt mean every woman (or man) is a slut just because they have sex.

Those ideas would be better suited in another post as not to stray off topic from the mods original purpose of kidnapping and slavery

19 minutes ago, Gorvi said:

Those ideas would be better suited in another post as not to stray off topic from the mods original purpose of kidnapping and slavery

I dont think flashy cares one way or the other what is discussed on his mod thread, considering he doesn't support the mod, hasn't in a few years nor has he made any comments for quite some time.  This is a dead mod, we both have recommended not to use any more, and it was about slavery, rape, and kidnappings, just something I may want to try to add too it, to play along side it.  

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Maybe I'm the idiot spouting verboten ideas, but...
What's to stop somebody from looking at all the design/scripting of RSE2CSA and rewriting it from scratch?  Does Flashy/JoeR hold some claim or right to even the mere idea of a mod for enemy faction abductions in Fallout 4?

Probably too much effort for something that exists in other mods in some ways (ie. Violate, Crime and Punishment). Scripting is not easy and not everyone is interested in similar things, sadly.

7 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Maybe I'm the idiot spouting verboten ideas, but...
What's to stop somebody from looking at all the design/scripting of RSE2CSA and rewriting it from scratch?  Does Flashy/JoeR hold some claim or right to even the mere idea of a mod for enemy faction abductions in Fallout 4?

"Clean room" rewriting it from scratch (i.e. without looking at its plugins or scripts) is hard to argue against, as long as you give it a completely different name. You're essentially making a new mod inspired by the features of this one and nothing more. But also, as someone else mentioned, this is a bit of a grab-bag of features some of which are implemented better in existing actively maintained mods, so you'd be better off just reimplementing the unique features you like which you can't get anywhere else at the moment.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

"Clean room" rewriting it from scratch (i.e. without looking at its plugins or scripts) is hard to argue against, as long as you give it a completely different name. You're essentially making a new mod inspired by the features of this one and nothing more. But also, as someone else mentioned, this is a bit of a grab-bag of features some of which are implemented better in existing actively maintained mods, so you'd be better off just reimplementing the unique features you like which you can't get anywhere else at the moment.

The abduction part of this mod is really the only feature for which it should be used in my opinion and the only feature worth replicating. Other mods handle the other features of this mod better. I had hope for Assimilation and I think that mod has a lot of unlocked potential but it isnt really being developed any further either.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying out the mod right now and every time I surrender to an enemy and dialoag "Please. Don't hurt me." I get the message "You have 15 seconds to escape. AAF Init Error Detected! CSA Resetting."

I wanted to use RSE II to work in conjunction with AAF Violate.

What can I do about this problem?

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

I'm trying out the mod right now and every time I surrender to an enemy and dialoag "Please. Don't hurt me." I get the message "You have 15 seconds to escape. AAF Init Error Detected! CSA Resetting."

I wanted to use RSE II to work in conjunction with AAF Violate.

What can I do about this problem?

Don't use CSA's surrender feature. The easiest solution is to globally disable CSA in its first MCM page, and then enable the Abductions feature on its dedicated MCM page so that you can adjust options for it (though note that the abduction chance setting there is irrelevant if you're using Violate to hand you off to CSA abductions).

• 3 weeks later...

I just came upon this mod, is there any reason to use Violate if I have this installed? I know you can get abductions to take over after violate, but violate seems redundant since this mod can also do what violate does?

edit: I was testing out the abduction part of the mod in conjunction with violate, how do I perform the 'silent takedown' as shown in one of the mod screenshots?

Edited by imafaget
On 4/10/2023 at 7:18 AM, imafaget said:

I just came upon this mod, is there any reason to use Violate if I have this installed? I know you can get abductions to take over after violate, but violate seems redundant since this mod can also do what violate does?

edit: I was testing out the abduction part of the mod in conjunction with violate, how do I perform the 'silent takedown' as shown in one of the mod screenshots?

This mod was abandoned a few years ago and nothing will be added to it or any fixes.  Abduction will still work, mostly, but it is pretty much a defunct mod, you dont want to use the forced from this mod, it will break your game.  ONLY use the abduction, its the only thing that will works somewhat.  There is integration in the Violate for the abduction part of this mod, that is where you set the chances for abduction if I remember right.  Its been a while since I have used it.

Edited by Boceifus
On 4/12/2023 at 9:56 AM, Boceifus said:

This mod was abandoned a few years ago and nothing will be added to it or any fixes.  Abduction will still work, mostly, but it is pretty much a defunct mod, you dont want to use the forced from this mod, it will break your game.  ONLY use the abduction, its the only thing that will works somewhat.  There is integration in the Violate for the abduction part of this mod, that is where you set the chances for abduction if I remember right.  Its been a while since I have used it.

Yes I'm currently using violate + RSE for the abduction part, works flawlessly so far, other than being sent to Far Harbor during one abduction before I had done the intro quest, leading to Avery coming to greet me as though I just got off the boat, even though I ran in through the front gate xD but it's a minor issue, so no biggie there. Thanks for the tip about the limited functionality though, I'll just stick to my current setup then.

The player character gets attacked by an alien, surrenders but then this error opens up: "aaf init error csa resetting you have 15 seconds to get away"

Am not using a custom skeleton nor is the alien that I know of. Am thinking perhaps an animation isn't present that should be, but I haven't found any so far.

The alien cannot be killed by npcs (creatures, humanoids, turrets -watched the alien get knocked down by turret gunfire for 20+ minutes once- or by console commands but can be killed by the pc.

So, what am I missing here?

On 3/25/2023 at 7:34 AM, vaultbait said:

Don't use CSA's surrender feature. The easiest solution is to globally disable CSA in its first MCM page, and then enable the Abductions feature on its dedicated MCM page so that you can adjust options for it (though note that the abduction chance setting there is irrelevant if you're using Violate to hand you off to CSA abductions).

Tried this and it made no difference, however I did have a mod "Portable Cloning Device" which I just removed because it turns the Alien blaster into a '..cloning device..' that I tried once but never used again.

Anyways, long story short, once that cloning mod was removed the annoying, sort of undying alien disappeared.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me figure out how to change the spawn locations when Abducted? Most of them are very bad and impractical...

Like the "Apartments" in Lexington would make a lot more sense.. Its got 3 raiders, a couch, a bed.. and its creepy enough of an environment setting I can see a women being dragged up those stares and assaulted... The frame rate is good, because its a small interior cell with a few raiders, Would be much better setting, then a locked closet where the AI bugs out trying to get in, and you cannot get out... meanwhile the frame rate is dead to nothing because theres 25-50 NPC's in the area...

There is like 50 locations in this game, off hand that I can think of that are WAY better then the default locations with furnisher and a lived in environment. Its almost like the Mod author hand selected the worst buggiest, Laggiest, and dumbest locations possible on purpose. Or.. he selected them blindly and randomly, without thinking about player immersion, performance, believeability and/or practicality.....

I mean whos he trying to torture here, the character, or you?.... LOL

If I knew how to change those locations... I would be moving most of them to more practical area's.

Edited by kaindayo
2 hours ago, kaindayo said:

Can anyone help me figure out how to change the spawn locations when Abducted? Most of them are very bad and impractical...

Like the "Apartments" in Lexington would make a lot more sense.. Its got 3 raiders, a couch, a bed.. and its creepy enough of an environment setting I can see a women being dragged up those stares and assaulted... The frame rate is good, because its a small interior cell with a few raiders, Would be much better setting, then a locked closet where the AI bugs out trying to get in, and you cannot get out... meanwhile the frame rate is dead to nothing because theres 25-50 NPC's in the area...

There is like 50 locations in this game, off hand that I can think of that are WAY better then the default locations with furnisher and a lived in environment. Its almost like the Mod author hand selected the worst buggiest, Laggiest, and dumbest locations possible on purpose. Or.. he selected them blindly and randomly, without thinking about player immersion, performance, believeability and/or practicality.....

If I knew how to change those locations... I would be moving most of them to more practical area's.

If it were me, I'd try to reverse-engineer the Addon Pack for it and see how that was done.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If it were me, I'd try to reverse-engineer the Addon Pack for it and see how that was done.

Nah... That would cause even more problems then it solves. I need to directly edit the default locations... This reply also gets me nowhere as far as helping me understand the process. If I knew how to reverse engineer that mod, I wouldn't be asking for help with the original mod. Thanks for trying though.

Edited by kaindayo
16 hours ago, kaindayo said:

Lexiton apartments is one of the locations in the mod, when I used to use it it was a location a couple different times.  its just random where you are sent, also need to have "above player level" selected too to open up all locations in the mod I think.

1 hour ago, kaindayo said:

Nah... That would cause even more problems then it solves. I need to directly edit the default locations... This reply also gets me nowhere as far as helping me understand the process. If I knew how to reverse engineer that mod, I wouldn't be asking for help with the original mod. Thanks for trying though.

Analyzing the addon pack will likely help you narrow down the part of this mod's plugin which is responsible for setting the abduction locations. In effect, I was trying to help reduce the effort involved in reverse-engineering the mechanism. The usual implementation is that a plugin adds invisible markers or kneeling position "furniture" to various cells in the game and passes those in a FormList or ObjectReference array to a script which then picks one at random. I think I recall Flashy saying he also added or moved keys in some locations to make it possible for the player to get out of whatever locked room they initially get placed in.

It's going to require familiarity with the FO4CK and/or FO4Edit to do what you're wanting, full stop. Those are the same tools you'll be using to work out how it was originally implemented. If you're expecting someone to give you a step-by-step tutorial, you may be in for a very long wait.

17 hours ago, kaindayo said:

RSE uses the same Locations as the vanilla "Kidnapping" radiant quest and the same mechanism to choose them.  In RSE, the Locations are picked automatically at random by a LocationAlias in the RSEII_Mod_CSA_Abduction_Player_Location quest.  To fill the LocationAlias, the Locations must have a ref type of Boss, a ref type of BossContainer, and a ref type of CaptiveMarker which is where the captive, or you, end up when kidnapped. 

The Addon Pack just adds some of these ref types to additional Locations so that they qualify to fill these aliases.

Editing this would require finding all the locations that have a CaptiveMarker in the vanilla game, then moving that marker to somewhere less irritating.  It would be kind of a lot of work.

What I would do instead is change the RSEII_*_Location quest so that it just looks for Locations with a Boss and a BossContainer.  Then it would dynamically place a NPCPrisonerFloorSit furniture marker where the Boss is, and fill that quest's PlayerSpawnmarker with it.  This  would open up a lot more locations to be chosen at random since the search wouldn't be limited to Locations with a pre-existing CaptiveMarker.  And you would spawn kneeling tied up near the Boss, which makes more sense in terms of you being kidnapped for sex.

Edited by EgoBallistic

So I decided to go ahead and implement the idea I had in my previous post above.  It was pretty simple to do.  The attached is a patch you can install with your favorite mod manager.  The plugin is flagged as an ESL so it won't count toward your plugin limit.

What it does:

• Removes the requirement that abduction locations must qualify for the vanilla Kidnapped! quest.  They still need a Boss and a Boss Chest.  This opens up a lot of new locations as potential destinations, including ones added by mods.  In my most recent test I was abducted to the East C.I.T. Raider Camp from ThuggySmurf's Commonwealth Bounties mod.
  • The player will now spawn kneeling near the location's Boss.  This will hopefully work out better than in closets and locked rooms and whatnot.

The patch only edits a couple of aliases in CSA's abduction quests and adds a little script to try to ensure the new player spawn marker doesn't get placed on top of furniture or inside a wall.  It doesn't modify any of CSA's own scripts and it doesn't otherwise alter the way the abduction system works.  I tried with all three factions and it worked well for me, but this is a Bethesda game so your mileage may vary.

@kaindayo and anyone else interested - give this a try and let me know what you think.  If people like it I might roll it into Violate as an install option.

RSEII_CSA Location Patch.7z