[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

3 hours ago, Caspicious said:

When the enemies surrender I have the options to access inventory, execute, rape, or release. My only problem is it takes a minute for the dialogue to come up. Also is it possible to use pacify and tag the enemy as surrendered?

That system is terribly broken in RSE.  You should use Violate for that instead.  Violate can still trigger abductions from RSE so you can have both installed, just disable RSEs surrender features.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:14 AM, hfhkqidhs said:

Not to be a necromancer, but this post is relevant to my current issues with CSA, and since you are still active on the forum, I'll use it as a starting point.

During an abduction the raiders at some point (100% not yet at the end of the timer set in MCM) turned "randomly" hostile, and I assumed that this was CSA just bugging out. Should also note that this has happened in previous abductions too. But your post seems to say that the captors turning hostile is a feature? I saw no message or warning, and the timer was not about to end, so it didn't really seem like a feature, but now I'm confused.

Are the captors actually supposed to "randomly" turn hostile?

I had this problem and figured out it was due to turrets recognising some actions as hostile. I removed the turrets (click on them then "disable" them in the console) and my problem was gone.

6 minutes ago, filan said:

Is there any way to increase visitor frequency? It annoys me a bit that I get abducted and then I'm basically left alone most of the time.

Funny, at one game hour frequency I was often getting a new visitor while still appeasing the prior one, then they'd get angry because I wasn't responding fast enough and beat me.

Granted I don't use this mod any longer, but I also used to set up the Harassment mod to allow raider, gunner or super mutant approachers whenever I was captive, and that added some variety too.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:46 PM, filan said:

I had this problem and figured out it was due to turrets recognising some actions as hostile. I removed the turrets (click on them then "disable" them in the console) and my problem was gone.

An interesting theory, and one that is not at least immediately contradicted by what I observed: I believe that every abduction site I saw did have turrets. However, given Vaultbait's explanation on how RP and CSA are in conflict, I don't think using them together is a good idea even if the hostility is not caused by their conflict.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ewura said:

Hi, when I change any settings of this mod in MCM, close and open MCM, it reverts back (wasn't saved). Anyone encountered this issue before?

The usual culprits are a missing master of the plugin, lack of write permission in the Data\MCM\Settings folder, or you're using Private Profile Redirector (known bug, use Buffout 4 instead since it provides similar file read caching speedups anyway).

I have this issue where if I change any setting, like the frequency of AAF event, it stops working all together.
I was hoping to see a random event every now and again to add some funny moments to my game stubbling across two raiders getting it on, or something, but by default, NPC's are fucking every 1-2 minutes unless I turn it off... a bit overkill IMO. I changed the settings to trigger every 5-15 minutes, and I have not seen anything at all, in 9 hours.

How do I change this setting without messing it up?

Edited by kaindayo
3 hours ago, kaindayo said:

I have this issue where if I change any setting, like the frequency of AAF event, it stops working all together.
I was hoping to see a random event every now and again to add some funny moments to my game stubbling across two raiders getting it on, or something, but by default, NPC's are fucking every 1-2 minutes unless I turn it off... a bit overkill IMO. I changed the settings to trigger every 5-15 minutes, and I have not seen anything at all, in 9 hours.

How do I change this setting without messing it up?

Are you sure you're posting in the right topic? It sounds like you're talking about Autonomy Enhanced or maybe Random Shenanigans, but nothing you're describing makes sense if you're talking about the CSA (Combat Surrender and Abductions) mod.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Are you sure you're posting in the right topic? It sounds like you're talking about Autonomy Enhanced or maybe Random Shenanigans, but nothing you're describing makes sense if you're talking about the CSA (Combat Surrender and Abductions) mod.

oh dang. you're right. Sorry I had two pages open. lol..

it was Meant for Autonomy Enhanced

• 2 weeks later...

General question(s)

1) Is this mod worth playing with in 2023? Asking as my character's just been abducted and it works awfully (it never worked well, but this time it's by far the worst). Abductors would approach and start an AAF scene, but if that scene is started at certain point in the dungeon, all the abductors would turn hostile for some reason. Mind you, I've disabled the safe movement range in MCM as 2000 in-game units is too low for movement.

It's pretty dumb and frustrating, actually. I can straight-up walk out of the dungeon despite abductor(s) standing right next to the entrance, but if I move to one specific room in that dungeon (the chest isn't in that room), I'd get attacked.

2) I've been keeping CSA in my load order for the past few years as it's pretty much the only mod that's focused on abductions and I've never seen a mod similar to it which offers those features. I mean, Raider Pet exists, but I don't use it as it's only for Raiders and I never really bothered with it, to be honest. Should I ditch CSA for RP? Are there any other alternatives?

3) If I decide to get rid of this old, unsupported buggy mess (CSA) in favor of something else (such as RP), is it safe to do it mid-game or am I required to start a new save?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

3) If I decide to get rid of this old, unsupported buggy mess (CSA) in favor of something else (such as RP), is it safe to do it mid-game or am I required to start a new save?

Disable all its features in MCM and leave it be until you start a new game. Safer that way.

Edited by lee3310
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 1:55 AM, rubber_duck said:

General question(s)

1) Is this mod worth playing with in 2023? Asking as my character's just been abducted and it works awfully (it never worked well, but this time it's by far the worst). Abductors would approach and start an AAF scene, but if that scene is started at certain point in the dungeon, all the abductors would turn hostile for some reason. Mind you, I've disabled the safe movement range in MCM as 2000 in-game units is too low for movement.

It's pretty dumb and frustrating, actually. I can straight-up walk out of the dungeon despite abductor(s) standing right next to the entrance, but if I move to one specific room in that dungeon (the chest isn't in that room), I'd get attacked.

2) I've been keeping CSA in my load order for the past few years as it's pretty much the only mod that's focused on abductions and I've never seen a mod similar to it which offers those features. I mean, Raider Pet exists, but I don't use it as it's only for Raiders and I never really bothered with it, to be honest. Should I ditch CSA for RP? Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

RP and RSE can work side by side if you use violate.

Its never safe to remove mods mid playthrough but it might be okay to add RP, you should look in the RP discussions/modpage for that.

CSA is pretty lackluster in some ways and maybe worth ditching at some point but i would suggest to just turn off all features in your game on an existing save instead of uninstalling it completely, even with a save cleaner there no way to be sure it wont cause issues down the line.

On 9/23/2023 at 4:06 AM, FovI said:

RP and RSE can work side by side if you use violate.

Its never safe to remove mods mid playthrough but it might be okay to add RP, you should look in the RP discussions/modpage for that.

CSA is pretty lackluster in some ways and maybe worth ditching at some point but i would suggest to just turn off all features in your game on an existing save instead of uninstalling it completely, even with a save cleaner there no way to be sure it wont cause issues down the line.

What mod is RP?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Raider Pet.  It's got an actual plot (although you can certainly treat it like a temporary abduction setting the way RSE is).  Violate can send you into Raider Pet as an outcome as well, but it only works with Raiders.

ahh yeah i just forgot the acronym i use raider pet actually, thanks tho

• 2 weeks later...

I was randomly checking mods (looking for persistence hazard) and i think i accidentally found an error in RSEII_CSAMainScript

Function Surrender()
UnregisterForHitEvent(RandAttacker)
If (RSEII_CSA_BipedDialogue.Find(Attacker.GetRace()) > - 1)
  PlayerREF.PlayIdle(LooseIdleStop)
  AggressorREF.ForceRefTo(RandAttacker)
  Utility.Wait(0.5)
  RandAttacker.SayCustom(RSEII_Topic_NotMyType,RandAttacker,false,PlayerREF)
  While RandAttacker.IsTalking() == True
  Utility.Wait(0.1)
  EndWhile
  Outcomes(RandAttacker)
  Return
Else

"Attacker" should be empty at that point so RandAttacker make more sense:
If (RSEII_CSA_BipedDialogue.Find(RandAttacker.GetRace()) > - 1)
@EgoBallistic If you are familiar with the scripts maybe you can confirm it.

12 hours ago, lee3310 said:

"Attacker" should be empty at that point so RandAttacker make more sense:
If (RSEII_CSA_BipedDialogue.Find(RandAttacker.GetRace()) > - 1)
@EgoBallistic If you are familiar with the scripts maybe you can confirm it.

Sure looks like it.  Attacker is declared at the top level of the script so it is in scope and the code compiles, but using it there doesn't make sense.