Sexout Discounts Updated 01. May 2012! Final version!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I skimmed the thread and may have missed it, but is not working with a male PC a known issue? I ask for a discount, get the response "For a hunk like you I wouldn't mind lowering my prices for a favor..." or something like that, then it just drops back to the main conversation tree.

I skimmed the thread and may have missed it' date=' but is not working with a male PC a known issue? I ask for a discount, get the response "For a hunk like you I wouldn't mind lowering my prices for a favor..." or something like that, then it just drops back to the main conversation tree.

[/quote']

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. The lines were all there, I just hadn't connected them :P New file in OP now!

Is it intended that prices actually go up after "bartering" for characters with low barter skill? My character (7 charisma, twenty-something barter) tried to get a discount on a katana the Novac gift shop guy wanted 2500 caps for. After the act the price was over 3000 caps.

Is it intended that prices actually go up after "bartering" for characters with low barter skill? My character (7 charisma' date=' twenty-something barter) tried to get a discount on a katana the Novac gift shop guy wanted 2500 caps for. After the act the price was over 3000 caps.

[/quote']

The discount is on base price, if you have a high rep or other discounts working in your favour it currently doesn't count that in and you can end up with higher prices after giving yourself away for a discount.

• 2 months later...

This is a really noob question' date=' but what do i do with the .esp? FOMM doesn't load them like other mods. I actually just started playing with mods today, is there a link to a noob walkthru you could send me?

[/quote']

You need to put it in your data folder. Be sure just the esp is put there, not a folder with the esp in it.

This is a really noob question' date=' but what do i do with the .esp? FOMM doesn't load them like other mods. I actually just started playing with mods today, is there a link to a noob walkthru you could send me?

[/quote']

You need to put it in your data folder. Be sure just the esp is put there, not a folder with the esp in it.

Thanks! I had them in another folder, this fixed it. Also, thanks for the quick reply!

With individual .esps I create a new folder and create a Data folder within that, then drop the .esp into that data folder. In your case

Discounts/Data/SexoutDiscounts.esp

Use the drop down on FOMM installer and select "Add Mod From Folder"

FOMM can then do all the hard work for you

• 4 weeks later...

I have absolutely no right to ask you to do more hard work but I signed up DL this amazing mod and wondered if it WOULD be possible to set up a token/flag to allow male/male and girl/girl sex for discounts. Obviously I am oblivious to how much work we're talking about but if it's possible that would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

So.....this is already a final version.

I like this mod, actually I have several ideas if you are interesting to continue to mod. I think human are lustful creature, especially in front of beautiful person. If the PC have high charisma, there a change the shopkeepers will offer a discount or even free item in exchange for sex autonomously, without being asked at first. From Shopkeepers to drug dealers on the street. What do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can't seem to get this to work.

I choose dialog option "Perhaps you could lower your prices for me?"

If vendor accepts he say's "You'll have to offer something in return"

"What would that be?"

"Your Body"

"We can do that"

Then it exits out of conversation, and the store keeper goes about what ever he was doing before I talked to him.

After a brief amount of time the store menu pops up. It dose not even try to run animations.

Had it working once then I started a new game, and now it don't work again. Not really a big deal just wondering if anyone has anything helpfull.

Thanks

Yeaah... something broke this for me, too, tangent. I'm not sure what it is that made it stop working, but it's a damn shame... because of all the Sexout mods that exist, this one really actually had USEFUL implications. (That's as opposed to getting raped on the roadside by bandits or brutally mauled by deathclaws. I'm talking in terms of practicality.)

I suppose I can just go back to whoring myself out for caps... but it was nice to be able to get the direct-from-vendor discount too.

Oh well.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same issue with this as with Resolutions:  if I have it active I can't talk to NPCs, the conversations won't trigger. Also it doesn't let me save either. It sys quicksaving/quilckloading but nothing really happens.

Nevermind, fixed it.

• 2 months later...

I like this mod but I would like to suggest a change.  The merchants don't give any feedback that they lowered their prices.  What would enhance this mod is if the merchants commented on the sex afterwards.

something like...

"You're not really cut out for this are you?"  =no discount.

"I have had better" = low discount

"That was great" = medium discount

"Oh my God..You're amazing.  Just a second. Let me catch my breath...wow."  =high discount

Now if something like this is already implemented than I did something wrong.

I also suggest (unless you already implemented this) that the discount persist for 24 game hours or so. If it already does than I just didn't notice so disregard.  

These are just suggestions.  I am no modder so I have no idea how hard it would be to implement things like these.  Much respect for what you have done already and thank you for improving my game.

On the haggle and charisma.  It seems like many of the mods check charisma.  I know that seems like the obvious choice.  I am surprised people haven't considered agility, endurance with charisma.  The way a person looks and their bearing is good for initiating sex but their moves and lasting power should go further to determine if the sex was good.  There was an author for a Neverwinter nights mod that nailed it in my opinion.  Charisma was looks but constitution (their version of endurance) was equally important and made people comment on the PCs breasts and ass.  A high constitution made people regard the PC as busty and endowed with a great behind.  A low con made them say she was flat chested and skinny. The combination of low con and high charisma made them say they had a beautiful face but not a hard body or if the opposite was true than a great body but a pudding face.

I like this mod but I would like to suggest a change.  The merchants don't give any feedback that they lowered their prices.  What would enhance this mod is if the merchants commented on the sex afterwards.

something like...

"You're not really cut out for this are you?"  =no discount.

"I have had better" = low discount

"That was great" = medium discount

"Oh my God..You're amazing.  Just a second. Let me catch my breath...wow."  =high discount

Now if something like this is already implemented than I did something wrong.

I also suggest (unless you already implemented this) that the discount persist for 24 game hours or so. If it already does than I just didn't notice so disregard.  

These are just suggestions.  I am no modder so I have no idea how hard it would be to implement things like these.  Much respect for what you have done already and thank you for improving my game.

On the haggle and charisma.  It seems like many of the mods check charisma.  I know that seems like the obvious choice.  I am surprised people haven't considered agility, endurance with charisma.  The way a person looks and their bearing is good for initiating sex but their moves and lasting power should go further to determine if the sex was good.  There was an author for a Neverwinter nights mod that nailed it in my opinion.  Charisma was looks but constitution (their version of endurance) was equally important and made people comment on the PCs breasts and ass.  A high constitution made people regard the PC as busty and endowed with a great behind.  A low con made them say she was flat chested and skinny. The combination of low con and high charisma made them say they had a beautiful face but not a hard body or if the opposite was true than a great body but a pudding face.

That's a good idea and makes sense.

The Barter stat probably should be calculated IMO because you're negotiating how much your body is worth, though how well you do could speak for itself. For SPECIAL points though:

S.trength: You wouldn't need to be too strong but being too fragile could mean not being able perform well

P.erception: Being able to see the changes in mood or behavior in what pleases or displeases your partner

E.ndurance: Lasting power

C.harisma: You could have great moves, but if you're butt ugly or annoying it might not be as exciting and kind of a turn off

I.ntelligence: Knowing basic information is useful.With 1 or 2 intelligence the PC may not even know what sex is

A.gility: Being able move just right is important

L.uck: Self explanatory