Here we go patch is coming

Afro68

Turbo has put out a warning on Patreon that an update is coming on the 16th. By now everyone should know the drill but if you don't turn off automatic updates in Origin and play your game in offline mode until the modders update. We don't know for sure but he expects most script mods to break. Hopefully people read this and there isn't 50 threads in technical support saying my game updated and WW broke help. I put out a warning when I can but it happens anyway ?‍♂️. Enjoy your week.

On April 16th, a new game patch for The Sims 4 will be released. This is supposedly going to be one of the biggest bugfix updates, and it comes with an introduction of freelance careers.

This patch might be likely to break a lot of mods, especially tuning mods (custom jobs, custom traits, custom interactions, game behavior overrides) and UI mods. Before playing the game, all of the mods you use should be fully updated for the new patch.WickedWhims requires all of your mods to be updated and functional or you will encounter issues.

You can disable automatic game updates by switching off the "Automatic game updates" setting in Origin's Application Settings.

Quoted from TURBODRIVER 

Don't know if people are aware but were supposed to get a massive sims 4 game update today...lots of bug fixes and a new career so I expect a lot of mods will get broken.

supposed to be 5pm uk time but not seen anything yet so could happen anytime now.....good luck people.

13 minutes ago, procian said:

Don't know if people are aware but were supposed to get a massive sims 4 game update today...lots of bug fixes and a new career so I expect a lot of mods will get broken.

supposed to be 5pm uk time but not seen anything yet so could happen anytime now.....good luck people.

10am pacific time so that will be 6pm uk time taking into account bst.

29 minutes ago, procian said:

My game is updating.

You can turn off Auto-Game updates in Origin which is what I do. And only let my game update when the mods get updated to the new patch.

Ok, I see. Once a person goes into settings in Origin and find the uncheck the setting that says to update automatically, then the next time you open Origin, it will tell you that updates are available and ask if you'd like to update. That's where you have to choose the option that says "play offline". And as long as you click that option, you should be able to open the Sims 4 game without having to use Origin. At least, that's how I did it.... glad there was a warning here or I wouldn't have known.

Archived