How do you get Advance Animation Framework to load? This is a fresh installation of Fallout 4 on a new rig. I have everything that its needs F4SE 1.10.130, latest F4 version, and up to date Lookmenu. I used MO2 and LOOT to assign order, and testing with new game every time. Other mods seem to be showing up, loading in on the top left, but there is ZERO mention of AAF. No processing, no error, nothing. Home button does nothing.

Untitled-1.png

Fallout4-2019-04-03-10-36-55-37.png

I tries booting it with the bare minimum

Untitled-2.png

Stills gets nothing. I've been searching around on the internet, there seem to a huge amount of people that ran into same the problem as me, but no answer was found on my part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304?tab=posts

The official troubleshoot page also does little to nothing to helps.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/Main/Troubleshooting

If anyone know how to get this running, it will be  much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

4 hours ago, noobshi said:

How do you get Advance Animation Framework to load? This is a fresh installation of Fallout 4 on a new rig. I have everything that its needs F4SE 1.10.130, latest F4 version, and up to date Lookmenu. I used MO2 and LOOT to assign order, and testing with new game every time. Other mods seem to be showing up, loading in on the top left, but there is ZERO mention of AAF. No processing, no error, nothing. Home button does nothing.

Untitled-1.png

Fallout4-2019-04-03-10-36-55-37.png

I tries booting it with the bare minimum

Untitled-2.png

Stills gets nothing. I've been searching around on the internet, there seem to a huge amount of people that ran into same the problem as me, but no answer was found on my part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304?tab=posts

The official troubleshoot page also does little to nothing to helps.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/Main/Troubleshooting

If anyone know how to get this running, it will be  much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

You say there is no mention whatsoever at start up about AAF, how are you launching the game? Are you using the F4SE launcher?

1 hour ago, noobshi said:

Yes, F4SE through MO2.

Don't know. I'm not too bad at figuring out errors and helping to get it going but the fact that it doesn't even load at start up I don't have a lot of info for you. Have you tried just starting a game with AAF and no other mods whatsoever. It almost sounds like a F4SE problem but if that was the case then AAF or the game would give that info (warning) Try starting a game with just AAF, MCM, LooksMenu. I know LooksMenu isn't technically a hard requirement for AAF but without it AAF is somewhat useless for what most people would be using it for. Beyond that, I don't know off hand. Every time I had a issue with AAF it would try to load at least and then I could go from there but the fact that it isn't doing anything at all stumps me a little. All I can think of is F4SE. Make sure everything is the newest version and try with no other mods but the 3, lets see what happens.

Also use the actual F4SE launcher in your Fallout4 folder not through your mod manager or desk top short cut.

3 hours ago, walkin said:

Don't know. I'm not too bad at figuring out errors and helping to get it going but the fact that it doesn't even load at start up I don't have a lot of info for you. Have you tried just starting a game with AAF and no other mods whatsoever. It almost sounds like a F4SE problem but if that was the case then AAF or the game would give that info (warning) Try starting a game with just AAF, MCM, LooksMenu. I know LooksMenu isn't technically a hard requirement for AAF but without it AAF is somewhat useless for what most people would be using it for. Beyond that, I don't know off hand. Every time I had a issue with AAF it would try to load at least and then I could go from there but the fact that it isn't doing anything at all stumps me a little. All I can think of is F4SE. Make sure everything is the newest version and try with no other mods but the 3, lets see what happens.

Also use the actual F4SE launcher in your Fallout4 folder not through your mod manager or desk top short cut.

The 3rd picture is with AAF, Lookmenu, MCM, and Atomic Lust (for testing). it still wouldn't work. Running F4SE without MO will just be the normal game without mod. That would defeat the purpose of this. This is a fresh install, everything is up to date.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Odds are that F4SE is not installed correctly.

You can try using the GFV Tool on discord to analyze your installation and help spot issues.

I'm about to give up right now. For some reason, my console command stopped working. I just use "getf4seversion" this morning to test if F4SE was working (F4SE was running), now ` does nothing. I do feel like you're right though, due to the fact that there is a weird $ in front of MCM two icons. But at the same time, MCM and other mods seem to show up. If F4SE is installed incorrectly, shouldn't all the mod be messed up? I used Gopher guide to install F4SE.

Though I can't open console command to run getf4seversion, Fallout4-2019-04-03-19-16-25-30.png

The corner seem to indicate that it is the right version of F4SE still.

44 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Try re-installing F4SE based on the instructions that come with it rather than the video. And pay close attention to moving the script files over.

I'm going re download Fallout 4 again tonight in order to fix the console problem. I will report back tomorrow. But I will say this, using the official instruction from the "readme" doesn't work also. I have tried that this morning.

"Copy f4se_1_10_130.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\, but if you have installed to a custom Steam library then you will need to find this folder yourself. Copy the Data folder over as well."

Could it be that this happen because my Fallout folder is not in the official steam location? I have a separate SSD for Skyrim and Fallout 4. 

25 minutes ago, noobshi said:

I'm going re download Fallout 4 again tonight in order to fix the console problem. I will report back tomorrow. But I will say this, using the official instruction from the "readme" doesn't work also. I have tried that this morning.

"Copy f4se_1_10_130.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\, but if you have installed to a custom Steam library then you will need to find this folder yourself. Copy the Data folder over as well."

Could it be that this happen because my Fallout folder is not in the official steam location? I have a separate SSD for Skyrim and Fallout 4. 

This is the way I would do F4SE:

Grab F4SE from here-http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Theres probably many ways to do it but heres how I like to do it.

Open Zip file- there will be 2 folders(Data-Src) and 6 loose files.

Copy the 6 loose files and drop them in your Fallout 4 folder. Not the data folder but the 1 with the Fallout4 exe. Overwrite if asked

Right click the Data folder and send it  to a archive (turn it into a zip file) Rename the file anything you want- I usually just rename it to FO4Scripts

Open and install your new zip file with whatever mod manager you use. Done!

You don't need the src folder. You can keep or get rid of it.

You wrote copy the data folder over also. I wouldn't do that, I would try this way. Let your mod manager install the scripts(data folder)

Running F4SE without mod manager doesn't mean squat. Most mods you use don't use or need F4SE to work so theyre going to work regardless of having F4SE or not. I said to try running it from the actual exe itself cause sometimes the short cut doesn't work properly or can just stop working for no apparent reason.

47 minutes ago, walkin said:

This is the way I would do F4SE:

Grab F4SE from here-http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Theres probably many ways to do it but heres how I like to do it.

Open Zip file- there will be 2 folders(Data-Src) and 6 loose files.

Copy the 6 loose files and drop them in your Fallout 4 folder. Not the data folder but the 1 with the Fallout4 exe. Overwrite if asked

Right click the Data folder and send it  to a archive (turn it into a zip file) Rename the file anything you want- I usually just rename it to FO4Scripts

Open and install your new zip file with whatever mod manager you use. Done!

You don't need the src folder. You can keep or get rid of it.

You wrote copy the data folder over also. I wouldn't do that, I would try this way. Let your mod manager install the scripts(data folder)

Running F4SE without mod manager doesn't mean squat. Most mods you use don't use or need F4SE to work so theyre going to work regardless of having F4SE or not. I said to try running it from the actual exe itself cause sometimes the short cut doesn't work properly or can just stop working for no apparent reason.

That's exactly what Gopher did in his video (which I copy). My path from MO2 is linked directly to the F4SE_loader.exe in the Fallout 4 folder. I don't have a shortcut for F4SE.

41 minutes ago, noobshi said:

That's exactly what Gopher did in his video (which I copy). My path from MO2 is linked directly to the F4SE_loader.exe in the Fallout 4 folder. I don't have a shortcut for F4SE.

Well without having the option to walk over to the next room and look at your computer there is nothing else I can suggest myself. Good luck hope you get it going eventually, it will no doubt probably turn out to be something stupid. Lol

Someone else might know so I'd just keep checking back.

If and when you get everything going do come back to this thread and let everyone know what it ended up being, it could be valuable info for someone else.

imo, making a plugin out of F4SE like the video just adds more steps that can be messed up.

Many people read the official instructions and only copy the first 3 files over (and overlook the Data folder with scripts in it).

I recommend just manually copying the F4SE files in per the instructions.

18 hours ago, dagobaking said:

imo, making a plugin out of F4SE like the video just adds more steps that can be messed up.

Many people read the official instructions and only copy the first 3 files over (and overlook the Data folder with scripts in it).

I recommend just manually copying the F4SE files in per the instructions.

Re-downloaded the whole game again over night. Did exactly as instructed in the readme.txt.  Copied "f4se_1_10_130.dll", "f4se_loader.exe", and "f4se_steam_loader.dll" and "Data" folder into Fallout 4 directory. Tested with only AAF, Lookmenu, and MCM.

Fallout4-2019-04-04-11-32-36-49.png

Fallout4-2019-04-04-11-28-15-03.png

I even try manually installing AAF, MCM and Lookmenu, running directly using F4SE instead of MO2. MCM and Lookmenu works, still no sign of AAF. I try pressing all 6 of the buttons in the "Home" are, still nothing.

I really appreciate you, the author, helping me out, but I'm not the only one with this problem. This are some from the first page of your nexus bug section. The page you send for tracking bug is here https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/issues?status=new&status=open

There is nothing there that is relate to my problem, and all topic seem to be empty when open.

"

17 March 2019, 1:44PM

Hey, maybe someone can help me.

I installed this mod, but not even the home key works. Both F4SE and Fallout4 report the mod's .esm as being loaded. But MCM for example doesn't report loading its settings and as I said the home key doesn't work.

13 February 2019, 8:32PM

I have installed all the prerequisites: LooksMenu, F4SE and the AAF. but at the time of starting the game I can not open any menu, I used all the keys and nothing.
Does anyone know why this happens or do you know how to solve it?

28 February 2019, 6:55PM
Same here.

Turned on the error listing in the settings file, but nothing ever comes on-screen, so I don't even get the error codes.

Re-installed F4SE, and AAF, and AAF misc patches, Atomic Lust, and the Kinky animation themes.

At least if I got error codes I would know it is trying to load. :)

01 March 2019, 12:15AM

Same here, the only answer I got was that I didn't install something correctly.

"

Here are photo of my Fallout 4 folder.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Anyway, don't worry about this anymore. I'ma just play the game without any adult mods.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:06 AM, Veladarius said:

Personally I can't even start a new game with AAF enabled. I have to leave it disabled then once I start the game I enable it, your issue may be similar in that AAF won't start on a new game but you can actually get to character creation where I can't.

Just tested right now. Started a new without AAF, runs around commonwealth for 10 minutes, log out and installs AAF. Doesn't work :/ Thanks for info though.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:17 PM, noobshi said:

I really appreciate you, the author, helping me out, but I'm not the only one with this problem.

Are you suggesting that there is randomness involved in whether or not it works? AAF is used by thousands of people. They follow the instructions and it works.

So, in your case, that leaves only a few possibilities:

1) You aren't installing the minimal requirements right.

2) There is some other rare variation about your computer, game installation, etc. that is breaking things.

The obvious first thing to work through is the possibility of #1. In most cases, the user hasn't installed F4SE correctly. Other, less common issues are listed in the wiki.

So, if those can all be ruled out, then we have to consider #2. In that case, it is on you to figure out why your system is different than the 1000s of other systems that it works on under the same conditions. What other solution is there for those cases?

On 4/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, dagobaking said:

Are you suggesting that there is randomness involved in whether or not it works? AAF is used by thousands of people. They follow the instructions and it works.

So, in your case, that leaves only a few possibilities:

1) You aren't installing the minimal requirements right.

2) There is some other rare variation about your computer, game installation, etc. that is breaking things.

The obvious first thing to work through is the possibility of #1. In most cases, the user hasn't installed F4SE correctly. Other, less common issues are listed in the wiki.

So, if those can all be ruled out, then we have to consider #2. In that case, it is on you to figure out why your system is different than the 1000s of other systems that it works on under the same conditions. What other solution is there for those cases?

I'm not saying there is an arbitrary factor in the mod. I'm just simply trying to point out I'm not the only one with this problem. Even if AAF works for thousands of people, there are a handful that couldn't get it to work. F4SE isn't hard to install, it's literally just copying 4 stuffs into the game directory. Hell, copying everything from F4SE into the game folder should still enabling it to run correctly. I even show you what's in my game folder, so please point out what I did wrong. I didn't make this topic to bash the mod or anything, I really just want to play modded Fallout 4 on my new rig.

I tried AAF a year back when I was still on my fx 8350 - r290x build. On the previous build, I already had fourplay mods installed, so I just assumed that maybe it was interfering with AAF and left it as that (Which shouldn't be the case because all those mod was installed through MO2). Skip to today, with a brand new 2600x - 1070ti  rig with everything replaced, I download Fallout 4 from scratch, I still couldn't get AAF to work. YES it might be my system (x2) that is the problem, and YES I would love to find even one solution other than "You installed F4SE wrong" for the dozen of sites that listed this problem. Even if I'll just say that it is something wrong with my system (Maybe it's the internet or something, who knows), I don't see why you refuse to think that it could be something wrong with the mod as a possibility.

17 minutes ago, noobshi said:

I'm not saying there is an arbitrary factor in the mod. I'm just simply trying to point out I'm not the only one with this problem. Even if AAF works for thousands of people, there are a handful that couldn't get it to work. F4SE isn't hard to install, it's literally just copying 4 stuffs into the game directory. Hell, copying everything from F4SE into the game folder should still enabling it to run correctly. I even show you what's in my game folder, so please point out what I did wrong. I didn't make this topic to bash the mod or anything, I really just want to play modded Fallout 4 on my new rig.

I tried AAF a year back when I was still on my fx 8350 - r290x build. On the previous build, I already had fourplay mods installed, so I just assumed that maybe it was interfering with AAF and left it as that (Which shouldn't be the case because all those mod was installed through MO2). Skip to today, with a brand new 2600x - 1070ti  rig with everything replaced, I download Fallout 4 from scratch, I still couldn't get AAF to work. YES it might be my system (x2) that is the problem, and YES I would love to find even one solution other than "You installed F4SE wrong" for the dozen of sites that listed this problem. Even if I'll just say that it is something wrong with my system (Maybe it's the internet or something, who knows), I don't see why you refuse to think that it could be something wrong with the mod as a possibility.

There may be 1 other option you could give a go. 1 quick question- Do you have any other mods not related to AAF installed that require F4SE and if so are they working in game exactly as they should be? 

2 minutes ago, noobshi said:

Off the top of my head, MCM for sure require F4SE, and that seem to "work" as intended, except for the '$' in front of it. Lookmenu seem to be working correctly, I can save and load faces as usual.

Well lets just assume it works and were good to go. I'm not here to determine that 1 way or the other. Lol. This isn't really a fix of any sort just a suggestion you could try for no better reason they why not. Try rolling back your fallout 4 game to 1 version ago and do the same for F4SE and AAF. That's what I'm using right now and its working just fine. If you don't know how just google it. You'll find guide or answer in like 2 seconds, lots of people do it. I don't bother updating my game unless theres a reason, why fix it if its not broke right. Lol. You never know, you might get lucky and it might just fire right up. I don't think its your PC requirements, I'm running mine on a middle of the line computer no problem and it looks really good. I don't think fallout 4 takes that much to run.

1 hour ago, walkin said:

There may be 1 other option you could give a go. 1 quick question- Do you have any other mods not related to AAF installed that require F4SE and if so are they working in game exactly as they should be? 

Off the top of my head, MCM for sure require F4SE, and that seem to "work" as intended, except for the '$' in front of it. Lookmenu seem to be working correctly, I can save and load faces as usual. I will add that I get this message for Better Locational Damage

Fallout4-2019-04-09-21-08-56-62.png

So I do think it is a problem on my part, I just don't get why there would even be a problem. It's just copying 4 files over (I just try all files over, I mean, why not at this point).

23 minutes ago, noobshi said:

Off the top of my head, MCM for sure require F4SE, and that seem to "work" as intended, except for the '$' in front of it. Lookmenu seem to be working correctly, I can save and load faces as usual. I will add that I get this message for Better Locational Damage

So I do think it is a problem on my part, I just don't get why there would even be a problem. It's just copying 4 files over (I just try all files over, I mean, why not at this point).

Yeah I don't know what to say about that. I don't want to beat a dead horse on you, you say its done correct and you don't seem stupid so I'm going to believe you and at the same time the screen says no its not done correctly. Lol. I feel like Judge Judy here. Rule for the plaintiff or defendant. LOL Just curious if you think you can remember but I was wondering when you took the snap shot of inside your scripts folder a few days back, if you remember if you had anything else installed yet. Like ant AAF mods or LooksMenu or MCM or anything or if it was a brand new game with just F4SE installed.

Also maybe let me see whats in there now 

3 hours ago, noobshi said:

I'm not saying there is an arbitrary factor in the mod. I'm just simply trying to point out I'm not the only one with this problem. Even if AAF works for thousands of people, there are a handful that couldn't get it to work.

I get that. But, I'm pointing out that this observation doesn't help us much as there are multiple people with the same install problems.

F4SE isn't hard to install, it's literally just copying 4 stuffs into the game directory.

Well. I can confirm that many, many people install it wrong.

I don't see why you refuse to think that it could be something wrong with the mod as a possibility.

Because the evidence that it is an install issue far outweighs the possibility that its a mod bug. As I was alluding to, it is not logical that the mod would work for the vast majority of people and not for a few due to a bug. Bugs cause the same symptoms given the same user-flow.

The logical conclusion of that pattern is that there is some specific thing(s) that are different about the machines it doesnt work on.

1 hour ago, noobshi said:

It's not just 4 files. It includes an entire folder full of scripts. Maybe you are not copying that or are putting them in the wrong location?

I think that "$" in front of words is a symptom of F4SE not being installed correctly too.

I'm going to research Better Locational Damage because if I can get AAF to give a similar error when F4SE is not installed right it would save a lot of people a lot of time.

2 hours ago, walkin said:

Yeah I don't know what to say about that. I don't want to beat a dead horse on you, you say its done correct and you don't seem stupid so I'm going to believe you and at the same time the screen says no its not done correctly. Lol. I feel like Judge Judy here. Rule for the plaintiff or defendant. LOL Just curious if you think you can remember but I was wondering when you took the snap shot of inside your scripts folder a few days back, if you remember if you had anything else installed yet. Like ant AAF mods or LooksMenu or MCM or anything or if it was a brand new game with just F4SE installed.

Also maybe let me see whats in there now 

Here is the complete set, from game directory to User. It doesn't have AAF or any other script because I install it through MO2 instead of manual. I tried manual last time before redownload. Trying to keep it clean for a consistent test. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

I get that. But, I'm pointing out that this observation doesn't help us much as there are multiple people with the same install problems.

Well. I can confirm that many, many people install it wrong.

Because the evidence that it is an install issue far outweighs the possibility that its a mod bug. As I was alluding to, it is not logical that the mod would work for the vast majority of people and not for a few due to a bug. Bugs cause the same symptoms given the same user-flow.

The logical conclusion of that pattern is that there is some specific thing(s) that are different about the machines it doesnt work on.

It's not just 4 files. It includes an entire folder full of scripts. Maybe you are not copying that or are putting them in the wrong location?

I think that "$" in front of words is a symptom of F4SE not being installed correctly too.

I'm going to research Better Locational Damage because if I can get AAF to give a similar error when F4SE is not installed right it would save a lot of people a lot of time.

Hey, I just want to thanks for taking your time in trying to help me out with this. I might have sounded like an asshole in the post above, I really wasn't trying to be. If you can figure this out, it will be huge help for the community. I'm willing to bet there are thousands of people out there who don't even have  AAF but installed F4SE wrong or something. It might just work enough for MCM or Lookmenu, but not for the rest of the mods and they don't even know about it.

4 minutes ago, noobshi said:

Here is the complete set, from game directory to User. It doesn't have AAF or any other script because I install it through MO2 instead of manual. I tried manual last time before redownload. Trying to keep it clean for a consistent test. 

You should use a mod manager to install AAF and other mods.

4 minutes ago, noobshi said:

Hey, I just want to thanks for taking your time in trying to help me out with this. I might have sounded like an asshole in the post above, I really wasn't trying to be. If you can figure this out, it will be huge help for the community. I'm willing to bet there are thousands of people out there who don't even have  AAF but installed F4SE wrong or something. It might just work enough for MCM or Lookmenu, but not for the rest of the mods and they don't even know about it.

Yes. I believe that some mods do continue to work with F4SE partially installed.

However, from your screenshots, it looks like it is installed. I am wondering if some other mod that you have installed isn't over-writing some F4SE scripts with old versions.

Try turning all mods off except for AAF and Looksmenu and starting a new game.

7 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

You should use a mod manager to install AAF and other mods.

Yes. I believe that some mods do continue to work with F4SE partially installed.

However, from your screenshots, it looks like it is installed. I am wondering if some other mod that you have installed isn't over-writing some F4SE scripts with old versions.

Try turning all mods off except for AAF and Looksmenu and starting a new game.

Just test with only AAF and Lookmenu, still no go.

7.png

Just curious, what mod manger do you use? I notice something weird when accessing my Mod file directly. My mods and some other files are not in my MO2 folder, not even the same disk. Unlike my Mod Organizer 1 folder, which I still use for skyrim, all the mods and stuff is in there. I did the default installing for MO2, I'm not sure why some are in my SSD C drive while the launcher and stuff are in my game drive. This could just be normal for MO2, but it could also be the problem. Anyway, I got to nap, got q quiz early tomorrow. I'll check back tomorrow when I can.

8.png