Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

17 hours ago, wollboi said:

Alright, rant time. I think I'm done with Deadly Wenches.

1 - Frequent CTDs whenever I fight a boss wench who does an AOE attack or whenever I perform a kill move on one of them.

2 - I don't think half the bandits living in a cave would appear like supermodels. Same deal with guards. Not saying there shouldn't be hot bandits, but to me this is the Bijin = Skyrim Supermodels argument cranked to 11.

3 - Fighting them gets old fast. I like the challenge, but it just becomes repetitive. There are basically three variants: block-everything-all-the-time fighters, summon-wolf-familiar fighters, and wizard ladies that freeze you and run away so you can't hit them if you're not playing a ranged character. Oh, and vampires that do the same but with draining spells.

4 - That poster outside Solitude looks ****ing atrocious.

Honestly, the other wench mod isn't much better. There are already wenches in taverns. And it adds them in bizarre places, like apparently Riverwood Trader has a live-in wench now. The quests are pretty terrible too. I like the idea of rescuing a captive, but you just end up taking them back to town so that they clutter up the inn for the rest of time.

I think maybe it should be listed as Optional at least. Anyone else having any issues? I've checked the posts section on Nexus and some people bring up similar issues to mine, but maybe it's just me.

All the Wenches mods are terribly un-immersive and buggy mods and I have removed them from my install a while ago.

@w0883g0ngz  you really have to follow the instructions in my earlier post that was linked to you on page 272. Everything else isn't going to work.

I'm gonna say this for the fourth time, but if you install custom bodyslide presets, and you have immersive armors installed, or any mods that replace vanilla armors, and aren't using Aylis' premade bodyslide files, you absolutely need to do the steps outlined in my post or all your vanilla female armors in-game will have vanilla meshes instead of modded ones. The reason is because of a bug with the BodySlide program that has never been fixed.

Post in question :  (you need to scroll up a bit for some reason, find the one with 3 edits)

Edited by maltodaxtrin

@MK198914 You need all three. They do accomplish separate things.

Attraction = Mutual attraction between PC/NPC or NPC/NPC. You are more likely to succeed in a proposition using ...

SLEN = Control the difficulty of propositions, the attractiveness of players, etc. Adds random encounters. Adds a sidequest (that I don't really care for). Lots of additional mechanics.

ABMM = Uses Sexlab Aroused and SLEN to make characters engage. (I prefer this one over Random, but I can't remember why.)

You can play with only SLEN, or without any of them. But I think it's a lot more immersive, and adds quite a bit to the game. Adjusting the MCM to your preferences will help a lot, and is pretty important. I once saw Ulfric start doing his "I fight for my people!" speech as he decided to engage in some adult fun times with Galmar Stone-fist. That wasn't expected. Never be able to hear that speech the same again.

3 hours ago, MK198914 said:

Sexlab Attraction

(Optional) Sexlab Eager NPC's SE (SLEN)

Arousal Based MatchMaker OR Random Sex Mod

from the excerpt I would probably use SLEN, but doesn't the other three mods doing the same thing? Or should I install some of them?

Thank you all for your time and insights. Cheers MK

Attraction. how pretty are you? how Pretty is the other person, it also takes into account settings in sexlab for sexuality. You can also set things like Nords will not like sex with Bretons etc. I usually set mine around 65-70. Makes you pretty but not the most beautiful thing this side of the apocalypse, it also takes into account sexlab aroused. So Hod (it changes each playthrough) i  might think of him as "normal" if my arousal is below 30, but if it's 70+ I'm looking at him like a wolf with a pork chop. Or his wife might show in sexlab as herto, but my char is bi, so i may look at her like a freaking goddess and she pays me no mind. All this information is given when you hit N to target them, which gives you a read on how well SLEN will work on them, ABM can also take that out of your hands where you don't do anything. (NPC demands a horizontal dance with PC if your arousal is over a threshold and so is theirs) or if your arousal is 90+ and you get drunk, if there are ANY NPC in range with a high enough arousal, You pull the public sex thing in front of anyone and you may have 3-5 people waiting in line to have a turn at you. I think the only NPC i have ever seen on a consistent basis as lesbian is Lydia.

@wollboior Balgruff reminicing about climbing the thousand steps while his brother (hrongar) double teams you and irilith...

@Aylis https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51084

Thats a DREAM mod that im pretty sure most of us dreamed of, sadly its for Ostim, but if some day you decide to swap Sexlab with Ostim like you said so long ago, i think you really should have this one in a list

SKSE plugin that automatically distributes all installed bodyslide presets to NPCs, lets you select and apply bodyslide presets to yourself or NPCs with one button, edits clothes to fit bodyslide-morphed bodies, and more. Works for males too!

3 hours ago, winterking said:

Seems I'm having a problem with Cathedral 3D Mountain Flowers. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I've looked in the Cathedral discord, subreddit, Nexus comments and can't seems to find anyone that has had the same issue. 

3dflowers.png

Upon further investigation it seems like this has nothing to with Cathedral 3D Mountain Flowers. Checking the DynDOLOD log reveals these two smoking guns:

Skyrim.esm TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65]: Missing textures in "meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif" "textures\plants\pokrzywa zimowa.dds"  

and

TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65] meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <thicket01snow_F59024C8> fallback Full Model

Is there any way to find out which mod this "pokrzywa zimowa.dds" texture is coming from?

17 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Post in question :  (you need to scroll up a bit for some reason, find the one with 3 edits)

++  Maybe this could be included in the install instructions or at least stickied to the first page?  I have to agree w/ @maltodaxtrin, it likely affects almost everyone, even though some may not notice or care.

@akadeadpool Thanks! Yeah, that has been in my load order for a while. Great mod!

Speaking of NPCs, has anyone seen this new mod yet?

EasyNPC

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/52313

"Painlessly mix, merge, and resolve conflicts and compatibility issues for all of your NPC overhauls. "

Its a tool you connect to MO2 that claims to let you install a bunch of NPC overhauls, look at pictures of each NPC, then choose which overhaul to use PER NPC. Then it builds a custom overhaul that you then install. If it works right you can even uninstall (I think) the other NPC overhauls to save ESP slots. I think it is beta level stability at the moment. I don't think it includes images ("previews") of High Poly NPC Overhaul yet, but it has many overhauls already. I have not tried it yet, but am looking at it.

6 hours ago, erapx said:

Hello to all. I am uncomfortable playing with SkyUI. It is too keyboard heavy. Is there a good substitute that is compatible with using the gamepad?

I don't use a keyboard during "normal" stuff. I only use a keyboard for sexlab stuff like a and d for struggling, left and right ALT for deadly drain (not in mod list) and N for sexlab arousal, and use less intrusive hud

5 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

@akadeadpool Thanks! Yeah, that has been in my load order for a while. Great mod!

EasyNPC

"Painlessly mix, merge, and resolve conflicts and compatibility issues for all of your NPC overhauls. "

Its a tool you connect to MO2 that claims to let you install a bunch of NPC overhauls, look at pictures of each NPC, then choose which overhaul to use PER NPC. Then it builds a custom overhaul that you then install. If it works right you can even uninstall (I think) the other NPC overhauls to save ESP slots. I think it is beta level stability at the moment. I don't think it includes images ("previews") of High Poly NPC Overhaul yet, but it has many overhauls already. I have not tried it yet, but am looking at it.

yes, i tried it on the quick test go back about 3-4 pages and you can see what i posted about it. 

4 hours ago, winterking said:

Upon further investigation it seems like this has nothing to with Cathedral 3D Mountain Flowers. Checking the DynDOLOD log reveals these two smoking guns:

Skyrim.esm TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65]: Missing textures in "meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif" "textures\plants\pokrzywa zimowa.dds"  

and

TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65] meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <thicket01snow_F59024C8> fallback Full Model

Is there any way to find out which mod this "pokrzywa zimowa.dds" texture is coming from?

the mod with that dds is Skyrim 2020 parallax at least thats what pops up when i search for pokrzywa zimowa.dds on google

I found it. It's in the Other download (3rd one down)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.302e665107cdc4386a40e401a847371a.png

Edited by jaeos

@jaeos

Oh, now I remember your post, but I had not seen your edit. Thanks!

It is an interesting project. Hopefully they get the bugs out of it and automate more stuff. I think there is a way to streamline the process already. 3 esp slots is a lot, though. But if we could eliminate other mods...? I will revisit it in the future.

@maltodaxtrin (or anyone)

OK, just to clarify on the ongoing Bodyslide/Simply Realistic Armors issue:

I am using a "customized custom" preset. I want to redo the slides in the way you suggest. Here is what I get from your earlier post on May 22. Correct me if I am wrong or can be more clear:

Patch Vanilla outfits with BodySlide into Overwrite
Make a mod out of it
Move it above Simply Realistic Armor, but below CBBE
Activate it

Then patch all other outfits as normal
REINSTALL Simply Realistic Armors (Replace when prompted, same place in the load order)

My questions:

1) When doing the initial "patch Vanilla outfits", when I am in Bodyslide, under Outfit/Body, what names am I looking for? Is it everything that starts with "CBBE Vanilla..."?

2) Once I run those Slides, they will land, not in my Overwrite, but in a mod I created a long time ago called BodySlide Output (there is a ton of stuff in there). What will they be named so that I can move them into their own mod? I am hoping I can just grab some folders.

3) Under last step "Then patch all other outfits as normal", under Outfit/Body do I then select everything EXCEPT the names I chose in question 1?

4) Since I am REDOING this, instead of doing it first time, will the new slide info just safely overwrite the older slides?

Thanks everyone! I will report back when finished.

3 hours ago, trgdolors said:

@maltodaxtrin (or anyone)

OK, just to clarify on the ongoing Bodyslide/Simply Realistic Armors issue:

I am using a "customized custom" preset. I want to redo the slides in the way you suggest. Here is what I get from your earlier post on May 22. Correct me if I am wrong or can be more clear:

Make a mod out of it
Activate it

REINSTALL Simply Realistic Armors (Replace when prompted, same place in the load order)

My questions:

1) When doing the initial "patch Vanilla outfits", when I am in Bodyslide, under Outfit/Body, what names am I looking for? Is it everything that starts with "CBBE Vanilla..."?

2) Once I run those Slides, they will land, not in my Overwrite, but in a mod I created a long time ago called BodySlide Output (there is a ton of stuff in there). What will they be named so that I can move them into their own mod? I am hoping I can just grab some folders.

3) Under last step "Then patch all other outfits as normal", under Outfit/Body do I then select everything EXCEPT the names I chose in question 1?

4) Since I am REDOING this, instead of doing it first time, will the new slide info just safely overwrite the older slides?

Thanks everyone! I will report back when finished.

This is why i don't use realistic armors in any shape or form. I use the guards armor replacer, but my females are rather scantily clad for some of the weather skyrim has.

3 hours ago, trgdolors said:
Spoiler

Make a mod out of it
Activate it

My questions:

Okay, I'll weigh in, but @maltodaxtrin may have diff and better advice.  There are many ways to use BodySlide and much of it depends on what you want to happen.

I agree with your first list except I'd reverse the last two steps and run all addon armors in BS after re-installing SRA.

As to your questions:

1) I would Only check 3BA, maybe 3BBB, and only CBBE Vanilla Outfits either with  or without physics.  Your choice, I use custom groups so ymmv.

2) To run those bodyslide files: Run your custom preset against the CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing body, check Build Morphs, press Control, click Batch Build.  You may get a list of parallel options you'll need to select through.  Do so and click ok/build.  Now, because you held Control, BS will give you the Explorer window where you must decide where you want the files to go.  It will likely start in the Game folder - Do Not Put Them There.  Navigate up over and down into the MO2 folder and locate Overwrite - put them there.  When it's done you can close BS and create a mod by right clicking Overwrite.  Give it a CBBE Vanilla sort of name and move it somewhere above SRA and other replacers and activate it.  Reinstall SRA.  You might want to empty your original BS Output folder at this point if you haven't already

3) Restart BS, Uncheck the CBBE Vanillla group and select all of your other armor addon groups including SRA and run another Batch Build without hitting Ctrl.  If you set things up right before, the output should go to your BS Output folder.  Personally, I then hit the center Build button to make sure I have the femalebody_0/1.nifs.  Also, 3BBB asks you to run yet another batch build, first unchecking All and only checking the five 'CBBE 3BBB Amazing SMP Objects' - again, assuming you are using some version of that body.  You may want to run other single Builds if you are using, for example, an addon schlong with a custom preset or something similar.

4) Finally, after all this, you still aren't done.  Since you've changed so much of the game, you should rerun FNIS and Nemesis per the usual drill and then, finally, redo the Bashed Patch to correct the leveled lists.  Are you sorry you asked yet?  ?  As i said there are variations to some of this, but the general workflow pretty much holds.

All the best..

@trgdolors  The problem with Simply Realistic Armor is that the mod doesn't have bodyslide files to generate new nif files. Until someone make CBBE bodyslide for it, you either use vanilla armor with your body preset or use Simply Realistic Armor with default body. Luckily, Simply Realistic Armor only modify armors so not having bodyslide won't stick out too much.

If you want to use Simply Realistic Armor, I have another way without moving things around if you are using MO2

1. Run vanilla armor bodyslide (you can run bodyslide for everything too but it makes harder to find what you want)

2. Double click "Bodyslide Output" and click tab "Conflict".

3. Look at "Overwrites" column and find cell with "Simply Realistic Armors"

4. Select all rows with "Simply Realistic Armors" and right click -> hide. To be safe, right click on File column.

20 hours ago, trgdolors said:

EasyNPC

I have played around with it, finky as hell to even get working, it pretty much demands that your npc mods are at the end of the load order, and really does not like them being any where else, I tried it by simply only selecting my npc mods and their requirements and nope, error messages every where, in the end I gave up, give it a year or so to mature and sort itself out however and it has potential.

14 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@trgdolors  The problem with Simply Realistic Armor is that the mod doesn't have bodyslide files to generate new nif files. Until someone make CBBE bodyslide for it, you either use vanilla armor with your body preset or use Simply Realistic Armor with default body. Luckily, Simply Realistic Armor only modify armors so not having bodyslide won't stick out too much.

If you want to use Simply Realistic Armor, I have another way without moving things around if you are using MO2

1. Run vanilla armor bodyslide (you can run bodyslide for everything too but it makes harder to find what you want)

2. Double click "Bodyslide Output" and click tab "Conflict".

3. Look at "Overwrites" column and find cell with "Simply Realistic Armors"

4. Select all rows with "Simply Realistic Armors" and right click -> hide. To be safe, right click on File column.

Well that's interesting, I will have to try this on my next install. Would be a lot simpler than my complicated steps. Can you confirm it works, the Immersive Armors show up fine on female characters with a custom bodyslide preset built?

@trgdolors, I think @Temphyx has got you covered :)

On 7/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, Temphyx said:

++  Maybe this could be included in the install instructions or at least stickied to the first page?  I have to agree w/ @maltodaxtrin, it likely affects almost everyone, even though some may not notice or care.

Indeed, @Aylis could it be maybe at least mentioned somewhere that

1, Having a custom bodyslide preset installed (Kurone for example) and

2. not using your Premade Bodyslide files, but instead building vanilla armor sets with the custom bodyslide preset

Will 100% conflict with Immersive armors? Then people can be redirected to a fix but at least people would be made aware that there is a conflict. Or else this issue will just keep on appearing in this thread, it's already the 4th or 5th time if I recall correctly

Thanks!

Edited by maltodaxtrin

To be clear: it's the top window of the Conflicts tab and the Overwritten Mods column, but yes, it works.

Not a fan of IA, poorly made, badly maintained, unresponsive author, but big.  Maybe some of that's changed in the last year and a half, dunno.