Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 7/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Niittäjä said:

Finally managed to get the armours to look like they should, mostly... I still feel like they are using the wrong body and I still cannot see the Simply Realistic Armours in bodyslide, but I'll take my victories where I can. Not gonna lie, I was feeling like curling into fetal position in the corner of my shower and having a little cry. You were right @maltodaxtrin, I did an bodyslide output with the vanilla group and placed it between the cbbe and the armours, I am using the predone slides at the correct position and everything seems to work, so thank you very much.

And it wouldn't be me if I didn't finish my post with a couple questions.

1 - Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the enb numbers and values inside the game just so that I know it is correct.

2 - One of the carpets in Breezehome is on fire, any idea how to fix it? See picture.

Reveal hidden contents

The fire does no damage or other harm other than being a bit of a eyesore.

20210709213826_1.jpg.4d9f563ac67f1ac68907687a1917d60a.jpg

Yeah it's a really, really, REALLY annoying bug with BodySlide. Like I can't believe they didn't think of that (it's never been fixed). They just pull resources from the vanilla files no matter what, that's just bad design.

Anyway, glad you fixed it, and glad my post is still being useful because I, too, banged my head against the wall with this

19 hours ago, lopwss said:

how can I make the 3d pubic hairs work with CBBE 3BA?

Have you read the description of the mod? You have to select it during the creation of the char.

9 hours ago, slaydatkiddo said:

I wonder what causes this effect?

Overwritten/broken file or load order incorrect.

Edited by Aylis

@user037951 I had this happen a loooong time ago. Try starting a new game and seeing if the error happens there too. Also see if it happens with a hard save verses an autosave.

@akadeadpool Shit yes I do! Pretty much the only additions I have to the list revolve around werewolf bullshit:

Spoiler

PC

* Female Beards (Oldrim) if you want to make kind of a Wolfsbane look in human form. Put in PC section.

* Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair - Fur in human form. Put in PC section.

Physics & Animation

* Eating Animations and Sounds - Watch werewolf in human form eat man-flesh. DAR so no FNIS/Nemesis required. Also need to get the patches for it. Put it in with the other DAR mods under Physics & Animation.

* Project New Reign Nemesis PCEA - This is probably overkill. I converted KISS, a mod to make your character sprint and sneak on all fours, and another that turns unarmed combat into slashing with claws. You can use Feral or one of the other mods for this, but I like this better, especially because it only effects the main character, and I like the animation better. But, yeah, it's overkill. Requires you to use a tool to convert an Oldrim animation mod to SE, which is not as hard as it sounds. If you decide to do it, look in the Posts section on the KISS mod for Oldrim. Instructions there will walk you through it.

Armor

* HN66 Nails for CBBE Hands - If you want claws in human form. Just throw it in anywhere under Armor.

* Equippable Toe Nails - If you want pointed toenails in human form. Also anywhere in Armor. This was taken down from Nexus, even before the recent issues. If you're interested, I'll send it to you.

Override

* Moonlight Tales (already in the list)

* More Werewolves - Just adds werewolf encounters where they would make sense. No problem with the list. Put towards the bottom of the Override section, but before Armor Rating Redux.

* iNeed Extended - Eat raw meat in human form. Requires micromanagement, so not for everybody. If you do, put it in the same place in the load order, but remember to switch the plugins' default order so that iNeed.esp is on top of iNeed Extended.esp. Otherwise it will CTD literally every time you look in a container that has food stored in it.

NPC

* Fangs and Eyes A Vampire Appearance Mod - This may not be necessary, but it was how I first figured out how to make a non-vampire character have sharp vampire teeth. Basically make a save, give yourself the vampire curse via the console, wait 3 days and some hours to change, then make an export of your character's face in RaceMenu. Reload your old save and import the face, but only importing the mouth part. You'll have pointy fangs in human form without having the other vampires facial traits. Overkill maybe, but man is it cool.

Sound

* I put together a pretty good (I think) custom voice setup for a werewolf female for use with PC Head Tracking and Voice Type. I shamelessly ripped some files from other mods and put them with open source wolf and dog noises so that attacking causes growls, getting hit causes whines, etc. Howling when you level up is also pretty awesome. I can send those over if you'd like.

Sexlab

* Aroused Creatures Tweaks - Adds an option to the Aroused Creatures MCM to allow for werewolves banging werewolves. This is what the Founding Fathers envisioned for this country. Note that this is a pain in the ass to configure, but can be done. Also works for wolf-on-werewolf action.

* Horny Creatures of Skyrim - Werewolf-on-werewolf animations.

* Other added werewolf animations: I use Billy's, Babo Creature, Horny Creatures, Anub C, SLAL Nibbles, Funny Bizness, Bijou SE, K4 anims, Lord Creature, Psyche Animations, and SLAL Creature Animations by Sailing Rebel. If you use all of these you'll need to upgraded to FNIS XL, which works fine with the list. You have to make one tweak to get it to work, but if you open FNIS XL as normal one of its messages will tell you exactly what to do.

* Monster Facial Animation - Not adult-oriented, but needed for the below mod. Even if you have no interest in the below mod, this is great. Mouth moves when talking, eyes blink and look around, mouth kind of smacks just while standing idle.

* HDT Werewolves Overhaul (not HDT Werewolves) - HIghly recommended. I love the look of the werewolves. Adds several ... anatomical bonus features that may only appeal to the highly enlightened among us. Both male and female werewolves look a lot better with this. Note that if you use this, you have to disable the custom werewolf appearances in BOTH Moonlight Tales AND Creature Framework (page 8).

Probably others I can't remember. If you want playstyle tips, I have those to offer too.

@lopwss I just pick mine through SOS.

Quieter Dungeons and Caves https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1320 sounds like it could be a good idea.    "Removes the loud useless ambient background noises in caves and dungeons. Removes all the banging and white noise which makes it much easier to hear the sounds that are really in the dungeon such as footsteps, creatures breathing and growling, water dripping, distant conversations, etc."

Says its "compatible with other sounds mods" but to load it after, so I guess it would overwrite sound mods that deal with ambient dungeon sound.  It doesn't say anything about compatibility with other mods.

Edit - Unfortunately it seems it edits some external ambient sound as well.  Maybe its too heavy handed.

Another possibility just makes the dungeon ambient nose less prominent.  - Quieter Interiors - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44890

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Have you read the description of the mod? You have to select it during the creation of the char.

Overwritten/broken file or load order incorrect.

they dont show on the character after selecting then from the raccemenu in the additional hairs slider, do I need to do something with bodyslide?

9 minutes ago, Niittäjä said:

Hey where should I drop Bijin Skin - CBBE Improved Labia files in the list? Just noticed I had not gotten that in the list. Also how safe is adjusting dyndolod or texture mods with an active save?

I change texture mods all the time, I think that's only a bit dangerous when changing NPC/PC skins.

Second time I've followed this guide and need a bit of help again...

What could be causing THIS to happen? 

Hard to make out so I'll do my best to explain. In the top left quarter of the game, its like a bit of the game has decided that it only wants to play in that part of the window. While the rest of the screen is doing the interstallar book case scene effect. 

I had it working fine before. Just was trying to gain some more FPS, so I fiddled around with ENB, and a few .ini settings and now suddenly that started to happen. I tried on a fresh save and the same thing happened. 

So any clue about what happened and how ot fix it? 

If not I'll just have to install it all again. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, lopwss said:

they dont show on the character after selecting then from the raccemenu in the additional hairs slider, do I need to do something with bodyslide?

Check SoS. Maybe that somehow interferes with the settings for the char.

14 hours ago, Niittäjä said:

Hey where should I drop Bijin Skin - CBBE Improved Labia files in the list? Just noticed I had not gotten that in the list. Also how safe is adjusting dyndolod or texture mods with an active save?

Just below 'Bijin Skin'.

No problems i know of as long as you don't mess with meshes. Those are the ones that usually cause problems.. 

13 hours ago, Mauserl said:

I change texture mods all the time, I think that's only a bit dangerous when changing NPC/PC skins.

The meshes are the problem, not the textures. Changing meshes can cause holes, 'floating' heads and other issues. Sadly not all texture packs make it clear that they contain modified meshes too.

2 hours ago, Wallet said:

So any clue about what happened and how ot fix it? 

Reinstalling the ENB and redoing the ini files should fix it. Although i'm not quite sure what you mean...

There can be hard borders when textures arn't blended completely. Especially hi-res textures make those very visible (the standard ones just blur everything together).

36 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Reinstalling the ENB and redoing the ini files should fix it. Although i'm not quite sure what you mean...

There can be hard borders when textures arn't blended completely. Especially hi-res textures make those very visible (the standard ones just blur everything together).

Reinstalling and resetting ini files fixed it. Probably should have done that before... Thank you.

Now I just need to figure out how to make it a bit more brighter... At night time its basically pitch black. 

I'm in the middle of lake ilinalta around 8pm on that little island and its So dark ;_; Idk if that's normal or I've messed something up along the way. 

Edited by Wallet
9 hours ago, Aylis said:

The meshes are the problem, not the textures. Changing meshes can cause holes, 'floating' heads and other issues. Sadly not all texture packs make it clear that they contain modified meshes too.

Sadly some mod authors outright get angry at you if you dare to remind them their "this is just a texture pack so should be compatible with everything" description is out of date once they started including mesh replacers.

12 hours ago, Wallet said:

Reinstalling and resetting ini files fixed it. Probably should have done that before... Thank you.

Now I just need to figure out how to make it a bit more brighter... At night time its basically pitch black. 

I'm in the middle of lake ilinalta around 8pm on that little island and its So dark ;_; Idk if that's normal or I've messed something up along the way. 

Just for reference, This is how dark it is at the start. Is that normal?