View File

Welcome to Reginald's PreFab ShackFest!

A completely script free way to quickly build an entire city or settlement in minutes!

No DLC required, No scripting (no Script Extender Required), works with ALL versions of Fallout 4!

This mod works well with all known existing mods, including Sim Settlements.

image.png.06644c81ca581d4fd06fd487036e9884.png

70 Shack Prefabs that work well on both flat and sloped areas!

This mod offers a whole new menu in the workshop menu offering 4 new categories.

It is meant as a very, extremely, light alternative to the awesome Sim Settlements mod.

(These numbers below have been updated to reflect v1.0.3)

• 70 Buildable Prefabs:
  • 13 Wooden Living Shacks
  • 17 Metal Living Shacks
  • 6 Outdoor Vendor Shacks
  • 7 Indoor Vendor Shacks
  • 8 Crafting stations
  • 2 Scavenger Stations
  • 4 Sim Settlements Compatible Shacks designed for Interior Plots
    (NOTE: SIM SETTLEMENTS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS MOD)

• 2 Dog House Shacks (Furniture items)
  • 6 Beds
  • 1 Wooden Generic Platform for Brahmin Feed Troughs or Garden Plots
  • 1 Craftable Security Marker (6 Defense) to be placed on the balcony of a SecuriShack
  • Door snap points so players can snap doors
  • All shacks are fully navmeshed by hand to make sure they are absolutely easy to navigate for settlers
  • (This mod does not compensate for existing game bugs though!)
  • Lore Friendly
  • Balanced Building Recipes
  • CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS FOR ALL SHACKS.

Simply drag and drop the 7zip file into your Mod Manager and activate the mod.

Or alternatively unzip the mod into your Fallout 4 directory and enable the mod manually.

This mod was made with love, dedication and care over the course of 5 intense days of modding that caused me a migraine and some late nights.

I loved making it though and primarily targeted myself as audience, the main goal being; I didn't want to use a large mod like Sim Settlements which seemed over kill for game performance and I didn't want to spend a long time building settlements either, but I do want to have nice looking settlements. So I ended up with prefabs and it works pretty well for me.

Special thanks to @Flashy (JoeR) for kicking me off on this adventure with his help on creating statics/furniture.

If you enjoy this mod, or if you find anything interesting to share, don't hesitate to leave a comment.

I am particularly interested in screenshots of your settlements!

image.png.1361f49d44379d8c1101460b4f265c71.png

Enjoy this mod!

View File

2 hours ago, RogueMage said:

I just started a playthrough without SimSettlements yesterday. The right time to try this one out - I guess. Thx.

1 hour ago, DRKronk said:

I have been testing this mod in my game since Reginald001 put  out the alpha.  Nice, very stable, simple. It works exactly as advertised for me..

Shameless Plug for this Mod:  GET IT. BUILD. WAVE GOODBYE TO GARVEY!?

Thanks so much! And enjoy!

I've also released it on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37623/

I can immediately see this will become a non-optional mod for any future playthrough. I have way too much stuff going on in my scripts and load order to accommodate SimSettlements, too. Thank you very much for making and releasing this. Just wondering, do you plan on developing it further? I am about to try it, but already the thought popped into my head that it has even more potential in reducing settlement work without scripts:

Can there be versions that include planters, beds and (for larger ones) a water pump? Snap points to add stuff and attach walls/fences would just be the cherry on top.

1 minute ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

I can immediately see this will become a non-optional mod for any future playthrough. Thank you very much for making and releasing this. Just wondering, do you plan on developing it further? I am about to try it, but already the thought popped into my head that it has even more potential in reducing settlement work without scripts:

Can there be versions that include planters, beds and (for larger ones) a water pump? Snap points to add stuff and attach walls/fences would just be the cherry on top.

Yes I'm definitely thinking of expanding on this. Most shacks with balconies have place for a ground plot that you can plant food on, already. And you can furnish the shacks as you see fit. I want to add more shacks, some snappable smaller (half size) shacks that are basically just a bed for a settler to sleep in, that you can snap together to form larger structures. And basically just a ton more 'special' shacks, made from scrap like boats, cars, etc..etc..

I was already thinking of adding some fencing that snaps to the shacks, so you can plant a shack, add a fence, snap another shack to it, etc..etc.. but then the snap points would have to be added on several heights so you can change in height as you cross the landscape.

But basically and realistically what will most likely be added is more shacks. :)

3 minutes ago, Fiona159 said:

You work quickly)

Thanks. Usually before I start a mod, I take some time (days/weeks) to prepare a workflow that's quick and efficient. I then plan out the mod in a notepad file, with a finite end goal. Then I just apply the method. In this case it took me about 45 minutes to an hour to create a prefab, regardless of its size or complexity. This way I could usually churn out 7 new shacks every day. The last day was just tweaking and fixing. :)

I will be continuing this mod with the following features:

- Add snap points to Shack models for Sim Settlements Interior plots.

- Add 5 shacks tailored to place Interior Sim Settlements Interior plots.

- Add more 'special' shacks, created from thrown-together things.

- Add 'bed' shacks, single bed shacks that work as furniture that you can assign settlers to.

- Add 'water' prefabs that produce water and need a settler assigned.

- Add 'electric' prefabs that produce electricity.

- Move prefabs into a whole new category so as to not interfere with some workshop category mods.

I've created the first Sim Settlements compatible plot, they will all be called 'PlotShack' and I think I'll make around 5 of them.

Ok, SS Interior plots now snap in several places within the Shack. I have the workflow down and will start churning on some 'Interior plot' shacks.

image.png.7f08e909f3b4722c6cc38ee88618c34a.png

image.png.294449647a19cf83fb2c9de91d470f9a.png

Added a second Sim Settlements compatible Shack. Also called 'PlotShack'.

Also restructured the menu in the workshop so the mod now has it's own main menu icon, that should prove to be more compatible with other mods that reorganize assets and icons in the workshop menu:

image.png.5f5ac9bf5b1d033c7001800ce620da83.png

image.png.34109610b7d052f581d6c1fcc46968c1.png

A side effect of these added snap points is that you can now add floors/foundations on the outside of the prefabs, extending them if you want, or making them part of your structure. Here I've added some balcony floors to the outside of the Maxi-Shack. You can't see it, but inside there's a Sim Settlements Interior Plot snapped tightly in place. :)

image.png.b8ac7420d4e99a2071a870f2cd29a503.png

The redesigned main menu:

image.png.6620a9580da927054542125aaa1dd384.png

image.png.dcb287aa9110f9b954976984b68c8d15.png

image.png.5919e25ca2e034ae093ec82a7cd42248.png

image.png.f7f1cba09bc0dbef9c8eecfe38aa97a8.png

36 minutes ago, urbanoantigo said:

Yes, more great work of Reginald, ???

Tanks ??

You're welcome! A new version is coming in a couple of hours / tomorrow at the latest! :)

Just finished the third Sim Settlements Interior Plot Compatible Shack. (Note SS is NOT needed to use this shack! It's only 'compatible' in that it's large enough inside to have an interior plot and there are snap points for interior plots).

image.png.5f0cff88a7555960b87ec060c4506caa.png

image.png.ee9b9eab6f9dcc3390ae8b6a0367f6b7.png

And added a 'Fenced Foundation'. A basic foundation, but fenced.

image.png.0dc4b0d9253a2ebdb8539d41593db3df.png

Version 1.0.2 just uploaded!

What's New in Version 1.0.2

- Changed the entire menu structure, all prefabs can now be found in their own root menu (scroll all the way right in the main workshop menu).

- Added FoMod XML to mod.

- Added 3 completely new shacks that are compatible with Sim Settlements Interior Plots. IP's snap correctly!

- Made the MaxiShack compatible with Sim Settlements added snaps for IP's.

- Added the Fenced Foundation that places and snaps like ordinary foundation blocks. You can use this to make your own constructions look like the shacks from the mod.

- Tweaked some things here and there with naming, etc..

And continuing development. Just made 'The IntelliShack'.

A small lightweight shack, that snaps to itself, so that you can place many next to each other.

Fits nearly anywhere!

image.png.473a90970b1d0a6b14c643bd65cbaff1.png

image.png.22891d1ad12203264e910cc560adf4e2.png
image.png.2a1fb1623f833c49e2f50f9fbcda25c9.png
image.png.e23a0099d7e6bb718a76df277701251b.png

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Version 1.0.2 just uploaded!

Nice! If you're looking for ideas, one thing I usually miss is some "village center" stuff, like a large, fenced community (farm) plot or three. Sim Settlements had some, but even they feel tiny, and of course they have their own crops etc. They weren't securely fenced either, so some options there would be nice.

On that note, a simple, large outdoor-but-rooved patio style area or two would be nice for relaxation type purposes too. Scavenger's Bar and Grill! Or maybe the Wasteland Musical Stage.

Overall, I think larger structures with less detail are something that's fitting for this sort of project. More of a scaffolding to fill out as people use it to facilitate their own thing... plus, ease-of-use stuff, like maybe some extra-long snappable junk fencing with dirt/cinderblock foundation to cover gaps. On the note of ease, snapping is important. I'm really pleased to see snap points are going in. :) I'm also thrilled to see proper pre-attached foundations, that makes things look so much nicer. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Nice! If you're looking for ideas, one thing I usually miss is some "village center" stuff, like a large, fenced community (farm) plot or three. Sim Settlements had some, but even they feel tiny, and of course they have their own crops etc. They weren't securely fenced either, so some options there would be nice.

On that note, a simple, large outdoor-but-rooved patio style area or two would be nice for relaxation type purposes too. Scavenger's Bar and Grill! Or maybe the Wasteland Musical Stage.

Overall, I think larger structures with less detail are something that's fitting for this sort of project. More of a scaffolding to fill out as people use it to facilitate their own thing... plus, ease-of-use stuff, like maybe some extra-long snappable junk fencing with dirt/cinderblock foundation to cover gaps. On the note of ease, snapping is important. I'm really pleased to see snap points are going in. :) I'm also thrilled to see proper pre-attached foundations, that makes things look so much nicer. Thanks again!

Great ideas I'll take a look!

I had the stupidest idea last night, one that I was angry at myself for having this late.  I could have made those sun-roofs snappable on all the shacks, so you could mix and match them. Now, to have to go back into all of them to change this up.. woahh.. but I'll take a look anyway, to see if I can't add that quickly in a sneaky way.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

I could have made to sun-roofs snappable on all the shacks, so you can mix/match them.

Oooh, that sounds neat. Hmm... what about shacks that are split in half so you could match front and backs? You could have mid pieces too, open or with more rooms. This sort of project seems like it would be hard to choose what to do, lol, so many possibilities.

2 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Oooh, that sounds neat. Hmm... what about shacks that are split in half so you could match front and backs? You could have mid pieces too, open or with more rooms. This sort of project seems like it would be hard to choose what to do, lol, so many possibilities.

That's indeed a major challenge for me. This could be a never ending project.

Though I have decided to stay as close to the core of the original idea:

Create full shack prefabs, so you don't need to spend time building 'buildings' but instead can get right to decorating.

Otherwise I won't have time to finish up those other projects: Companion Ivy and the Extended Lore Project. :)

(edit) Ran into two nasty navmesh issues that crash my CK when trying to fix them. Managed to fix them by manually finding the broken vertex and removing it! :))

Added a resource category and just finished the first 'resource' object: 'The ScavShack'

This is a basic resource object, like the normal scavenging station, but it produces (a tiny bit more) material than regular ones.

Place it anywhere and assign one of your settlers to it...

Wait..

Profit!

image.png.119eef291ac7d59fe767712a87248afa.png

And then I made another shack for the misc. category, aptly named 'HalfShack!'.

You can place a sleeping bag in it (or a small bed), or something else, like a scavenging station, gambling terminals (from the vault DLC), etc..etc..

image.png.f93251bb73391bc58e3236d488b74daa.png

image.png.993d8a3ca57949d317b78534b5aadd9b.png

Decided to start a new game rather than slug my way through removing mod addition #210 after it borked out on me. Using shacks to make my bases this time around. Here's Sanctuary, just got the basic layout up, fully walled in, still needs a good bit of clutter and amenities - and settlers. Those are all slaves soon for sale to fund my impending supply shipment needs...

I'm hoping the shacks will work well as impromptu outer walls, sometimes the navigation doesn't seem to like that. I do believe the balconies will work out very nicely as improvised guard stations, especially to watch the gate, positioned as they are.

The 3 empty foundations will serve as work areas for massive scavenging as I use chems and buffs to overload the pop there, Abernathy Farm and the rest will mainly supply food, the more useful crops being planted closer etc. Red Rocket will be the slave depot as they gain submission as well as provisioner hub to centralize things while keeping the traffic away. The approach may get walled in with built-up defenses to make it a kill zone, in which case I may intentionally under-defend in order to encourage fresh meat raids.

The Approach

u7w.jpg

The Gateway

u7t.jpg

Left Flank

u77.jpg

Right Flank

u78.jpg

Central Court

u71.jpg

Scenic Master Bedroom View

u7n.jpg