Defeat Skill Loss

View File

Summary:

Rape now gives you brain damage!  Whenever you are raped you will lose a few levels of random skills.

Supported mods:

SexLab - When you are the victim in an animation

SexLab Separate Orgasm - When you orgasm as the victim in an animation

SexLab Defeat - On post-assault blackout

Prison Overhaul Patched - At set intervals while you are imprisoned

Requirements:

SkyUI / MCM

SexLab

Details:

This is what happens when skill loss is triggered:

1. A skill to lose is selected using a weighted random selection.  The selection weight is the skill level minus the minimum level defined in the MCM config.  Skills at or below that level have a weight of zero, and will never be selected.
  2. You lose one level of that skill.  Your experience for that skill will remain at the same proportion needed for level up.  E.g. if you had level 20 in a skill with 500/1000 XP, after losing that skill you will have level 19 with 450/900 XP.
  3. You lose level experience equal to the amount you gained for getting the skill to that level.  If this causes your level experience to drop below 0, you also lose a level and your maximum health, maximum magicka or maximum stamina and carry weight will be decreased by the amount you would gain from a level up bonus (random weighted selection, similar to skill selection, with a minimum value of 100).
  4. If you have any unused perk points when you will lose a level, you will lose a perk point. If you do not have any unused perk points when you level up, the next time you level up, you will not gain a perk point.
  5. Repeat from step 1. for the number of skills configured in the MCM menu.

You will never drop below level 1 from this.  If losing a skill would cause you to drop below level 1, you will not lose that skill.  You can also disable level loss in the config menu.

Conflicts:

Any mod that changes how experience, level ups, or attributes are calculated will likely be inconsistent with this mod, especially if you lose a level.  This mod assumes mostly vanilla behaviour, but it does respect game settings, such as fXPPerSkillRank and iAVDhmsLevelUp.

License:

GPL 3.0

Goubo for SexLab Defeat

Princessity for Devious Captures, and Inte for Prison Overhaul Patched - I referenced your code to figure out how to hook into Defeat and mess with skill levels

Other notes:

This is my first real mod, and it probably contains bugs and noob mistakes.  Please let me know if notice any errors.

I'm looking for other mods to integrate this with.  First on my list is Prison Overhaul Patched.  Any other suggestions?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/19/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Thanks for sharing this mod.  Mods with consequences make the game more interesting.

I suggest adding a toggle for losing a level.  Not only might this muck with other mods (more so than skill loss), this mod has to guess which pool to penalize.  It's an edge case anyway, so it seems simpler to allow players to turn that off. 

Suggeste mods to support:
1: Sexlab Adventures -- Rape/sex can happen a ton from this mod, at a rate that is highly configurable by the user, even whether or not it IS rape or consensual sex.
2: Sexlab Pheromones -- plenty of creature or NPC-on-player rape here, also a good idea.

Those two are my favorite sex-triggers of late.

Sexlab Disparity also does sex-consequences, and might be good to look at.

Edit: It would also be nice if it didn't HAVE to be the "blackout" version that did it. Trauma (no event), robbed, etc, could do it, or it could be done for every rapist that rapes you, etc. Just suggestions.
(Getting the blackout scenario where you're dumped to an inn can break some quests, so I typically keep it 'off'. Like the Thieves Guild one where you have to swim out of the cave before you drown, etc.)

Edit 2: Left For Dead also works, which is good. It at least leaves you closer by, which I like.

19 hours ago, jlttsmiley said:

Just to be safe what version of defeat or you using the original post download in the download section or one of the undated version in the support tread.

I'm using version 5.3.5 from the download page.  I didn't realise there was a version in the support thread.  It should still work if they didn't change too much.  I'll have a look at it and see.

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thanks for sharing this mod.  Mods with consequences make the game more interesting.

I suggest adding a toggle for losing a level.  Not only might this muck with other mods (more so than skill loss), this mod has to guess which pool to penalize.  It's an edge case anyway, so it seems simpler to allow players to turn that off. 

The reason I added de-levelling is that the game balance is based around the player level, so if you lost skills but not levels, things would gradually get harder (which might be what some people want).  I might look into adding an option so that it will block skill loss if it would cause you to lose a level, the same way it currently does for level 1.

13 hours ago, Yuni said:

Suggeste mods to support:
1: Sexlab Adventures -- Rape/sex can happen a ton from this mod, at a rate that is highly configurable by the user, even whether or not it IS rape or consensual sex.
2: Sexlab Pheromones -- plenty of creature or NPC-on-player rape here, also a good idea.

Those two are my favorite sex-triggers of late.

Sexlab Disparity also does sex-consequences, and might be good to look at.

Edit: It would also be nice if it didn't HAVE to be the "blackout" version that did it. Trauma (no event), robbed, etc, could do it, or it could be done for every rapist that rapes you, etc. Just suggestions.
(Getting the blackout scenario where you're dumped to an inn can break some quests, so I typically keep it 'off'. Like the Thieves Guild one where you have to swim out of the cave before you drown, etc.)

Edit 2: Left For Dead also works, which is good. It at least leaves you closer by, which I like.

The 'Blackout' event should occur for all three of the (Misc) defeat events - Left For Dead, Defeated (wake up in tavern) and Simple Slavery.  I should probably make that more clear, rather than assuming everyone's familiar with Defeat's source code!

@Everyone

Thanks for the integration suggestions, I'll start having a look.  What do people think of adding an option to trigger whenever the player is a victim in a SexLab animation?  It would be a quick way to support lots of rape events from different mods, but I'm concerned it might fire too often.

4 hours ago, hilaribad said:

@Everyone

Thanks for the integration suggestions, I'll start having a look.  What do people think of adding an option to trigger whenever the player is a victim in a SexLab animation?  It would be a quick way to support lots of rape events from different mods, but I'm concerned it might fire too often.

That's the idea~ I like that because the player can pick and choose other mods that set as victim, and because you set it as an option, the ability to still be compatible with some of the mods that are, shall we say heavy handed with victimhood. Overall my experience with this has been pretty good.

Nothing says "Fucked silly" like literally forgetting stuff from excessive humping, eh? Either way, as long as the ability to have victimhood be the trigger is an *option* and not mandatory, it should work well.

But advice to others, if you do this, set the number of skill losses you get to LOW. 1-3 at most, I'd say. Given the player can expect one or more skill-ups almost every fight, it should work out fairly well.

Don't fret TOO much about skill-sapping people, the fact that you don't lose perks AND get to level down, means you're technically getting stronger. They're micro-legendary bumps, given that going back to rank 0 is how "going legendary" works in the vanilla expansions.

14 hours ago, hilaribad said:

What do people think of adding an option to trigger whenever the player is a victim in a SexLab animation?  It would be a quick way to support lots of rape events from different mods, but I'm concerned it might fire too often.

Maybe a cooldown would be needed? If player gets banged by 4 npcs one after other, it would only count as 1 "brain damage" event. Perhaps 3h of ingame time minimum between these events.

19 hours ago, hilaribad said:

The reason I added de-levelling is that the game balance is based around the player level, so if you lost skills but not levels, things would gradually get harder (which might be what some people want).  I might look into adding an option so that it will block skill loss if it would cause you to lose a level, the same way it currently does for level 1.

I suppose it depends on how often a player is typically defeated.  For me it's not that often, and losing a few skill points without deleveling won't break my game.  But if deleveling happens to break another skill-related mod that I'm using, that would break things.   So I was just suggesting an option to turn off losing a level.  Those who want it could use it, everyone else could ignore it.  But considering this:

14 hours ago, Yuni said:

Don't fret TOO much about skill-sapping people, the fact that you don't lose perks AND get to level down, means you're technically getting stronger. They're micro-legendary bumps, given that going back to rank 0 is how "going legendary" works in the vanilla expansions.

Losing a level and getting a free perk when you level back up can also unbalance a game, just another reason why a player might like the idea of this mod but not want deleveling.  Not trying to tell you how to make your mod, just saying that choice is good. 

• 2 weeks later...

love this mod! great work!

Been waiting for something like this!

If you could make one that hooks into victim Sexlab event that would be awesome!

-Option to turn off cool down if you decide to include it (like the thought of get gang bagged back to the stone age, simulate mind break)

-Option to keep levels

plz! ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Well i hope you can take a look at my long lastet wish. That is in Defeat Robbery an Option instead of getting robbed of Gold above a number in mcm, getting robbed a number in mcm 10-100 x Level . And that Gold is GONE,  not in the pocket of a Bandit you kill later and get all back.

To me, Defeat should be an Anti - Prostitution . Thanks.

17 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Well i hope you can take a look at my long lastet wish. That is in Defeat Robbery an Option instead of getting robbed of Gold above a number in mcm, getting robbed a number in mcm 10-100 x Level . And that Gold is GONE,  not in the pocket of a Bandit you kill later and get all back.

To me, Defeat should be an Anti - Prostitution . Thanks. 

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not planning on adding any penalties other than skill/level loss to this mod.  I tend to use SL Survival and various tax mods to stop getting too much gold.

If you've done any sort of programming or scripting before, it should be pretty straightforward to implement, though. It's just a matter of calling RegisterForModEvent for the robbery event and removing the gold in the handler.  Feel free to use this mod as a base.

i have no clue about programming. i can use the CK for some very easy customizations, but not to go into a mod like defeat.  but you do, and you Sound as if that would take less than an hour for you to do, so please just do it , a favor for all who lwill use it.

Your idea of loosing skill Level is too hard in my eyes.  especially because usually you dont loose a fight and defeat will hardly come ever in Action. Without the anti- prostituion, loosing Gold for sex, i wont take defeat into my game anymore.

With the various "friendly rape" / "rough sex" mods out there, it could be useful to have a second Number Of Skills Lost setting mainly for sex in connection with the SexLab "On Victim" setting being on. 

For example, there might be times when a follower or "friendly" NPC (relationship rank above 0) decides to take advantage of the PC with forced or rough sex that SexLab treats as being a victim.  That's probably far less intense than being fucked senseless by a bandit, and arguably should result in less or no skill loss.   But turning off the "On Victim" condition would exclude too many valid scenarios (and wouldn't allow for a reduced but non-zero numbers of skills lost in these situations).  A Number Of Skills Lost On Rape By Friend setting (that could be as low as zero) with a simple relationship rank check would cover a wide range of situations.  Just an idea. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2019 at 2:01 AM, magnusx said:

Is this incompatible with skytweaks?

I haven't tested it, but it should be mostly compatible.  The only hard-coded assumptions this mod makes are that your starting Health/Magicka/Stamina are all 100, and that you gain 1 perk per level.  It doesn't look like you can set SkyTweak to give you more perks per level.  If you set your H/M/S to be less than 100, then this mod will refuse to refund attribute increases for those attributes.  If you adjust your starting attributes unevenly, it will be more likely to refund level up bonuses for the higher valued attributes.

This mod also assumes that the attribute and carry weight per level bonus is constant throughout the game.  If you change these values after gaining a few levels, it will refund based on the new value, not the value it was when you gained the level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, visagezero said:

Is it possible to add a spell that triggers the debug effect for testing?

What's wrong with the button in the MCM menu?  I'm sure it's possible to add a spell that does the same thing, but I don't know how and there are other things I'd rather spend the time on.

This looks very interesting. I've often wondered why it is after getting free from a long enslavement, I can still long range kill with my bow like I've been practicing every day.

I know it doesn't lock into any slavery mods, but it does work with defeat, which nine times out of ten ends either at auction or SD+ in my set-up.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:30 AM, shiagwen said:

especially because usually you dont loose a fight and defeat will hardly come ever in Action. Without the anti- prostituion, loosing Gold for sex, i wont take defeat into my game anymore.

Try adding a few mods that add enemies and improve their AI, keep health low, and Defeat will kick in quite often unless you run away.