FNIS error at animations lower than 10k.

It's basically what is in the title, FNIS started giving "too many animations" error messages when my number of animations is around 9k, i know this because when i remove my lowest animations pack it shows i have around 8900. I read somewhere that the XXL version also allows more animation packs, but i'm scared of constant crashes and it would require me re-doing the process of skyfem patching, which takes a long time and is somewhat convoluted when removing things.

You're at the anim limit.

Switch to XXL or reduce the anim count.  Not sure what else you expected, you already know the problem and the solution.

If it helps, I've been using XXL for a bit over a year now and haven't experienced any more crashes than usual.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, howlerleech said:

It's basically what is in the title, FNIS started giving "too many animations" error messages when my number of animations is around 9k, i know this because when i remove my lowest animations pack it shows i have around 8900. I read somewhere that the XXL version also allows more animation packs, but i'm scared of constant crashes and it would require me re-doing the process of skyfem patching, which takes a long time and is somewhat convoluted when removing things.

Try posting your load order and the actual FNIS output (starting with the skeleton and ending with the error message or wherever else it ends). The latter is a simple copy and paste. I find in hard to believe that you are getting an FNIS too many animations error with so few animations.

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, howlerleech said:

Actually, i downgraded ZAZ 8+ to 7, now the errors stopped, i can even put more animations in.

While the total number of animations are decreased by going from ZAP8+ to ZAP7 (I even mentioned this as a way around the animation limit in my blog) you still haven't discovered the real issue I'm afraid. Let me know when you're ready to post the information I requested. If you don't know how to do it simply say so and I will give you instructions (no judgement on my part I assure you).

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

On what exactly do you base this statement?

From my own experience with FNIS and from the OP's own statement:

"It's basically what is in the title, FNIS started giving "too many animations" error messages when my number of animations is around 9k, i know this because when i remove my lowest animations pack it shows i have around 8900"

There are, probably, thousands of people who have many more animations than the figures here. Myself and Psalam are two examples so you are outnumbered two-to-one right there. And we are stil waiting for this FNIS error message about 'too many animations'.  According to Fore FNIS is capable of 20,000 animations per race.

There must be something wrong with your set up if you cannot run more animations than this.

3 hours ago, Kaarinah said:

That's the optional FNIS XXL, the standard FNIS can handle 10.000, so getting that message is very much possible if you don't have XXL.

Where did you get that information?

Search Fore's comments and you will find him saying that the theoretical max number is 20,000 per race. It has nothing to do with XXL which he does not recommend. 10-12,000 animations is quite possible with regular FNIS.

You are another who thinks that just because you can't do it then it is not possible.

And I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to post this FNIS message saying too many animations.

The only caveat I would put on my comments is that I'm talking about LE. Perhaps things are different for the new and improved SE?

Here's mine from LE using XXL

8412 animations for 32 mods successfully included (character).
 3875 animations for 11 mods and 39 creatures successfully included

You are aware that XXL was made for those people that install more animations than regular FNIS can handle? Do a search about FNIS too many errors message and see for yourself. I had it until I installed XXL which has  a higher limit.

If the OP didn't have XXL installed, then yes, he could have that message. You have XXL, of course you can have 20.000 animations, at least when it concerns FNIS, that's the whole point of XXL. How many you can actually have installed before your game stops working is another question.

With 8.900 animations after removing one pack, it's quite possible it was just over 10k before. Even small animation packs easily get up to 1100.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Kaarinah said:

You are aware that XXL was made for those people that install more animations than regular FNIS can handle? Do a search about FNIS too many errors message and see for yourself. I had it until I installed XXL which has  a higher limit.

If the OP didn't have XXL installed, then yes, he could have that message. You have XXL, of course you can have 20.000 animations, at least when it concerns FNIS, that's the whole point of XXL. How many you can actually have installed before your game stops working is another question.

I am sorry that I had to wait until I got home to post this. This is a link to a thread here on LL that includes discussion by Fore (of FNIS fame). If you get down to his remarks you will see that what Grey Cloud and I have been saying is simply parroting what Fore himself has said.

I don't post this as an "I told you so." I am genuinely curious to get the OP to post his FNIS output in order to discover the problem to try to prevent it in the future.

That too is about FNIS XXL. I never said you'd get that message with XXL, nor did the OP. He uses regular FNIS because he's worried XXL will make his game unstable. There were loads of people with that message before Fores uploaded XXL.

And as I edited my last post, before your reply, he could easily have been over 10k before removing the smallest pack, with regular FNIS that's over the limit. Downgrading ZAZ likely meant less animations in that, giving room for more from other mods.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, Kaarinah said:

With 8.900 animations after removing one pack, it's quite possible it was just over 10k before. Even small animation packs easily get up to 1100.

Fore is saying that it is 20,000 per race. What part about 'per race' do you not understand? I am still waiting for someone to post a message from FNIS saying 'too many' animations.

9 hours ago, Tiress said:

Kaarinah is correct. There IS a limit of 10k in standard version of FNIS and 20k limit in FNIS XXL. It used to be 8k and 12k, remember?

And the limit is NOT per race, it is per creature race.

Where is your evidence for this statement?

You are, in any case, contradicting yourself: if the limit is per creature race then the max number of animations will be far, far higher than 10 or 20k unless you only have 1 creature race.

From the FNIS page on Nexus:

"Note: The optional FNIS 7.4.5 XXL Beta (20,000 animations) will run slower on PCs with little memory.
It is also likely, that using mods with a total of more than 10000 animations will increase the likelyhood of load CTD. How much? I don't know. Use at your own risk."

Granted that it is not very well written but it seems to be the only thing on that page. The Fore statements I am referring to are dotted about this website, mostly in the tech support sections.

42 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Where is your evidence for this statement?

You are, in any case, contradicting yourself: if the limit is per creature race then the max number of animations will be far, far higher than 10 or 20k unless you only have 1 creature race.

There are no separate animations for nords, bretons etc., just for humans and creatures as far as i know. Notice that every creature type ("creature race") has its own animations, it only makes sense to me that the limit follows that. Not sure how it goes about player exclusive animations.

I don't see how am I contradicting myself though, the limit for human animations stays the same and you don't need creature animations to exceed the 10k limit...

This is without creatures:

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   19.01.2019 22:35:05
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.62.0 - G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00  ( 14 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 45 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading RohZima V1.0 ...
Reading milkypack V1.4 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizRape V11.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBound V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading dse-soulgem-oven V400 ...
Reading Deviously Cursed Loot V6.3  ( 0 furniture, 1 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading DeviousFollowers V1.00  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 34 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading Billyy_HumanFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanDD V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ...
Reading BaboHorribleHarassment V5 ...
Reading Babo Human V1.0 ...
Reading Anubs Human V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture
ERROR(2026): Too many animations  186 (..\..\meshes\actors\character\animations\AnimationsByLeito_Furniture\FNIS_AnimationsByLeito_Furniture_List.txt):  + -o Leito_throne_missionary_A2_S3 leito_throne_missionary_a2_s3.hkx AOThrone

This is without creatures and with Leito animations disabled:

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   19.01.2019 22:35:49
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.62.0 - G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00  ( 14 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 45 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading RohZima V1.0 ...
Reading milkypack V1.4 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizRape V11.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBound V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading dse-soulgem-oven V400 ...
Reading Deviously Cursed Loot V6.3  ( 0 furniture, 1 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading DeviousFollowers V1.00  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 34 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading Billyy_HumanFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanDD V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ...
Reading BaboHorribleHarassment V5 ...
Reading Babo Human V1.0 ...
Reading Anubs Human V1.0 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 4 sets: 30 total groups: 155 added file slots: 1258 alternate files: 959

Creature Pack not installed

9139 animations for 35 mods successfully included (character)

And this is where I got that "per creature" info -> https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/593117-fores-new-idles-in-skyrim-fnis/page-1407#entry56011776

I don't know, I might've got it all wrong, but it makes sense to me this way.

@fore could you please shed some light on it?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

The optional FNIS 7.4.5 XXL Beta (20,000 animations)

You seem to have forgotten there are two files for download, FNIS, and FNIS XXL. They are different. They are different in the way that FNIS can handle 10k animations, FNIS XXL 20k.

This is how the error looks: ERROR(2026): Too many animations 713 (....\meshes\actors\character\animations\SexLab\FNIS_SexLab_List.txt): + 3j_Cowgirl_A2_S5 3j_Cowgirl_A2_S5.hkx

I found that by doing a search, which animation it shows varies. The common solution when you get that is to install XXL instead of regular FNIS. This will be the last post I make about this, if you refuse to believe either that the regular FNIS exists, or that there is a difference between that and FNIS XXL, it's pointless to discuss with you.

52 minutes ago, Tiress said:

ERROR(2026): Too many animations 

That's what I was after. I've never seen that before. Maybe the 'too many animations' is new to the latest version of FNIS. I've seen 'ERROR(xxxx) before but not the actual text bit.

You do not see how you contradict yourself?

10,000 animations per creature race multiplied by x number of creature races = ?

Sorry, I don't understand the numbering on the Nexus form posts. Did you mean this one?

6.3 is old, and I don't support it any more. For 7.0 you have a regular version with 10,000 animations, and an XXL with 20,000. Both are full versions, you install one or the other.
If you don't install Creature Pack then FNIS will do nothing on creatures. It will not find their animations. But don't abstain from the creatures only because of animation limits: EVERY creature race has their own 10k/20 animation limit as well.

If I read this correctly, Fore is saying e.g. 10k humanoid plus 10k per creature race which to me means more than 10k maximum animations.

49 minutes ago, Kaarinah said:

if you refuse to believe either that the regular FNIS exists, or that there is a difference between that and FNIS XXL, it's pointless to discuss with you.

I'm not stupid, I know full well that there are two versions of FNIS and have used both of them.

12 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

That's what I was after. I've never seen that before. Maybe the 'too many animations' is new to the latest version of FNIS. I've seen 'ERROR(xxxx) before but not the actual text bit.

You do not see how you contradict yourself?

10,000 animations per creature race multiplied by x number of creature races = ?

Sorry, I don't understand the numbering on the Nexus form posts. Did you mean this one?

6.3 is old, and I don't support it any more. For 7.0 you have a regular version with 10,000 animations, and an XXL with 20,000. Both are full versions, you install one or the other.
If you don't install Creature Pack then FNIS will do nothing on creatures. It will not find their animations. But don't abstain from the creatures only because of animation limits: EVERY creature race has their own 10k/20 animation limit as well.

If I read this correctly, Fore is saying e.g. 10k humanoid plus 10k per creature race which to me means more than 10k maximum animations.

Fair enough, let me correct myself.. :P

There IS a limit of 10k in standard version of FNIS and 20k limit in FNIS XXL. This limit is separately for humanoids and every creature race.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant, you made it sound like there is no limit at all, that it is just a theoretical number while it isn't, hence my original reaction because this statement is straight up wrong:

Search Fore's comments and you will find him saying that the theoretical max number is 20,000 per race. It has nothing to do with XXL which he does not recommend.

Archived