[GR] Merida Hair HDT SMP Wig Revival

Hello friends.
I was going to post this mod for a long time, waiting for the author's permission, but after 3 months I did not receive an answer to any letters. Therefore, I decided all the same to lay out my adaptation to this wonderful mod for your judgment.
The author of the mod is @Yoo and I hope that he will appreciate my work. I am grateful to him for creating such an unusual haircut and you can give all respects and gratitude to him. Original mod.

This is a standalone mod, includes 8 different hairstyles: long and short, and 4 hair colors - blond, red, brunette, black. 

Can be acquired with AddItemMenu or using the console command "help merida" and "player.additem XXXXXXXX 1"  without quotes. 

Strong Requires: HDT SMP core files (hdtSSEFramework, hdtSSEPhysics).

Possible issues:

- hair trembling -  is difficult to solve due to the limitations of collision physics and the design of the hairstyle itself.

- spots on the hair (especially blond color) - this is due to the design of the hair (flat springs) that are rendered with lighting on both sides. Depending on the lighting varies.

Special thanks:

@Yoo - author of Merida Hair HDT

RequiemWings - the man who helped me in a difficult moment and thanks to him I was able to continue working on this mod (?)

authors of programs without which this would be impossible (NIFScope, MeshRigger, OutfitStudio, Blender, and some for Windows:) ).

In the attachment there are several options for textures.

Merida_alt_textures1k.7z

MeridaHair_Optional Textures2K.7z

Original Textures 1k.7z

Spoiler

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/10/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SMP core
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Great work, the video makes it look very good- I downloaded it but my game is broken since I updated it so I can't try it out.

Also, what is the feminine walk animation in your video? It looks similar to mine but yet different somehow.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, xsorab2 said:

can you do a tutorial for hdt smp please? There's some ks hair i REALLY want to give it SMP. AFAIK there is a hdt PE tutorial but not yet for the SMP one

There are enough lessons here on the forum to start learning SMP physics. Thanks to @prZ and others there is a base for a start. @Aldebaran collected in his blog useful tips as well. I do not want to let in the fog (like "this is not for everyone and you young Padawan must pass the rite of initiation into the ranks, through the agonizing course of running around for beer ...." :)), but only practice helps.

A good, but unfortunately not finished tutorial by Senpo is here http://www.mediafire.com/file/zw9y03x47h5jhhp/skyrim_senpo_hdt-smp_xml_writing_tutorial_en_v_a2.pdf/file

Maybe I will update the KS Hair HDT pack in the near future. I have all the permissions for this and more wigs will be added. Life will put everything in its place :)

40 minutes ago, Gromilla said:

There are enough lessons here on the forum to start learning SMP physics. Thanks to @prZ and others there is a base for a start. @Aldebaran collected in his blog useful tips as well.

Oh! I forgot all about the distillation of all that SMP agonizing. Thanks for the reminder! Will post the mini-tutorial within the next week or so. ?

On 1/15/2019 at 12:42 AM, Gromilla said:

There are enough lessons here on the forum to start learning SMP physics. Thanks to @prZ and others there is a base for a start. @Aldebaran collected in his blog useful tips as well. I do not want to let in the fog (like "this is not for everyone and you young Padawan must pass the rite of initiation into the ranks, through the agonizing course of running around for beer ...." :)), but only practice helps.

A good, but unfortunately not finished tutorial by Senpo is here http://www.mediafire.com/file/zw9y03x47h5jhhp/skyrim_senpo_hdt-smp_xml_writing_tutorial_en_v_a2.pdf/file

Maybe I will update the KS Hair HDT pack in the near future. I have all the permissions for this and more wigs will be added. Life will put everything in its place :)

Thanks! I'll take look at it and see if I can do this.

24 minutes ago, Zarotian said:

Excellent work my dude!

Would you mind sharing your smp config? The previews look so nice

Thanks! And what exactly are you interested in? File for a wig in the archive itself. Or are you talking about the body? This cbbe body for outfit.  CBBE.xml 

1 hour ago, Gromilla said:

Thanks! And what exactly are you interested in? File for a wig in the archive itself. Or are you talking about the body? This cbbe body for outfit.  CBBE.xml 

Well, from my undertanding dpending of the valiues you put on the hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs files you can customize the physics. I got mine workig with all the deafult files that come with cbbe as well as Realistic Ragdoll and Force on Normal ( I noticed that changeing the options can affect the outcome).

The point is that my physics do not behaive the same as the preview, and i was looking to achive something similar (especially the colision). Either way thank you for replying, i shoud have especified more... jaja

20 hours ago, Xeshra said:

There is no mesh and no construction file, i wonder how people without those files are getting it to work...

???

please explain ... maybe you did not download the archive completely? Or just downloaded the archive only with textures? ...

To be honest, I spent three months of my life on it. I am zero in 3D and I had to get out to solve all the problems of porting my favorite hairstyle. It was the biggest challenge I met. I bow to the author for his work, and I know what I want to do in the future. I want to do a pack of curly hairstyles with physics.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:43 PM, BazsiHUN said:

Hello Gromilla!

Somehow its not working for me. I see the wigs in my inventory, but i cant equip them. Same problem i have with KS wigs.

I have installed it wil mod manager. I do something wrong? 

same here

On 7/3/2019 at 9:16 PM, Fetterbr said:

same here

It’s hard to say that in your mod list it affects the mod so much. I cannot test compatibility with all mods or races unfortunately. Try turning off the mods affecting the skeleton and check again. Either you downloaded the version for LE.

UPD. I think I mixed up my themes :) Of course, most likely this may be due to the fact that in some plugin the slot for the helmet is replaced (the wig in the CE is like a helmet :)). Check whether helmets are worn in the game.

25 minutes ago, Fetterbr said:

ok i use DD so what shall i do you say ?

Check for stripping options in MCM - or something like that - and there is some armor slot "hider", what you have to turn off. I dont know exactly, im not infront of my pc. 

Try it, if you cant find it, i will check it ingame when im at home.