Inari Tails HDT

View File

Conversion of the tails from the Inari Race Oblivion mod by Hidemaro to Skyrim LE. Has HDT physics taken from HDT Tails Wearable by deadzone45. 

Contains the four original color variants as well as a fifth "haircolor" version that conforms to the wearer's hair color using a script from Ashara Princes of the Woods by SyndeyB. 

This content is standalone and does not require any of these other mods. The HDT plugins are exactly the same as the ones from HDT Tails Wearable, so you can let either mod overwrite the other without issue, if you have both installed. 

Can be crafted or acquired with AddItemMenu

Requires SKSE, XMPSE and HDT Physics Extensions.

If you are having ANY problems with this mod in regards to the mesh not attaching properly, not having physics, etc, REINSTALL THE LATEST XPMSE, and let it overwrite every other mod's skeleton.nif.  Especially if you use NMM, Vortex or manual installation methods. Don't bother posting your issue in the support thread if you haven't done this first.

Changelog:

2019-01-05: Cleaned the masters for the plugin. Should only require Skyrim.esm now.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/05/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, HDT Physics Extensions, XPMSE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

20 minutes ago, noobsaleh said:

Are there any SMP ears and tails that match your hair color?

I don't know anything about SMP.

>ears

I have a version of the fox ears from HDT Tails Wearable with the haircolor change script, as well as the fox tail from that mod. I can upload them here if you're interested. Tail in the screenshot is a WIP edit to make it bigger (i haven't finalized the shader stuff which is why the textures look bad)

Spoiler

1034749576_enb2018_11_0320_14_58_32.thumb.jpg.1e4a7c06d22185a53ce0f56297f7ce37.jpg

11 hours ago, cooldown1337 said:

The tails are positioned a bit high for me, any idea how to fix? Using the skeleton from NiOPA

The tail mesh doesn't use the Tail node from XPMSE and instead has the Spn0 node at its base, which as far as I'm aware isn't affected by ingame RaceMenu position sliders. You will need to do it manually in NifSkope.

1. Open the tailHDT.nif mesh file.

2. Expand the 0 NiNode / Scene Root branch by clicking the left arrow.

3. Select the 1 NiTriShape row.

4. Scroll down at the bottom until you reach "Translation", and set the Z coordinate to a negative value (if it's only slightly too high, try -1 or -2 for starters).

5. Right-click the 1 NiTriShape row and choose Transform > Apply. If NiSkope gives you a message about how it "most likely won't work" hit Try Anyway.

6. Save the mesh

7. After you've tested the new position ingame and are satisfied, apply the same changes to tailHDT_hair.nif.

Spoiler

tailedit01.PNG.ed45a428ed819921615f005bc7300d91.PNG

Spoiler

tailedit02.PNG.7455baf229640e597d9cb6a7e83a8a8d.PNG

On 1/5/2019 at 2:03 PM, Siegmeyer said:

>ears

I have a version of the fox ears from HDT Tails Wearable with the haircolor change script, as well as the fox tail from that mod. I can upload them here if you're interested. Tail in the screenshot is a WIP edit to make it bigger (i haven't finalized the shader stuff which is why the textures look bad)

Reveal hidden contents

1034749576_enb2018_11_0320_14_58_32.thumb.jpg.1e4a7c06d22185a53ce0f56297f7ce37.jpg

I'd be quite interested in the haircolor variant of those ears, if you do upload them!

On 1/6/2019 at 3:03 AM, Siegmeyer said:

Hey.
If you allow me, I would try to port this wonderful mod to SMP physics. Of course, I will not place files anywhere. 

UPD. 

Is done. Physics example video: 

Spoiler

All rights belong to the author of the mod and he will decide whether to upload this option.

Thank you for the mod and entertainment with it in the process of working on adaptation :)

2 hours ago, Gromilla said:

Hey.
If you allow me, I would try to port this wonderful mod to SMP physics. Of course, I will not place files anywhere. 

UPD. 

Is done. Physics example video: 

Reveal hidden contents

All rights belong to the author of the mod and he will decide whether to upload this option.

Thank you for the mod and entertainment with it in the process of working on adaptation :)

Feel free to upload it as your own file. I don't want to post such a thing here, because like I said, I don't know anything about SMP and would be unable to answer support questions related to it.

16 minutes ago, Siegmeyer said:

Feel free to upload it as your own file. I don't want to post such a thing here, because like I said, I don't know anything about SMP and would be unable to answer support questions related to it.

Thanks! It's nice when the authors are so responsive to modders. ? 

22 minutes ago, isb_mmtribe said:

Any tricks to applying it to other mods? It's something I'll likely play around with. Thanks!

It works, as far as I'm aware, with any mesh that has its shader type set to "Hair Tint" and a diffuse texture that is a similar color to the default vanilla hair textures (sort of a greyish tan color). Then you simply attach the script to the ARMO record like how it is in this mod. There may be other shader flags you have to set for it to work but I just use the same ones every time for hair-type models so I wouldn't know. I figured out how to do it reverse-engineering the wig from Bewitching Clothes (hence why this mod used to have it listed as a master, I originally copied the wig script QST record from there).

3 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

might be a silly question but what body slot does the tail use? 

to answer my own question, it uses slot 40, the vanilla tail slot. not sure if this overwrites existing tails on argonians / khajiit, but it at least will not conflict with SoS or devious devices as far as i can see!

23 hours ago, Siegmeyer said:

It works, as far as I'm aware, with any mesh that has its shader type set to "Hair Tint" and a diffuse texture that is a similar color to the default vanilla hair textures (sort of a greyish tan color). Then you simply attach the script to the ARMO record like how it is in this mod. There may be other shader flags you have to set for it to work but I just use the same ones every time for hair-type models so I wouldn't know. I figured out how to do it reverse-engineering the wig from Bewitching Clothes (hence why this mod used to have it listed as a master, I originally copied the wig script QST record from there).

Thanks! I'll check out the wig too, I missed that it was originally a requirement.

I've been looking for new tails for so long. Thank you for porting these to Skyrim, truly. I wasn't even aware that Oblivion had these tails.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, Gromilla said:

Thanks! It's nice when the authors are so responsive to modders. ? 

Also, thank you for the SMP port. Was afraid I'd have to try and fiddle them to SE myself, but you spared me the headache.