Jump to content

SKSE will not start Skyrim


Guest

Recommended Posts

Hi.

 

So I'm having a bit of an issue with SKSE (Not SKSE64), as the title implies it will not start, ill try to run it through steam, steams will open the Skyrim launcher then I click to play, the launcher closes and nothing happens. try launching with mod organizer same issue. I also tried running Skyrim without skse but that doesn't work either. Im not sure what to do here, Need help!!!!!!!

 

Thanks      

Link to comment

skse launches through steam launcher also unless you are using an old version. 

 

I think only way to bypass skse is to launch with TESV.exe in the skyrim folder, but this problem does not sound like skse but missing master or missing or bad ini file or plugin (dll) installed that cannot be loaded.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, nameless701 said:

You can not start SKSE in STEAM,you must use the SKSE-Loader (Steam_Steamapps_Common_Skyrim_SKSE-Loader)

 

 



 

Unbenannt.jpg

Tried that already, it didn't help 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, RW311 said:

skse launches through steam launcher also unless you are using an old version. 

 

I think only way to bypass skse is to launch with TESV.exe in the skyrim folder, but this problem does not sound like skse but missing master or missing or bad ini file or plugin (dll) installed that cannot be loaded.

How would I go about fixing that? 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

In the NMM plug-in list any plug-ins which are missing masters will show up in orange or red.

LOOT will also tell you if you have missing masters, or errors.

 

Has this ever worked or have you just installed Skyrim?

Skyrim was working for me up until last night  

Link to comment

Try to launch the game from the skse_loader.exe which is found in your skyrim folder wherever you installed the game.

If game launches and plays ok then steam or possibly windows may need restart.

If not then roll back changes you made most recently as something there is not working.

Link to comment

Not to confuse the OP but this is what I was talking about earlier:

 

98041656_Screenshot(15)j.jpg.e91dc54442976efef6ef6a77d993180b.jpg

 

Note that there are three (and someday maybe four) possible ways for me to launch Skyrim through Steam. The first two are simply LE and SE directly from Steam. However the last line, which is also highlighted, is how I launch Skyrim with SKSE through Steam.

Link to comment

I feel like i Should clarify, My issue is that I cannot get skyrim running (not special addition it is working), wheater or not I try to launch skse, or Skyrim by itself, steam will try to run the game, but then it stops, the game never starts and i don't get an error message. A few of you mentioned that it may be an issue with the ini file, I think this may be it as I just ran loot and I dont think im missing any masters, If its a ini file issue how would i go about fixing it? ( i have tried running skyrim and skse as an administrator, doesn't help, try restarting my pc and steam doesn't help, tried reinstalling skyrim and skse)  

 

Thanks   

Link to comment
8 hours ago, fred200 said:

A tool you should keep handy is TES5Edit:

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859

 

Run this and let it load all mods. If you have a mod error, like missing master,  it will tell you.

 

When you say game never starts, that implies you never get to the Load screen. That means it is not a bad save - unless you have too many saves.

 

 

Ok ill try that, 

Thanks  

Link to comment
Spoiler
8 hours ago, Ablack13 said:

Ok ill try that, 

Thanks  

 

 

So, let me see if I understand now. What you are saying is that you tell the game to start but it does not reach the main menu? If so, that is probably a missing master. Run LOOT and correct all errors. If the the problem persists post the load order from LOOT here on this thread, preferably in a spoiler (if you don't understand any of that please see my blog - the link is in my signature - for information on LOOT and getting your load order from it).

If you are getting to the main menu and hitting "New" or "Continue" and the game fails to load you probably have too many animations. Run FNIS and post the text from the top half of the box here (it should start with information about your skeleton and end with the number of animations successfully loaded). This should be a simple "copy and paste" operation. Probably better if you use a spoiler for that too.

Link to comment

Right. LOOT should have Errors 0. If you use NMM the plug-ins list should not have anything with yellow, orange or red text. If you are using Crash Fixes, and you should be, it will pop up and tell you that you are missing a master or masters and terminate the load. (I assume that MO does something similar to NMM)



LOOT2.jpg.37f4b69a9f1cbc217540ace370cdabc7.jpg

 

These plug-ins are in yellow because their masters are installed but deactivated. If they were uninstalled, i.e. missing, the text would be red.

Plugins.thumb.jpg.f85f4f368deb924b3476cdfcf12d1e51.jpg

 

17 hours ago, Ablack13 said:

I install some mods but the game was working right after  

So now the $64,000 question: What were those mods?

Link to comment
On 12/25/2018 at 3:00 AM, Ablack13 said:

Hi.

 

So I'm having a bit of an issue with SKSE (Not SKSE64), as the title implies it will not start, ill try to run it through steam, steams will open the Skyrim launcher then I click to play, the launcher closes and nothing happens. try launching with mod organizer same issue. I also tried running Skyrim without skse but that doesn't work either. Im not sure what to do here, Need help!!!!!!!

 

Thanks      

 

Do you have Win 10?  I just went through all that, so let me know and perhaps I can help you out.

 

Link to comment
On 12/26/2018 at 6:24 AM, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

So, let me see if I understand now. What you are saying is that you tell the game to start but it does not reach the main menu? If so, that is probably a missing master. Run LOOT and correct all errors. If the the problem persists post the load order from LOOT here on this thread, preferably in a spoiler (if you don't understand any of that please see my blog - the link is in my signature - for information on LOOT and getting your load order from it).

If you are getting to the main menu and hitting "New" or "Continue" and the game fails to load you probably have too many animations. Run FNIS and post the text from the top half of the box here (it should start with information about your skeleton and end with the number of animations successfully loaded). This should be a simple "copy and paste" operation. Probably better if you use a spoiler for that too.

Sorry, im bad at explaining things, I took a video on my phone of what happening, hopeful this will help clear things up  

Link to comment
On 12/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, C5Kev said:

 

Do you have Win 10?  I just went through all that, so let me know and perhaps I can help you out.

 

Yes, i have windows 10  

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Ablack13 said:

Yes, i have windows 10  

 

OK, Win 10 did an update and it blew out my video driver - well, "replaced" my NVidia driver with a generic windows driver.  If you happen to have an NVidia card, go into your control panel > program settings and check Skyrim - there's 3 buttons on top "add, remove and restore".  I was able to click restore (can't now for some reason) and installed a new driver. You might also want to look for June 2010 DirectX9 download and install that as well. See if that helps.  If you have an AMD card, I guess just check the driver.

 

 

Link to comment
Spoiler
5 hours ago, Ablack13 said:

I seem to have gotten things working, thanks everyone for your help 

 

 

From your video I would have suspected that you might be approaching the limits of animations that your machine can handle. It might still be in your interest to copy the output from FNIS after you've run it (the part that starts with a description of your skeleton and ends with how many animations were successfully loaded). This is a simple cut (from FNIS) and paste here.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. For more information, see our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use