Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

I have to say this is a pretty good mod I checked this out back when it was first posted on http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/15455205.html and everything worked great with my custom race mod. The only thing I noticed was that when you left the transformation your player would be naked and you would have to re equip your players armor/outfit. Will this be fixed in the new version?

Also would there be a way to make a standalone version of just the transformation spell so that people can download it instead of the whole race mod or do you need everything for it to work? Keep up the great work!

I have to say this is a pretty good mod I checked this out back when it was first posted on http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/15455205.html and everything worked great with my custom race mod. The only thing I noticed was that when you left the transformation your player would be naked and you would have to re equip your players armor/outfit. Will this be fixed in the new version?

Also would there be a way to make a standalone version of just the transformation spell so that people can download it instead of the whole race mod or do you need everything for it to work? Keep up the great work!

One, a new set of armor is coming in the next version, If you have this armor in your bag when you leave a transformation you will auto equip it. Check the video I posted a few posts back. If you don't want the armor or don't like it, you can just shove it in a chest / throw it on the ground, but then you will still be naked when leaving forms.

Two, the race itself is actually a very small part of the mod, very little in fact. To say I would make one without the race would hardly be any different. The race is actually included to fit lore and theme of the transformations ( they come from the Celestial Plane, like the Plane of Oblivion ) AND to balance out the power of the forms, for people who like such things ( this includes me ).

As an aside to everyone, a release will be tomorrow after play testing on a different test bed today and noticing a few small bugs. I also didn't think for some reason when I added the Craftable version of the new armor to include it in my script for the armor auto equip, kinda defeating the point of using it in Late game / higher level play. This will need to be done but I will start work on it soon and am sure to have it done tomorrow.

So to state, I can be about 90% sure a release of V5 will be sometime tomorrow! Just in time for weekend play :P

cant wait for it. Also I was wondering if anyone can help me out with extended color sliders' date=' It worked for the most part but after patching I was unable to move the preset slider or eye color slider one bit and was stuck with only one eye color and one preset.

[/quote']

This is something I'm still trying to fix ( one of the bugs I mentioned yesterday ).

See the thing is that I do NOT have this problem, so I thought I had it fixed, but my wife DID. I stayed up until almost midnight working in CK trying to fix this, only to have a last minute idea. First thing I asked my wife to do was make a clean save. This means deactivating ALL your mods ( everything ), loading up your save game, saving over it, then reactivating all your mods again. This worked for her and she was able to get the eye slider to move.

Next thing I did was then told her to deactivate JUST my mod, load up a save that had had all her mods plus mine installed, save, then reactivate mine and load it up. She had to use console to player.setrace CelestialRace but sure enough, it worked again.

Now remember I said that I DON'T need to do this, for me with V5 changing my character and patching with extended sliders is working all the time ( sans at new game character creation, I'm working on that ), so the best we can come up with is that there is some mod she has that I don't that may be causing conflicts. We both have a LOT of mods, and while we share many of the same mods, we also have many different mods to, so trying to figure it out is the problem.

So to restate, you can try this :

Step one, deactivate my mod.

Step two, load up your save game that had you as a Celestial you can't change.

Step three, save over that game now that you should be a Nord. You may notice your eyes looking funky if you had Celestial Eyes in your save game, ignore this for now.

Step four, reactivate my mod. Load your save game.

Step 5, open your console and type player.setrace CelestialRace

Step 6, use a showracemenu option. Change your characters looks.

Hopefully this works. This will also need to be done when upgrading from current version V4 to V5. You will need to deactivate V4 and uninstall it, load up your game, save, then install V5, and use the console to make yourself a Celestial again.

*EDIT* ok we think we have this fixed now!

Guess what guys? I decided to go ahead and throw in all the needed head data for Celestials. Customized to look a BIT different then most other races / heads etc.

Here is a teaser pic I took of my new Test Character using these options.

NOTE : The Doe Eye look I have is only one of MANY different looks you can come up with, not all eye types will be like this. Traditional looks can still be achieved.

NOTE 2 : The new headparts are based in part on ECE. Having it installed with celestials won't make much if any difference other then also adding in the Young Nord Race. Please note if you leave it installed place Celestials AFTER it in the load order or you MAY get black face bug.

New Face

newfaceshot1.png

Remember, it is always possible if you don't like body skins, head types that I picked to replace them! If you don't know how ask me!

Enjoy.

P.S : finished the scripting for the new craftable armors. All I'm doing now is play testing the bug fixes I made last night / earlier this morning, but so far so good. Everything is even packed up and uploaded, just want to make sure the stuff I did is working properly. All I have left to do is a write up on the First Post with changes / bug fixes / additions! Expect V5 withing the next few hours! :)

Ehm' date=' Shaydow, wrong jump modifier ini file in V5.

[/quote']

I did it again? :(

*edit* fixed the 1 multiplier to be 150 like it should. A new version is uploading now, should take about 15 minutes or less, it will still be the same download link and everything. Thankfully mediafire tells me there hasn't been many downloads for V5 yet ( though I know it can take a few hours to update ).

**EDIT 2** seems mediafire wanted to make it a new link anyway. Fu*&ing mediafire. For the SMALL FEW of you that downloaded v5 already ( my last check had 3 :/ ) please re-download it using the NEW link on the downloads part of the main post. I'm sorry again. its 12:10am and I worked on this all day, let us hope THIS is the only stupid thing I got wrong with this release.

*SNEAK PEAK ( ya no screen shots ) AT V6/V7*

Yup, WAAAY early, I JUST released V5, but get this, my WIFE wanted to get in on my mod. She LIKES my mod but DIDN'T like the fact that I had a " one size fits all " breast size! SHE wants smaller breasts on the default body / transforms / new celestial armor, but also understands many people want even BIGGER breasts. For the last 2 weeks and change, she has been learning blender's in and outs following all the tutorials ( she built a car with a rocket launcher! ) and just tonight, just NOW, actually fixed a clipping issue I have been having with Angel Knight Form! So what does that mean for V6 or V7?....

HOPEFULLY weight slider compatibility! While I can myself do it for naked body using my pre-built Celestial Body, the armors have been giving me a hard time. Expect weight slider compatible non-form, and FORM as well as naked bodies options in the future. I.E, depending on the breast size you pick, what you pick is what you will get, no matter if naked, in Celestial armor, or in a form! WE JUST started work on this in the last day or so, so don't expect this any time soon, but I thought I would give you all a heads up on what is going on here in the old Shaydow household in terms of this mod.

P.S: as soon as I release an update / patch that my wife had anything to do with, this will no longer be " Shaydow's Celestial Bla blaa blaa ". My wife will be included for everything she does as well.

So I just tried to play V5 but I CTD either as soon as the character creation screen loads or when i hit R to create my character. Tested other races with V5 uninstalled and they worked fine, its only when i have Celestials on. I was wondering if the esp had to be in a certain place in my load order. I do have ece but per your instructions I placed celestials after it.

So I just tried to play V5 but I CTD either as soon as the character creation screen loads or when i hit R to create my character. Tested other races with V5 uninstalled and they worked fine' date=' its only when i have Celestials on. I was wondering if the esp had to be in a certain place in my load order. I do have ece but per your instructions I placed celestials after it.

[/quote']

Is this a new character your trying to create at the beginning of the game, or an old character?

If it is a brand new character, you may have the same issue I do with custom races and to many customization mods. Don't patch with extended sliders when you first go to make your character, and uncheck any hair mods you have that do NOT have the hair your going to want to use ( I myself have to turn off Apachii and subsequently any mod dependent on it ). Create your brand new character. Go through the opening sequence. When you get inside Helgen keep and your hands get untied and you can go into 3rd person, save your game, shut down, then reactivate all those mods. You can then also patch with extended colors. Then load up your save and use something like http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20092 ( this is the one I use ) to further customize yourself.

I myself have to do this when I create a Celestial. To many customization mods make character creation almost impossible with a custom race at the start of the game, due to all the NPC's, buildings, the light from the sun and fires, etc. I can't even make a basic vanilla character if I have apachii and 1 other hair mod installed :/

If your crashing when trying to use a Show Race Menu on an existing character, it may be a load order issue. Try turning off ALL mods BUT celestials. If it still crashes you on an existing character let me know.

I had a crash too, but then I installed the 'race compatibillity esm' and I could 'showracemenu' on an existing character and make it work.

One other small thing:

I only seem to have 4 color options for my characters eyes. 2 versions of the red glowy slit eyes, a light grey, and a greenish dark grey. I was hoping to get the cool heart eyes or something! LOL

I had a crash too' date=' but then I installed the 'race compatibillity esm' and I could 'showracemenu' on an existing character and make it work.

One other small thing:

I only seem to have 4 color options for my characters eyes. 2 versions of the red glowy slit eyes, a light grey, and a greenish dark grey. I was hoping to get the cool heart eyes or something! LOL

[/quote']

Again, if your crashing to desktop when making a brand new character, DEACTIVATE ALL OTHER MODS BUT CELESTIAL. Create your character, get inside Helgen keep, save the game. Shut down Skyrim, REACTIVATE ALL YOUR MODS. Load up your save, use your favorite showracemenu option to customize your character. THIS IS NOT MY MOD THAT DOES THIS, it is a limitation of Skyrim itself.

As for your 4 color eye options, you said two are red glowy eye slits? The only eyes I added are an orangish type, and I only added the one. Could you possibly have an eye mod installed that is conflicting with my mod? Try moving Celestials down to the bottom of your load order or deactivating any eye mods you have and see if it helps. I tested this mod on 3 different installs of Skyrim before release, mine and I had no other eye type mods installed, my wifes and she has Eyes of Beauty mod installed, and mine again with realistic eyes mod installed. None of them had any problems.

As for the last thing you mentioned, the heart eyes are a part of the Angel Knight Form. You get them when you transform into an Angel Knight, and will lose them and go back to whatever eye color you had picked originally when you leave the form.

Ok another thing: In

meshes\actors\character\celestial\female\femalefeet_*.nif

Are highheel feets if you remove the footware, the character is walking on the toes instead on the feet^^

Concerning the the CTDs at char creation, I have them only if I'm using a lot of mods that add items at the startup in addition to celestial, because celestial adds a lot of them at char creation, it may overload the char creation. (Is not a bug/error, just a minor incompatibility but I thought I should be mentioning it)

Ok another thing: In

meshes\actors\character\celestial\female\femalefeet_*.nif

Are highheel feets if you remove the footware' date=' the character is walking on the toes instead on the feet^^

[/quote']

I know, I liked it like that.

Hi there, first off let me express that I really love this mod. It's fantastic and probably my favorite mod out right now. I've just updated to V5 though and now when I load my character I will get the new armor and weapons in my inventory but the game immediately freezes afterwards. It is an existing character I've been playing with the Celestial mod (though the character is not the celestial race). As far as I know I updated the mod exactly as it said in the readme in V5.

Any advice you can offer? I appreciate it and once again it's a fantastic mod.

Edit: Thought it may be important to note I am using the temptress custom race for my character but I've had no problems with V4 of Celestials with it.

Hi there' date=' first off let me express that I really love this mod. It's fantastic and probably my favorite mod out right now. I've just updated to V5 though and now when I load my character I will get the new armor and weapons in my inventory but the game immediately freezes afterwards. It is an existing character I've been playing with the Celestial mod (though the character is not the celestial race). As far as I know I updated the mod exactly as it said in the readme in V5.

Edit: Thought it may be important to note I am using the temptress custom race for my character but I've had no problems with V4 of Celestials with it.

[/quote']

Your getting the armor and weapons in ONLY your inventory? Are they not being equipped? Is this a quick save or a normal save? Where are you when you first load up your save? Have your tried with an earlier save in a different location or different character? I don't really have much to go on.

hi im new to this mod and i have a few questions:

is this race short or is there conflict with another mod?

does this race change the sword and dagger position? 1hand sword show up on my back and dagger on the lowerback/ass area. (i had a Weapons on Back mod that i got rid of and im thinking i just uninstalled it wrong)

i do not have a BBP skeleton, does the celestial race have that skeleton on it? or do i have to get one?

Hi there' date=' first off let me express that I really love this mod. It's fantastic and probably my favorite mod out right now. I've just updated to V5 though and now when I load my character I will get the new armor and weapons in my inventory but the game immediately freezes afterwards. It is an existing character I've been playing with the Celestial mod (though the character is not the celestial race). As far as I know I updated the mod exactly as it said in the readme in V5.

[/quote']

Your getting the armor and weapons in ONLY your inventory? Are they not being equipped? Is this a quick save or a normal save? Where are you when you first load up your save? Have your tried with an earlier save in a different location or different character? I don't really have much to go on.

Sorry about that, yes I've tried multiple saves, from recent to old. Many different locations as well from white run to a dungeon. What happens is I will load in, the swords get equipped, and the armor is added to my inventory nd as soon as the armor is added the game freezes. I have not tried to create a brand new character however since I'm not really interested in starting all over. Now that I think about it I suppose it could be a skeleton issue but I'm using a compatibility skeleton with cbbe. Again I never had any issues until v5. Thanks for the support!

hi im new to this mod and i have a few questions:

is this race short or is there conflict with another mod?

does this race change the sword and dagger position? 1hand sword show up on my back and dagger on the lowerback/ass area. (i had a Weapons on Back mod that i got rid of and im thinking i just uninstalled it wrong)

i do not have a BBP skeleton' date=' does the celestial race have that skeleton on it? or do i have to get one?

[/quote']

The race is designed to be short. You can change it to a standard height by opening the console and typing player.setscale 1.2

The race uses its own skeleton, and that skeleton is XP32s Swords / daggers on back. If you unpack the BSA you can replace this skeleton with one of your choosing but it MUST be a beast race ( have a tail in the skeleton ) or if you go to use the Devil Form Tail you will CTD. Also it must also be bbp or tppb compatible.

[/quote']

Sorry about that, yes I've tried multiple saves, from recent to old. Many different locations as well from white run to a dungeon. What happens is I will load in, the swords get equipped, and the armor is added to my inventory nd as soon as the armor is added the game freezes. I have not tried to create a brand new character however since I'm not really interested in starting all over. Now that I think about it I suppose it could be a skeleton issue but I'm using a compatibility skeleton with cbbe. Again I never had any issues until v5. Thanks for the support!

Well if you are able to use the Form powers from V4 with the skeleton you have installed, then the new armor should not be causing you to crash, at least I do not think it should. Have you tried deactivating any other mods you have BUT celestial? Also, while I'm not ASKING you to start over, could you load up a new game and see what happens when you go to create a character with JUST celestial installed? It may help me figure out why you are having this issue.

Well if you are able to use the Form powers from V4 with the skeleton you have installed' date=' then the new armor should not be causing you to crash, at least I do not think it should. Have you tried deactivating any other mods you have BUT celestial? Also, while I'm not ASKING you to start over, could you load up a new game and see what happens when you go to create a character with JUST celestial installed? It may help me figure out why you are having this issue.

[/quote']

Well just made a new character, when choosing a new Temptress (my current race) It sort of worked, except when I gained control of my character the NPCs were unresponsive and just sort of standing around. So no freeze/crash, but still strange bug that makes it unplayable. however, when trying again this time being a Celestial race, everything worked fine and no complications. So it seems to be some kind of conflict between those two mods, I think I may just race change my current character to a nord in the mean time until this gets worked out.

Edit: Ok so I feel like a fool for not trying this before posting this, but I just got onto my main character....everything working fine now. Very strange....I guess I just had to equip the armor on a character to get it rendered or something, but my main character (temptress) is now working fine with the armor. Thanks for the support you gave me, and sorry I've been a hassle.