Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

does the Celestials have any effect on Werewolf ?

No. If your IN a form when you change into a Werewolf' date=' coming out of werewolf will still leave you naked ( but you will still have your Knight Form Powers ). Simply use the Revert Power and then your Knight power again to get back your Knight Form Armor.

The only way to change this would be to change how Vanilla Werewolves work, something I am trying to avoid doing. I've tried to leave Vanilla alone as much as possible so as to avoid conflicts with any other mods players might be using.

Your one of my fav modders now...

Thanks!

No. If your IN a form when you change into a Werewolf' date=' coming out of werewolf will still leave you naked ( but you will still have your Knight Form Powers ). Simply use the Revert Power and then your Knight power again to get back your Knight Form Armor.

The only way to change this would be to change how Vanilla Werewolves work, something I am trying to avoid doing. I've tried to leave Vanilla alone as much as possible so as to avoid conflicts with any other mods players might be using.

Thanks!

I clean your mod with Tesedit Nto to be rude are anything.

But, it had something called kids/children of white run in it?

Thanks!

I clean your mod with Tesedit Nto to be rude are anything.

But, it had something called kids/children of white run in it?

Must be a leftover fragment from something I was messing around with one day for Hearthfire. My wife wanted to know if it was possible to adopt more then 2 children. I must have left something in there. I don't think it should effect anything, but I will look into it.

Ya just checked your right. I left that in by mistake. I have not cleaned any of the betas and V4 was suppose to be cleaned but I wonder if I didn't upload it before hand lol. V5 still had them in but I don't usually clean them right after saving changes, since I'm still working on it no sense cleaning until I feel the changes are finished for a release.

Hey everyone! Good news! Work on the Armor / weapons and Preliminary scripting for Human Form ( or Non-Form, if you like ) is done! I got a couple of screens shots since I know that is what most of you like to see when I post updates like this, but before that some talk about the changes coming in V5....

- When you first start the game you will now get a full 4 piece ( currently ) set of heavy armor, a shield, and 2 swords. These items are yours to keep and will not be removed when using a form ( more on WHY below ) but you will only get them ONCE. They are about as strong as a set of tempered ( at first level ) set of steel. This should help somewhat offset the downsides of a starting Celestial ( half starting stats and regens / no bonus skills ). They can be tempered / enchanted unlike forms.

- You will not start the game with the Form Powers anymore. Instead it will be a quest that adds the two Forms, and then further quests for more powers that can be used both in and out of forms ( this work has barely been started yet, so expect it to be a while before V5 is released ). Celestial Unleash Racial Power will be removed as it will no longer be needed ( it will also no longer be a power you can only use once but sits in your list anway ).

- When changing into a Form you will no longer play the rise scene ( this will only play once now when they are unlocked via the quest ). You will be able to continue combat as you change your form. You will also now auto equip the Celestial Weapon ( human non-form version, since Weaponry requires a cast to be able to tell your skill level and give you the upgraded version ), your Form specific left handed spell, and your form specialty power. Combat while changing in and out of forms will be MUCH more fluid.

- When changing out of Forms you will auto equip the Human non-form armor and weapon/shield if you have them in your inventory ( and you ALWAYS should, they weigh nothing ). You will no longer be killed 2 seconds after leaving a form if in combat. On the plus side, NPCs will no longer yell at you that you are naked when going in / out of forms.

And now what I know most of you wanted to see ( :P ), some Screen Shots of the new Celestial Armor ( or again, non-form armor, if you will )!

Note that other then facial design and hair, this is EXACTLY what you will look like, body and all. ( Other then the custom animations that I AM USING. If you use shield on back , etc or other custom animation you will not hold the weapon / shield like this! )

New Non-Form armor w/ weapons being Dual Wielded Front Shot

humanoidfullshotdualwie.png

Frontal Shot of Shield & weapon in Block Mode

humanoidshield.png

Side Shot of shield and weapon in Block Mode

humanoidsideshot.png

Frontal Shot of weapon and shield in NON-Block mode

humanoidfrontalshieldno.png

Remember these shots are how I look with MY animations holding the weapon / shield.

Hope you all enjoy!

Maybe this is a crazy question caused by me missing something (Or maybe it's just even only my game)' date=' but why are you so short? Seriously, the character is child height. Makes interacting with things in displays and such annoying.

[/quote']

They are taller then children, though if you look children in skyrim are pretty big actually. It was personal preference when I created the race. Open your console and type

player.setscale 1.2

this will put you at average nord height.

More good news everyone!

I balanced starting Humanoid armor to be more in line with the Celestial Forms. I knew it was going to be but I wanted to do a full 4 piece basic heavy armor and basic scripting first. When that was finished I decided to balance it. Some of the stuff added since my last update :

Celestial Armor ( or again, non-Form armor / starting armor ) is now a 9 piece set; 4 heavy, 4 light, and a heavy shield ( plus 2 swords ). As with forms this will now allow you to work on both heavy and light at the same time. The neat thing about what I did this time is you don't HAVE to work on both at the same time if you do not want. You can either put on 4 pieces of heavy, and it looks ALMOST like the screen shots I posted earlier, 4 pieces of light, or all 8 at the same time ( all 8 when starting a new character is recommended for the full armor amount based on balance testing). Another neat thing I did was made both of the 2 different sets act as 1 full set even when worn together in terms of certain perks. What I changed was the arms and legs you saw in the last screen shots that were part of the base Chest Armor for heavy are now 2 different items and classified as light. I also added a Light armor Skirt and something I call "Celestial Accessories", basically some jewelry and added chest pieces you can wear. Now to try and break this down in a list so you can understand what I mean .... and remember ALL of these can be worn at the same time! :

Celestial Accessories(light) and Celestial Armor(heavy) both count as a cuirasse.

Celestial Arms(light) and Celestial Gloves(heavy) are both gauntlets.

Celestial Legs(light) and Celestial Boots(heavy) both count as Boots.

Celestial Skirt(light) and Celestial Circlet(heavy) both count as helmets ( yes I know, but the skirt HAD to be a helmet or it would break bonuses from perks ).

The Shield is a Shield and the swords are Swords :P

This now means you can wear ALL 8 pieces and gain bonuses from the perks :

Agile Defender and Custom Fit in Light Armor Perks

Juggernaut and Well Fitted in Heavy armor perks.

I also changed the script today to not only give you the armor when you start a new game with the next update, but also EQUIP that armor, even before you make your character! You will be able to see your Celestial in the full NEW non-Form armor at character creation instead of prisoner rags to better get a feel for what you want to look like while playing. You will start with all 8 pieces and the Shield equipped, with 2 swords waiting in your backback for after your hands are cut in Helgen Keep.

I will try and update this post tomorrow with some new screen shots of what the Skirt and Accessories Armors look like when combined with the set you saw above.

P.S : To try and push this update out a little faster but also still maintain balance, I may just put a level restriction on using Unleash Forms ( and subsequently the Form Knight Powers ) until I think level 20 or level 25. This way I can push the new non-form armor and game play changes ( smoother out of form / changing form combat animations ) BEFORE the quest are done for the forms ( I haven't even started them yet ), but still keep balance for fun and engaging game play.

Hey guys as promised here are some screen shots of the combined Celestial Armors, how they look, and how they work together.

JUST *HEAVY ARMOR* Front Shot

hveavystandalonefront.png

JUST *HEAVY ARMOR* Back Shot

hveavystandaloneback.png

JUST *LIGHT ARMOR* Front Shot

lightstandalonefront.png

JUST *LIGHT ARMOR* Back Shot

lightstandaloneback.png

The Two Sets Worn *TOGETHER* Front Shot

combinedfront.png

The Two Sets Worn *TOGETHER* Back Shot

combinedback.png

Feel free to mix and match :P

Enjoy!

Having an issue that I haven't seen discussed yet. When I use the wings ability' date=' it doesn't make me jump any higher. I have script dragon installed, and I know it's working, because the example plugins that come with it work just fine. Any ideas what might be wrong?

[/quote']

To be honest, I have no clue. I tested this on three different computers and each got the jumping bonus. I will try digging into it when I get the chance. It seems very odd that the example plugin that came works, since all I did was add the enchant of that plugin to the wings. Is it both Forms Wings Power doing it?

I crash whenever I try and change my race to Celestial. Thoughts?

Are you crashing on Race Creation ( using showracemenu or a mod like it, or when creating a brand new character ), are you crashing when using the console command player.setrace celestialrace, or both?

If you can use the console command player.setrace CelestialRace and turn into one, then you may have to many custom races / hairs / etc installed. This is a known issue and even I will crash when making a new character selecting Celestial if I have to many hair mods and more then 2 custom races installed ( this is a know issue for the GAME, not just my mod ). If your creating a brand new character, try turning off any other custom races you have installed, and any but ONE hair pack ( that has the hair your going to want to use). Also unless you have a very beefy computer do not use Extended Colors YET. After you create your character and go through the opening sequence and get your hands untied in Helgen Keep, save your game, shut down, recheck any of the mods you turned off, you can also patch celestials with extended colors now, then use your favorite ShowRaceMenu type ( I use http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20394 ) to further customize your characters looks.

If You CAN'T use player.setrace CelestialRace from the console without crashing, then there might be a mod conflict / load order issue. Let me know if you can use this command on any existing character you have ( remember not to save your game after unless you want that character to be a Celestial ) or not.

Having an issue that I haven't seen discussed yet. When I use the wings ability' date=' it doesn't make me jump any higher. I have script dragon installed, and I know it's working, because the example plugins that come with it work just fine. Any ideas what might be wrong?

[/quote']

Did you change the "JumpMultiplier=1" to a highier value, if not it's the normal jump high.

Get BSAopt from skyrimnexus and open the "Celestials.bsa" with BSAopt and extract the asi folder from it. Change the "JumpMultiplier=1" value to any value you like. Repack it as a bsa or copy it to your ScriptDragon asi folder.

[/quote']

Did you change the "JumpMultiplier=1" to a highier value, if not it's the normal jump high.

Get BSAopt from skyrimnexus and open the "Celestials.bsa" with BSAopt and extract the asi folder from it. Change the "JumpMultiplier=1" value to any value you like. Repack it as a bsa or copy it to your ScriptDragon asi folder.

Did I leave in the default when I packaged it?! It should be set at 75......

*EDIT* FFS how come no one told me, not only did I package the unchanged one and not my modded one, but it should be set at 150 and not 75.

I will upload a fix with V5. Until then you can do what Groovtama suggested, or I will add a loose version fixed you should be able to drop in ASI that should overwrite the BSA.

Thanks for catching that Groovtama!

*EDIT TWO* A patch is now listed under the main download on the first post you can use for anyone who doesn't want to unpack the entire BSA just to change 1 number in one 5kb file :( Sorry about that guys!

Tried the jump height patch' date=' but it didn't work :( Might try the alternative method groov suggested.

[/quote']

Alright you might need the entire mod ( the .asi file to ). I do know loose files are loaded last, so adding in a loose file version should work. I will try a different upload in the morning.

Some good news all.

The first version of Celestial Devil Vampire Lord Replacer is about ready. I should have it up some time this weekend. This will just be the replacer you can see in the first video, so there will still be some elongation of neck hands and a brutish running / melee combat.

The second version has actually progressed rather well, however until someone with way more knowledge of code then I have ( and I'm not talking papyrus ) comes along to help me make a new behavior file that keep most of the original Vampire Lord stuff intact other then a few KEY changes, melee combat will be BROKEN. I am play testing a version of this anyway at the moment that will have stronger Magic based attacks / more mana / faster mana regen, as well as new perks ment only for a "magic only" Vampire Lord. You will still be able to land on the ground ( end hover ) and swing your claws around, they just won't do any damage. This 2nd version will take a bit more time as I am studying how the Vampire Lord perks work and how to add new ones to the line ( It IS possible, I've seen how, I just need to learn all the details to make sure I get it right, come up with some original Vampire Lord Magic type perks that are balanced and effective, and then put them into the release. ).

Tried the jump height patch' date=' but it didn't work :( Might try the alternative method groov suggested.

[/quote']

I saw a few .bsas with an asi folder (that's why I suggested a repack could work too) but I never tested if a script (asi+ini) is loaded from there but scripts from the skyrim asi folder and skyrim data asi folder should be loaded for sure.

@Shaydow

great now I have to choose from two replacers that look awesome...^^

[/quote']

I saw a few .bsas with an asi folder (that's why I suggested a repack could work too) but I never tested if a script (asi+ini) is loaded from there but scripts from the skyrim asi folder and skyrim data asi folder should be loaded for sure.

@Shaydow

great now I have to choose from two replacers that look awesome...^^

Well I only uploaded the changed .ini thinking that would be enough but it apparently was not. @Rearshot I uploaded a new version check the same place on the first post under downloads for it and give it a shot. I have no clue why it WOULDN'T work, as everything I know about it, even the Beth CK wiki says, loose files always get loaded last.

If this doesn't work, then while I could just package V4 again with the new one, I'm Like >--< THIS CLOSE to wrapping up V5 lol, and would hate to have to repack and reupload V4 then do the same for V5 right after.

On an unrelated note, everything is about set for V5 as well guys. I am play testing it now to see about any bugs / balance. Game play wise, the start of the game is much tougher now, but that's what I was going for. What I need to know your thoughts and opinions on is what level do you think the ability to use the Forms should be unlocked at? I currently have it set to 30 in my V5 playthrough and I'm level 21 lol. The Non-Form celestial armors are working out OK, but I had each piece set for temper with 3 dragon bone and 3 dragon scale and the swords at 5 each, and I realize that by the time you hit 30 you might be lucky if you have 2 pieces tempered, by this point you would go into a form and never have a reason to come out....

So what I was thinking was dropping tempering of the armors to 1 each ( or maybe 1 Bone 2 scale ), the swords to 2 each, and raising the level needed to use Forms to 35. Thoughts? Is 35 to high? 21 on Master with stuff like wars in Skyrim, ASIS, ETC, the proper perks, the game before forms is kinda rough on you lol, but what I wanted to go for was the player to progress in the start in a challenging but doable way, get forms after having worked on Celestial Armors upgrades a bit, Use Forms as primary armor and weapons for more game play time while getting what was needed to upgrade the Non-Form armor, and then eventually give the player the ability to have equal to or greater then armor while out of form, so having reasons to pop both in and out of forms when in combat/dungeon crawling ( I.E at around level 50 - 60, you need more armor then your in Normal form, if you need boosted healing or mana you quickly switch to Angel Knight, if you have a lot of guys around you and are getting swarmed, or need to be more sneaky, you switch to Devil Knight ).

As I said, I have tweaked transformations a bit and going in and out of Forms will no longer stop combat ( except for 1 brief second when the script runs ), and coming OUT of a form will auto equip your Non-Form armor you have upgraded and in your bag, hopefully making combat much more fluid and immersive.