Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

I've dropped the armor and race files into their correct places and nothing in-game changes' date='console says there's nothing matching the reference 'Celestial'. i tried installing via nexus mod manager and the same deal,so i have but one thing to ask...

DAFUQ IS GOIN ON?!? o_o

[/quote']

Ok first step, open console and type player.setrace CelestialRace. Or use the racechangemenu and see if Celestial is listed as a race you can pick ( first one is easier ).

If that does not work, then you must NOT have it installed in the correct folders, or something else with load order perhaps? Do you have RaceCompatability installed as well? You need the one for whatever Skyrim your using, either Vanilla or Dawnguard. That MUST be checked in your load order, I keep mine toward the top. Have you made sure you checked Celestials.esp in Nexus mod manager? You said you also want to use the armor mod ( you don't need the race to use the Celestial Armors.esp, or vice versa. The armors for the Celestial Transformations come in the Celestials.BSA ). Did you check if it is working? Make sure Celestial Armors.esp is checked in nexus mod manager then open console and type Help Devilish and see if it returns and values ( or if you have Dragon Smithing Perk in game go to a forge and look under misc ).

Let me know if any of these work. If not, I have the feeling they may not have installed correctly.

I've already tried that,everything is checked,i have race compatibility,and as far as i can tell everything is in the right place,nothing shows up under the terms 'Angel','Devil' or 'Celestial'

I've dropped the armor and race files into their correct places and nothing in-game changes' date='console says there's nothing matching the reference 'Celestial'. i tried installing via nexus mod manager and the same deal,so i have but one thing to ask...

DAFUQ IS GOIN ON?!? o_o

[/quote']

Ok first step, open console and type player.setrace CelestialRace. Or use the racechangemenu and see if Celestial is listed as a race you can pick ( first one is easier ).

If that does not work, then you must NOT have it installed in the correct folders, or something else with load order perhaps? Do you have RaceCompatability installed as well? You need the one for whatever Skyrim your using, either Vanilla or Dawnguard. That MUST be checked in your load order, I keep mine toward the top. Have you made sure you checked Celestials.esp in Nexus mod manager? You said you also want to use the armor mod ( you don't need the race to use the Celestial Armors.esp, or vice versa. The armors for the Celestial Transformations come in the Celestials.BSA ). Did you check if it is working? Make sure Celestial Armors.esp is checked in nexus mod manager then open console and type Help Devilish and see if it returns and values ( or if you have Dragon Smithing Perk in game go to a forge and look under misc ).

Let me know if any of these work. If not, I have the feeling they may not have installed correctly.

I've already tried that,everything is checked,i have race compatibility,and as far as i can tell everything is in the right place,nothing shows up under the terms 'Angel','Devil' or 'Celestial'

Try moving them both down to the very bottom of your load order, and put Celestials.esp after Celestial Armors.esp ( so place Celestials at the very bottom ).

If that still doesn't work try removing them both. Then just try Celestials.esp. Make sure the .esp and the .BSA are both in your skyrim/data folder.

If it still does not work I honestly don't have a clue. If installed correctly Skyrim should be returning SOMETHING no matter what. I've never heard of this happening before.

DAFUQ IS GOIN ON?!? o_o

[/quote']

Try moving them both down to the very bottom of your load order, and put Celestials.esp after Celestial Armors.esp ( so place Celestials at the very bottom ).

If that still doesn't work try removing them both. Then just try Celestials.esp. Make sure the .esp and the .BSA are both in your skyrim/data folder.

If it still does not work I honestly don't have a clue. If installed correctly Skyrim should be returning SOMETHING no matter what. I've never heard of this happening before.

Nothing works,although something must be picking up,because when i uninstalled either of them,my game crashed upon loading any save post-installation,so even though they don't do anything,my game seems to require something in them to run on my newer saves,god knows what though :huh:

DAFUQ IS GOIN ON?!? o_o

[/quote']

Nothing works,although something must be picking up,because when i uninstalled either of them,my game crashed upon loading any save post-installation,so even though they don't do anything,my game seems to require something in them to run on my newer saves,god knows what though :huh:

If you uninstalled them using Nexus Mod Manager you may have lost your RaceCompatibility. Your the only person to mention a problem like this, so I honestly have no clue what might be wrong. Are you using skyrim 1.8 newest version? I am working on V4 of Celestials at the moment and trying to cut down of file size so I can upload a loose file version. Something like that may help you, although if celestial armors didn't work either.... then I really don't have a clue. It must be some sort of conflicting mods or something on your end I don't have.

Ok everyone, I have some bad(ish) news....

I had planned on trying to have V4 ready by Tuesday, but today I had one of my Hard Drives die, and it was the one with steam on it. Now while I have some recent backups of my work on a different drive, and of course I have V3 on mediafire, I had to reinstall steam and skyrim, and now none of my mods seem to be playing nice. /sigh

Expect delays in V4 and the redone Devil Knight Form. SOrry :(

Ok first step' date=' open console and type player.setrace CelestialRace. Or use the racechangemenu and see if Celestial is listed as a race you can pick ( first one is easier ).

[/quote']

If you uninstalled them using Nexus Mod Manager you may have lost your RaceCompatibility. Your the only person to mention a problem like this, so I honestly have no clue what might be wrong. Are you using skyrim 1.8 newest version? I am working on V4 of Celestials at the moment and trying to cut down of file size so I can upload a loose file version. Something like that may help you, although if celestial armors didn't work either.... then I really don't have a clue. It must be some sort of conflicting mods or something on your end I don't have.

I'm running skyrim 1.7.9 i think,RaceCompatibility was still there and checked,and there are no mods besides the Ashen race which i would think conflicting,as Ashen comes with its own RaceCompatibility,would that have an effect?

I've already tried that' date='everything is checked,i have race compatibility,and as far as i can tell everything is in the right place,nothing shows up under the terms 'Angel','Devil' or 'Celestial'

[/quote']

I'm running skyrim 1.7.9 i think,RaceCompatibility was still there and checked,and there are no mods besides the Ashen race which i would think conflicting,as Ashen comes with its own RaceCompatibility,would that have an effect?

Ashen RaceCompatibility and mine are most LIKELY the same, as it is a modders resource ( if you already had it and it worked with dawnguard then you wouldn't need mine ).

HOWEVER, I built this mod starting on 1.8.1 Skyrim, so if anything, I think maybe that has something to do with it. As I said, it has to be some combination of something on your end, since I've only heard of one problem from my users, and that is ctd, and usually I can figure out what is causing that. I've never heard of an installed and checked mod not showing any reference in Skyrim before, I don't actually have a clue other then maybe you have conflicting mods / load orders / version.

You have dawnguard? If not, did you use the patch?

Your up to date on Skyrim ( seems the answer is no ) ?

Your using a proper skeleton or are a Celestial when using transformations?

These are the top 3 reasons most people have problems using my mod(s). If you do patch Skyrim to the latest version and it still shows nothing in console, it either has to be an improper installation or a mod conflict ( and even then, I would think it would just cause CTD's, in the last year I have never heard of someone getting a non-reference in a properly installed mod ).

One last question, is your Skyrim "legit"? I'm not going to judge, but I heard it can cause major problems with mods if it is not.

Try moving them both down to the very bottom of your load order' date=' and put Celestials.esp after Celestial Armors.esp ( so place Celestials at the very bottom ).

[/quote']

Ashen RaceCompatibility and mine are most LIKELY the same, as it is a modders resource ( if you already had it and it worked with dawnguard then you wouldn't need mine ).

HOWEVER, I built this mod starting on 1.8.1 Skyrim, so if anything, I think maybe that has something to do with it. As I said, it has to be some combination of something on your end, since I've only heard of one problem from my users, and that is ctd, and usually I can figure out what is causing that. I've never heard of an installed and checked mod not showing any reference in Skyrim before, I don't actually have a clue other then maybe you have conflicting mods / load orders / version.

You have dawnguard? If not, did you use the patch?

Your up to date on Skyrim ( seems the answer is no ) ?

Your using a proper skeleton or are a Celestial when using transformations?

These are the top 3 reasons most people have problems using my mod(s). If you do patch Skyrim to the latest version and it still shows nothing in console, it either has to be an improper installation or a mod conflict ( and even then, I would think it would just cause CTD's, in the last year I have never heard of someone getting a non-reference in a properly installed mod ).

One last question, is your Skyrim "legit"? I'm not going to judge, but I heard it can cause major problems with mods if it is not.

I torrented the Razor1911 version of skyrim,but my friend has the same torrent and this mod works fine

yes i am running dawnguard (and hearthfire if that is anything)

the top mods i run are:

CHSBHC V2.4.1

FNIS (of course)

MaTera Race

SkyUI

Temptress Race

In total i run between 97-103 mod ESP/ESM files at any given time,but most are just simple mesh/tex changes or armor/weapon additions

i'll download an update and see if anything shows up,if that doesnt work... fucked if i know

EDIT: Updating worked fine,everything works except my old saves,ah well,small price to pay for something so amazing :D

EDIT: Updating worked fine' date='everything works except my old saves,ah well,small price to pay for something so amazing :D

[/quote']

I'm glad we figured out what it was! And thank you for the compliment, it means a lot to know people are enjoying what I've been doing.

Can you make them taller?! She's so short my camera is weird.

In my next release I will have an optional download called "options" :P

I will stick a taller version in there for those that want normal vanilla height. For the time being you can adjust it back to normal by opening console and typing

player.setscale 1.2

This will put you at the normal height for skyrim ladies.

Can you make them taller?! She's so short my camera is weird.

In my next release I will have an optional download called "options" :P

I will stick a taller version in there for those that want normal vanilla height. For the time being you can adjust it back to normal by opening console and typing

player.setscale 1.2

This will put you at the normal height for skyrim ladies.

thank you.

Hey everyone!

Dropping by to show two pics of the FINISHED revised Devil Knight changes! I thought some of you might like to see it. The hair you see that is armored is an OPTIONAL COSMETIC, meaning when you change into a Devil Knight it will go into your inventory rather then be Auto Equip and unable to be taken off. The Tail and the Claws are also going Cosmetic as well. I still have a list of bug fixes that need to be done, but V4 is right around the corner and like all of my other versions, upgrading won't ( hopefully :P ) break your game, so stay tuned!

NEW Devil Knight changes from the front.

devilformv4finished1.png

NEW Devil Knight Changes from the back.

devilformv4finished2.png

Enjoy!

Hey everyone!

Just dropping in to let you all know that I have for the most part recovered from my issues. Work has begun again on V4 but it will probably not be ready until this weekend.

Looking forward to trying it out =D

Was sad to hear you'd lost your progress, had been holding out making a new toon for the release,

so I started a devil form one the other night and didn't have any problems.

although arrows wont appear in first person as they're not set to 'playable' (presumably so they don't appear in our inventory)

new pics look awesome by the way!

Hey everyone!

Just dropping in to let you all know that I have for the most part recovered from my issues. Work has begun again on V4 but it will probably not be ready until this weekend.

Looking forward to trying it out =D

Was sad to hear you'd lost your progress' date=' had been holding out making a new toon for the release,

so I started a devil form one the other night and didn't have any problems.

although arrows wont appear in first person as they're not set to 'playable' (presumably so they don't appear in our inventory)

new pics look awesome by the way!

[/quote']

Yes, I looked into that but sadly there is no way around it. If I make them playable, then they usually get un-equipped and then different arrows are re-equipped instead. The only way I could do it was to force my script to equip them and make it so the player couldn't take them off until one of my other scripts called on it ( using weaponry or change form ). Having them be invisible when notched didn't seem like a big deal to me in the end, so I left it as is.

Having them be invisible when notched didn't seem like a big deal to me in the end' date=' so I left it as is.

[/quote']

Perhaps you could add a heal/mayhem spell effect to the hand when 'notching' the arrow? make it seem as though the bow is acting as a conduit for the magic to be cast from (at a much more deadly level mind you :D)

Having them be invisible when notched didn't seem like a big deal to me in the end' date=' so I left it as is.

[/quote']

Perhaps you could add a heal/mayhem spell effect to the hand when 'notching' the arrow? make it seem as though the bow is acting as a conduit for the magic to be cast from (at a much more deadly level mind you :D)

I'm not overly worried about something like that atm, though I can put it on a future ideas sticky I have.

I just came to tell you guys what I was up to, so a reply to this post is perfect.

Here's what I'm still working on and hope to have ready for V4 weekend release :

Celetials now have their own perks in Heavy armor and Light Armor. These perks mimic the original Perks but will ONLY effect you while in Celestial Forms. See the problem I ran into was perks like well fitted, vanilla requires NO heavy armor on AT ALL, and thus wouldn't work with Celestials ( they have both heavy and light equally ). While I could have removed that, it would have broken Vanilla perks just to get what I wanted from them. SOOO, I built new perks that do almost the same thing as the originals BUT will ONLY work when your in a Form :) I also built a new Branch in 1-handed, however this branch works both in and out of forms ( I could have made it Form only, but figured, meh why ). The new branch mimics the Dual Wielding Line of 1 handed perks BUT works when you only have 1 weapon equipped. I did this because Celestials are a type of Battle Mage, when using weaponry you almost always have a weapon in right hand and a spell in the left. Now you can upgrade your 1 handed attack speed and power attack damage.

Currently I'm working on the last thing I want to have ready by this weekends release, and that is both the Weaponry and Bow Powers for both forms SCALING with your skill level. So for example from 0 - 29 1handed you will do W damage, from 30 - 49 X damage, 50 - 69 Y damage, and 70 - 100 Z damage. This damage scaling is BASE, so perks and your skill level will effect it. Overall the effect I'm going for is to mimic natural weapon damage increases from tempering as the player plays the game, since as a Celestial you can not temper weapons and armor from Forms. To do this I'm adjusting my script to equip weapons that look the same, but have different stats, based on what your skill is.

*EDIT* The new perks are Balanced I think, while they mimic the originals they are not the same. For instance, Dual Flurry has rank 1 20% attack speed when dual wielding, and 35% at rank two. Celestial Flurry does not require two wepons, but rank one is 15%, and rank 2 is 30%. This should let you decide if you still want to go up the vanilla branches or not ( I like options :P )

BTW everyone, I thought I would let you all know that V4 is my HOPEFULLY LAST beta Release! V5 Will become a REL and move out of WIP. I have some ideas for V5 and they are BIG, but this weekends update should be the last version I will call beta. V5 will include quests ( hopefully voiced! My wife said she would try :P ), 1 new power ( able to be used in and out of forms, gained from a quest, directed mostly for Bow users ), Vampire Lord transformation replacer and more!

Hey guys guess what? I had more free time tonight then I hoped. Finished the Perk trees AND the Celestial Weaponry scaling. Only thing left to do now is Celestial Bow scaling and file paths! I'm actually ahead of schedule and I expect to be able to have V4 ready either by tomorrow night ( EST time zone ) or early Friday morning! To hype you all up I took some pics of the new Celestial Perks to show you what I was talking about. Enjoy!

Light Armor perks.

Overview to show new light armor skill tree w/Celestial Skills

celestilalightarmorperk.png

Skill 1

Skill 2

Skill 3

Skill 4

Heavy Armor perks.

Overview to show new heavy armor skill tree w/Celestial Skills

celestilaheavyarmorperk.png

Skill 1

Skill 2

Skill 3

Skill 4

1Handed Perks.

Overview to show new 1handed skill tree w/Celestial Skills

celestila1handedperksov.png

Skill 1

celestila1handedperks1.png

Skill 2

celestila1handedperks2.png

Remember that the Celestial mod will now be incompatible with any mod that ADDS skill branches to these 3 trees! ( as in it will work, but one will overwrite the other ) Any mod that alters Vanilla skills or adds branches to other skill trees then these 3 will be fine. If you have other mods that do both but want the Celestial Perks then Celestials.esp must come AFTER them in load order! Just a heads up.

Version V4 is now released! You can find the download and changes at the top of the main page.

Enjoy!

*EDIT* Added some pics of the new eyes, AND the new overlays on top of the new eyes, to give an idea of what you can do with this update.

I love the new devil form, a bit improvement, especially on the wings.

I'll have to give angelic a try next ^.^

I couldn't use the showracemenu to change to glowing eyes (selection bar wouldn't move), but that might be due to it's being a Beta3 character, so i'll just have to start a new one (worked fine when starting a new toon)

It's a pity the sheathed melee weapon shows up when sheathed in first person view, as it obscures a bit, but it's pretty minor.

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you've put into this!

and I look forward to seeing where you take it it =D

I couldn't use the showracemenu to change to glowing eyes (selection bar wouldn't move)' date=' but that might be due to it's being a Beta3 character, so i'll just have to start a new one (worked fine when starting a new toon)

[/quote']

Try changing to a preset to do it on your existing character. This is what I have been doing to change my character as your right a lot of the choices ( like hairs etc ) get locked out on your already made character. Using showrace then switching to a preset gives back those options ( though presets may be bald, no idea why either ). I've been working on figuring out what causes this. You will have to remake all your features again but if you remember what you had your sliders at it isn't that big a deal.