Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

Well I only uploaded the changed .ini thinking that would be enough but it apparently was not. @Rearshot I uploaded a new version check the same place on the first post under downloads for it and give it a shot. I have no clue why it WOULDN'T work' date=' as everything I know about it, even the Beth CK wiki says, loose files always get loaded last.

If this doesn't work, then while I could just package V4 again with the new one, I'm Like >--< THIS CLOSE to wrapping up V5 lol, and would hate to have to repack and reupload V4 then do the same for V5 right after.

[/quote']

I think the problem is that Scriptdragon doesn't see the files inside the .bsa. So the asi+ini files are non existent for Scriptdragon.

If you make a folder structure for V5 like this

.\Data

-asi

--*.asi

--*.ini

-Celestial.bsa

-Celestial.esp

(just the asi folder outside the bsa), Scriptdragon should get it, and repacking V4 is not really needed the UpdateV2 should be enough to get it to work. So just concentrate on V5^^

Well I only uploaded the changed .ini thinking that would be enough but it apparently was not. @Rearshot I uploaded a new version check the same place on the first post under downloads for it and give it a shot. I have no clue why it WOULDN'T work' date=' as everything I know about it, even the Beth CK wiki says, loose files always get loaded last.

If this doesn't work, then while I could just package V4 again with the new one, I'm Like >--< THIS CLOSE to wrapping up V5 lol, and would hate to have to repack and reupload V4 then do the same for V5 right after.

[/quote']

I think the problem is that Scriptdragon doesn't see the files inside the .bsa. So the asi+ini files are non existent for Scriptdragon.

If you make a folder structure for V5 like this

.\Data

-asi

--*.asi

--*.ini

-Celestial.bsa

-Celestial.esp

(just the asi folder outside the bsa), Scriptdragon should get it, and repacking V4 is not really needed the UpdateV2 should be enough to get it to work. So just concentrate on V5^^

Ya I think your right about that. See I didn't realize that was the case because when first testing the mod I had loose file version I 7zipped up before packing, my wife used NMM to install it, and tested it, but when I did that jump height wasn't done. I then ADDED the ASI and ini to her install and we tested it and everything worked. She then used NMM to uninstall the Mod. Later I packed it as a BSA when everything was ready for release and dropped it in her data folder and asked her to test it, and everything was working, but I hadn't realized that the loose script dragon files needed for jump were still on her install after the uninstall through NMM! So naturally I thought everything was working fine lol.

any idea when you will have V5 out cause am getting excited about it and love your mod hope to see more from ya

Either sometime just before the end of December or the beginning of January.

Didn't get to watch the whole thing ( might want to be careful with the nudity on YouTube ) but so everyone knows' date=' I have fixed the discolored hand bug in V5. Also, the summon mount power is the same principle as a normal horse, you can't summon one in Towns and inside Caves etc. If a Normal horse wouldn't follow you there, you can't summon there.

Looking awesome well done, think I found the race for my next char :)

Thanks! However, be forwarned, that with my next release you will either have to start a new character, or when you load up your old Celestial, you will be a generic Nord and have to use a race change menu or the console to set yourself back as a Celestial. This sadly had to be done as I had to remake the race again in CK to fix some issues with quests involving races and an issue with my upcoming Vampire Lord Addon.

UPDATE 12/22/12

Beta 1 of Celestial VampireLord is released. This is about the same as the video Alpha Test 1 and does NOT have the animations of Alpha Test 2 yet. REQUIRES Celestials V4. You can find it under downloads on the main post.

Enjoy!

Good news ( and one kinda bad :/ ) everyone!

V5 is progressing faster then I thought and is actually closer to release then I thought. Scripting for the new Celestial Human armor is FINISHED, and is working sorta like a champ. I know I said I wanted combat to be more fluid when going in and out of forms, and it IS, HOWEVER, be forewarned that your going to want to run away or back off from a fight while a transformation is going on, because there is a brief 1 to 2 second window when your butt naked and you are REALLY vulnerable. Also, the new script effects the forms to, so when you transform into a Knight, if you have the Celestial Shield and or Sword in your bag, they will ALSO equip for you when you change, giving you some offensive and defensive abilities BEFORE having to cast weaponry power.

One of the reasons I play test these things is I found there is a problem with the mesh of the skirt I chose for normal human armor ( you can see it in the screen shots ). It's a bad mesh and had to be replaced ( it was causing CTD's ). The GOOD news is, I replaced it with a still nice skirt ( similar to the OLD Angel Knight Skirt before I replaced it, but re-textured and I changed it a bit to fit lower on the hips ), AND, unlike my Celestial Armors mod, I now have working collision and functional inventory markers for all the new non-form armor! Accidentally throw the armor out of your inventory? No problem! You can see it and pick it up. Don't want the light or heavy armor pieces auto equipped for you when leaving a form? Not a problem as you can stick the unwanted pieces in a chest you own. I also adjusted the NEW armor to work with V4's Perks, so you can pick up the Celestial perks that say " effects forms " and still get those bonuses as long as your wearing the new Celestial human form armors. So the Plus is that human armor gains from almost all light AND heavy armor perks AND Celestial Perks, but the minus is, well, your not in a Form so don't get all the cool powers.

I expect to be ready for V5 within the next week or LESS, depending on play testing. I did some more balancing today but so far everything is working out WAY better then I thought it would :)

~Shay

*EDIT* If you wonder why I think a release may be earlier then I first said, it's because one of my kids has no school at ALL this week, something I totally forgot about. She also had no school on Friday, AND the kids went to Nana's this weekend. That's a heck of a lot more free time I had/will have then I thought, so I got a lot/will be able to get a lot more done then I thought over the holidays!

This is a amazing mod....

V4 is great!

Thanks for the hard work!

Thank you! Honestly, it is comments like these that remind me why I released this and didn't just keep V1 for myself.

As an aside: I realized today it was unfair of me to archer types to only add 2 swords and a shield, so now a bow will be included as well! I'm still working on it, but CK and scripting is already done for it, now I just need to decide one of two meshes I would like to use for it and add the proper alpha / glow maps to fit it. My wife already told me the one she likes the best, so chances are I will go with that one and finish the .nif for it tomorrow.

*EDIT* P.S : Happy Holidays all!

BTW all, after V5 my next update will be a collection of my PERSONAL animations. I DID NOT MAKE ANY OF THEM, however, I DID take the time to see what worked with what, what looked good ( IMO ), and what had the least amount of bugs / issues. I will probably make a video showing what I mean, as MANY animations are handpicked ( ok I lie, ALL the animations I use are handpicked ). This pack will REQUIRE FNIS ( since my animations require FNIS to work ), but it will be an optional standalone. It will also require xp32's skeleton or the tbbp skeleton to use.

Releasing the animations as a pack would be nice too.

This is a must have really!

I'm using it with the Temptress race and it works just fine.

Even with the adec as my body setup there is no issue what so ever.

Changing the body form is nice in my opinion giving even a greater feel of a transformation :D!

*Happy Holidays to you too dude and to your family!

Got a little free time while Christmas dinner is cooking and the kids are playing with their toys, so I figured I would drop by and give you guys an update on what I'm still doing and what has changed to get ready for V5.

The new Celestial Armor that you get at the start of the game will no longer require dragon bone and scales to temper. Each piece now requires 8 steel ingots. I realized I was making it WAY to tough to temper it at the start of the game, since it was basically an upgraded version of steel anyway. So as you got higher and higher in level, but before level 30 ( might change to 35 not sure yet ) and forms, you fell farther and farther behind in terms of armor rating. The sword and the bow will still require 1 dragon bone to temper, and the shield a dragon scale.

I also realized that you may want to wear this armor for looks in late/end game, but the values would still be about the same as form Knight armor ratings, so you would always still want to be in form ( because you also get the powers ). So what I did was once again made a NEW perk, Celestial Smithing, in the smithing tree. It requires 100 smithing AND DragonArmor perk to unlock, however, you will be able to craft a new version of your starting armor and weapons that looks the same but will be MUCH stronger. So you start with "Celestial Armor" and will be able to make "Hand Crafted Celestial Armor". Since the armor will be almost twice as strong as Daedric, the ingredients required will also be twice as much or so. This includes the tempering ingredients as well.

This is going to take me a bit more time to do, but I always want to try and balance the mod before releasing it. I don't want anyone ( myself included ) to be either under powered and have a hard time with the game, or super over powered and the game is to easy.

* Little known fact*

Celestial Devil Knight Flame Cloak is the only destruction spell you can cast out of combat and still gain destruction skill. Try casting it over and over in a safe place ( use wait : one hour if you run out of mana ) and watch your destruction skill increase. No target is needed. I did this on purpose FYI. It is also the only destruction spell that is AoE ( Area of Effect ) that will hurt ONLY enemies your in combat with, and never allies ( go ahead and cast it next to a guard, it's all good ).

It is listed as a novice skill, so as your destruction gets higher skill gains will be slower. Also, the damage / health / stamina it does/gives will NOT be effected by any perks/any other mod. It is scripted.

Thought you might all enjoy a little known fact :)

Just wanted to say this is one of the best custom race mods I have ever played, and Ive played all the popular ones. You have done a superb job and cant wait to see what you come up with next. I am having a minor issue though, for some reason my characters seem to have what looks like a double eye or eye lid or maybe its the eye showing up over the eye lid, its hard to tell but none of the other races have that issue. I cant figure out whats causing it.

Just wanted to say this is one of the best custom race mods I have ever played' date=' and Ive played all the popular ones. You have done a superb job and cant wait to see what you come up with next. I am having a minor issue though, for some reason my characters seem to have what looks like a double eye or eye lid or maybe its the eye showing up over the eye lid, its hard to tell but none of the other races have that issue. I cant figure out whats causing it.

[/quote']

It is probably the 1 custom tri I have not playing nice with whatever other custom head meshes or tris you may be using. Since it is not a loose but packed BSA, I decided with V5 when I rebuilt the race not to do this. All head data will point to the default locations, so you can use whatever type of head stuff you want. This change sadly means however that your Celestial mill use the same head data all other races use. It's either that or I can pack up the entire thing using ALL the stuff I'M using....

Thoughts? Should I have a poll?

I'm extremely looking forward to your release of V5' date=' it's looking in-freakin'-CREDIBLE! Great work! Great concept! All included making it an overall Great Addition! I await 5's release with baited breath!

GermLoc

[/quote']

Guess you will be happy to know I am packaging up V5 right now and getting it ready for release! Needs to be tested on other machines then mine, but as long as everything works out fine ( knock on wood ) a release should be out late tonight or tomorrow!

Just wanted to say this is one of the best custom race mods I have ever played' date=' and Ive played all the popular ones. You have done a superb job and cant wait to see what you come up with next. I am having a minor issue though, for some reason my characters seem to have what looks like a double eye or eye lid or maybe its the eye showing up over the eye lid, its hard to tell but none of the other races have that issue. I cant figure out whats causing it.

[/quote']

It is probably the 1 custom tri I have not playing nice with whatever other custom head meshes or tris you may be using. Since it is not a loose but packed BSA, I decided with V5 when I rebuilt the race not to do this. All head data will point to the default locations, so you can use whatever type of head stuff you want. This change sadly means however that your Celestial mill use the same head data all other races use. It's either that or I can pack up the entire thing using ALL the stuff I'M using....

hmm perhaps a poll, although using the default would work for me since i use a lot of beauty mods, then again a unique sexy look for celestials would be nice also.

[/quote']

hmm perhaps a poll, although using the default would work for me since i use a lot of beauty mods, then again a unique sexy look for celestials would be nice also.

Well here is what's going down for V5 release.

Celestials now use all the default head data. This is to stop any incompatibility others may have.

AFTER V5 release, I will work on an update that restructures all body AND head meshes / textures to the Celestial Race folders in your Skyrim Data. With this update I will remove the folders from the BSA and pack them as loose. So what this means is you will be using my picks for all head and body data , but will easily be able to replace them should you want to with something of your choosing, and will be able to replace them if you wish using different data then what you have installed for vanilla races, should you wish.

The only reason I don't do this now is I have said I would release V5 before the end of this month, hopefully sometime today actually, and don't want to delay it for something that is more of a cosmetic adjustment then a game breaking issue.

As an update to whats going on with V5, I THINK I fixed what was wrong ( it was a character creation bug my wife had but I didn't, non-matching face and body textures ). Also we realized that since Celestial's had still been using my own creation kit made head, that it wasn't compatible with things like ECE. I have fixed this by making them use Generic Nord head data instead.

My wife is, at this very moment, play testing a brand new Celestial with the V5 update. She is off today and will probably play the game all day. If everything works out fine for her then V5 will be released sometime this evening ( EST time Zone ) !

Also, and once V5 is released I will add this to the main page under FAQ, but any Celestial made with V4 or under will be a NORD when you load up V5. This is easily fixed by opening console and typing player.setrace CelestialRace

Also you can NOT patch the race to use Extended Colors until AFTER you create your character ( only applies to new character from here on out ) and get into helgen keep. You can then patch using extended colors. Then use something like http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20092 to use the new sliders. Any time after that if you wish to change your character, be it eyes or hair etc, if you notice the slider bar locked, you must switch to a preset first in order to fix it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS IS. I have been working on it but so far a fix has eluded me. Your just going to have to redesign your character each time ( hopefully you don't change your characters THAT much :P ).