Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

Thanks' date=' seems to work fine without it. I'll try making some armors, I'm not level 30 yet. I get the eye bug, only on my Lunari, her eyes are constantly in the down position. Not her head, just her eyes so it's pretty creepy. I'm about to try EDE, it was mentioned earlier.

[/quote']

Yes you either need :

A: ECE and then you know the Eye Depth slider that usually makes the eyes go bulge out of the head or sink into the head? ECE will make that slider instead move the Angle of the eyes ( tilt up and down ).

B: Extract my BSA, copy and paste the data from it into your skyrim install ( the mod now becomes loose instead of a packed BSA [ you can delete my BSA now if you wish as having it AND my files in loose is redundant, DO NOT DELETE CELESTIALS.ESP! ] ) then go into meshes\actors\characters\character assets and delete the following 3 files ; eyesfemale.tri, eyesfemalechargen.tri, femaleheadbrowschargen.tri.

Came to stop by and let you all know I'm working on the celestial Body a bit. Now that my wife is trying to make the armor weight slider, I decided it was high time to try and make the body able to be compatible with more types of armors / clothing then just the ones included for the race. It wasn't TO hard to get started, most of it was my custom Celestial Body having different legs then most other bodies ( hey I wanted them to have legs like a woman running around swinging a sword and fighting dragons would, and not slim super long super model legs, so sue me ). I had to increase the thigh size and decrease the calf size, but so far I've gotten a few armors to work, most noticeably the Stand Alone Celestial Armors Mod.

See our main goal is to create one unique body that is the exact same for all Forms / starting armors / celestial armors / naked body / as many other armor types as we can get it to be compatible with / weight slider compatible. This is going to take a lot longer then we thought however, but in the end, I feel it will be well worth the wait.

*EDIT* and in case you missed it from all the troubleshooting posts that came right after it...

UPDATE!!!!

Hello LL! I'm Shaydow's wife. We figured out that the reason it didn't look as though it was bbp compatible is because I didn't have the skeleton behaviors. I still have some small tweaks to the celestial heavy armor before it's done. Here are some pictures! Enjoy!

Weight slider on Lowest

weightlowest.png

Weight slider in the Middle

weightmiddle.png

Weight slider on Highest

weighthighest.png

Oh btw, the next patch will have a bit more then just changes to Devil Knight Flame Cloak and a new Gem / adjustments to the necklace...

Since I redid the legs / liked what I did / Noticed an armor cap....

the next update will have some bigger changes then I first thought. First, Celestial starting armor will get some additional pieces.... ( more then 1 ), second, Heavy Armor chest and Light Armor chest will have the EXACT same look, and third, the Perk in Smithing will change somewhat, you will no longer craft upgraded versions with ONLY increased armor to the starting armors ( I found out this is redundant ) but will instead be able to craft the FORM itself ( or the form armors you can wear but NOT need to be in form ). There will be some variations of course, and you won't have access to the powers, PLUS, I'm toning down Angel Knights heal by a fair amount ( with balanced magic mods it was a bit overpowered and you would never die ). All in all the next patch may be bigger then I thought at first.

Hi thanks for this mod I really like it' date=' but I was wodering what devil steed and angel steed does whenever I try them nothing happens

[/quote']

If you DON'T have dawnguard or even if you do have NOT gotten Avrak ( sp? Can't remember off the top of my head ) please note the following : ( if you HAVE gotten the summon horse the same rules apply to my powers for the most part )

You CAN'T summon a mount any place a normal vanilla skyrim horse would NOT follow you. If your in a cave, in dragonsreach, any hold, etc, it will do nothing.

If your outside in a normal place you could ride a horse and try to summon and nothing happens, please wait a few seconds, point your crosshair someplace else, and try again. Summoned mounts have to snap to navemesh ( the ground mesh basically ), and Skyrim is picky about it being perfect. If it fails just try to look at a different ground area, or sometimes even the horizon ( don't look straight at the sky that doesn't work, but if you look off into the distance just ABOVE the ground it can work ). The powers themselves will summon special mounts that last either 60 seconds or until you get off ( meaning if you summon, get on, ride for 10 minutes, then get off, THEN it will vanish, and not 1 minute into you riding ). If you use a mod that alters horses ( such as better horses ) and it lets you use the horse to carry stuff, note you must summon, then get on and off, for it to register as YOUR horse. It will always remember what you had in the horses bag, you will just need to get on then off first for the mod to know it is your horse.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* also, I have been curious about this... are you using the vanilla patch or the dawnguard version? No one else has said anything so I had hoped vanilla patch was fine. Please let me know. Thanks!

hmm even with 8 GB? I'll have to go through all my mods and see

Ya' date=' I have 8 gigs on board, a 2 gig video card, and win7 64, and as I told you before I STILL have to turn off some stuff when I go to make a new character or I will CTD.

I dunno if you do or if this will help, but I know some custom follower mods are pretty script heavy. You could try there. You could also ( once again I suggest this because you never know ) mess around with your load order. It really can't be JUST my mod / scripts causing your CTD's, or I'm pretty sure some of the other people that downloaded V5 already would be here letting me know it was happening to. If you can you could try posting your mods and load order and maybe we could figure out the problem together.

[/quote']

I have the same specs as you, and yea I had a feeling its my load order or something. So here is my load order, I used BOSS on it then rearranged some of them manually due to some mod authors suggestions. I also blacked out some of the mods in the following images cuz I had to do some overlapping screenshots.

post-25900-13597882272933_thumb.png

post-25900-13597882273522_thumb.png

post-25900-13597882274716_thumb.png

post-25900-13597882275373_thumb.png

post-25900-13597882276124_thumb.png

ECE is fine' date=' I think it shrunk my head a bit, or made it less oval and more circle, but it's not a huge deal.

[/quote']

Actually, I just thought of something. I use SPERG(Skyrim Perks Enhancements and rebalanced gameplay) and that completely overhauls all perk trees. Including the blacksmith tree so the celestial perk doesn't show up. Is there a way around this?

I have the same specs as you' date=' and yea I had a feeling its my load order or something. So here is my load order, I used BOSS on it then rearranged some of them manually due to some mod authors suggestions. I also blacked out some of the mods in the following images cuz I had to do some overlapping screenshots.

[/quote']

Well I didn't see anything that screams " That's the one! " though I noticed PCEA is off. Dunno if this would cause crashes or not. Also I have to ask, are your NPC's using a bbp or tbbp install? I don't really think it would cause CTD's if your not using bbp or tbbp skeleton behaviors, but it COULD be an issue and I'm just spit-balling.

I do see some pretty script heavy mods, but still again nothing stands out to me that I would say " well turn these ones off and see if it works. " Load order is a tricky business, and I've never used Boss or wyrebash or any of those, I've always done it myself to try and avoid conflicts, so wouldn't know what to tell you as far they go.

Best advice I can give. Save your game. Log out. Turn off every mod you have in that but dawnguard, my mod and race compatibility ( you can click the top mod, then Scroll down to the bottom and shift click a bottom one to select then all at once to make this a heck of a lot easier ), load up your game, and see if it still does it after you transform back and forth a few times. If it does, then we will know it is PROBABLY not a load order or conflicting mod problem.

ECE is fine' date=' I think it shrunk my head a bit, or made it less oval and more circle, but it's not a huge deal.

[/quote']

Actually, I just thought of something. I use SPERG(Skyrim Perks Enhancements and rebalanced gameplay) and that completely overhauls all perk trees. Including the blacksmith tree so the celestial perk doesn't show up. Is there a way around this?

Sadly no, this is one of the drawbacks of multiple mods changing the same perk trees. I will probably be rearranging some stuff later on down the road ( I may add the Celestial Starting Armor to Daedric smithing in case you want to re-enchant it, with the same stats as the starting set ), and MIGHT even just toss the whole Celestial Smithing perk, depending on what I end up doing with it...

As it stands right now, the perk isn't really going to do all that much for you, as I recently talked about a few posts back. I learned not long ago after I released V5 that there is a Hard armor cap in Skyrim, something along the lines off 700 armor or something like that, making the "upgraded" hand crafted armor redundant, since you can hit this cap even with the starting armors. I've started reworking the starting armor to provide its own special bonuses unique to it, to still give players the option of picking and choosing what form or non-form to use and when based on utility rather then raw power, since even the higher armor on the forms seems redundant to me now now. Things like magic damage reduction and mana reduction, a Celestial Human Heal that is a shout power instead of cast so you don't need to switch out your bow / sword and shield, etc are some of the ideas kicking around inside my head.

[/quote']

Sadly no, this is one of the drawbacks of multiple mods changing the same perk trees. I will probably be rearranging some stuff later on down the road ( I may add the Celestial Starting Armor to Daedric smithing in case you want to re-enchant it, with the same stats as the starting set ), and MIGHT even just toss the whole Celestial Smithing perk, depending on what I end up doing with it...

As it stands right now, the perk isn't really going to do all that much for you, as I recently talked about a few posts back. I learned not long ago after I released V5 that there is a Hard armor cap in Skyrim, something along the lines off 700 armor or something like that, making the "upgraded" hand crafted armor redundant, since you can hit this cap even with the starting armors. I've started reworking the starting armor to provide its own special bonuses unique to it, to still give players the option of picking and choosing what form or non-form to use and when based on utility rather then raw power, since even the higher armor on the forms seems redundant to me now now. Things like magic damage reduction and mana reduction, a Celestial Human Heal that is a shout power instead of cast so you don't need to switch out your bow / sword and shield, etc are some of the ideas kicking around inside my head.

Sounds good, I look forward to it. I tried adding the powers in via the console and that worked. Good to know, incase I do want to use them.

Guess what time it is boys and girls? It's SNEAK PEEK TIME!

The 3 screen shots show changes to Celestial Starting Armors with upcoming V5b. The following changes are shown in the screen shots below :

- the 2 new Celestial DAGGERS included.

- While it may still LOOK like celestial Light Armor from V5, there is now only 1 chest piece, Celestial Armor. The other pieces from Light Armor you see are now part of what is "celestial Jewelry", this also includes the earrings...

- There is no longer a Celestial "skirt". Instead it is now a "belt". I did this for a few reasons : It fixed all the bad alphas of the previous skirt, it allows you to use other armor mod " Skirts / Dresses " and hopefully have minimal clipping, etc.

- I changed the boots because frankly, I liked them better.

- The body has changed, it is now fully Tbbp compatible, the breast movement will reflect this, and the legs have changed to better be compatible with OTHER armor / clothing type mods.

- The stockings are a new Heavy Armor piece ( doable now that I changed the legs ).

- The wings are also a new piece and the enchantment should help offset the drawbacks of a level 1 celestial with lower starting stats ( while still making you spend level up stats on the offset ). They are listed as heavy with a low armor value to keep Heavy / Light skill gains in balance.

Other changes I either have forgotten to mention in this post / are not reflected in the screen shots.

Front shot of the Starting Celestial Changes

v5bchangesfront.png

Back shot of the Starting Celestial Changes

v5bchangesback.png

Shot of the effects of the new wings for Celestial Starting

v5bcelestialwings.png

Enjoy!

P.S : for those of you familiar and or wondering, any Celestial made already with V5 will NOT automatically get the new items due to script ( they are part of the same script that auto gives you the items with V5a ). I will be including a .BAT file and easy instructions on how to use it to give yourself the new items when the update goes live.

Well I didn't see anything that screams " That's the one! " though I noticed PCEA is off. Dunno if this would cause crashes or not. Also I have to ask' date=' are your NPC's using a bbp or tbbp install? I don't really think it would cause CTD's if your not using bbp or tbbp skeleton behaviors, but it COULD be an issue and I'm just spit-balling.

I do see some pretty script heavy mods, but still again nothing stands out to me that I would say " well turn these ones off and see if it works. " Load order is a tricky business, and I've never used Boss or wyrebash or any of those, I've always done it myself to try and avoid conflicts, so wouldn't know what to tell you as far they go.

Best advice I can give. Save your game. Log out. Turn off every mod you have in that but dawnguard, my mod and race compatibility ( you can click the top mod, then Scroll down to the bottom and shift click a bottom one to select then all at once to make this a heck of a lot easier ), load up your game, and see if it still does it after you transform back and forth a few times. If it does, then we will know it is PROBABLY not a load order or conflicting mod problem.

[/quote']

well to answer your questions, I have PCEA but Ive never had it active with my celestial character. And my NPC's have a bbp install.

Is the celestial race supposed to be shorter than the vanilla races in height? Awesome mod btw.

Yes, I like short women, and even my wife agreed she was tired of playing Female characters that where as tall as a hulking giant male nord ( almost all women vanilla races in skyrim are about 6 feet tall! ), so I made them short.

If you don't like this you can open your console with the ` key and type

player.setscale 1.2

this puts you at a normal Nord Female height. Feel free to adjust it.

I get asked this question a lot and I know it's because some people never played shorter custom races and their crosshairs are off. If you LIKE playing a shorter female there is a way to fix your crosshairs to match up with your height, I will try to update the main post tomorrow with the instructions I just gave you as well as how to change the crosshair position to better suit a shorter character.

Swinging by to let you all know I tweaked the new TBBP body I showed in the screen shots before a FAIR amount. Breasts are now fuller and less saggy, and a lot closer to my original Celestial Body then the ones I showed in the screen shots. I also adjusted the hips, and made the body type more.... how to put it? Shapely. It has a newer hip proportion that I feel makes it look a lot more sexy. Sadly the new hips cut into the belt you saw in the screen shots I posted earlier. While the belt is still there and just fine, it can no longer be worn so low on the hips, as it caused clipping. I had to raise it a little bit, and now goes more around the waist then resting on the hips. I'll try to get around to taking some screen shots or posting a video soon.

P.S : I did it on accident when I was working on it today, but loved it so I think I'm going to leave it. Movement in combat ( so shield block, weapon swings, jumps, etc ) all look just fine with the new tbbp body ( provided you HAVE Tbbp compatible animations. BBP also work just fine ). HOWEVER, when RUNNING or SPRINTING, Your chest armor won't move as much as your breasts. What does this mean? It means when your moving fast your breasts will kinda " pop out " of your armor, as they kinda should since there is nothing but gravity holding them in there in the first place. Let me know what you think of this idea!

Hey just thought I would share with you guys a new mod for character creation made by the same person that made extended color sliders. It looks promising and adds extra colors without modifying any vanilla assets among other cool features. Just thought you all would want to try it out with Shaydow's amazing race. So heres the link.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D29624

P.S.: I have not tried it myself yet

And where is this race?

Under downloads on the first page of the thread.

Hey just thought I would share with you guys a new mod for character creation made by the same person that made extended color sliders. It looks promising and adds extra colors without modifying any vanilla assets among other cool features. Just thought you all would want to try it out with Shaydow's amazing race. So heres the link.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D29624

P.S.: I have not tried it myself yet

Looks promising! Gonna have to give it a shot.

*EDIT* Downloaded it and tested it this morning and it works AWESOME! Thanks for the share. Highly recommend it for everyone. No more having to patch for color options. Can change your height without the need of console' date=' so many other options I couldn't believe it. Seems to be compatible with the new Celestial [b']body[/b], however, since I didn't have the weight slider armor installed ( it has to be remade now for the new body ), I couldn't tell if the standalone Lbreast and Rbreast options would effect it correctly like the weight slider would. Butt cheek options worked well though :P

Had a few minutes this morning so I took 2 screenshots the the new tbbp body.

Front shot of the New tbbp body

newcelestialtbbpfront.png

Back shot of the new tbbp body

newcelestialtbbpback.png

Let me know what you think of the changes.