I was going to post this in a discord, but I can't seem to find it. I've been working on doing  a lot of work to better suit my wants and needs, and I'm curious about whether or not releasing derivative works is against the rules. The list of mods I've made are

1. EEBS edit to have nipples and vaginas on all females.

2. Bigger Busts edit to have nipples and vaginas on all females that make sense. I plan on redoing Florans soon, but Avians and Hyolotl kinda need something, I think. Nips don't really make sense either.

3. Bigger dicks for all vanilla races during sex.

4. Dicks outside of sex. (Rough, needs work. Gonna try to code this away.)

5. Removing a rogue pixel in Butterfly on both genders to allow seeing better insertion of pingas into vagoo.

6. Edit of nekolady's futa mod to make it so girls use dildos in actor1 position, but not in actor2 position.

7. Vanilla cream support. Shadow males get big dicks and females have glowing nipples and vaginas. Penguins are untouched.

8. Editting of various clothes (like in Kawaii Stuff+) to fit EEBS

9. Editting mannequins for EEBS. Complete with nips.

10. Editting some clothes just to be sexier.

11. New clothes made, like a bikini.

Some of these are unfinished, but... Let me gauge interest and if it's even moral to release these when they're mostly derivative.

sexbound.png

7 hours ago, CeloIncognitus said:

I was going to post this in a discord, but I can't seem to find it. I've been working on doing  a lot of work to better suit my wants and needs, and I'm curious about whether or not releasing derivative works is against the rules. The list of mods I've made are

2. Bigger Busts edit to have nipples and vaginas on all females that make sense. I plan on redoing Florans soon, but Avians and Hyolotl kinda need something, I think. Nips don't really make sense either.

5. Removing a rogue pixel in Butterfly on both genders to allow seeing better insertion of pingas into vagoo.

6. Edit of nekolady's futa mod to make it so girls use dildos in actor1 position, but not in actor2 position.

7. Vanilla cream support. Males get big dicks and females have glowing nipples and vaginas.

Some of these are unfinished, but... Let me gauge interest and if it's even moral to release these when they're mostly derivative.

Uh... Well... Normally we ask modders to get permissions when creating derivative works, but considering just... how much you've done... Welp, i guess you'd better just credit all proper sources and at least attempt a heads-up... Only thing i gotta say though; If you plan to release such a compilation and still keep it fine, the best way to do it would be to make sure your mod doesn't add other mods items without them being installed; EG: The KawaiiStuff+ Maid costume not being obtainable without KawaiiStuff+, that way you're not taking their whole content, only providing a alternate look. Try to not include other content by accident aswell, like the heads, if they're from Cutebound, or whatever mod you chose.

Off the edits there, i see EEBS, which i believe was made by Skittles? If so, then just a mention should be okay, they're allowing of NSFW mods, and the KawaiiStuff+ Author i have some contact with, they don't feel like touching modding for a while, and i'm certain they wouldn't mind the edit with just a mention, but i'd give them a heads up first. The rest is either original or vanilla assets, from what i understood, only exception being Point 6...

Though, Point 6, NekoLady's Futa is already a feature i've worked on separately on my Sexbound Tweaker mod, as a optional download... Unless you're specifically making so females have strap-on's by default when they are actor 1, instead of just male genitals, in which case that's a pretty neat idea all things considered, if you plan to implement it.

Otherwise, considering the BiggerBusts mod retexture was basically cancelled/dropped, if you'd like to take that "mantle" so to speak, that'd be welcome, i'm sure many users would appreciate it.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

Uh... Well... Normally we ask modders to get permissions when creating derivative works, but considering just... how much you've done... Welp, i guess you'd better just credit all proper sources and at least attempt a heads-up... Only thing i gotta say though; If you plan to release such a compilation and still keep it fine, the best way to do it would be to make sure your mod doesn't add other mods items without them being installed; EG: The KawaiiStuff+ Maid costume not being obtainable without KawaiiStuff+, that way you're not taking their whole content, only providing a alternate look. Try to not include other content by accident aswell, like the heads, if they're from Cutebound, or whatever mod you chose.

Off the edits there, i see EEBS, which i believe was made by Skittles? If so, then just a mention should be okay, they're allowing of NSFW mods, and the KawaiiStuff+ Author i have some contact with, they don't feel like touching modding for a while, and i'm certain they wouldn't mind the edit with just a mention, but i'd give them a heads up first. The rest is either original or vanilla assets, from what i understood, only exception being Point 6...

Though, Point 6, NekoLady's Futa is already a feature i've worked on separately on my Sexbound Tweaker mod, as a optional download... Unless you're specifically making so females have strap-on's by default when they are actor 1, instead of just male genitals, in which case that's a pretty neat idea all things considered, if you plan to implement it.

Otherwise, considering the BiggerBusts mod retexture was basically cancelled/dropped, if you'd like to take that "mantle" so to speak, that'd be welcome, i'm sure many users would appreciate it.

Yeah, I had mentioned that I used EEBS as a root. I mostly made this for myself to bring a lot of the mods I use together for consistency but after seeing just how comprehensive a lot of it is, I thought it might do injustice to not release. Also I'm a programmer so I'm well aware of how the patching and texture overrides work, so I only have the texture files in the mods unless it need Lua overrides. You'd still need the original mods installed, of which I would link to ideally. "Install this before this."

For point 6, if that's you, it's actually your version of NekoLady's edits. I further patched sexbound to have different genitals for male and female. This already works and you can see it in my screenshot above if you look closely, as right now it uses skin color for the dildo color. Currently it uses the dildo from Alluring Toy Co as the female genitals, but I'm looking at upgrading that dildo to the new dick size as well as possibly making unique dildos per race.  I also gotta do the pregnant version if I plan on releasing, for completion's sake.

Overall, I just made these texture and code edits for myself, but I can also see how they'd be appealing to others. I would release the bare minimum of textures, as well as give credit and links to the original sources, as well as post what prerequisites and support a lot of this has. I don't feel strongly enough to actually try to hunt down these people to try to seek permission, it's mostly just that I think it might be nice to release the texture and code edits I've spent many a night working on. I feel like if I give proper shoutouts and links to everyone, that that should be enough to satisfy anyone, but I also don't want to cause trouble. If that's cool, I'll release after I do some more comprehensive work on it. I'm thinking about taking Cutebound's and Frackin Universe's armor updates and adapting them to EEBS, as well as making stuff like Kawaii+ outfits work during sex time. There's still plenty to do before I could actually release. As you can see my hand is basically in everyone's pots...

Also last night I started work on a new Floran design. I still gotta go through propagating those changes.

genitals.png

newfloran.png

On 10/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, CeloIncognitus said:

7. Vanilla cream support. Shadow males get big dicks and females have glowing nipples and vaginas. Penguins are untouched.

Ohh please do release these when you are ready, i'm specialy looking forward 1,2 and the other clothes one, kawaii stuff is outdated and some of the outfits are buggy, mostly notably the horsecock panties. If some author do eventually complain, you can always take them down, but i doubt that gonna happen considering a lot of the mods were abandoned for the time being, so they would probably be happy with work continuing. I would be care with touching anything from frakin universe though, since they have a beef with sexbound, i believe red have mentioned a few times. Unrelated to your work, and since i'm here, i only reading about EEBS now, but does that conflict with the current bigger bust edit? It seems to have a few more clothes added.

As for hylotl and Avian not having nipples, well...they shouldn't have tits or walking on two feet either but they do, so it makes sense to include them, it is a fantasy world after all i would honestly prefer with nipples ;3

5 hours ago, Neb1 said:

Ohh please do release these when you are ready, i'm specialy looking forward 1,2 and the other clothes one, kawaii stuff is outdated and some of the outfits are buggy, mostly notably the horsecock panties. If some author do eventually complain, you can always take them down, but i doubt that gonna happen considering a lot of the mods were abandoned for the time being, so they would probably be happy with work continuing. I would be care with touching anything from frakin universe though, since they have a beef with sexbound, i believe red have mentioned a few times. Unrelated to your work, and since i'm here, i only reading about EEBS now, but does that conflict with the current bigger bust edit? It seems to have a few more clothes added.

As for hylotl and Avian not having nipples, well...they shouldn't have tits or walking on two feet either but they do, so it makes sense to include them, it is a fantasy world after all i would honestly prefer with nipples ;3

I don't know if I'd ever get to Frackin armors. I'm more interested in bringing vanilla armor into the sex scene, if not solely as crumpled clothes on the ground. EEBS doesn't really conflict with Bigger Busts at all. Part of this though was bring EEBS together with bigger busts. I also wasn't a fan of missing nipples and vaginas, so I wound up adding those and then I just kept going and going. EEBS adds a lot of clothes, but I'm thinking of tossing EEBS clothes out somewhat and rolling my own version based on Cutebound's clothing changes.

What's wrong with the horsecock panties btw? I haven't really noticed. I can look that over next time.

With the hylotl and avians, I feel like there might be a more pleasing design then nips. They both have vags now, but I can't say I'm into birds or fish people, so it's troublesome trying to figure out something appealing that'd work and give more visual variety on the chest. I was thinking maybe some sort of scales on the hyolotl, but I dunno about the avians.  I finished the Floran as well.

I also kinda feel like I need to do a body mod for the guys to make them slightly more attractive. At least, enough so that they don't look strange compared to the ladies. Not really sure what to do there either, but I'm far more focused on the girls.

45 minutes ago, CeloIncognitus said:

I'm currently investigating a bug where items in Sexbound (an example is the Protectorate Flower) don't get dyed properly during sex. If anyone has an information on this, I would appreciate it.

Had several people using that item and never had one make such a complaint-- its worth noting that the API currently does not support custom dyes, as from Green's Dye Suite, or custom coded color items, and will only make use of colors indexed on the item itself (Vanilla variants).

31 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Had several people using that item and never had one make such a complaint-- its worth noting that the API currently does not support custom dyes, as from Green's Dye Suite, or custom coded color items, and will only make use of colors indexed on the item itself (Vanilla variants).

I used vanilla Red Dye, and these are the settings for my item. The specific colors where taken from the Panties on Kawaii+. Not really sure about this tbh. Am I doing something wrong in my color setup? It works fine outside of Sexbound.

EDIT: Just checked some apex stuff and the colors match. Also I checked every helmet I had on me colors, and they all have the coloring issue using whatever dye I threw at it. I only have vanilla dyes. I have also tried checking if the cosmetic slot had anything to do with it and no dice.

dyes.png

1 hour ago, CeloIncognitus said:

I used vanilla Red Dye, and these are the settings for my item. The specific colors where taken from the Panties on Kawaii+. Not really sure about this tbh. Am I doing something wrong in my color setup? It works fine outside of Sexbound.

EDIT: Just checked some apex stuff and the colors match. Also I checked every helmet I had on me colors, and they all have the coloring issue using whatever dye I threw at it. I only have vanilla dyes. I have also tried checking if the cosmetic slot had anything to do with it and no dice.

Just tested it on my end, both default (pink) and red dyed protectorate flowers work fine, on my end. May want to post a log and see if its a issue with some other mod, or make sure your mods are up-to-date.

53 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Just tested it on my end, both default (pink) and red dyed protectorate flowers work fine, on my end. May want to post a log and see if its a issue with some other mod, or make sure your mods are up-to-date.

Well, here's a log. I looked through it during this entire process, and no errors were reported to the logger at least. As for things being up to date, I started playing sexbound about two or three weeks ago, so nothing is particularly out of date. I'm going through checking for a conflict now.

EDIT: Ran down to core level for testing and I got it to work. Currently going through and checking mods to see what caused the conflict.

EDIT2: Found it. Would you believe it was my dildo mod? =| Now I really have to investigate this.

EDIT3: The mod I based my dildo mod on, Sexbound FutaNL for 2.9, has this error in it. I assume it's actor.lua being outdated. That's your mod, right? (Oh and about that, I was planning on having them download your mod before they install my variant which is nothing more than a .patch file and textures so please don't hurt me.)

EDIT4: I fixed the script. Colors AND futas! (Patched to be dildos in this case) You want it so you can put it into Sexbound FutaNL? If so, name your preferred method of delivery if this forum is no good.

starbound.log

56 minutes ago, CeloIncognitus said:

Well, here's a log. I looked through it during this entire process, and no errors were reported to the logger at least. As for things being up to date, I started playing sexbound about two or three weeks ago, so nothing is particularly out of date. I'm going through checking for a conflict now.

EDIT: Ran down to core level for testing and I got it to work. Currently going through and checking mods to see what caused the conflict.

EDIT2: Found it. Would you believe it was my dildo mod? =| Now I really have to investigate this.

EDIT3: The mod I based my dildo mod on, Sexbound FutaNL for 2.9, has this error in it. I assume it's actor.lua being outdated. That's your mod, right? (Oh and about that, I was planning on having them download your mod before they install my variant which is nothing more than a .patch file and textures so please don't hurt me.)

EDIT4: I fixed the script. Colors AND futas! (Patched to be dildos in this case) You want it so you can put it into Sexbound FutaNL? If so, name your preferred method of delivery if this forum is no good.

Heh, all good. Good to know i had to update Futa, i haven't even remembered i had to update that in a while-- meant to be updated every version. And no problem making derivatives off mine, nothing i should be mad about, most of them aren't even original.

8 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Heh, all good. Good to know i had to update Futa, i haven't even remembered i had to update that in a while-- meant to be updated every version. And no problem making derivatives off mine, nothing i should be mad about, most of them aren't even original.

Alright, glad it's all good. BTW I'm new around here so I don't really know the rules. Is posting related progress in here allowed or should I be making my own thread/discord for development and posting progress?

9 minutes ago, CeloIncognitus said:

Alright, glad it's all good. BTW I'm new around here so I don't really know the rules. Is posting related progress in here allowed or should I be making my own thread/discord for development and posting progress?

I don't see the problem with posting things here, as long as its forum-standard: Since we're having a conversation, we're posting separate messages. If you plan to post something new, but the last post is still yours, its best to just edit it and if you need to call the attention of someone, you can use a "@username" and it should notify them.

But i'm not staff, they can probably tell you more. I'm just here to help people whose' games catch fire when they add in 2.8.3's Futanari and such.

21 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I don't see the problem with posting things here, as long as its forum-standard: Since we're having a conversation, we're posting separate messages. If you plan to post something new, but the last post is still yours, its best to just edit it and if you need to call the attention of someone, you can use a "@username" and it should notify them.

But i'm not staff, they can probably tell you more. I'm just here to help people whose' games catch fire when they add in 2.8.3's Futanari and such.

Sounds good to me. I finished the bikini today by making it sex-enabled. The only thing I could consider doing with it is maybe some masking or see order shenanigans. The bikini is drawn on top of the dicks and dildos so it doesn't work well for non-females. Not really sure how I'd got about fixing that. I gotta hunt more.

bikini.png

36 minutes ago, CeloIncognitus said:

Sounds good to me. I finished the bikini today by making it sex-enabled. The only thing I could consider doing with it is maybe some masking or see order shenanigans. The bikini is drawn on top of the dicks and dildos so it doesn't work well for non-females. Not really sure how I'd got about fixing that. I gotta hunt more.

You can add <gender> to the path and have /male_bikkini or /female_bikkini for example, that might help. And the idea of underwear/undergarments being pulled to the side for males was talked about before, since yeah, pants will overlap and look silly/ out of place. There isn't much we can't do that wouldn't just break the layers in another way (And make condoms as they are not work properly).

11 hours ago, CeloIncognitus said:

I don't know if I'd ever get to Frackin armors. I'm more interested in bringing vanilla armor into the sex scene, if not solely as crumpled clothes on the ground. EEBS doesn't really conflict with Bigger Busts at all. Part of this though was bring EEBS together with bigger busts. I also wasn't a fan of missing nipples and vaginas, so I wound up adding those and then I just kept going and going. EEBS adds a lot of clothes, but I'm thinking of tossing EEBS clothes out somewhat and rolling my own version based on Cutebound's clothing changes.

What's wrong with the horsecock panties btw? I haven't really noticed. I can look that over next time.

With the hylotl and avians, I feel like there might be a more pleasing design then nips. They both have vags now, but I can't say I'm into birds or fish people, so it's troublesome trying to figure out something appealing that'd work and give more visual variety on the chest. I was thinking maybe some sort of scales on the hyolotl, but I dunno about the avians.  I finished the Floran as well.

I also kinda feel like I need to do a body mod for the guys to make them slightly more attractive. At least, enough so that they don't look strange compared to the ladies. Not really sure what to do there either, but I'm far more focused on the girls.

I would appreciate some body models for guys that look trappy,maybe twinkie or femine like?

Scales for hylotl is an amazing idea actually...They do have quite a vast range of fish like qualities. For avians i suppose ti makes sense for their nipples to be hidden between the feathers? Or maybe a tuft/little feather bump?

As for the horsecock panty, i'm referring to the kawaii one. Let me see if i can find my old post about it, my log on what's wrong should be there too. Thank you very much for sharing your work/working on this, you and red along with all others are doing god's work and i'm really happy with everything we have so far!

On 10/6/2019 at 3:50 AM, red3dred said:

You can add <gender> to the path and have /male_bikkini or /female_bikkini for example, that might help. And the idea of underwear/undergarments being pulled to the side for males was talked about before, since yeah, pants will overlap and look silly/ out of place. There isn't much we can't do that wouldn't just break the layers in another way (And make condoms as they are not work properly).

Right, I was thinking about that, but I was hoping there'd be something to mask away. In its current state that doesn't seem to be all that feasible, but I could easily see adding a variable to sexboundConfig that is like "drawundergroin" that would affect the Z order of things in a way that should not break anything. I don't see it as reasonable to have to do a subtractive mask in some image program for males when a very simple code change should do it. I'll look into it sometime. That said I do have to make a male version of the top anyways in both normal and sex, as strange as that sounds. I'm very much a completionist when it comes to that. I'm just not going to make pregnant variants atm. That reminds me that I also need to split the female mannequin out into its own thing so you can still show off clothes if you play a male that runs around with a bunch of females in your crew.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:58 AM, Neb1 said:

I would appreciate some body models for guys that look trappy,maybe twinkie or femine like?

Scales for hylotl is an amazing idea actually...They do have quite a vast range of fish like qualities. For avians i suppose ti makes sense for their nipples to be hidden between the feathers? Or maybe a tuft/little feather bump?

As for the horsecock panty, i'm referring to the kawaii one. Let me see if i can find my old post about it, my log on what's wrong should be there too. Thank you very much for sharing your work/working on this, you and red along with all others are doing god's work and i'm really happy with everything we have so far!

The trappy thing seems to go to the opposite end of what I was thinking. Bodywise, they kinda seem a little bit trappy already in comparison to all the big tiddy anime girls, so I feel your request is already mostly that. I was thinking about increasing muscle mass slightly (not like that OTHER mod, good lord) so the guys would look a bit more generally attractive. Of course, I also plan on splitting my mod stuff up in case you wouldn't want that.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with the avians and hyolotl. So far, humans have nips, apex have nips, florans have nips (colored to flower color), glitch have nips (but they're made out of sex doll-like material. You can also see that in the fact that their dongs look like dildos), novakids DON'T have visible genitals due to being a mass of energy. That just leaves the hyolotl and avians to mess with. Gotta figure out some appealing designs for that, but I've been wanting to work on clothes this week instead of bodies. I'm trying to respect lore here and try to make the nude bodies interesting at the same time. :P

On the matter of the horsecock... Well, I'll let you know that for now, you can melee attack  invisible (and visible!)sex nodes to bring the characters out of sex. I do recall seeing some of that when I was messing with the horsecock a bit, but I thought that was core Sexbound. I'll look over the files soon. I didn't get around to them last night with how long it took to figure out the color problem, as well as the fact that that bikini took forever to make sex compatible.

You don't have to thank me for working on this btw. I'm nothing more than a game dev with too much power modding a game to his whims, that's all.

EDIT 1: I have isolated and found the bug with horsecock in Kawaii+. Fixing now. I'll go through and fix a lot of these and then upload a patch later tonight I guess.

EDIT 2: Horsecock stockings fixed. Preparing for a release~

EDIT 3: Fixes released. I sent them a message about it on here. Also I did not test it at length, but they had the same problems throughout. Everything SHOULD be good, but if it's not, let me know.

EDIT 4: Speaking of Kawaii+, I went through and sex-enabled the gloves and stockings today. Honestly it does a lot for items to persist into the sex scene, especially stuff like that.

EDIT 5: I made a discord for helping to communicate with the public. You can access it here. https://discord.gg/9s58RWx

EDIT 6: Released Auto Dildos.

horsecock.png

glovesstockings.png

How does one go about adding and enabling Male moan sound effects? Iv'e tried to do it myself by editing the Moan config but when I do the charters  are invisible during sex.  It gets solved if I use the default Moan config though. Is it the name of the files or something? Any help would be appreciated. 

moan.config

image.png.27a2467a931ac77c0a5ab506ca7adf08.pngimage.png.7c491301d1306fac57df9b32d64da229.png

12 minutes ago, coctits said:

How does one go about adding and enabling Male moan sound effects? Iv'e tried to do it myself by editing the Moan config and Lua but when I do the charters  are invisible during sex.  It gets solved if I use the default Moan config and Lua though. Is it the name of the files or something? Any help would be appreciated. 

moan.config 1.99 kB · 0 downloads moan.lua 4.38 kB · 0 downloads

I did a quick look at moan.config. Just fill up male like how female is. No lua editting should be required. I'm interested in this depending on what the clips are, so I could help with it.

17 minutes ago, coctits said:

How does one go about adding and enabling Male moan sound effects? Iv'e tried to do it myself by editing the Moan config but when I do the charters  are invisible during sex.  It gets solved if I use the default Moan config though. Is it the name of the files or something? Any help would be appreciated.

You're missing commas between entries like in the female moans. Also, heads up, not all .wav files are supported by Starbound, something about bit-rate? Well, you won't know which work and which don't if you can't test it, so, get those commas and good luck lol

4 minutes ago, red3dred said:

You're missing commas between entries like in the female moans. Also, heads up, not all .wav files are supported by Starbound, something about bit-rate? Well, you won't know which work and which don't if you can't test it, so, get those commas and good luck lol

Ah ok thanks

Edit: Yup that worked, thanks!

34 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Just googled it. Starbound uses 44,100hz wav as its standard (normal for games). It also seems like they must be mono (not so normal.) A quick round in Audacity will fix audio clips that aren't supported.

EDIT: Turns out I was reading the wrong thing. Starbound servers have the audio options in them. By default it supports 44,100 hz stereo wav. Sorry about the wrong info.

8 hours ago, TheMildlyAshamed said:

I tried to edit some of the animations but then i realized i couldn't relocate where the head was. (or couldn't figure it out.)
Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? (not sure if this is the right location to ask)

The heads and every such animation data is found within the animation file.

/artwork/humanoid/twoactors.animation

There you'll see all the values referring to the animation, with exception of the UI ones.