9 hours ago, Skellyjelly said:

I'm not sure if anyone's found this yet, but as a heads up; Sexbound UNPAK is no longer compatible with FU or its servicing mods. Pak version works fine, if anyone has an explanation as to why that is, it would be appreciated. 

I'm using the unpak version with FU and everything still works the same. Hit us up with some logs when you can.

5 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

I'm not sure how this happens but for some reason, version 2.9 seems to despawn Esther Bright as well as pretty much all NPC's in the ark. I downloaded version 2.8 and, once going through another quick run to get to the ark on a new save/character (previous attempt on 2.9 failed) and not only did she spawn correctly but the NPC's came back. any idea on how this bug occurred?

EDIT:

Okay I think I found which mod it was that was causing Esther and the ark NPC's to fail at spawning. the mod "Naturally Horny" as of right now is broken with version 2.9 of the APi. Just a quick heads up for some peeps.

I just did a quick run through the ark and everything seemed fine on my end, all the wandering npcs spawned along with all of the static ones.

Here's my mod list for reference.

modlist.png

10 hours ago, Skellyjelly said:

I'm not sure if anyone's found this yet, but as a heads up; Sexbound UNPAK is no longer compatible with FU or its servicing mods. Pak version works fine, if anyone has an explanation as to why that is, it would be appreciated. 

I'm not sure why that'd be, since the unpak and pak should be identical. If you didn't install the unpak correctly, that'd be an issue, but you'd probably have a lot more problems than just FU not working.

As AC mentioned, attach the starbound log from your storage folder (it doesn't have an extension, and appears as a txt file). It's the most up-to-date file, so attach it after running Starbound once with the unpak installed.

Unfortunately, due to author of FU's dislike of Sexbound, no real effort will be made to make sure they're compatible. If they do work, neat, but no promises. I know that's not what you asked, but I figured it wouldn't hurt mentioning it.

6 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

EDIT:

Okay I think I found which mod it was that was causing Esther and the ark NPC's to fail at spawning. the mod "Naturally Horny" as of right now is broken with version 2.9 of the APi. Just a quick heads up for some peeps.

I'm running v2.9.0, along with the current Naturally Horny mod, and I haven't had any issues with Esther or the ark NPC's spawning. You sure you're running the most recent Naturally Horny mod? "Sexbound_NaturallyHorny_Locced"?

2 hours ago, darkblane257 said:

Did I see 4 ways!?  ?

Sort of...the interface of Sexbound was updated to support 1-4 actors in animations for Sexbound v2.9.0. No animations with 1, 3 or 4 actors have been made yet, and as far as I can tell, the 3rd and 4th actors haven't been implemented yet. Features soon to come, hopefully.

..also, when you quote someone, it's generally a good idea not to put your own comment within the comment you're quoting. It can make things confusing, haha. Good job removing all the irrelevant text in the quote, though.

9 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

Oh, i'll have to take a good look at that.

Hi, Got a bit of an issue, just updated and the npc's vanish, ya know like they just blinked out of existence, great for the fps boost but not to sure if i fudged up here, removed the loungable patch and installed the latest version, no go i'm afraid.

sorry to bug you with this menial post.

Edit.......typical dumb me didn't check other posts..............so sorry

5 hours ago, Middle_aged_dragon said:

Hi, Got a bit of an issue, just updated and the npc's vanish, ya know like they just blinked out of existence, great for the fps boost but not to sure if i fudged up here, removed the loungable patch and installed the latest version, no go i'm afraid.

sorry to bug you with this menial post.

Edit.......typical dumb me didn't check other posts..............so sorry

Your issue sounds like a NPC script internal crash, not usual with just SxB and such... Feel free to attach your starbound.log (Text file) as a response so we can seek out some scraps of answers as to why that is.

As a word of advice, certain mods with poor patching cause issues with NPC's, for one, the "Space Police" mod does so, so that may help narrow down the culprit, if not a faulty install of the Unpak version, which is the most common issue.

18 hours ago, red3dred said:

Your issue sounds like a NPC script internal crash, not usual with just SxB and such... Feel free to attach your starbound.log (Text file) as a response so we can seek out some scraps of answers as to why that is.

As a word of advice, certain mods with poor patching cause issues with NPC's, for one, the "Space Police" mod does so, so that may help narrow down the culprit, if not a faulty install of the Unpak version, which is the most common issue.

Hi again, will look into the logs to check and on a sidenote i don't use unpacked mods, thank you for taking the time to reply ^_^

4 hours ago, Drafy said:

the sex wheel dosent do anything iv been trying for almost 3 hours now to make the mod work any idea how to make the mod work in the firts place ?

I had this issue because i mistakenly put something in the mod folder that was supposed to go into the .unpak version of the mod, you may have done the same, i'd double check to be sure

17 hours ago, Drafy said:

the sex wheel dosent do anything iv been trying for almost 3 hours now to make the mod work any idea how to make the mod work in the firts place ?

Have you gotten any other mods to work? You haven't really specified what it's doing or not doing, so I can't really offer any advice. You can attach some of your starbound log files here in a post, from your Starbound/storage folder, and that can provide additional information for us to help.

13 hours ago, AntareAcrabe said:

I had this issue because i mistakenly put something in the mod folder that was supposed to go into the .unpak version of the mod, you may have done the same, i'd double check to be sure

...wait, what? You put something "in" the .unpak? Aside from editing the config files, you should never have to do anything else with an .unpak. It goes into your mod folder and... that's it. All mods should be kept separate, in their own folders/paks, within the mod folder.

If you're having issue's with other mods, and combining seems to fix it, it's highly likely a priority issue (or you're not installing them correctly). Each mod will contain a "_metadata" file, and in it is a "priority" setting. Some _metadata files don't set the priority, which defaults it to zero.

You can look in the Sexbound_API mod folder to see an example of it, in which case the priority is set to "-69". If a _metadata file is missing the priority setting, you can simply add it, in the same way it looks in the Sexbound_API's _metadata file. The order in which mods are executed, goes from the lowest number to the highest number. Sexbound race support mods for example with always have a higher number for priority than the race mods, since they need to be executed afterwards to overwrite certain files.

Yes, you certainly can copy the contents from a mod, and paste them into another .unpak (like the Sexbound_API unpak) within the mod folder, but it's going to get messy...and will likely result in having to clean out the mod folder and reinstall everything at some point.

Edit: I realize that I may have jumped the gun a bit here, since some "mods" weren't made as...mods, as much as just files with png's and other files in them (a mod being a folder/pak that's put directly into the mod folder). Realistically, as long as you set the folders up correctly and set the priority setting the right way, as I was assuming in my comment here...you shouldn't ever have to copy/paste mod files into another mod. But...not everyone knows how to do that. Heck...some people have even copied Sexbound in it's entirety, since they didn't know folder structure and priority.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:23 AM, Ranot said:

Have you gotten any other mods to work? You haven't really specified what it's doing or not doing, so I can't really offer any advice. You can attach some of your starbound log files here in a post, from your Starbound/storage folder, and that can provide additional information for us to help.

...wait, what? You put something "in" the .unpak? Aside from editing the config files, you should never have to do anything else with an .unpak. It goes into your mod folder and... that's it. All mods should be kept separate, in their own folders/paks, within the mod folder.

If you're having issue's with other mods, and combining seems to fix it, it's highly likely a priority issue (or you're not installing them correctly). Each mod will contain a "_metadata" file, and in it is a "priority" setting. Some _metadata files don't set the priority, which defaults it to zero.

You can look in the Sexbound_API mod folder to see an example of it, in which case the priority is set to "-69". If a _metadata file is missing the priority setting, you can simply add it, in the same way it looks in the Sexbound_API's _metadata file. The order in which mods are executed, goes from the lowest number to the highest number. Sexbound race support mods for example with always have a higher number for priority than the race mods, since they need to be executed afterwards to overwrite certain files.

Yes, you certainly can copy the contents from a mod, and paste them into another .unpak (like the Sexbound_API unpak) within the mod folder, but it's going to get messy...and will likely result in having to clean out the mod folder and reinstall everything at some point.

Edit: I realize that I may have jumped the gun a bit here, since some "mods" weren't made as...mods, as much as just files with png's and other files in them (a mod being a folder/pak that's put directly into the mod folder). Realistically, as long as you set the folders up correctly and set the priority setting the right way, as I was assuming in my comment here...you shouldn't ever have to copy/paste mod files into another mod. But...not everyone knows how to do that. Heck...some people have even copied Sexbound in it's entirety, since they didn't know folder structure and priority.

Yeah it was specifically posted as going into the .unpak and i forgot it was in the files i put in the mod folder, SO it ended up glitching out, removing it from the mod folder ceased the issue i had. it was a mod addon i realized i didn't need to begin with.

Issue report:

starbound ver: 1.3.4

sexbound wont work properly, like if the orgasm function runs, the animation breaks

the first error comes from the game is from climax.lua (spawnParticles()), error is about not finding the location, same with the other errors when i had bypassed that function (commenting the things in that fuction)

5 hours ago, mew_lad said:

Issue report:

starbound ver: 1.3.4

sexbound wont work properly, like if the orgasm function runs, the animation breaks

the first error comes from the game is from climax.lua (spawnParticles()), error is about not finding the location, same with the other errors when i had bypassed that function (commenting the things in that fuction)

Well...if you're commenting things out, especially without understanding what they're doing, you're naturally going to get more errors. Since you're savvy enough to know how to do that though, why not fix the problem directly?

If it's a location error, just follow the location it's giving you, and see why the file isn't there. For an issue like this, it's generally due to a failed installation. The files are all present and where they need to be by default, as long as the mod was installed correctly, so failing to find a files location or it's functions shouldn't be a problem. Since you're messing with the files, you must be using the .unpak, try using the .pak instead if only to see if it works.

10 hours ago, Ranot said:

Well...if you're commenting things out, especially without understanding what they're doing, you're naturally going to get more errors. Since you're savvy enough to know how to do that though, why not fix the problem directly?

If it's a location error, just follow the location it's giving you, and see why the file isn't there. For an issue like this, it's generally due to a failed installation. The files are all present and where they need to be by default, as long as the mod was installed correctly, so failing to find a files location or it's functions shouldn't be a problem. Since you're messing with the files, you must be using the .unpak, try using the .pak instead if only to see if it works.

It isn't a "location error" it's the sb::map() get function that is causing errors (lazy devs, should just made it return nil if it breaks)

17 hours ago, mew_lad said:

the first error is about not finding the location, same with the other errors when i had bypassed that function (commenting the things in that fuction)

46 minutes ago, mew_lad said:

It isn't a "location error" it's the sb::map() get function that is causing errors (lazy devs, should just made it return nil if it breaks)

If it's not a "location error"...why did you say it was?

I don't know what mods, or anything else that you have installed are, but Starbound and Sexbound don't have the issue that you're describing on their own. Also...returning nil wouldn't have fixed anything, it'd be broken either way.

4 hours ago, LIMENZ said:

Yeh i have patience just worried this mod goes abandoned, its pretty underrated too in end, i think the devs need more love

The mod was updated not that long ago, v2.9.0 is still pretty new. And that update was actually pretty massive, though to standard user's it may not look like much changed. A lot of the groundwork for stuff in the future was set-up, but we may have to wait until the next update to know how to use it. Seems a little silly to think it'll go abandoned since I don't think it's even been a couple weeks since the update yet.

I do agree though, this mod is largely underrated. There's a reason why mods like this don't generally exist, and it's not because of the sex aspect. Trying to put something like this together is a massive undertaking, and far more challenging than people realize until they attempt to do it themselves. There's a pretty big difference between coding and putting a game together yourself, and putting together a game using tools and a game structure that already exists. There's a lot of limitations and workarounds that you have to figure out, and having looked through Sexbound's code quite a bit...it's darn impressive.

Lol this will not get abandoned unless something happens to Loc, he already had to dissapear once thanks to a bunch of soccermoms armed with pitchforks and torches, I dont think he will ever disapear for good, at least util this is finished, also new patch nao hahaha

aphrodites bow questline gets broken by the mod "FUztarbound S.A.I.L. Modded Race Support" in such a way you can not finish it. i mean the altar gets bricked - the sexbound interaction is broken. no errors are inside the log file and it is definitely the mod's fault - i have tested it multiple times to make sure (i am sure 1 hour is enough).