Devious devices bug

So I was play with ab on lal Addon to start as a slave. When I did this it loaded everything correctly, except for me, most of my body had disappeared and just my harness and gag along with my head disappeared, similar to a glitch I've been dealing with involving presets and most of the body below the neck turns neon pink/blue/purple

(This was typed on a phone cut me some slack)

For invisible devious devices: have you built the devices in bodyslide? Most of the meshes won't exist until you build them, and if they replace the body (or parts of it) and you have no mesh then you will see parts of your character vanish when the devices are equipped.

When you get bright purple textures that means you don't have a texture the game is looking for. With presets in racemenu the most common cause of this is that the preset has a skin overlay set that you don't have installed. Try going through the body/face/hands/feet overlays and setting any you see (such as tattoos or freckles) to "default" or change the colours to transparent and see if that fixes the problem.

5 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

For invisible devious devices: have you built the devices in bodyslide? Most of the meshes won't exist until you build them, and if they replace the body (or parts of it) and you have no mesh then you will see parts of your character vanish when the devices are equipped.

When you get bright purple textures that means you don't have a texture the game is looking for. With presets in racemenu the most common cause of this is that the preset has a skin overlay set that you don't have installed. Try going through the body/face/hands/feet overlays and setting any you see (such as tattoos or freckles) to "default" or change the colours to transparent and see if that fixes the problem.

how would i build the meshes? do have a video or something you can show me

On 11/21/2018 at 12:44 PM, kodamant said:

how would i build the meshes? do have a video or something you can show me

Do I have to use batch build for all item in the drop down menu of outfit/body? I'm using Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition if that matters. For preset I been trying CBBE curvy. I been trying for a few days now and I haven't made any changes. Nothing new works and nothing else has broken from me trying.

skyrim bodyslide.png

You don't want to build every single item after another. You want to build them all at once, that's what the "batch build" button is for. You already chose the group, for any possible double entry bodyslide will complain and you'll have to check the one you want. Usually with or without HDT.

Don't forget to check "build morphs", at least if you want any morphs that happen ingame take place (like pregnancy, or bigger butt/breasts feature of cursed loot, or any of the other few hundred morphs done by mods later).

5 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

You don't want to build every single item after another. You want to build them all at once, that's what the "batch build" button is for. You already chose the group, for any possible double entry bodyslide will complain and you'll have to check the one you want. Usually with or without HDT.

Don't forget to check "build morphs", at least if you want any morphs that happen ingame take place (like pregnancy, or bigger butt/breasts feature of cursed loot, or any of the other few hundred morphs done by mods later).

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that, both with and without HDT and both with morphs and without. I tried every combo of these setting that I could think of. (HDT with morphs, HDT w/out morphs, and so on) If I may ask a follow up, what about groups? pick one? do all (one at a time or is it ok to select all at once) oh yeah is DD really picky about where it is in the load order?

58 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

You may chose more than one group but if numbers get too high, bodyslide might fail to process them all. I don't think DD is picky about load order, but i always let Loot chose that. Maybe you should explain what exactly goes wrong.

Most of devious devices are invisible and most will make that part of my character invisible too. Everything with ebonite make character invisible. Any cuff (arm or leg) is invisible. collars work but restrictive doesn't. All chastity gear is invisible. Body harness make character invisible. all plug seem to work perfect. none of the nipple clamps shows. Yokes the few that I gotten works, and so on. I tried various sets for "output set"(3rd pic). Everything I try make no changes to what devices work and what ones don't. i did try using loot just in case. I tried a few fresh install of skyrim, and many, many new games.

skyrim 1.png

skyrim 2.png

skyrim 3.png

skyrim 4.png

It could be a problem outside the Bodyslide too, especially sounds like that if you tried all combos. I've never played with Cosio but it sounds like it's an alternative CBBE HDT so it should be fine. Regarding HDT you must have XPMSE skeleton (i think it was 115 bones listed in FNIS) and latest version of hdtExtension. It is very important that you check version of both mods, and that no other mod has overridden the skeleton.

Other than that, could come down to broken installation of the mods. I don't know which mod manager you are using, but i keep on recommending MO2. Everything is so neatly organized and isolated from eachother. Once you know how it works it's difficult to do anything wrong.

I have some ideas, might depend on which mod manager you use. In case it's MO, press ctrl when you click at batch build and make sure to chose an appropiate output folder. You even can create a new folder then and chose that for output, then you need to refresh MO and enable it as new mod.

Then, some items are missing in the groups i think, check the "unassigned" group and build everything you want there too.

Third: i have a strange problem with DD items too. Good news is that i have a workaround, problem is that it doesn't make any sense and i feel like my head is exploding if i think about it too much. And i have no clue how to do that with any other tool than MO, but if you're using it and nothing else helps, try this:

- create a new folder in MO/mods, i've called mine DD useless

- copy meshes folder from DDx into that new mod 

- copy meshes folder from DDi into that new mod

- move that new mod so that it overwrites DDi and DDx. Not sure if necessary but just in case, run bodyslide again and let it overwrite your "useless" mod

- try if this works and if everything else works, in my case i had to do the same with the sounds folder to get the DD sounds. You also might need to rerun FNIS.

Imho this doesn't make any fucking sense, it's just a friggin 1:1 copy of folders that are already there and don't work, it contradicts everything i know about how MO, Skyrim and computers work, but somehow it magically fixes it anyways. Like i said, i can't think too much about it... I'm afraid if my head doesn't explode, the universe might.

6 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Too complicated... I just make a new folder for overwrite and let FNIS and Bodyslide use it. Ever once in a while i move everything from actual Overwrite\ into the Overwrite_Devious_play_profile\, so all DCL configs and stuff get moved in there too. Then they are isolated even when i do swap to other profile. I mean then even if i switch to pure vanilla Skyrim profile i don't need to re-run FNIS or anything, things just work. Love MO2...

mo2_overwrite.jpg.997c626c7945fa616e32296a403b1a2a.jpg

13 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

I have some ideas, might depend on which mod manager you use. In case it's MO, press ctrl when you click at batch build and make sure to chose an appropiate output folder. You even can create a new folder then and chose that for output, then you need to refresh MO and enable it as new mod.

Then, some items are missing in the groups i think, check the "unassigned" group and build everything you want there too.

Third: i have a strange problem with DD items too. Good news is that i have a workaround, problem is that it doesn't make any sense and i feel like my head is exploding if i think about it too much. And i have no clue how to do that with any other tool than MO, but if you're using it and nothing else helps, try this:

- create a new folder in MO/mods, i've called mine DD useless

- copy meshes folder from DDx into that new mod 

- copy meshes folder from DDi into that new mod

- move that new mod so that it overwrites DDi and DDx. Not sure if necessary but just in case, run bodyslide again and let it overwrite your "useless" mod

- try if this works and if everything else works, in my case i had to do the same with the sounds folder to get the DD sounds. You also might need to rerun FNIS.

Imho this doesn't make any fucking sense, it's just a friggin 1:1 copy of folders that are already there and don't work, it contradicts everything i know about how MO, Skyrim and computers work, but somehow it magically fixes it anyways. Like i said, i can't think too much about it... I'm afraid if my head doesn't explode, the universe might.

OMG that worked. Thank you!!! making a new folder then choosing that for the output.

Add up to previous one. 

I'm using NMM

I have tried to unistall DDX, DDA, and DDi and reinstall. but it didn't work.

BTW. what is a mesh folder? 

Is it the folder that contain all the things?

Should i copy folder of DDX, DDA, adn DDi into a new folder and make it .7zip form and use NMM to add it as 1 mod?

Ok, trying to get things straight: If your body becomes invisible, it's likely that your problem is different to mine but i'm not 100% sure.

So first, make sure your ouput from bodyslide is done properly (i.e without BS throwing errors), then make sure the output is actually installed. I have no clue how to do that with NMM.

If you're sure you did everything right here and it somehow still doesn't work, you may try my dirty workaround. The meshes folders are the folders called "meshes" within DDx and DDi. In MO i can open any mod seperatly in the windows explorer and check which folders they contain, and do whatever Windows allows me to do with folders in general. Again - i have no clue how to do that with NMM or if it's even possible at all.

the "no image" could just mean the textures wasn't loaded. Let's first try changing some settings, shown in the pic. Turn on all textures and meshes. I wasn't able to show all in one pic. P.S. check build morphs if you have mods that will change your character's body sizes, like pregnancy mods.

236694444_skyrim1.png.6792b5d3c46b6187ae5ea94c3e3248d2.png1993393567_skyrim2.png.d51fdc7990f5442591a8cea7823d4090.png

On 11/29/2018 at 3:35 AM, rangiuslan said:

Add up to previous one. 

I'm using NMM

I have tried to unistall DDX, DDA, and DDi and reinstall. but it didn't work.

BTW. what is a mesh folder? 

Is it the folder that contain all the things?

Should i copy folder of DDX, DDA, adn DDi into a new folder and make it .7zip form and use NMM to add it as 1 mod?

Basically ,if i remember right, mesh is the actually 3d object while texture is the color applied to the 3d object. Meshes is a big part, but you will need everything for it to work right.  Also did you launch the FNIS and body slide from NMM or manuelly find them? Can you post a pic of your NMM? It helps to double check if you got the right required files, and the right version of them.

1397888017_skyrimNMM2.png.8c792ec035f7408b5d8a3037b6de60a9.png

" So first, make sure your ouput from bodyslide is done properly (i.e without BS throwing errors), then make sure the output is actually installed. I have no clue how to do that with NMM. " We try that next if everything looks right in NMM.

• 6 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, Fatterrocker said:

Hi I know this is late but can someone help me with DD Cursed loot it make my character invisible when wearing the thing and when i open in bodyslide all of the DCL was UUNP even though i select

CBBE HDT when i installing DCL

Anyway to change it to CBBE ?

image.png.136c9c62ad85f1e44464878f4795f282.png

what you would do mostl likely is to go to your selected body preset, check build morphs, and batch build, then change all the DD bodyslide files from hdt to whatever the other choice is i forget. it may take awhile but it will work

• 4 weeks later...

helllo, me my issue is that item like soul gem plug and such are not load i get a red diamond box  i have use body slider mult time,, as well as fresh install of everything, 

load order is as follow

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     ApachiiHair.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  8  8     SexLab.esm
  9  9     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 10  a     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 11  b     SexLabAroused.esm
 12  c     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 14  e     HentaiPregnancy.esm
 15  f     daymoyl.esm
 16 10     Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm
 17 11     SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm
 18 12     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
 19 13     lockpicksweetspot.esp
 20 14     SkyUI.esp
 21 15     SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
 22 16     XPMSE.esp
 23 17     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 24 18     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 25 19     FNIS.esp
 26 1a     RaceMenu.esp
 27 1b     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 28 1c     NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp
 29 1d     Jugs.esp
 30 1e     SlaveTats.esp
 31 1f     SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
 32 20     SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
 33 21     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
 34 22     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
 35 23     SOS - Phygnos Default Addon.esp
 36 24     MilkModNEW.esp
 37 25     MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
 38 26     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 39 27     OBIS.esp
 40 28     OBISDB.esp
           FtM_3 - OBIS + CCOR.esp
 41 29     FtM_3 - OBIS.esp
           FtM_3.esp
           FtM_3 - CCOR.esp
 42 2a     DeadlyMutilation.esp
 43 2b     DeviousTraining.esp
 44 2c     SOS - ERF Horse Penis CBBE - Addon.esp
 45 2d     hydra_slavegirls.esp
 46 2e     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
 47 2f     LewdMarks.esp
 48 30     MilkModNEW Sanbox.esp
 49 31     MilkModNEW ZaZ Sanbox.esp
 50 32     SexLab-Stories.esp
 51 33     sanguinesDebauchery.esp
 52 34     SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
 53 35     SimpleSlavery.esp
 54 36     Slaverun_Reloaded.esp
 55 37     bac.esp
 56 38     BrandingDeviceOfDoom.esp
 57 39     FallOfTheDragonborn.esp
 58 3a     DeviousAttributes.esp
 59 3b     dvmb.esp
 60 3c     Farah.esp
 61 3d     SexLabDefeat.esp
 62 3e     The Dungeon.esp
 63 3f     SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
 64 40     SOS Equipable Schlong.esp
 65 41     zzzSXP.esp
 66 42     VivisCockcage.esp
 67 43     CLS.esp
 68 44     SL_Kidnapped_Redux.esp
 69 45     SD Addons.esp
 70 46     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 71 47     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 72 48     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 73 49     ccas_starts.esp

the red box is a soulgem greater pussy pllug and one one the char should be a belt,

20190718072045_1.jpg

20190718072059_1.jpg

20190718072053_1.jpg

20190718074528_1.jpg

20190718074528_2.jpg

20190718074526_1.jpg

4 hours ago, bimbochoas said:

helllo, me my issue is that item like soul gem plug and such are not load i get a red diamond box  i have use body slider mult time,, as well as fresh install of everything, 

Maybe something about how you launch Bodyslide or where its folder is set. This is my startup from MO2 (for Legendary Edition):

bodyslide_path.png.3eaba19292aae7ddb2e8197b7e2ccaa5.png

Archived