[mod] Dark World Extras

Yes, that's good to know, and thank you for the response!

But, will DWExtras ever be more polished than it is now?

There are a lot of cool features that are still in there and are not being used in the current state of the mod like "procreo" and the "Harley" events etc.

I wonder if is possible for you to merge the entire mod into DWFantasy, with permitions of course.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Yes, that's good to know, and thank you for the response!

But, will DWExtras ever be more polished than it is now?

There are a lot of cool features that are still in there and are not being used in the current state of the mod like "procreo" and the "Harley" events etc.

I wonder if is possible for you to merge the entire mod into DWFantasy, with permitions of course.

Thanks!

Merging the mod is definitely not something I'm planning. The main reason I merged Serpent Expansion was that there were little to no updates on that mod and it needed some love. DW:E's development is still active.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, Siatru said:

Is there a way to turn off the unpreventable random rape on a female ruler staying in a castle without turning the rest of the rape content off?

events\DWT_rape_events.txt

in line 2993 remove the 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, Drax70 said:

Hey @Aliris, any updates on the mod or you got tired with it and it will remain as is?

DW Fantacy is moving fast-forward and, I think, at a point, this mod will become outdated and buggy..

Thanks..!

I'm planning to poke around with it this weekend, as it's something more of a bigger revamp than Beyond Heresy. But yes, it's planned.

9 hours ago, Aliris said:

I'm planning to poke around with it this weekend, as it's something more of a bigger revamp than Beyond Heresy. But yes, it's planned.

Excellent!!!

Keep up the great work! Inner and mental strength to you friend!!!???

Thanks!!!

The chance for a random rapist event should be massively decreased. I went for an angelic walkthrough and my angel-empress (that slaughtered mightiests warlords of Europe on the battlefield) was raped ten times in her bedroom without putting a tiniest defence. Two times by her son-in-laws, once by a son, and three times by her friends that remained friends after that. 

I mean, come on xD 

4 hours ago, Mirrond said:

The chance for a random rapist event should be massively decreased. I went for an angelic walkthrough and my angel-empress (that slaughtered mightiests warlords of Europe on the battlefield) was raped ten times in her bedroom without putting a tiniest defence. Two times by her son-in-laws, once by a son, and three times by her friends that remained friends after that. 

I mean, come on xD 

Yeah, this event isn't working properly for me at the moment, on a number of levels. For one it no longer seems to be recording who the rapist actually is (Note that the person you "find" to be the culprit isn't necessarily the right one, that was by design).

I think I'm just going to disable the event in the production version for now until I can get it properly working.

Just to note, I've finished most of the DWE compatibility updates for DWF 2.0, but I need to test them in a few games before I update (and also to make sure the 3.1 game update didn't break anything). ETA is probably this weekend.

33 minutes ago, Ryderflyer said:

Will great works have any unique content added? and will female rulers get siege events added back again? 

I'll probably look at that once I make sure nothing is broken. I do eventually want to have the siege capture events for everyone, but I don't have any ETA on when that will be.

Okay, looks like things are at least running smoothly, with no massive errors, so I'm going to go ahead and upload v1.0. Note that there's potentially other unfixed issues, but this way you can at least use the mod along with the DWF 2.0 framework now, in the meantime.

Hiya

Are there any plans to add more events besides the rape ones, I would like to see more basic ones. Sooo like oral giving and receiving to your loved one or someone that really likes you. An event like sneaking into someone's chambers rape or they give it up to you and enjoy it. Yea I know perv alert lol, thank you keep up the good work

4 hours ago, !ForSaken! said:

Hiya

Are there any plans to add more events besides the rape ones, I would like to see more basic ones. Sooo like oral giving and receiving to your loved one or someone that really likes you. An event like sneaking into someone's chambers rape or they give it up to you and enjoy it. Yea I know perv alert lol, thank you keep up the good work

I have added a lot of varied things, though I do have a few other sexy things in mind that I'm going to look at adding specifically to the bi-annual random event chance, such as:

-An encounter with a maid in the castle that you can interact with, and possibly keep as a lover/informant.

-An encounter with a guard in the castle that you can interact with, and possibly keep as a lover/bodyguard.

(Sort of like a much expanded version of the Seduction focus events)

I'd also like to have some sort of opportunity to stage an orgy, though I'm not really sure what that would take the form of (whether you'd plan it and invite it, or there'd just be an impromptu one somehow).

I also intend to rework the rape/investigation event into something more along the lines of "a rapist is loose in your court" and you have to try and investigate and hunt them down, but as a much more rare event chain (that is, the sort that might only crop up a few times over the course of a 7 century game). It also wouldn't necessarily have your character as a victim, though there'd be a chance, depending on various things, etc.

Hi, i'm trying to reintegrate DW and this new version of Toska into my game.

Because of that i'm currently comparing these files with those of the last version of the original Toska version, to get a feeling for the changes made, when i came across an oddity/possible bug in "events/DWT_rape_events.txt".

It is part of the prestige/piety losses that happen due to getting raped. If i misinterpreted the code i apologize for the inconvenience.

The bolded part at the bottom is what i find confusing.

Spoiler

event_target:is_rape_victim = {
            prestige = -15
            piety = -5
            # Piss off their entire dynasty, too:
            if = {
                limit = {
                        NOT = { dynasty = event_target:is_rapist }
                    }
                }
                liege = {                                    # Piss off their liege (a little):
                    opinion = {
                        modifier = opinion_raped_subject
                        who = event_target:is_rapist
                    }
                    prestige = -1
                    piety = -2
                }
                any_dynasty_member = {
                    limit = { NOT = { character = event_target:is_rape_victim } }
                    opinion = {
                        modifier = opinion_raped_family
                    }
                    prestige = -5
                    piety = -3
                }
                spouse = {
                    opinion = {
                        modifier = opinion_raped_spouse
                    }
                }
                prestige = -15
                piety = -5

clr_character_flag  = victim_lost_brawl # As we start fresh, victim should *not* (yet) have this flag anyway.
            }            

Toskas original version for comparison:

Spoiler

prestige = -15
            piety = -5
            # Piss off their entire dynasty, too:
            if = {
                limit = {
                        NOT = { dynasty = event_target:is_rapist }
                    }
                }
                liege = {                                    # Piss off their liege (a little):
                    opinion = {
                        modifier = opinion_raped_subject
                    }
                    prestige = -1
                    piety = -2
                }
                any_dynasty_member = {
                    limit = { NOT = { character = event_target:is_rape_victim } }
                    opinion = {
                        modifier = opinion_raped_family
                    }
                    prestige = -5
                    piety = -3
                }
                spouse = {
                    opinion = {
                    }
                    prestige = -15
                    piety = -5
                }

clr_character_flag  = victim_lost_brawl # As we start fresh, victim should *not* (yet) have this flag anyway.
            }           

To me, this feels like the -15/-5 were intended to be subtracted from the spouse.

IF i'm reading the code correctly, that is no longer the case, instead it seems to check it as part of the "if = {" part of the event. The spouse seems to only get the opinion modifier.

When searching the entire file for similar cases using

Spoiler

spouse = {
                    opinion = {
                    }
                }
                prestige

i get 26 identical results, only with differing prestige and piety values.

Hey, great mod, it's very enjoyable but there are two problems I've been experiencing. Firstly, upon closing the game and returning to it later, a lot of characters are reassigned the "virgin" trait even though they had already lost their virginity. This may or may not be an issue with DWF itself, I'm not sure.

Secondly, with this mod installed the time it takes to load into a saved game increases astronomically. Without this mod activated, with just DWF, loading takes me around 15-30 seconds. With this mod activated, loading takes somewhere around 3-5 minutes. It's by far the more annoying problem out of the two.

I'm using the most recent version of DWF (2.0.4) & Dark World Extras (1.0.1), and am using no other mods. If it matters, I have most but not all of CK2's DLCs. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:33 AM, mirzafaizi said:

Sorry for asking but does the capture on siege event working since I can't capture anyone here~?

It requires certain traits - namely, be a demon, half-demon, cruel, rapist, or one of the viking/etc traits.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, HK-88 said:

Hi, i'm trying to reintegrate DW and this new version of Toska into my game.

It's probably a minor error from a typo and fixing the bracket matching. I'll tweak it.

6 hours ago, TBP6095 said:

Hey, great mod, it's very enjoyable but there are two problems I've been experiencing. Firstly, upon closing the game and returning to it later, a lot of characters are reassigned the "virgin" trait even though they had already lost their virginity. This may or may not be an issue with DWF itself, I'm not sure.

Secondly, with this mod installed the time it takes to load into a saved game increases astronomically. Without this mod activated, with just DWF, loading takes me around 15-30 seconds. With this mod activated, loading takes somewhere around 3-5 minutes. It's by far the more annoying problem out of the two.

I'm using the most recent version of DWF (2.0.4) & Dark World Extras (1.0.1), and am using no other mods. If it matters, I have most but not all of CK2's DLCs. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Hm, I can't think of any particular reason why it would be -that- noticeable a change.

Also, the trait wonkiness isn't something I've observed. It definitely sounds like something is off though, but I couldn't tell you what just from this.

16 hours ago, TBP6095 said:

Firstly, upon closing the game and returning to it later, a lot of characters are reassigned the "virgin" trait even though they had already lost their virginity. This may or may not be an issue with DWF itself, I'm not sure.

9 hours ago, Aliris said:

Also, the trait wonkiness isn't something I've observed. It definitely sounds like something is off though, but I couldn't tell you what just from this.

After having a quick look at the way DWF assignes and checks virginity i believe this to be a DWF problem. Atleast under certain circumstances.

From DWF_Core_on_actions.txt:

Spoiler

on_startup = { <--on_startup triggers on loading a new game aswell as reloading a save.
    events = {
        DWCore.1 # Sets the global value of Dark_World_Reborn_Present for mods that want to verify Dark World Reborn is present
        DWOptions.1000 # Sets the appropriate flags
        DWSeeding.1 # DWR Seeding event
        DWCore.30 #Virgin trait assignment

}
}

From DWF_Core_core_events.txt:

Spoiler

# .30 Virgin trait assignment on start-up (hidden event)
character_event = {
    id = DWCore.30
    is_triggered_only = yes # triggered via on_action
    hide_window = yes # hidden from the player

trigger = {
        NOT = { has_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked } # We've haven't looked at them before
        NOT = { trait = virgin } # They don't already somehow have the Virgin trait
    }

immediate = {
        if = {
            limit = {
                NOT = { practical_age = 16 }
            }
            add_trait = virgin
            break = yes
        }

if = { # Taking the general assumption that people have lost their virginity by the age of 30 for simple game start mechanics
            limit = {
                practical_age = 30
            }
            set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked # Marking them to prevent another future check
            break = yes # removes us from the immediate block
        }
        if = { # Identifying our good looking, poor decision makers
            limit = {
                trait = fair
                practical_age = 18
                ai_rationality = -10
            }
            set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked # Marking our fair folks to keep them from future virgin checks
        }
        if = { # Can't be pregnant or a mother unless you're the Virgin Mary and this is past her time in history.
            limit = {
                OR = {
                    is_pregnant = yes
                    num_of_children = 1
                }
            }
            set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked # Marking our pregnant folks to keep them from future virgin checks
        }
        if = { # Those who are focused in the sexual arts are assumed to have tasted the wine.
            limit = {
                OR = {
                    trait = lustful
                    trait = hedonist
                    trait = seductress
                    trait = seducer
                }
            }
            set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked # Marking these folks to avoid future virgin checks
        }
        if = { # Married folks, lovers, and consorts are assumed to all have had sex at least once.
            limit = {
                or = {
                    is_married = yes
                    is_consort = yes
                    is_lover = yes
                }
            }
            set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked # Marking these folks to avoid future virgin checks
        }
        add_trait = virgin # If we made it this far then they pass the virgin check
    }
}

The first block in the immediate = {} that checks characters below the age of 16 lacks the set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked flag. Going by this i could foresee a scenario in which a Character (called "A" in the example below) would regain the Virgin trait.

At gamestart A is below 16 and is assigned the trait but not the flag. At some point A loses her virginity.

If on the next save reload she is between 16-30 and not any of these: fair/lustful/hedonist/seductress/seducer/pregnant/has a child/married/consort/lover,

she would probably be reassigned the Virgin trait.

As with my previous post, i'm not very expirienced with the DW scripts yet so if i'm wrong, i apologize.

11 hours ago, HK-88 said:

The first block in the immediate = {} that checks characters below the age of 16 lacks the set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked flag. Going by this i could foresee a scenario in which a Character (called "A" in the example below) would regain the Virgin trait.

So it's possible that if I manually copy the "set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked" flag into the first block I can fix this problem myself?

On 4/11/2019 at 11:13 PM, TBP6095 said:

So it's possible that if I manually copy the "set_character_flag = dw_virginity_checked" flag into the first block I can fix this problem myself?

If that is infact what is causing it, yes.

Should you try it, please report back with the result.

Edit: I just did a little test and it turns out: my assumption is correct. I made a bug report in the DWF thread.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:04 AM, Aliris said:

It requires certain traits - namely, be a demon, half-demon, cruel, rapist, or one of the viking/etc traits.

Had the same problem despite the traits. Turns out rape-siege event has some kind of conflict with DZ's mods.

18 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Had the same problem despite the traits. Turns out rape-siege event has some kind of conflict with DZ's mods.

There's a deliberate check in the events that disables them if you're using DZ's mod, at his request for compatibility purposes, because he has his own events that override it.