[ABANDONED] Porkybork's World 2.0 (DL links in OP)

• 8 months later...

Hey Porky. How're you doing, dude?

Sorry to bother you with this but it seems like the Spa Day and Get Together links has gone dark. Any idea what's up? The others work fine still.

I wanted to re-download everything again due to a hard drive crash so lost everything, but Mega says those two has been removed.

6 hours ago, Chipendale said:

Hey Porky. How're you doing, dude?

Sorry to bother you with this but it seems like the Spa Day and Get Together links has gone dark. Any idea what's up? The others work fine still.

I wanted to re-download everything again due to a hard drive crash so lost everything, but Mega says those two has been removed.

I think I have to write this since you asked question to ask this mod's author.

If you go to first page of thread, it says:

On 11/7/2018 at 1:01 AM, porkybork said:

This Mod will no longer receive any updates. Read this post for an explanation.

So, if you click the one that says "this post", you will be direct to this link of post:

So, you might not be able to get answer to your question from author?

Hey everyone. It's been quite a while since I've interacted with this thread, but it appears that I've been summoned. This isn't necessarily directed solely at @Chipendale, more so at everyone who cares about this project, but Porkybork's World 2.0 could very well be facing deletion in the near future. I haven't logged into my MEGA.nz account in a long time, and the website notified me recently that my account will be deleted unless I log in. Sounds like the problem has an easy solution, right? Well, it turns out that MEGA.nz takes user security insanely seriously and, unbeknownst to me, my password changed at some point. Not only that, but since I've gotten a new laptop and phone, my backup codes are nowhere on my devices, so I have no way to login or even change my password. The only other option I have besides letting my stuff get deleted is to "park" my account, which kind of defeats the point of having my stuff on MEGA in the first place. I'm honestly at a loss here. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to prevent all that stuff from being deleted, and I honestly don't have the motivation to fix the two packs that no longer work for whatever reason.

A brief explanation of what parking your MEGA account does:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221228_012833.png.41ae3580a124b1a9f0b3a4e1c6917289.png

So, ladies and gentlemen, this appears to be the end of Porkybork's World 2.0. It sucks that it'll end like this, but I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support throughout the time where this project was active (and even after support for it ended). Maybe I'll make a new version that uses my current method of making sims (Maxis-match instead of alpha/photorealism), but I'm not making any promises. I'm also going to ask a mod to lock this thread soon, as there's no longer any reason for it to be open. Once again, thanks for all your kindness and I hope to post some more content sometime in the future!