[ABANDONED] Porkybork's World 2.0 (DL links in OP)

8 hours ago, leyre said:

Nothing at all, i dont even have extra mods other than everything from your mods and wicked

i'm thinking there may be a glitch in the Simatrix. i've had to occasionally walk a sim out of a room point by point over the past week (sure, TPing would be faster and easier, but i try to see if it's still possible to walk out from the room. since it's still possible at least i know it's not due to overlapping tiles).

Took a SS to show the issue, this is the stair that the goths refuse to use, there's absolutely nothing blocking the path and i have no other custom stuff that is not what's provided by porky and WW

Edit: Tinkering with the stairs it seems to be an issue with the way its placed, if i move it to the outside and remove the fence, it works normally

12-21-20_3-20-02 PM.png

2 hours ago, leyre said:

Took a SS to show the issue, this is the stair that the goths refuse to use, there's absolutely nothing blocking the path and i have no other custom stuff that is not what's provided by porky and WW

Edit: Tinkering with the stairs it seems to be an issue with the way its placed, if i move it to the outside and remove the fence, it works normally

Yes, this is a known issue after one of the recent patches.  I haven't tested it since the latest patch, but the issue comes when stairs are placed where a wall or fence are.  The stairs are supposed to remove the wall or fence, but instead they are only removed visually.  The fix is just what you said.  You have to remove the stairs and remove the section first, then replace the stairs.

36 minutes ago, jukem said:

Yes, this is a known issue after one of the recent patches.  I haven't tested it since the latest patch, but the issue comes when stairs are placed where a wall or fence are.  The stairs are supposed to remove the wall or fence, but instead they are only removed visually.  The fix is just what you said.  You have to remove the stairs and remove the section first, then replace the stairs.

Sigh, god damn EA, thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. So, you’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been posting as much as I usually do. This is because I’ve left my parents house and am currently living with my sister. It’s a really long story, but to sum it up, my father - someone who has abused me and everyone else in the house, as well as ridiculed me for attempting suicide - and I got into a fight (nonphysical, thankfully). I tried my best to stand up for myself while not escalating things, but he wasn’t having it. He gaslighted me, cornered me into a wall, and yelled in my face about how much of an ingrate I am.

I’m focusing on saving as much money before I transfer to university as I can while ensuring that I don’t harm myself or anyone else in the meantime (mental illness is a bitch), so my priorities have shifted dramatically. So, PBW 2.0 is going to be on hiatus indefinitely. I’m sorry if this news disappoints some of you, but I just can’t focus on this project right now. 

I’m not vanishing from LL, I just need some time to get my life together and move on from all this. In the meantime, please stay safe. The world is pretty crazy right now and I’d hate for anything bad to happen to any of you.

48 minutes ago, porkybork said:

I’m sorry if this news disappoints some of you, but I just can’t focus on this project right now. 

The disappointing part is your situation. Just take care of yourself as best as you can, and stay in touch when convenient. With everything going on in the world, PBW is not the priority (no offence). When things get back to normal (or whatever semblance of normal they become), we can all focus on normal things again. Good luck going forward!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'd check in here to see how you're doing, and let you know how much I appreciate your work. I keep replacing Tina and Brytani Cho with your versions every time they show up. And in my latest save, Brytani's my sim's senpai in the comedy career... and now girlfriend and father of his child. Now if they can just keep Zoe Patel from always showing up and asking to join in. ;)

(And your Zoe is also hella cute.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 3:09 AM, S-Plays said:

Correct. All you have to do is put the mods in your mods folder, tray files in your tray folder, & the save in your save folder, start the game & everything is set. 

Am I missing something? I finally took a look at the saves starting with the Outdoor Retreat save. Went to the Happy Hands Spa, and none of the girls were there. In fact, all the employees present this particular afternoon are guys.

EDIT: Looked at the Spa Day save (again for the first time), and the girls were there. And almost as quickly the shift changed and a bunch of guys came in to take the next shift.

Edited by DarkAudit

Hey everyone. Just a little update. I don't want to get too into my personal life, but I am still focusing mainly on preparing for university as well as saving money. As for my family, we've had a few family therapy sessions and we've gone through some things that I honestly don't feel comfortable talking about, especially on the internet.

As far as this project goes, I unfortunately can't promise anymore updates as PBW is just too time consuming. I'm still doing other smaller projects here and there – I'm currently teaching myself how to use Blender and how to create CC in my downtime, for example – but don't expect any kind of additions to PBW anytime within the foreseeable future. That said, I'm not ready to say that I'm abandoning this project, just that the hiatus is gonna go on even longer than it already is. Once I start school, I honestly have no idea what'll happen to my presence on this sight because of how busy I'll be. Getting your shit together is hard, ya know?

I also keep running into storage issues with my MacBook Air and it really gets in the way of me making stuff, and I don't want to give Apple any more of my money. I'd like to buy a proper setup for gaming and work, but I just can't really afford it right now. Also, I'm just really tired of the Sims 4 Team's bullshit. There are still major bugs in multiple packs since launch that haven't been fixed, and it doesn't look like the team even cares enough to fix them.

Maybe in 10 years when the Sims 4 team finally runs out of ideas to milk TS4 for all they can and I'm a properly independent adult I'll make "Porkybork's World: Definitive Edition" or some shit lol. Until then, I'll see you when I see you. ☮️

7 hours ago, porkybork said:

Hey everyone. Just a little update. I don't want to get too into my personal life, but I am still focusing mainly on preparing for university as well as saving money. As for my family, we've had a few family therapy sessions and we've gone through some things that I honestly don't feel comfortable talking about, especially on the internet.

As far as this project goes, I unfortunately can't promise anymore updates as PBW is just too time consuming. I'm still doing other smaller projects here and there – I'm currently teaching myself how to use Blender and how to create CC in my downtime, for example – but don't expect any kind of additions to PBW anytime within the foreseeable future. That said, I'm not ready to say that I'm abandoning this project, just that the hiatus is gonna go on even longer than it already is. Once I start school, I honestly have no idea what'll happen to my presence on this sight because of how busy I'll be. Getting your shit together is hard, ya know?

I also keep running into storage issues with my MacBook Air and it really gets in the way of me making stuff, and I don't want to give Apple any more of my money. I'd like to buy a proper setup for gaming and work, but I just can't really afford it right now. Also, I'm just really tired of the Sims 4 Team's bullshit. There are still major bugs in multiple packs since launch that haven't been fixed, and it doesn't look like the team even cares enough to fix them.

Maybe in 10 years when the Sims 4 team finally runs out of ideas to milk TS4 for all they can and I'm a properly independent adult I'll make "Porkybork's World: Definitive Edition" or some shit lol. Until then, I'll see you when I see you. ☮️

Understandable. Taking care of you comes first, naturally. For now I'll enjoy playing with what's already here. :)

No one's able to get a "proper setup" these days. Thanks, crypto. I hope you DIAF. The $180 RX 580 from two years ago is running ~$700 today. And now the 'chia' idiots are driving up storage prices. At least we have Gamers Nexus to hold the prebuilt sellers' feet to the fire by calling out garbage rigs for the crap they are. 

TIL the S4S glass hair batch fix has unforeseen consequences. I went in to find one of the Happy Hands attendants bald. I was certain I'd unpacked everything when I installed the set. Checked my laptop's version of the game. She was fine. Unpacked the hair folder again without overwriting anything. Everything was there.

Or WAS it? S4TI reported a missing hair. So I unpack again and overwrite the hairs this time. SUCCESS.

I probably should have done all this *months* ago. But I was more into my existing saves at the time, and would occasionally paste one of Porky's tray sims into the existing save. Can't be helped.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:23 AM, nds12345 said:

Excuse me, as I have replaced my computer, I lost all the sims. Which file contains the tray of bailey-moon and jeong?

I am having to redownload also but since they are in the Get Famous you would have to check the base game zip and the save/tray zip is my guess

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone. So, as you can all probably see, I haven't updated this thing in quite a while. To keep things brief, I haven't had time to work on Porkybork's World due to real-world responsibilities and struggles. In addition, I no longer use the same kind of CC that's used in these files when I play my game in my leisure time. I also just don't have any real motivation to work on this any further.

Therefore, I'm afraid to say that Porkybork's World will no longer be getting any updates. I thank all of you for your support and kind words over the years, and maybe I'll add something to LL that I care about a bit more in the future. Til then, see ya!

• porkybork changed the title to [ABANDONED] Porkybork's World 2.0 (DL links in OP)