[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

How would I go about creating a single NPC House Irae Lolth realm with dark elf portraits in a Shattered World/Random World game?  For competition against the usual suspects like tentacle monsters, etc.  I don't want the dark elf religion/culture appearing with human portraits.

Same as normal. Pick a human, start game with Dark Elven Start, wait one day for the racial events

06AUG20

New Additions:

The Spurned Sister will now grant her consort a yearly stipend of gold and slaves.

Enhancements:

Rise of House Irae is now default in the game rules.
Rewrite the Child of Irae gamerule localisation.
Kekvit, Freya, and Belladonna will now leave societies on a yearly pulse.
Historical characters have now given appropriate flags.
It's August again, so the mean time to happen for Kekvit's Birthday Surprise has been cut down to half.
Kekvit's Birthday/Christmas/Hannukah Surprise has once again been tied to real life months instead of in-game months.
The narrative event window now uses the Luxuria Fantasia layout.
The Spurned Sister will no longer invite Kings or Emperors to her court. You're on your own for this one.
Troops from the Hire Slavers boon increased by 250 pikemen and 250 light cavalry, and can now reinforce. In return, they are now more expensive in maintenance and can only be hired once per lifetime, and disband upon succession.

Bug Fixes:

Although it is kinda amusing imagining The Spurned Sister as a drider, anyone with the houseirae_matron_mother hidden trait will no longer be able to perform rituals.
The Dark Whispers will no longer target landless or head of religion titles.

Just created a second kingdom, and Enatic succession for it does not appear to be available despite me worshiping Lolth.

Also, is the spider pit/spider hovel supposed to do something? They don't SAY what benefit they're supposed to grant, so if they do anything, I must have missed it.

Overall I quite like the mod, by the way, even if there are a few things that I'm missing(secret societies is a big one: After all, for other pagan religions, one of the big advantages is the access to warrior lodges, and every other religion has demon worshipers)

Screenshot from 2020-08-12 18-39-40.png

Edit: Queen Oloth just died and now ALL the titles have shifted to agnatic-cognatic open, with enatic not being an option.

Is the society for joining Lilith not working for anyone that worships any of the Dark Elf gods? I noticed the concubine option has a really big UI issue that it doesn't do for the other religions. Figured I'd ask here since you'd probably know if something is out of date or it just doesn't play nice with it.

1226380380_Screenshot2020-08-1515_24_33.png.4c11a61fbd8f075c45c27a3b04049d41.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem that i really dont understand, i dont know if its a problem with the base game or this mod but laela's main army is acting weird, she keeps separating one small 250 stack from it moving it to another tile only to halt that order and merge the two, it's gotten to the point where she cant fight anyone and loses a ton of territory to countries with less than 1000 men. (it fixes itself from time to time and she conquers territory back but then breaks again)

okwhyisthishappening.PNG

4 hours ago, Kurtkaga said:

I have a problem that i really dont understand, i dont know if its a problem with the base game or this mod but laela's main army is acting weird, she keeps separating one small 250 stack from it moving it to another tile only to halt that order and merge the two, it's gotten to the point where she cant fight anyone and loses a ton of territory to countries with less than 1000 men. (it fixes itself from time to time and she conquers territory back but then breaks again)

okwhyisthishappening.PNG

That's amusing, but actually pretty normal behavior for doomstacks. The AI is... less than competent.

• 2 months later...

Any chance of updating this to work with the Dragon Expansion to LF? Specifically, a monthly favor modifier to dragong or half dragons?

I'd imagine the Matron would be all about that massive dragon dong.

I tried to modify it in myself but somehow managed to mess everything up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a weird bug! Both the Racial Choice for LF and the Dark Elven Start never trigger. I get the initial LF intro box, the LF box for content choice, the LF sexual preference, and then nothing. I've only got LF, House Irae, and Bigger Events for mods.

Anyone got the console commands that trigger those popups?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do I enable to static portraits? The dynamic ones are getting overridden by a different mod but the static ones always worked fine before. I tried looking through the files to see if there was something simple I could change to swap them back but couldn't find anything. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

13JUN21

Bug Fixes:

Lolth kicked out all the men from her priesthood. (Credit to Füchsingeist)

Enhancements:

Culture seeding now seeds the dark elf race too.

Note that I an almost never active here anymore. I'm always active in my discord server. See the link on the first post.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This mod is great! I'm not sure how feasible that is to pull off given there's no trait for it, but DW has a law for making it possible to imprison non humans at will. Would be cool with this to have a reverse and basically be able to imprison and prosecute any non-drow or half-drow people for being inferior creatures (mwahahaha!)

Also the event chain to build and expand the spider pit could use a bit of fleshing out in terms of how it works, I was building it up mostly cause I could with no idea what it does (it doesn't seem to provide any boosts or benefits) and then randomly I got an option to spawn a 1.5k army of spiders from it, but to be perfectly honest I had no clue what made it possible or how I'd trigger that again. 

• 5 months later...

I recognize this seems to be a dead mod, but does anyone know how to fix the random world seeding? Dark Elf culture spawns, and applicable characters have the portraits, but none of the religions spawn at all, and there don't seem to be any half elves either.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood how it works. Problem seemed to arise from seeing Dark Elf culture spawn when generating the random world, but the mod does not actually *spwan* the intended Dark Elf trait and religions until game start. The Dark Elf culture that appears in the character selection screen is humans that have been given the *culture* but not the actual racial traits. This can be corrected by editing the initial block of text in HouseIrae/common/cultures/houseirae_cultures.txt to remove the check for animal world and replace it with the same parameter other LF race cultures use, as below

houseirae_drow_group = {
	graphical_cultures = { drowgfx }
	alternate_start = { #NOT = { has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = special_culture value = animal_world } } 
		always = no
	}

Edited by altsforeveryone
13 hours ago, altsforeveryone said:

I recognize this seems to be a dead mod, but does anyone know how to fix the random world seeding? Dark Elf culture spawns, and applicable characters have the portraits, but none of the religions spawn at all, and there don't seem to be any half elves either.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood how it works. Problem seemed to arise from seeing Dark Elf culture spawn when generating the random world, but the mod does not actually *spwan* the intended Dark Elf trait and religions until game start. The Dark Elf culture that appears in the character selection screen is humans that have been given the *culture* but not the actual racial traits. This can be corrected by editing the initial block of text in HouseIrae/common/cultures/houseirae_cultures.txt to remove the check for animal world and replace it with the same parameter other LF race cultures use, as below

houseirae_drow_group = {
	graphical_cultures = { drowgfx }
	alternate_start = { #NOT = { has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = special_culture value = animal_world } } 
		always = no
	}

Thanks for looking at this.  I often wondered why I never encountered any drow, though I rarely get past 150 yrs and I always start in 769.

• 11 months later...