[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

5 hours ago, 0124688 said:

Any way to get House Irae to work with the random starts added in Holy Fury?

The Elder Dragon Empire from Dark World Fantasy works fine but House Irea disappears on a random start, so I figure there must be someway to get it working.

You will need to set Culture and Religion Names to Historical for it to work.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

You will need to set Culture and Religion Names to Historical for it to work.

Didn't work, but removing "is_proper_alternate_start = yes" from the off-map power file ended up working.

Thank you for your wonderful mod by the way, I was very surprised when the creator themself replied. Anyone can tell how much thought and care you put in the mod, just from reading the little lore blurbs you put in and the explanations of why you changed things for game play reasons.

1 hour ago, 0124688 said:

Didn't work, but removing "is_proper_alternate_start = yes" from the off-map power file ended up working.

Thank you for your wonderful mod by the way, I was very surprised when the creator themself replied. Anyone can tell how much thought and care you put in the mod, just from reading the little lore blurbs you put in and the explanations of why you changed things for game play reasons.

I just checked. My bad. It's not only the names but the religion and the culture itself that needs to be set to Historical.

Alternatively, you could open up /common/scripted_triggers/houseirae_scripted_triggers.txt and remove these two lines from the top of the file:

has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = religion value = historical }
			has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = culture value = historical }

Keep the other two lines intact, otherwise the game gets really, really shitty.

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I just checked. My bad. It's not only the names but the religion and the culture itself that needs to be set to Historical.

Alternatively, you could open up /common/scripted_triggers/houseirae_scripted_triggers.txt and remove these two lines from the top of the file:

has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = religion value = historical }
			has_alternate_start_parameter = { key = culture value = historical }

Keep the other two lines intact, otherwise the game gets really, really shitty.

Thank you for the reply and fix.

I can understand not liking the nonsense names of the random cultures and how it makes things confusing to the point where you have to mouse over everyone to see what the culture effects are. But whats wrong with the mad libs religions? Or I guess you mean the game gets buggy or something.

13 hours ago, 0124688 said:

Thank you for the reply and fix.

I can understand not liking the nonsense names of the random cultures and how it makes things confusing to the point where you have to mouse over everyone to see what the culture effects are. But whats wrong with the mad libs religions? Or I guess you mean the game gets buggy or something.

"Madlib" religions and cultures don't just change the names of them, they completely replace them, breaking a lot of functionality that rely on said religions/cultures.

Weird question :
What will happen to the Spurned Sisters invasion if i play with a mod that changes map like AGOT or Brave New World ? 

Will it crash the game if they try to appear or will they simply appear on some random province ?

43 minutes ago, Canaris said:

Weird question :
What will happen to the Spurned Sisters invasion if i play with a mod that changes map like AGOT or Brave New World ? 

Will it crash the game if they try to appear or will they simply appear on some random province ?

I don't play total conversions, so I wouldn't know. I would assume that it pretty much breaks the entire invasion

On 5/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

I don't play total conversions, so I wouldn't know. I would assume that it pretty much breaks the entire invasion

Yeah, the invasion never happens. I've been trying to get it to work with AGOT for a while, but haven't been able to make it work. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 2:05 AM, TheMarshPrince said:

As a lolth follower for some reason it changes the succession from enatic open to agnatic open after the first succession.

Same problem here, but manually forcing the event to update the succession laws by typing

event HouseIrae.20

into the console fixes it.

I think it's a problem with the trigger conditions, commenting out this block in HouseIraeMain.txt made the succession laws update properly (the game automatically reverts to agnatic,  but still seems to recognize <has_law> on both of these as true, so the event was ignored).

character_event = {
	id = HouseIrae.20
	hide_window = yes
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			AND = {
				OR = {
					religion = lolth_reformed
					religion = lolth_unreformed
				}
				#primary_title = {
				#	NAND = { 
				#		has_law = lolth_succession
				#		has_law = drow_turkish_succession
				#	}
				#}
			}
			AND = {
				OR = {
					religion = eilistraee_unreformed
					religion = eilistraee_reformed

• 2 weeks later...

Morning....

It seems like i have a little problem since the last one or two updates... didnt play in between the last two

I just installed....

lol ok.. you just uploaded a new version

[CK2] Dark World Fantasy - Updated: 24JUL19

which seems to fix some of the problems....

Elfs and Orcs spawn again, so thx a lot...

but... I still have some spawn problems of Dark Elfs with House Irae... (set Religion + Culture to both)

for example

the Pikts on Scotland turnd Dark Elf

but they didnt get the Darkelf Pictures.. some still look like Pikts.. some look like Indians

Iam not sure if i keep the setting to both... because it also looks like the Dark Elfs spawn all over the World

I would much prefer if they would stay inside one Country/part of the World.. and not spawn all over it

not sure if its intended or a bug

1 hour ago, Aasimar said:

Morning....

It seems like i have a little problem since the last one or two updates... didnt play in between the last two

I just installed....

lol ok.. you just uploaded a new version

[CK2] Dark World Fantasy - Updated: 24JUL19

which seems to fix some of the problems....

Elfs and Orcs spawn again, so thx a lot...

but... I still have some spawn problems of Dark Elfs with House Irae... (set Religion + Culture to both)

for example

the Pikts on Scotland turnd Dark Elf

but they didnt get the Darkelf Pictures.. some still look like Pikts.. some look like Indians

Iam not sure if i keep the setting to both... because it also looks like the Dark Elfs spawn all over the World

I would much prefer if they would stay inside one Country/part of the World.. and not spawn all over it

not sure if its intended or a bug

I updated a fix for racial seeding of dark/half elves.

If you don't use DWF racial seeding, then only the religions/culture will seed.

Morning,

did some testruns

Dark Elfs dont spawn now all over the place. They stay at one Country or Mercenary Unit

Almost all Dark Elfs get their pictures correctly assigned...

All exept Priest.. Priest still dont get a picture

609995613_DarkElf.jpg.8695fcfacd6dd68f8d9f65dc7d476503.jpg

Looks like its broken again....

Dark Elfs spawn like all over the World again after the 4th day.. some with Dark Elf pictures, some without

as far as i can tell... almost all with a normal religion have the dark elf picture....

some with a Dark Elf religion have a human face

Last Game Bavaria..

Ruler Tassilo = Human Picture, culture=Dark Elf, Relligion=Lolth

~50% of his Vassals have a Dark Elf picture.. the rest do not

Ruler Khagan blablabla of Alanien = Dark Elf Picture, culture=Alanian, Religion=Tengri

100% of his Vassals have Dark Elf pictures, 50% are Dark Elfs, 50% are Alanians

Lots of countrys have a Dark Elf religion like Lolth, Elistrae or Vharaun

with human Pictures but with culture Dark Elf

DWF Racial seedind = regional

House Irae seeding = both

even if you turn off Hause Irae seeding... Dark Elfs spawn like all over the World

but then without a Dark Elf religion

and all have a Dark Elf picture

it seems all good with this mod turned off... sadly

Soooo

I just started a game with

all DWF mods enabled

House Irae disabled

Most of the racial seeding looks fine...

but i could find one Ruler

Khagan blablabla

Picture = Kitsune

Trait = Kitusne

Culture = Kuman

His court are all correct = Kitsune Trait+Culture+Picture

Half Dragons/Dragons/Divine/Werewolf stay original Kulture with traits+Pictures

Elfs+Orcs+Neko+Kitsune = Picture+Trait+Culture    (Kitsune all exept Leader)

Fey+Succubus didnt spawn on that run

so DWF seems to be ok... they all seed regionaly + only in 1-2 countrys

House Irae on the other hand totaly messes up with this...

like i said Culture/Religion/Pictures (not necessarily comnined) all over the place ~50% of the world

p.s.

DWF mods are all the lates version

Beyond Heresy 2.0.4

Dark World Extras 1.0.4

House Irae 2.1

7 hours ago, Aasimar said:

I have just uploaded a DWF update that should better improve Dark Elf spawning.

HOWEVER, some dark elves not getting the religions, or humans getting the religion or culture, is intentional.

When the Racial Seeding file picks a ruler and his/her minions to be dark elves, they will have 40% chance of not getting the religion, and a 60% chance of getting one of the three religions.

After seeding is done, any leftover humans will have a 70% chance to be left alone, or a 30% chance to get both a religion and the culture.

Ah ok....

just tested...

Irae seeding off

1-2 countys Spawn actual Dark Elfs...

no relligion change

all have the Dark Elf picture

all have the Dark Elf culture...

iam pretty happy with that. last version of DWF didnt do anything with switched seeding off

Irae seeding on

1-2 true countrys of true Dark Elfs

and quite a lot of (way less then befor) with Dark Elf culture and or Religion but stay Human looking

I dont like that...

Why would Humans take on Dark Elf culture or Religion..

but its ok if its intended like this

keep up your good and fast work

9 minutes ago, Aasimar said:

Why would Humans take on Dark Elf culture or Religion..

You can be born a dark elf but take on the language and mannerisms of humans. You can be born human but take up the language and mannerisms of dark elves. It's what that society as a whole prefers to do.

Religion and Culture =/= Race

I think the point is that when you pick some of the more restricting DWF seeding options (partial or partial region) you still end up with a metric fuckton of irae cultures and/or religion. I can see how that would be appropriate for when you DWF seed the whole map but for partials it feels just a tiny bit excessive. :]

Even with irae seeding to 'nope thanks' DWF partial seeding ends up with roughly the same number of dark elf realms like all the other races combined.

1 hour ago, Canaris said:

I see Dark Elven start no longer means one can reform the religion.. Kinda shame tbh, i liked shaping my Lolth worship to be the certain way. 

The change was more mechanical than thematic.

1. To add or restrict specific doctrines (Enatic Clans for Lolth), you will need to make an overwrite file for the vanilla religion features file. This messes up compatibility with every other mod that does the same.

2. The simple solution was to add in Lolth, Vhaeraun, and Eilistraee as new doctrines, as was the case in earlier versions. These will allow the religion to be reformed properly. The unfortunate side effect is that the player can opt out of choosing them. Even worse being that vanilla events and decisions are based on the religion feature themselves (unlike bloodlines or wonders which have universal tags). This means that the vanilla game will never look for these new doctrines, ever. This is especially a problem with succession, as Enatic Clans will choose the proper enatic succession by looking for religion_feature_matriarchal, instead of looking for a universal flag that tells the game that this is a Enatic Clans replacement. Going through every single vanilla event and decision, and making copies of them specifically for the new doctrines, is far more work than I'd care to do.

3. Not having new doctrines or changes to religious reformation means that I no longer have to overwrite the UI. This means that you are free to use House Irae alongside whatever mod you wish that adds more doctrine slots.