Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@Tychedy - If I think i understand your question, its just how the pixel shader is coded that is being used, its only calculating blending in a single direction which assumes the meshes are being drawn furthest camera first and closest last. I believe you can simulate 2-sided blending by drawing both sides of the mesh manually (same mesh, but 2nd one has the normals flipped), but  its also been a long time since I did that in-depth investigation. 

On 2/28/2022 at 11:11 AM, s、ilk said:

Are there any plans to add more mod pack counts in the near future?thanks your work

Its relatively easy to add additional mod-pack slots, but at this point if i increase it I feel I should also add a hotkey option to jump 10 pages since it'll be even greater than it is now to cycle fully.

@minazuki - I can't seem to reproduce it in my DMM setup (only one that has 2nd hair style for Monica or Koharu). It's likely a resource override that is carrying over between multiple meshes and most likely custom fingernails -> skin if they draw sequentially which would skip reloading the original constant buffers. Comparing your v2.1 "Overlay ps-cb2.ini" with my latest ShaderOverrides.ini I didn't see any real change other than the tanning ShaderType, so I'm not sure if there is still something you are referring I could do to help from CC side or if there is some other change that I need to be aware of to fix in CC.

@dygoh - The BP Boobs Mod-Pack itself needs to be updated to support Tina still since it uses custom skin textures and there isn't a BP-Boobs Tina Skin for the game to use. I don't recall whether if the actual DOA5LR BP Boobs skin textures were used in that mod-pack or if they were unique to the BPBoobs CC modpack or not.

Edited by KuroKaze78
Spoiler
7 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Tychedy - 如果我认为我理解你的问题,它只是如何对正在使用的像素着色器进行编码,它唯一计算单一方向的混合,假设网格首先绘制最远的相机,最后绘制最近的相机。我相信您可以通过手动绘制网格的两侧来模拟 2 面混合(相同的网格,但第二个已经翻转了法线),但距离我进行深入调查也已经很长时间了。 

添加额外的模组包插槽相对容易,但在这一点上,如果我增加它,我觉得我还应该添加一个热键选项来跳转 10 页,因为它会比现在完全循环更大。

@minazuki - 我似乎无法在我的 DMM 设置中重现它(只有一个具有 Monica 或 Koharu 的第二发型)。如果它们按顺序绘制,则可能是在多个网格和最有可能的自定义指甲 -> 皮肤之间进行的资源覆盖,这将跳过重新加载原始常量缓冲区。将您的 v2.1 “Overlay ps-cb2.ini”与我最新的 ShaderOverrides.ini 进行比较,除了晒黑的 ShaderType 之外,我没有看到任何真正的变化,所以我不确定您是否还有我可以做的事情从 CC 方面提供帮助,或者如果我需要注意其他一些更改以在 CC 中修复。

@dygoh - BP Boobs Mod-Pack 本身需要更新以支持 Tina,因为它使用自定义皮肤纹理并且没有可供游戏使用的 BP-Boobs Tina 皮肤。我不记得是否在该模组包中使用了实际的 DOA5LR BP Boobs 皮肤纹理,或者它们是否是 BPBoobs CC 模组包所独有的。

I found that there are two parts of a model, part 1 will have occlusion, part 2 will not have occlusion. Does that mean nothing to do with normals and CB2 files?

QQ截图20220307150107.png

Say, I have a suggestion for CC. Would it be possible to release a 'lite' version of CC with just 3 or so costume slots? Often when making mods I find myself having to do several reloads to try out different textures, weighting, positions of accessories and what not. This refresh of course takes time and can lead to crashes. I imagine that with less slots, 3Dmigoto would have less stuff to parse on a reload, making it much quicker and more stable. When making regular mods I usually disable the CC folder, and the difference in time is very noticeable, from 40/60 seconds to just 5 or 6. No need for specialized UI or anything, just disabling the other slots would help a lot.

Then after work on the mod is done, the lite version could be disabled and swapped back for the full version, with the finished mod moved to it for final testing and release.

@KuroKaze78

This happened to Tina after the costume customizer mod update. Before the update, there were cracks in the upper body, arms and lower body, but the skin worked normally. She said she did Tina's hash adjustments, but isn't that what's causing the problem? Since Tina is a common body type, she doesn't seem to need a separate BP BOOB skin.

The screenshots show Tina's skin that worked in the old version and Tina's skin that has an error in the new version.

20220227202742_1.jpg

20220227210716_1.jpg

20220305134714_1.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 11:46 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

Its relatively easy to add additional mod-pack slots, but at this point if i increase it I feel I should also add a hotkey option to jump 10 pages since it'll be even greater than it is now to cycle fully.

You really should add more slots at least. I'm already pushing 220 :D

On 3/7/2022 at 4:06 PM, watx said:

Say, I have a suggestion for CC. Would it be possible to release a 'lite' version of CC with just 3 or so costume slots? Often when making mods I find myself having to do several reloads to try out different textures, weighting, positions of accessories and what not. This refresh of course takes time and can lead to crashes. I imagine that with less slots, 3Dmigoto would have less stuff to parse on a reload, making it much quicker and more stable. When making regular mods I usually disable the CC folder, and the difference in time is very noticeable, from 40/60 seconds to just 5 or 6. No need for specialized UI or anything, just disabling the other slots would help a lot.

Then after work on the mod is done, the lite version could be disabled and swapped back for the full version, with the finished mod moved to it for final testing and release.

Ooh, I would very much be in support of this!  I've tolerated the constant crashes as long as I could, but now that I (appear) to need a VPN to connect to the DMM client it's just added even more time to each reload.

Come to think of it... couldn't I just DUPLICATE my CC folder, DISABLE one, and then delete all my mods except the one I'm currently working on.  And when I was done developing for the date, enable one folder and disable the other?  Would that result in less crashes?

Edited by SolomonSTB1973
On 3/7/2022 at 6:46 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@minazuki - I can't seem to reproduce it in my DMM setup (only one that has 2nd hair style for Monica or Koharu). It's likely a resource override that is carrying over between multiple meshes and most likely custom fingernails -> skin if they draw sequentially which would skip reloading the original constant buffers. Comparing your v2.1 "Overlay ps-cb2.ini" with my latest ShaderOverrides.ini I didn't see any real change other than the tanning ShaderType, so I'm not sure if there is still something you are referring I could do to help from CC side or if there is some other change that I need to be aware of to fix in CC.

Maybe it is a d3dx.ini shade override problem. Because I removed all mods including body skin, just leave CC or SS, but the problem still exits

I will find a day to test the d3dx.ini.

I haven't change "Overlay ps-cb2.ini", I just added "ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2" in body & nail hash to avoid the problem.

But this is not a good solution, because it still affecting other mods.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:10 AM, SolomonSTB1973 said:

Ooh, I would very much be in support of this!  I've tolerated the constant crashes as long as I could, but now that I (appear) to need a VPN to connect to the DMM client it's just added even more time to each reload.

Come to think of it... couldn't I just DUPLICATE my CC folder, DISABLE one, and then delete all my mods except the one I'm currently working on.  And when I was done developing for the date, enable one folder and disable the other?  Would that result in less crashes?

I think that would improve it a little, but not completely. I assume that when you refresh the mods, 3Dmigoto has to go through every single .ini file in your mods folder. Even with just one mod installed you'd still have those 3 .ini files in for each empty CC slot, they'd just have less stuff defined in them (unless you actually delete every slot folder, which could work, but lead to lots of error messages).

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find where the slots are defined in the main CC files and disable them there, but I'd have no idea what I'm doing so I'd rather have it be an official feature. ☺️

11 hours ago, watx said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find where the slots are defined in the main CC files and disable them there, but I'd have no idea what I'm doing so I'd rather have it be an official feature. ☺️

It takes quite a bit of effort to manually remove extra slots from the code without breaking it. There are a couple different swaths of code that need to be removed / rewritten - when I attempted it months ago and failed. But, it may be a different story if KuroKaze has some other script or program to generate the code.

@Tychedy - I'm sorry that I'm still kind of lost at trying to help you. The language barrier plus miniature screenshots aren't really helping me figure out what you are asking about. I'll look into updating the blender files, I haven't really touched them in ages, and given all the minor changes to the base meshes, I'll probably just have to recombine them again from the latest replacement meshes + re-export Takao skirt which is all they really are.

@dygoh - Before it just happened to use the skin from the last character on-screen that was supported, and now it identifies Tina properly but she doesn't have her own skin texture provided. Notice all the skin texture seams. If you wanted to reproduce what it looked like before despite its flaws, you can open the mod-pack with the latest CCModPackGenerator tool and assign one of the existing skin textures to re-use for Tina.

@watx, @SolomonSTB1973, @krunkDunk - I do auto-generate the INI (have been since v2.0) and control most of it by just updating a yml file. Reducing the page count is easy enough to test since it doesn't require anything extra. See if this makes an noticeable difference in loading times. It might be that a modder-focused mini variant is more needed; with 1 page, no multi-girl support (outside of custom skin textures), only 1 slot (Takao and Dewa result in the same) and the custom/editor materials INI and shader regexes can be disabled (move into a folder and disable by adding "DISABLED " to the filename to prevent it from loading) to reduce the amount of needed INI code to the bare minimum for testing out new mod-packs.

- Note: Only use these if you want to test the quicker loads at the expense of only having 24 slots.

Marie.iniHonoka.iniCommon.ini

These only remove references to slots 25-240. You'll either have to delete/move out folders 25-240. Alternatively, if its new or you use "update.bat" change the following line (from 240 or whatever is there in your existing version -> 24) so it only creates the 24 empty slots:

FOR /L %%i in (1,1,24) DO (

@raven32, @HattoWW - It'll come soon enough, isn't hard to do but I do have to make the additional UI graphics again for the additional pages before I can increase it.

Edited by KuroKaze78
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jms1678 said:

Alright. The black and red skirt is still visible and covering some of my clothing. Also, how do I create a preset?

Took care of the skirt issue, just needed to replace my d3dx file and it was fixed. Still do not know how to create a preset though, so if someone can help me out with that, I would appreciate it.