Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

What causes outfits to freak out and float around a character? I've seen some pictures of it happening for other people before, but I've never had it happen in my game until now. Everything works fine for every character except Fiona, is there a fix for this? Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, don't have much time to look for a solution rn.

20210910011018_1.jpg.1f5e9105f1adf754a357f7b0ea86a8a8.jpg20210910011015_1.jpg.8458bb954c43d9554ade9f7aa5c3c359.jpg

20210910005622_1.jpg.1f9d50ead4d913c20c7974115026656a.jpg

Edited by darkrias.rose

@darkrias.rose - It occurs when a character is wearing the suit that mismatches against the configured slot for that character. Notice that you have Fiona configured to use Dewa but she is wearing Takao. So either just change fiona to wear Dewa or select her (press 1) while hovering over her grayed-out icon in the Takao customization menu.

image.png.0deb60b23fe92222c9f8f706372b85b1.png

Edited by KuroKaze78
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm a bit late to the party regarding .buf files.  I get the gist of what they do, but for starters, how do you edit them?  They won't open for me in note pad.

Secondly, are people creating their own from scratch or are they taking them from game files?

Thirdly I've discovered the texture editor built into version 2.2.1.  Let's say I've found a setting I like?  Do I export the numbers I've set up or do I just... write them down and build a .buf file around them?

13 hours ago, SolomonSTB1973 said:

So I'm a bit late to the party regarding .buf files.  I get the gist of what they do, but for starters, how do you edit them?  They won't open for me in note pad.

Secondly, are people creating their own from scratch or are they taking them from game files?

Thirdly I've discovered the texture editor built into version 2.2.1.  Let's say I've found a setting I like?  Do I export the numbers I've set up or do I just... write them down and build a .buf file around them?

1) .buf is a buffer, a bunch of data for the graphics card to process. It's not something you could edit with a text editor.

2) There is a constant buffer editor in CCModPackGenerator.exe. The CB Editor is at the top next to "File", load a ps-cb2 from the game and tweak it with the editor. Try your luck with experimentation - I don't really know the ins and outs of it myself.

3) There is no exporting from the in-game CC editor at the moment. I don't know how those numbers corresponde to the ModPack Generators CB Editor...

As far as making a custom shader it may worth it to look into hlsl ( high level shader language ), I didn't look into too much, but it's coded in C# - you could write your own in a text editor. There are some .hlsl files in the "ShaderFixes" folder of the main game's folder... also CC has an .hlsl file for rendering 2d images ( draw_2d.hlsl ) if you want to take a peak at what your getting into...  You may also check out this: transparent.hlsl

Sorry, I'm not really educated in depth on this stuff I can't help any more.

Edited by krunkDunk

Hi, I'm new to this game and mods. I did install the Costume customizer and the mods inside (for example "Rose Petal"), but in the game they didn't show up. Also when install those mods inside the costume customizer, a message will pop up. Hope i did explain my question correctly. Can anyone assist me? TIA

Untitled.png

Edited by tyty888

どなたかキャラクターのおっぱいの大きさを変える方法ってご存知でしょうか?mod導入して必要なビキニは入手するところまではできたのですが、BP Boobsとかを試して見ても大きさを変える事はできませんでした、初心者なので何でも分からなくとても困ってます、、、

Does anyone know how to change the size of a character's boobs? I was able to get the bikini I needed after installing the mod, but I couldn't change the size even after trying BP Boobs, I'm a beginner so I don't know anything and I'm in trouble ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, SavageMoonBoy said:

I'm just reporting that when I was working on mods, I noticed that the game frequently crashes when I reload 3dmigoto (F10). After some testing, I downgrade CC v2.2.2 to v.2.1, and the crashes completely disappeared.

I don't know if it's only on my environment. The only mods I'm using are CC, some skin mods, facial expression, makeup mod and few miscellaneous mods.

I don't get any crash log when this happens.

After a long time of using CC v.2.1 and without any crash. I update to v.2.2.2 to use the mod with Elise. After a few reloads (F10), the crashes returned. So I can confirm that this update is the cause of the problem.

I have 36 GB of ram and both, CPU and GPU, were below 50% usage.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:13 AM, Laserquail said:

どなたかキャラクターのおっぱいの大きさを変える方法ってご存知でしょうか?mod導入して必要なビキニは入手するところまではできたのですが、BP Boobsとかを試して見ても大きさを変える事はできませんでした、初心者なので何でも分からなくとても困ってます、、、

Does anyone know how to change the size of a character's boobs? I was able to get the bikini I needed after installing the mod, but I couldn't change the size even after trying BP Boobs, I'm a beginner so I don't know anything and I'm in trouble ...

BP BOOBSで変更できますよ。

You can change it with BP BOOBS.

jBFyOauwkfiahMXMF6c11635101965-1635102046.gif.24d540abf2b20b2b0ebd3e3055320d36.gif

@SavageMoonBoy - So I've been playing around trying to see if I can isolate what that changed made it that much worse. If I turn on unbuffered debug logging it never occured which could imply its a timing issue. Also, if I disabled any of the main model-type ini files it also seemed to stop the crashes which leads me to believe it isn't likely a logic error since all 3 are identical which points more to possible doing to much. One of the last things that I thought could be it was specifically the sheer amount of new persistent variables I added to support the custom material toggling to be persisted between play-sessions. It currently added 420 new persisted variables and once removing the "persist" identifier on all of them I haven't been able to reproduce a crash from reloads (only tested for a an hour or so, but before this it was pretty consistent) and I think my reloading time has seemingly become somewhat faster. I've posted the modified INI files here for a few other to try out and see if they still get any relatively consistent crashes from reloads. I can try looking into attempting to compact the persisted variables since I only use them as booleans so that I only add 60 variables to still keep the same functionality or even more drastic would be down to 10/20 use the same setting regardless of character-type and/or slot (Takao/Dewa).

Note, if anyone uses these, if you utilize custom materials, it'll always reset the toggle for all meshes to off. The actual material parameters are still persisted just not which categories/meshes use the previewer's parameters.

Honoka.ini Marie.ini Common.ini

Edited by KuroKaze78

@flamehazetania - I would start by doing a typical weight transfer just like anything else primarily to properly affix the portion that connects to the body circled here:

image.png.147f300b5bc981c9a300dc5670cd04ee.png

Then for the rest of the mesh remove all the weight from all groups except the one shown below. This one should be the correct one so that the wing themselves are fairly static on her back. Just warning that you'll likely get clipping if she moves her hands too far back but you pretty much just have to compromise with that.

image.thumb.png.878c6ca3fa204ed0fc8258af6c55c7d4.png

Also, I think SavageMoonBoy has made a couple of CC mods with wings before that you could also look at for reference.

Edited by KuroKaze78

@yygq - Your d3dx.ini is missing shaders and likely just not up to date. I can't recall the page that I have links to the most recent update the game made to shader hashes but that is likely your issue. I'll try to locate the posts and update this post with them.

@Nuydy - My guess would be that another mod you are using is straight up skipping all usage of the clothing shader used for alpha-blended meshes. See if Clam, Fortune or Peacock (I think those are the names of 11, 15, and 19 respectively) look messed up as well as they also make use of alpha-blended meshes. If they also look messed up, then yes I'd assume its the shader is being skipped by another mod you have installed. Some of the older original mods were less careful with how they worked and made varying side-effects. Also you can do a windows search in your DOAXVV game folder for "contents: 5ed99f004bf2fa7b" (without the quotes) and see if it locates anything other than your d3dx.ini.

All - Regarding an update for Koharu, I'll have one out by the end of the week, was busy last weekend so I didn't get around to it and I'd like to try and find a quick temporary solution to the crash issue that doesn't completely disable persistent custom material toggles but if it comes down to it, I'll release a minor update with them not persisted like the temporary patch I posted a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by KuroKaze78
On 11/10/2021 at 10:07 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@yygq - Your d3dx.ini is missing shaders and likely just not up to date. I can't recall the page that I have links to the most recent update the game made to shader hashes but that is likely your issue. I'll try to locate the posts and update this post with them.

@Nuydy - My guess would be that another mod you are using is straight up skipping all usage of the clothing shader used for alpha-blended meshes. See if Clam, Fortune or Peacock (I think those are the names of 11, 15, and 19 respectively) look messed up as well as they also make use of alpha-blended meshes. If they also look messed up, then yes I'd assume its the shader is being skipped by another mod you have installed. Some of the older original mods were less careful with how they worked and made varying side-effects. Also you can do a windows search in your DOAXVV game folder for "contents: 5ed99f004bf2fa7b" (without the quotes) and see if it locates anything other than your d3dx.ini.

All - Regarding an update for Koharu, I'll have one out by the end of the week, was busy last weekend so I didn't get around to it and I'd like to try and find a quick temporary solution to the crash issue that doesn't completely disable persistent custom material toggles but if it comes down to it, I'll release a minor update with them not persisted like the temporary patch I posted a couple of weeks ago.

yes the clam one is also mess up and the 5ed99f004bf2fa7b is only in my d3dx file not anywhere else 

• KuroKaze78 changed the title to Costume Customizer Mod (v2.2.3) - Added Koharu Support

Released v2.2.3 with support for Koharu and ideally a permanent fix for reducing the reload crashes caused from CC (minor mod-load-delay of 3 frames and reduction of persistent variables).

@Nuydy - I would double check your d3dx.ini to make sure that you see something like below. It doesn't have to match exactly, but the key part is when the hash is 5ed99f004bf2fa7b it should be calling CommandListClothes.

[ShaderOverrideClothesPS4-20200610]
; Bytecode hash: 20955db8
hash = 5ed99f004bf2fa7b
run = CommandListClothes

Other than that, check to make sure you don't have any files that contain the hash (5ed99f004bf2fa7b) in the name in the ShaderFixes folder of your DOAX-VenusVacation folder (such as 5ed99f004bf2fa7b-ps_replace.txt).

Edited by KuroKaze78