Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

On 8/25/2022 at 1:49 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

I've got version 2.5 I think all working, but I'll be double checking some of the features tomorrow before release, however I haven't seen any custom skin textures released yet for Shandy.

Anyhow, despite the management nightmare, there will be 6 different versions released, and within any of the versions there 2 different MaterialEditor.ini files that can be swapped to disable the custom material stuff if you never both using it to speed things up.

• Normal Version
    • 20 Page Version (480 slots)
    • 10 Page Version (240 slots)
    • 1 Page Version (24 slots)
  • Simple Version
    • 20 Page Version
    • 10 Page Version
    • 1 Page Version

The simple version is likely only recommended for those that need it, its "simple" because it removes support for ps-cb2 files that seems to behave differently on some AMD+on-board graphics systems people have noticed. If you try the normal version, but many of the outfits are pitch-black, then you probably need to use the Simple Version as a work-around.

Hopefully this quells some of the many requests over the last few months from the changes introduced in the version 2.2-2.4.

I'll also provide a quick patch of the MaterialEditor INIs On/OFF if for some reason you botch them up in your installation. As with the others, if you decide to "downgrade" the number of slots you have, you'll likely want to clean up the unused folders that aren't available so it reduces how many are attempting to load at game startup.

As a side note, for the past couple of months I uninstalled 3DMigoto completely from my Steam Instance, and only my DMM version is modded, and the unmodded Steam version still encounters the massive slow-downs and crashes more often than my DMM instance (by alot). My DMM version only tends to crash/close when using auto-play which seemingly has always been a problem since they ever released the feature while my Steam Version seems to crash randomly for a multitude of reasons between once 1 every couple of days to several times in a single day.

The skins are already out.
V2.5 yet?

On 7/30/2022 at 6:06 PM, GSkillet said:

is there a mod for Nyotengus catsuit available anywhere?

The catsuit is "Secret Agent" by Maasim. You can get it off their patreon. I also believe it's one of their public releases.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:07 PM, GSkillet said:

ive also seen this ann tamaki catsuit mod but cant find it anywhere

The Ann catsuit is part of Ceez_M's Red Dress and Daff_Swap modpack, unrelated to Costume Customizer. Ceez_M has some of the mods available for public release on their thread, with rest being available on their patreon. I don't know if the Ann catsuit is free or not. You'll have to check yourself.

• KuroKaze78 changed the title to Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5) - Added Shandy Support, load-time improvements

v2.5 is now released. It adds support for Shandy and various load-time improvments/variations. Hopefully, I didn't make cause any issues with last minute load-time improvements and the multiple different variations and patches released.

In the release, you'll see the options for 1, 10, or 20 page installations for use with ModManager. To be honest, I don't know how well ModManager handles the mod-packs to know if it is ok with them being dynamnic, but I believe it should at-least update the CC framework correctly. Alternatively, there is the typical full install or manual update. If you want to customize it to 1, 10 or 20 pages, be sure to apply the respective patch before then running the update.bat as usual. If you have reduced your total mod-pack count, then you'll have to delete the extra folders that are no longer needed, I don't automatically delete them as a precaution. Also, I removed all of the unnecessary INI code from the "empty" mod-pack template which should decrease load-times further, but if you want to take advantage of that, you'll have to delete all of your unused mod-pack folders and then re-run update.bat to recreate them with the new template.

CCModPackGenerator patch for Shandy:

CCModPackGenerator.exe.config

@aqlius - My assumption would be that the mod includes a custom ps-cb2 file that is now out-of-date. the ps-cb2 files currently include a material index that game updates can cause the materials to shift around and then the material parameters wouldn't be the same as before until the ps-cb2 is updated to use the new index.

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

v2.5 is now released. It adds support for Shandy and various load-time improvments/variations. Hopefully, I didn't make cause any issues with last minute load-time improvements and the multiple different variations and patches released.

In the release, you'll see the options for 1, 10, or 20 page installations for use with ModManager. To be honest, I don't know how well ModManager handles the mod-packs to know if it is ok with them being dynamnic, but I believe it should at-least update the CC framework correctly. Alternatively, there is the typical full install or manual update. If you want to customize it to 1, 10 or 20 pages, be sure to apply the respective patch before then running the update.bat as usual. If you have reduced your total mod-pack count, then you'll have to delete the extra folders that are no longer needed, I don't automatically delete them as a precaution. Also, I removed all of the unnecessary INI code from the "empty" mod-pack template which should decrease load-times further, but if you want to take advantage of that, you'll have to delete all of your unused mod-pack folders and then re-run update.bat to recreate them with the new template.

CCModPackGenerator patch for Shandy:

CCModPackGenerator.exe.config 3.27 kB · 12 downloads

@aqlius - My assumption would be that the mod includes a custom ps-cb2 file that is now out-of-date. the ps-cb2 files currently include a material index that game updates can cause the materials to shift around and then the material parameters wouldn't be the same as before until the ps-cb2 is updated to use the new index.

Solved in v2.5.

Thank you.

I did a double take. I remembered I messed that up last time and made sure not to do it this time for Shandy (and for Shandy I did it correctly), but I didn't realize I modified the previously messed up version when Amy was added from before and not the corrected one.

I reuploaded it above but also I'll drop it here just in case people don't realize it was fixed:

CCModPackGenerator.exe.config

• 2 weeks later...

@KuroKaze78 

Thanks for such a great mod! I haven't had any issues with it so far & can't imagine the game without it.

does it load toenail/fingernail presets from the skin mod one is using (i'm using 4K Skins and HI-METAL for the girls 4K doesn't have yet) or from somewhere else?

Honoka is using the 4K skin and I edited the texture so her nails are painted, however when using any CC costume her nails remain at default...

Spoiler

DOAX-VenusVacation_220913_143357.jpg.b187d5b74069619276994beb6aae3089.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220913_143507.jpg.35a840f85122400c43f254f5e93024c1.jpg

would you know how to fix this by tweaking the general CC mod files you made, or does each 3rd party CC mod load it's own body texture and that's the issue? Thank you regardless ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a file anywhere that includes nipples that u can change as the base of CC mods. I remember finding one somewhere since I also kept a back-up of the originals. But the one i found out messed up my honoka bodies nipples so before i revet the changes by pasting the backedup files i wonder if there are other options that i could try. Although said problem only ocurs with hi-metal's honoka body skins.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, goukenslayer said:

i havent played the game i a while, updated to 2.5. all the costumes are black and white? anyfix? do i need a updated d3dx.ini?

It's a problem with ps-cb2 buf files. Some of the individual mod creators released updated files; and maybe a bat file to auto replace the old files. If you have a lot of CC mods it's a tedious task to update manually.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, krunkDunk said:

It's a problem with ps-cb2 buf files. Some of the individual mod creators released updated files; and maybe a bat file to auto replace the old files. If you have a lot of CC mods it's a tedious task to update manually.

thanks i'll take some time to look around

On 10/28/2022 at 7:23 AM, lroevie said:

It seems that after the latest DMM version update, when using CC, the common type girl's skin turns dark. But both honoka type and marie type are fine.  Is this my problem or a new bug?

The second Halloween update definitely changed some of the shading around and some of the costumes are shiny. I don't know if this has effected skin colors. I'll have to check next time I play. 

@muriri

Which version (DMM/Steam) and can you provide a screenshot? I can't reproduce in DMM, also make sure Honoka is assigned the matching slot for which one she is wearing (Takao/Dewa).

@lroevie

In the past, there was an issue with other mods that resulted in double counting PS-Shaders. If a mod then performed its own draw call, it would be drawn the total number of times the PS-Shader was matched resulting in alpha-blended items becoming darker and darker.

I don't use any ShaderOverrides that call "checktextureoverride" or run any of the ase CommandListClothes/Skin or anything like that which would be capable of such an issue. I would check the other mods you have installed to see if they do such a thing.

@Dudebro90

Yes, the material indexes changed around once again which for now still requires corrected ps-cb2 resources to their new index. On that note, I'd like to share that I got custom imported materials to work, which once released should help alleviate that problem in the future.

This will allow modders to export/save-off the materials referenced by their ps-cb2 so they aren't affected by the game's material array changing and also allow persistent custom materials that aren't available in the game's provided material array. Also, while it uses MaterialEditor.ini shader logic, the importing shaders and using them alongside ps-cb2 is available globally to any mod as long as CC is installed (or some cut-out portion of the relevant shader logic if you are against using CC).

image.thumb.png.17ccee0f6b73cad0207651c51f21405c.png

image.png.136559fd8817fbc8e7cfbd9f9f14d1de.png

Which version (DMM/Steam) and can you provide a screenshot? I can't reproduce in DMM, also make sure Honoka is assigned the matching slot for which one she is wearing (Takao/Dewa).

Sorry, there was a problem with the name of the mesh file.
Thanks for the reply!

Edited by muriri