Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

DOAX_VV_D6HQw9U6m5.png

I have a problem making a bra mod. The thing was on the emblem, It cuts itself into haft that  should be a whole object. I believe the problem is on the weights? Im really stump what to do. Can some body help me fix this. Thank you.

@B.M.C - Here's an updated one for the newer Skin Shader that changed back last month, I made the exact same changes as before so it should function the same.

d4490acbf65bd5e3-ps_replace.txt

@Maasim - At a minimum its definitely the weights. If you transferred the weights based on nearest vertex for the emblem, it likely borrowed the weights of the vertices in the breasts which will deform along with how the breasts move. It likely should be more heavily weights on the weight paint for the chest vertex group shown below, however if the emblem is too big, it might clip into the breasts if there is no influence on the emblem for the breast vertex groups.

image.png.1b9a3927675fd5e69c0feba360cab0bf.png

@HattoWW - It isn't really CC specific or anything, it was a quick edit I did to enable darker tans. It's not the most robust and may not look all that great for all characters (especially at max tan level), but its easy enough to play around with to try and find a tan color you like. To use it, just drop it in your ShaderFixes folder and press F10 (or restart the game).

If you want to adjust the color values, edit the following lines and then reload:

// SkinSuntanColor override (currently NyoTengu's color for all girls)
r4.xyz = float3(0.32, 0.38, 0.4);

// Flat Tan Darkening
r4.w = 0.5;

On 7/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@HattoWW - It isn't really CC specific or anything, it was a quick edit I did to enable darker tans. It's not the most robust and may not look all that great for all characters (especially at max tan level), but its easy enough to play around with to try and find a tan color you like. To use it, just drop it in your ShaderFixes folder and press F10 (or restart the game).

If you want to adjust the color values, edit the following lines and then reload:

// SkinSuntanColor override (currently NyoTengu's color for all girls)
r4.xyz = float3(0.32, 0.38, 0.4);

// Flat Tan Darkening
r4.w = 0.5;

Cool, it works, thanks!

F10 is not really working, I need to restart the game so it's frustrating but still...

for this:

r4.w = 0.5;

any other float just crush the game (i mean i tried 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.6, none of them worked). How is that supposed to work?

and last question: how can I get the other float3(0.xx, 0.xx, 0.xx) tan colors of all the other girls?

thanks

@WhiteFlagge - The value of r4.w is basically a flat addition to the current tan level where it will raise the minimum tan level (and also the maximum tan level). The tan level is normally a value between 0-1 for a given point on the skin, with the r4.w set to 0.5, the tan level is now going to be between 0.5-1.5. The higher the number, the darker the tan.

For the tan colors of the other girls; originally when I did this I didn't know as much so I believe I actually guessed them and did trial and error with forcing the output to a certain value if i didn't get it within a small enough region and repeated until i got 2 decimal points. Now, looking at it, it should be easy enough to just add exporting the ps-cb0 for the CommandListSkin and looking at buf[4].xyz

d3dx.ini modification - Add the orange text

[CommandListSkin]
$shader_type = 2
if $dump_skin_clothes
 ; Dump body texture:
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds
 ; Dump tan texture:
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t3 mono dds
 ; Dump mesh:
 analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf
 ; Dump skinning matrices:
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate vs-cb2 txt buf
 ; Dump Skin parameters
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate ps-cb0 txt

endif
if $costume_mods && (!frame_analysis || $dump_modded_meshes)
 ; Enable body texture replacement by texture hash:
 checktextureoverride = ps-t0
 ; Enable mesh replacement by either vertex or indexbuffer hash, must be done
 ; after texture replacements, because this will replace the draw call:
 checktextureoverride = vb0
 checktextureoverride = ib
endif

I used NyoTengu at the time because it seemed most appropriate at the time. Some of the characters' Tan colors have too much Red or Blue in them and when exaggerated to 1.5x or 2x it no longer looks like any skin color.

@SavageMoonBoy - So, I actually fixed the Scorpion release you pushed out previously and saw your release post about the custom body so I figured you were intentional with it not being compatible, so I didn't message you about it. Anyhow, here's how i fixed it:

NOTE: Do this after you adjust the weight paint / vertex groups to be compatible.

1. Import the body meshes involving the seams (legs and torso) from the mod.
  2. Import the base CC shared chest mesh (CostumeCustomizer/shared/Common_Chest.vb)
  3. Select the custom torso mesh
  4. Switch to Edit Mode
  5. Select all the vertices along the leg seamimage.png.9e37585d28c25873572cb67f72a280a6.png
  6. Add a new Vertex Groupimage.png.659798c36d63d1d431a4cc8924a1e99d.png
  7. Assign the selected vertices to the new vertex groupimage.png.372149eff2a8a3e7e6be8661de7cc52e.png
  8. Ensure the Common_Chest is visible
  9. Switch to Object Mode
  10. Add a Shrinkwrap Modifier to the custom torso with the following settingsimage.png.2bb5cf6ab4554a7b7a5a605b1db4da7a.png
  11. Hit "Apply" for the modifier
  12. Add a DataTransfer Modifier to the custom torso with the following settingsimage.png.7fb53ba17f75572a5eb72f19a96a2e0b.png
  13. Hit "Apply"
  14. Add a DataTransfer Modifier to the custom torso with the following settingsimage.png.653fb220f823635b55492ab6ae41e28e.png
  15. Hit "Generate Data Layers"
  16. Hit "Apply"
  17. Remove the "Group" Vertex Group that was added to the custom torsoimage.png.cf4ba9e05f0d66d1e1a674f62311f9a2.png
  18. Switch to Weight Paint Mode
  19. Normalize Allimage.png.9acdff231d5df77549ab60171341bfd4.png
  20. Repeat Steps 3-19 for the custom leg mesh (it's fine to import the data from the Common_Chest mesh for the legs because the position, vertex groups and normals are expected to match at the seams)
  21. Export the meshes.

This should all be fine as long as they are "close enough" and have the same vertex count for the seams (pretty typical) since it should blend with the surrounding vertices for the legs/torso.

The way this works is the new vertex group that was temporarily added acts as a boundary to only apply the modifiers on the vertices that are a part of the vertex group (the seams). The shrinkwrap modifier w/ Mode "Nearest Vertex" snaps the vertices to the same location as the vertices on the base mesh. The Data Transfer Modifier for Face Corner Data - Custom Normals matches the normals (which ends up affecting the shading applied) from the base mesh since the vertices match exactly. The Data Transfer Modifier for Vertex Data - Vertex Groups matches the weight paint for the matching vertex groups and "Generate Data Layers" ensures all of the vertex groups present in the source end up on the destination mesh.

One last thing that may be more suitable that I haven't yet needed to try would be to also include "UVs" in addition to Custom Normals during the data transfer. I haven't been able to notice any seams in the UVs however its also possible that with the newer higher resolution skin textures modders are starting to create there may be a discernible difference so this may be needed as well.

I'll update the "Seam Fix" tutorial in the 2nd post to use this more descriptive set rather than the older directions that only really matched the normals.

@KuroKaze78 Thanks. You guide was very clear and detail. 

2 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

So, I actually fixed the Scorpion release you pushed out previously and saw your release post about the custom body so I figured you were intentional with it not being compatible, so I didn't message you about it.

Yeah, that was my original intention. But now the mods I'm making are more simple in design so I decided to try to make them compatible with the rest.

7 hours ago, lhk93006 said:

DOAX-VenusVacation_200719_122522.jpg.3377be8662e7e99fa4eac16a734b8840.jpg

Costume Customizer's basic nude body has this problem. I'm using latest version.

Of course I read HI-METAL's post below but I couldn't understand because I'm not mod creator.

Please How can I solve this problem of Costume Customizer.

I'm not really sure how this went on for as long as it did, if anyone tried to bring this up to my attention in the past that was broken like that I'm sorry for missing it. I do recall seeing it myself a long time ago but I thought I just had a outdated skin texture for that character at the time. Anyhow, I'm going to have to look into the blender plugin because i have no idea why the active "UV Mapping" is making any kind of difference during export so I'd like to know what its doing differently. Fixing it was easy enough, as I just had to load each of the 4 meshes (Common Groin, Common Chest, Honoka Groin, Honoka Chest) and re--export them again after changing the active UV map before the export accordingly (TEXCOORD.zw for Common, TEXCOORD1.xy for Honoka based on mono's post). Released v1.9.7 with the fix.

I'm always hestitant to "upgrade" the meshes in the default, because some mods already count on them, and swapping them out w/o re-addjusting weights may cause clipping that wasn't there before, now in that case, if they don't want to upgrade it, they can always copy in the old body groin mesh and use it as a "custom" body mesh to revert it. The other alternative is I don't update the default, but include it in the shared folder as an alternative starting point for new custom body meshes.

I'd like to hear thoughts from those that have published packs, but in the meantime, I did go and check all the packs available in Mon Manager and I think only my mods may be the only one w/ clothes mixed with the default body mesh rather than custom. I could be wrong, and share your thoughts, but if it is just me, I'll go ahead and adopt the updated mesh.

I think that eventually the meshes of the body must be upgraded. The low poly of the meshes is very noticeable when you compare it with some custom meshes from other modders (I've only used the default mesh until now). It will require less work if the update is done as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

I'm not really sure how this went on for as long as it did, if anyone tried to bring this up to my attention in the past that was broken like that I'm sorry for missing it. I do recall seeing it myself a long time ago but I thought I just had a outdated skin texture for that character at the time. Anyhow, I'm going to have to look into the blender plugin because i have no idea why the active "UV Mapping" is making any kind of difference during export so I'd like to know what its doing differently. Fixing it was easy enough, as I just had to load each of the 4 meshes (Common Groin, Common Chest, Honoka Groin, Honoka Chest) and re--export them again after changing the active UV map before the export accordingly (TEXCOORD.zw for Common, TEXCOORD1.xy for Honoka based on mono's post). Released v1.9.7 with the fix.

thank you for the update

its perfect now:)

21 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

I'm always hestitant to "upgrade" the meshes in the default, because some mods already count on them, and swapping them out w/o re-addjusting weights may cause clipping that wasn't there before, now in that case, if they don't want to upgrade it, they can always copy in the old body groin mesh and use it as a "custom" body mesh to revert it. The other alternative is I don't update the default, but include it in the shared folder as an alternative starting point for new custom body meshes.

I'd like to hear thoughts from those that have published packs, but in the meantime, I did go and check all the packs available in Mon Manager and I think only my mods may be the only one w/ clothes mixed with the default body mesh rather than custom. I could be wrong, and share your thoughts, but if it is just me, I'll go ahead and adopt the updated mesh.

Will the update have an effect in the method to fix the seams? I'm planning in update my mods to made them compatible with other cc mods. I have used that method in two mods, so I wouldn't mind any change.

@SavageMoonBoy - No, the seam looks untouched, but I'll ensure the seam matches from before because that would definitely cause issues with existing mods.

@D.Va. - The default inis were only used back before persistent variables existed. They are empty because I didn't have a way to delete files with a drop in folder replacement so instead i just made them empty in subsequent patches. Now, just press F10 to reload which also forces the persistent variables to save once you set the outfits the way you want them.

If you are asking if you can still use Takao while using CostumeCustomizer, then the only real way is to re-add it via a Mod-Pack, which I've prepped a WIP that i did real quick for Common body only so far, I'll probably do the other 2 body-types this weekend, along with a quick formal release for MM and manual installation.

If you are asking about whether CC can be used on suits other than Takao, the answer is more complicated. The framework could likely port over to several other suits, however the Mod-Packs are far more tied to replacing Takao and any migration would require the creation of a toolset to do assuming the new replacement can accomodate all of the existing Vertex Groups w/o issue (highly unlikely w/o minimum compromises).

[CostumeCustomizer]Takao_v0.1.zip

Hi @KuroKaze78, I have a little request. I have a relatively weak laptop and I noticed that using CC slows down the F10 refresh speed significantly. the only reason I can think of why that happens is because it's searching for mods in 96 directories so I'm hoping that reducing that number would boost the performance. so if it's not too much trouble, can you make a sort of "lite" version of CC that has a max modpack support of 24 instead of 96?