Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@tantrave - So, that is actually intentional. The torso mesh is a bit a of a special case. It's always treated as an optional mesh so the mod-pack generator treats Off and Default as the same for that specific one. The intention, is The Breast and Groin meshes are force-fully overridden if you use a panty option that defines a torso mesh instead of a groin mesh. If you don't specify a torso mesh, then it will only use the settings for your groin mesh for the panty item and it will be rendered with the current breast mesh from your selected bra item. If you want both the breast mesh and groin body meshes to not be rendered, you would need to set the groin mesh to off and have a accompanying bra item that also has the breast mesh turned off.

Sorry for any confusion I know I haven't really added any tool-tips/notes directly in the application as most of my modder relevant notes are in the 3rd post of this topic.

Spoiler

21_BodyMeshBreakup.png.315ef1f26646fd7e4c79f79d8de54367.png

Now, if you change it from custom to Off/Default or from Off/Default to custom and that doesn't save that would be a bug.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, yoplay said:

download this you extract it puts in Mods Skins kokoro contents of the pack
ALTERNATIVE Kokoro nipple_L labia_close
Kokoro makeup

kokoro.rar 1.65 MB · 3 downloads

I'm also having a similar issue. I have a virgin set up of the customizer, which I've followed the instructions for exactly. I haven't installed any other mod or mod pack that wasn't included.

I only have Ayane and Marie available so far. The Demister during Gachas sees to work perfectly with both girls.1437304955_DOAXVenusVacation3_6_202010_13_00PM.png.ba7fe28d29cbcb49d1fa6db5b98ad3cc.png

I have no idea how to fix this. :(

although I do kinda like what could be a mole on her left breast lol but it's probably not supposed to be there.

EDIT: Is it because I'm using the Steam version? (I hope not! everything else seem to work)

13 hours ago, Dex Luther said:

I'm also having a similar issue. I have a virgin set up of the customizer, which I've followed the instructions for exactly. I haven't installed any other mod or mod pack that wasn't included.

I only have Ayane and Marie available so far. The Demister during Gachas sees to work perfectly with both girls.

although I do kinda like what could be a mole on her left breast lol but it's probably not supposed to be there.

EDIT: Is it because I'm using the Steam version? (I hope not! everything else seem to work)

You need some guy's nude models for it to work without those butter layers apparently, but the genitals look way more scuffed with that compared to the default nude skin you get with the orchid outfit.

15 hours ago, Dex Luther said:

I only have Ayane and Marie available so far. The Demister during Gachas sees to work perfectly with both girls.1437304955_DOAXVenusVacation3_6_202010_13_00PM.png.ba7fe28d29cbcb49d1fa6db5b98ad3cc.png

ayane skin pack extracted in mods folder create skin folder and extract file inside disabled other texture skin files risk of conflict

ayane.rar

@Youdon't - I can add it but it's not really going to be up on my priorities but next time I'm in there I'll try to add it.

@ukaxsan - So that shouldn't have been caused by my mod update. However, I've noticed that occasionally the game will update that will change the fresnelD parameters in the ps-cb2 occasionally, and because I exported them a while back and use those old ones as the default it seems like the export correlates to new fresnel settings now. I'll push out another small patch so that it grabs the default ps-cb2 on the fly rather than using an exported copy so at least the default stays up to date. That being said, you can also set your own ps-cb2 to adjust the sheen of the suit. I've exported the ps-cb2 from other suits with similar sheen to borrow those settings for other pieces (like Helena's Peace swimsuit or the gold SR bikinis for example).

EDIT: I've made a test of the changes and while yes it is slightly (very little) different, it's no where near as different than yours looks like I should be fine with the correction. Can you provide your before/after shots w/o ReShade? I did my own screenshots I just don't have yoru Blue variant RustyNail textures to try the same thing out (Puff isn't different enough for me to really judge properly).

Spoiler

TanTrave Rusty Nail w/ ukaxsan texture patch (Option 2)

version 1.8

image.png.a2c359d2b02a87a5564e0423b359733b.png

Version 1.9.1 (Identical visuals from 1.8)

image.png.64e3aa212e6594601cca745734fe5a7d.png

Planned Version 1.9.2

image.png.45a7dbb322563e64b71fbb1be9789d05.png

Notice that the reflection is reduced at the edge of the breast and waist. While this is actually less reflection, to me this kind of makes sense given that this is based off the default ps-cb2 settings from the Takao suit which has a very FLAT sheen finish and it doesn't reflect much of the surrounding light. If i make this change, the base mod will be more resilient to changes regarding the fresnel settings since it could keep changing and constantly look different each time the game is updated.  Originally I was attempting to fix it by saving it via a ref copy but that didn't turn out as I think it should have (especially with the alpha ps-cb2). Doing the full copy the change is much more noticeable and seems to match with ukaxsan's findings.

All,

V1.9.2 has been released, it addresses the issues identified by ukaxsan related to the light reflections. With this update, the default settings should maintain their correct parameters along with unintentional game updates, however for modders please realize that if you do decide to use ps-cb2 buffers, game updates can cause the fresnel parameters to change and if you want to maintain the same look as before you'll have to update the ps-cb2 buffers to be the correct new FresnelID (not that I have any real clue how to actually figure those out ahead of time). if the ps-cb2 buffer was borrowed from something already in the game, then you can easily just re-export the ps-cb2 buffer and replace the old one.

@Manit0u

Likely a mod you have your your default skins for certain characters (the ones that are messed up) are using incompatible skins. In v2.0 I'm going to just add in their own default skins with-in the mod for each character so it doesn't rely on people having their global skin be compatible.

On a side note, I started working on v2.0 today, didn't have much going on so I worked most of the day on it. I've gotten to the point where I can have 2 slots defined and they render correctly for the most part. I realized that I didn't really think about shadows again and thats going to be a problem. I'm using the different clothing textures to tell the clothing meshes apart between Dewa/Takao suits and adding a UI to define which characters are using which (Dewa or Takao) to differentiate the body draw calls based on the unique character skin hashes (except for Kasumi and Misaki because they use the same skin texture, sorry). The shadows however, have literally nothing to differentiate. Same ib hash, same vb0 hash, no ps-t# inputs, either I compromise and add to the options UI the ability to force all shadows to follow slot 1 or slot 2 or I try crazier things. One possible way I could attempt to address it would be to require 2 different hand accessories to attempt to borrow the shadow calls for the accessories as reserved for slot1/slot2 shadows but this seems ridiculously convoluted and hackish. (Edit doesn't solve the problem of getting the body skinning (vs-cb) early enough per frame

Preview w/o shadows:

image.thumb.png.c70f0f7c5969f0f29323709c6e27f127.png

On a developer note, I'm pretty much at the point where I would nearly kill for resource/variable array support in 3DMigoto at this point. It would take a bit of time to convert it to use them but I'm now at 12,500+ lines in each character model INI file.

So, I got a working solution for shadows and all of the rendering handling is there. However, now I'm dealing with concerns over optimization of resource copying. At the moment it went from ~800 reference copies to ~4000 in the studio for a single character and from ~1000 to ~7000 for 2 characters in owner room. I can probably cut that back down the original if i duplicate all of the rendering code for each slot rather than loading slot1/slot2 before each generic rendering call (its just those 12,500 lines will probably go to 16,000+).

The other problem is that I should probably be using almost exclusively reference copies, but because I didn't realize what I was doing so long ago when I first prototyped all of this, the mod-packs do full copies and they would need to be fixed. This means that all of the Mod-Pack INIs need to be corrected. I figure the most painless way to do this would be to add a routine to CCModPackGenerator that would recursively regenerate all the INI files for any CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml it finds in a directory passed into it (or drag and drop the folder onto the exe). This would blow away any custom INI logic inserted afterwards into the 3 main INI files that are auto-generated. Does any modder actually modify these after the fact, if so, do I need to add an option to extend the CommandLists so they can reference external INI files?

15 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Manit0u

Likely a mod you have your your default skins for certain characters (the ones that are messed up) are using incompatible skins. In v2.0 I'm going to just add in their own default skins with-in the mod for each character so it doesn't rely on people having their global skin be compatible.

Hmm... Maybe I'm doing something wrong. All the mods I have are the CCM, straps and lace mods and Knight's skin mods and a couple of his SSR costume mods and that's it.

I did tinker around with them a bit though (I'm using Nyotengu's pubes on Ayane since I think they fit better, but didn't experience any problems with that so far). It's really surprising that Honoka body works just fine but all the others are broken.

If you give me any tips on how I could further help with identifying the underlying problem I'd be glad to help out. Should I maybe move some files from the skin mods to the CCM folder?

@Manit0u - Knight77's skin mods don't utilize the UV mapping used w/ the "Hi-Res" mesh UV-mapping which is what makes it incompatible, not sure why Dex Luther recommended using those (may need to delete that post to avoid confusion). For the most part, the skin mods don't really care about what folder they are in, but in almost all cases, they change the skin texture for everything else.

For the time being, you'll need to use one of the compatible skin-mods, most common are the ones provided by HI-METAL which someone compiled a download section for them:

On 3/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

So, I got a working solution for shadows and all of the rendering handling is there. However, now I'm dealing with concerns over optimization of resource copying. At the moment it went from ~800 reference copies to ~4000 in the studio for a single character and from ~1000 to ~7000 for 2 characters in owner room. I can probably cut that back down the original if i duplicate all of the rendering code for each slot rather than loading slot1/slot2 before each generic rendering call (its just those 12,500 lines will probably go to 16,000+).

The other problem is that I should probably be using almost exclusively reference copies, but because I didn't realize what I was doing so long ago when I first prototyped all of this, the mod-packs do full copies and they would need to be fixed. This means that all of the Mod-Pack INIs need to be corrected. I figure the most painless way to do this would be to add a routine to CCModPackGenerator that would recursively regenerate all the INI files for any CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml it finds in a directory passed into it (or drag and drop the folder onto the exe). This would blow away any custom INI logic inserted afterwards into the 3 main INI files that are auto-generated. Does any modder actually modify these after the fact, if so, do I need to add an option to extend the CommandLists so they can reference external INI files?

If there is no Influence on the INI prepared individually by Modder, Such as accessories INI, I think it will not be a problem.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:46 PM, tuna780628 said:

Is it normal for the buttocks to have a missing angle after loading?

20190609112849_1.jpg

Rejoice! For I finally got around and fixed the issue with the Common body butt. Once again more people brought this up in other topics so even though its been this way since the beginning and I was hoping for someone to kinda implement the Hi-Res mesh UV into the clean common body mesh I didn't really ever see it happen (unless I missed it). Anyhow, I used a vertex-group corrected mesh provided by @IceTree5 (that was actually given to me over a year ago) and spliced it with the nipple and pubic regions of the HI-RES mesh and then proceed to fix all the seams from the splicing and to properly blend with any existing mod-pack body mesh. As a result, you get v1.9.3 to hold you over while I continue working on v2.0. The original issue is primarily from the weight paint as I did all the body mesh splicing and everything then transferred the old weights and it still had the original issue, but since the clean mesh looked nicer in the long-run i decided to finish using the new mesh.

From my testing it looks like it should be fine and there aren't any glaring mistakes (keyword glaring), I did notice i have a small impression on the inner thigh but no where near as bad was what it used to, I have some noticeable cut-over from where the HI-RES pubic region meets the original clean mesh, but that was always there on the original mesh so maybe I'm just using outdated skin textures that didn't blend it very well.

Please realize that this only fixed the default body mesh if a mod-pack didn't provide their own body mesh. If they did, then they will need to correct it on their side. I am still in the process of generating an updated blender file with the new body mesh and weight paint/vertex groups. In the mean-time (hopefully no longer than a week), you can always transfer weights from the included Common.vb/ib in the shared folder rather than using BodyWeights_Common_HighRes in the v2 blender file.

On the topic of the v2.0 update, I'm in the process of switching how I develop the INI files to use Jinja2 templates. This largely means nothing to everyone else but basically I started driving myself nuts trying to make adjustments in testing since I had to make the same corrections in tons of places either through clever regex replacements or manually. So far I've only converted about 5000 lines of the tenative v2.0's 13000 lines and reduced those 5000 lines to ~250 lines.

6 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Rejoice! For I finally got around and fixed the issue with the Common body butt. Once again more people brought this up in other topics so even though its been this way since the beginning and I was hoping for someone to kinda implement the Hi-Res mesh UV into the clean common body mesh I didn't really ever see it happen (unless I missed it). Anyhow, I used a vertex-group corrected mesh provided by @IceTree5 (that was actually given to me over a year ago) and spliced it with the nipple and pubic regions of the HI-RES mesh and then proceed to fix all the seams from the splicing and to properly blend with any existing mod-pack body mesh. As a result, you get v1.9.3 to hold you over while I continue working on v2.0. The original issue is primarily from the weight paint as I did all the body mesh splicing and everything then transferred the old weights and it still had the original issue, but since the clean mesh looked nicer in the long-run i decided to finish using the new mesh.

From my testing it looks like it should be fine and there aren't any glaring mistakes (keyword glaring), I did notice i have a small impression on the inner thigh but no where near as bad was what it used to, I have some noticeable cut-over from where the HI-RES pubic region meets the original clean mesh, but that was always there on the original mesh so maybe I'm just using outdated skin textures that didn't blend it very well.

Please realize that this only fixed the default body mesh if a mod-pack didn't provide their own body mesh. If they did, then they will need to correct it on their side. I am still in the process of generating an updated blender file with the new body mesh and weight paint/vertex groups. In the mean-time (hopefully no longer than a week), you can always transfer weights from the included Common.vb/ib in the shared folder rather than using BodyWeights_Common_HighRes in the v2 blender file.

On the topic of the v2.0 update, I'm in the process of switching how I develop the INI files to use Jinja2 templates. This largely means nothing to everyone else but basically I started driving myself nuts trying to make adjustments in testing since I had to make the same corrections in tons of places either through clever regex replacements or manually. So far I've only converted about 5000 lines of the tenative v2.0's 13000 lines and reduced those 5000 lines to ~250 lines.

u are wonderful

thank you for the great work