Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@snCooly - You are right about that, this is why I want to stop doing manual copy/paste for these things. In the v2.0 that I'm working on its all auto-generated from a texture file so as long as its correct for one character, it should be correct for all characters (outside of their unique hashes). Given that, the current Steam event going on right now should in theory continue with the part 2 that includes the Dewa SR suit (the suit that is a texture swap of Takao and functions as "slot 2" for CC v2.0), I'm going to try and crunch complete v2.0 this weekend, so I may not bother fixing the above issue (pre 2.0) if I make it looks like I'll finish 2.0 in the next 3 days.

9/5 Progress: Looking good for finishing up v2.0 real soon. Got all of the hard stuff out of the way and finally working properly post auto-generation from a template. Made all the performance improvements from my early prototype so ideally it shouldn't really be any more taxing than the current live version. Pretty much just have graphic work and rigging up the changing the active slot for a given character (note all of the extra LeiFang icons in the menu).

image.thumb.png.e5b7752a70c1153953301bd48fd7b0ae.png

@tantrave - The Pictorial Guide ideally was trying to hint at this but probably needs more context, didn't want to neccearrily bake in text in the graphic as people can't easily auto-translate that.

Before (mismatched slot assignment):

image.png.7eba8c303c6c10d8a6deb843b17eb2f7.png

Correction:

Hit F3 to bring up menu (Check which menu it's for at the bottom, in this case  this customization menu is for Takao), therfore we need to hit F3 again.

image.png.b9f1591f818551777baf361d2d25b427.png

- After Hitting F3 again to cycle to the Dewa customization menu:

image.png.d3799fd1f5b6bd807657206051edc66e.png1

Note that the small Honoka icon in the customization menu is grayed out. Hover over her icon and press 1 to switch her to use Dewa's customization.

image.png.c90176e6cd508f6e6e86f593b0c654c6.png

Now Honoka's icon is colored (active) and the issue is corrected.

The reason for this is, I can detect which suit is which based on the texture hash of the swimsuit to determine whether its Takao or Dewa, but when drawing the body, I can't differentiate between Takao or Dewa. Therefore, you must configure in the customization menu whether the body for each character should is supposed to use Takao's customization or Dewa's customization.

I don't know how to get it to work in the Steam version.
After update, it is not possible to switch mods for Takao and Dewa.
My characters just become naked?

It doesn't seem to be able to read old directory files,
resulting in the mod not being reflected.
Is there an easy way to update an old (installed) modpacks?

Well, I've dumped the ini files using Modpack generator myself. 
The panic is over?

Thanks for the awesome update. There is a problem with the batch update file.

1 hour ago, starash said:

I don't know how to get it to work in the Steam version.
After update, it is not possible to switch mods for Takao and Dewa.
My characters just become naked?

It doesn't seem to be able to read old directory files,
resulting in the mod not being reflected.
Is there an easy way to update an old (installed) modpacks?

If there is any space in the file root directory, the update doesn't work.

After renaming the directory only during the update. All the mods I have work properly. In steam and dmm, with a manual update or using modmanager.

Spoiler

1517881588_test(1).jpg.89fc16403fcc5cba8267b29f9a1e2793.jpg1419157016_test(2).thumb.jpg.a6c16a185d8fb33f132abb3f3373e2c9.jpg

Well, one of of the problems I had was that I had re-organized some CC mods. For example, putting the meshes in "meshes" folder and textures in "textures" folder and manually changed the ini file, but didn't update the xml file. This is a complete user error, not a problem with the update in case anyone else had errors with missing resources, make sure you didn't make the same mistake as me.

@starash / @SavageMoonBoy - Sorry about the update.bat issue, I forgot about that test case. Here's a fixed update.bat that should support spaces in the game's path.

update.bat

In a bit I'll prep a quick 2.0.1, just want to double check there aren't any other minor bugs that need a quick fix.

@krunkDunk - Sorry about that, I'll include an update in INI generation to add some header lines warning everyone the files are auto-generated and that manual changes can be lost.

v2.0.1 released - Includes corrected update.bat to support spaces, reordered empty folder generation and INI auto-generation to showcase the more useful errors when running manually last, added WARNING headers to the auto-generated INI files cautioning users from making manual modifications.

@Lagertha1919, @Sladesamm - Just to make sure, if you manage your mods manually, update.bat (ideally from 2.0.1) should be run again when you install a new mod-pack as well (especially if that mod-pack was released w/o CCModPackGenerator v2). One of the primary changes in v2 was switching all resource copies to ref copies and if a single mod-pack isn't updated, that mod-pack can spill over into other mod packs (usually the textures).

Also, double check the update.log inside the CostumeCustomizer folder to verify none of the packs failed to regenerate. If they did, let me know which ones and I can look into it.

I update to 2.0.1 and run the update.bat file and get no errors.

It appears to be a BP boobs specific issue. If I reset her skin to default it looks normal. But when I select one of the BP boobs, that is when I get the black torso. I suspect a pointer changed and is not correct for Steam.

My other concern, is that since updating to CC 2, DOAXVV always creates a dump file when closing, signifying it is not closing gracefully.

DOAX_VV 2020-09-10 09-47-58.png

DOAX_VV 2020-09-10 09-48-10.png

update.log

@Sladesamm - I'll have to look into this more after work. I reproduced the black issue once but noticed i was using an older BP Boobs version in my Steam game (also yours doesn't seem to be the latest version either) and when i reloaded (F10) the issue went away and I can't reproduce it again even after removing the newer BP Boobs in addition to relaunching the game. I'll see if i can reproduce it again later tonight. For now, you can try using F10 and see if it crops up again later, but on the small testing I've done just now, it seems like it temporarily resolved it.

In reference to the crashing on close, that may be due to the update but I believe is a bug in 3DMigoto where its trying to double-free texture ref copies. This originally happened when I first was trying to make CC way back pre v1.0 and was the reason why I didn't use ref copies for the texture files. However by doing that there is a constant increased resource cost the entire time using the mod instead of running lighter the entire time with the occasional crash on close when 3DMigoto unloads. I'll try questioning DarkStar about it but there there isn't intended to be any restriction on doing ref copies for texture files.

I'm F10'in to save changes to other costumes but it doesn't help with her. Even deleted d3dx_user.ini or cntrl-alt-F10 doesn't help.

I am using an older version of BPB (just before crotch update). Though Ayane isn't a good example, I prefer pubic hair option so I rolled back. I figured there was no sense in having the extra options if I wasn't using it - bloat and all.

I normally wouldn't have caught the dump file thing if it wasn't for me moving files around for the CC update. Normally there is an unexpected app close, or error preceding the dump file. But not in this case.

@Sladesamm - So I found a way to reproduce it reliably, there is probably other ways but heres the steps I found:

1. Switch to a Common Character (other than Ayane, tested with Momiji, Hitomi, Kokoro)
  2. Ensure she is wearing Takao or Dewa
  3. Reload (F10)
  4. Switch to Ayane
  5. Wear Takao or Dewa and a mod that replaces the Skin texture for Ayane like BP Boobs (also reproduces the issue if she is already wearing it)

Why these steps matter and why it seems like only Ayane is affected by this, I don't really know. I'll keep looking into it. FYI, this can be reproduced in both Steam and DMM.

Edit: I think I have a way to avoid the issue, I can understand why there could be an issue related to how the skin textures are handled but I'm not understanding why Ayane is appearing to be the one one with issues. It looks like I can avoid the problem if I avoid doing a reference copy from a resource that was also referenced copied in the same draw call. I'll test it out a bit more tomorrow before I push out a patch to make sure there aren't any other issues that crop up from the change.

@Hans Jürgen - Double check you performed the steps showcased here while using v2+ as I suspect that it might solve your issues: 

If you revert, you'll have to either re-install the mod-packs (assuming they haven't re-released targetting v2+) or load them each with v1.5 of CCModPackGenerator to regenerate the old logic yourself because the INI logic was updated to support v2.0 which uses different INIResources when you updated to v2+.