Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 1/11/2022 at 2:18 PM, aurreth said:

You aren't supposed to get out of bed the 2nd time, the scene takes care of that.  You get in to bed, Sloane and Darius have some discussion, Darius comes into the cell, Sloane chases him out, and so on.  Eventually you will automatically stand up.  Yes, it is a bit prolonged and awkward, Laura said she'd tweak it later.  Just wait it out, and you'll end up back downstairs in a cell, where you take control of your character again.

If you installed the alpha fix after you already started Origin it will mess up, because your save expects Darius to be in one place and the fix moves him someplace else.  The fix only works if you continue with a save from before Origin begins, i.e. before you give Glemme her sword back.  The fix alters the Origin quest script, so you can't install it on a save where that script is already running.

Hm, so prior to the alpha patch, I got to the cell and darius never came in, never got in the bed the first time, it just kind of stalled. So, then I installed the alpha update and loaded a save prior to origin starting, then played through again. This time Darius did appear, stuff happened, but the second time I went to bed, I just kept lying there instead of getting up. Probably been waiting 6-8 minutes now, tried loading a save, still no dice. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Playing on SE, followup quest to "Ghosts of the past" isn't starting. Laura has no dialog options and i have no quests ongoing.

Did you leave as soon as they did or did you wait for the dialogue to end?

Hey, a bit of a recommendation/request: in-shop modelling. A prospective customer comes in, and requests the "cute [insert your race here/whatever she is(if using a race mod)] model the gear for me". Laura then begs you to go along with it, perhaps to Katarina's chagrin since she's asking a customer(albeit one who is also a friend) to model for a customer. From then on, you can request to model for visiting customers.

15 hours ago, pete6124 said:

Hm, so prior to the alpha patch, I got to the cell and darius never came in, never got in the bed the first time, it just kind of stalled. So, then I installed the alpha update and loaded a save prior to origin starting, then played through again. This time Darius did appear, stuff happened, but the second time I went to bed, I just kept lying there instead of getting up. Probably been waiting 6-8 minutes now, tried loading a save, still no dice. Any ideas?

When you lie down on the bed do Sloane and Darius go to bed as well and have a conversation?  Does Darius come into the cell and stand over you while you are lying in bed?  Do Sloane and Darius leave the bedroom?

There is a lot of stuff that happens during that "sleep", and you spend a lot of time just lying on the bed while NPCs move and talk around you.  There aren't any fade-to-blacks to break things up, and overall the pacing is a bit awkward.  That also, unfortunately, makes diagnosing the problem difficult:  knowing what the player is doing doesn't help, we need to know what the NPCs are saying, because pretty much the entire scene is you just listening to them.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

I did wait and since then did some other shop quests, saved and even restarted Skyrim inbetween. Just no followup available for main quest.

You also said you don't have dialogue options. You meant no new dialogue option for the new quest, right? If that's the case, use command 'GetStage Laura_SQ07_Quest' and let me know what it says.

1 hour ago, Laura said:

You also said you don't have dialogue options. You meant no new dialogue option for the new quest, right? If that's the case, use command 'GetStage Laura_SQ07_Quest' and let me know what it says.

GetStage >> 1000

(Yes all other dialogs were showing)

Edited by Zaflis
48 minutes ago, justvisitingboopboop said:

I'm on AE

That's why.  You need the AE version of Devious Devices:

@zarantha  BTW, DD 5.2 beta 3 is where I started supporting AE. You can get that version and the updated DLL on the troubleshooting post.

Even then it might not work, and I'm not sure if anyone here can provide any AE support.  

49 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Even then it might not work, and I'm not sure if anyone here can provide any AE support.  

I'm currently playing this through as AE (no i don't have bought the Steam's DLC but latest SE version is same engine). There are no notable issues as far as i can tell. Chain restraints have their physics swinging and all with SMP. Necessary API mods are already out there.

On top of that, from beginning to end i've had 0 CTD's.

I mean there was that 1 issue i posted above, but in order to finish "Ghosts in the past" i played through a very significant portion of the mod. Including the bandit cave.

Edited by Zaflis
42 minutes ago, aurreth said:

That's why.  You need the AE version of Devious Devices:

I've got the DD 5.2 beta 3 installed.

2 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I'm currently playing this through as AE (no i don't have bought the Steam's DLC but latest SE version is same engine). There are no notable issues as far as i can tell. Chain restraints have their physics swinging and all with SMP. Necessary API mods are already out there.

are there any particular updates to mods for this one I should be on the lookout for that could be messing with stuff?

13 minutes ago, justvisitingboopboop said:

I've got the DD 5.2 beta 3 installed.

are there any particular updates to mods for this one I should be on the lookout for that could be messing with stuff?

Well, you need to pay careful attention to download AE versions of all mods you can. Needing Address Library, remember Engine Fixes has 2 parts where 1 goes in SkyrimSE root folder, HDT-SMP does not work (use Faster HDT-SMP instead), SexLab 1.64c, SOS PapyrusUtil beta-4, MfgFix-AE...

Edited by Zaflis
17 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

On top of that, from beginning to end i've had 0 CTD's.

I mean there was that 1 issue i posted above, but in order to finish "Ghosts in the past" i played through a very significant portion of the mod. Including the bandit cave.

I haven't been brave enough to attempt an update yet.  Bethesda keeps fixing stuff, and I don't want to spend all my time chasing down mod updates when they do.  I mean maybe if I get really, really bored this weekend.... ?

49 minutes ago, aurreth said:

1000 is the last stage.  Does the quest show as complete in your quest log?

Spoiler

ScreenShot3.png.b1a6f1593cf636bad7ba0e3b610290f7.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot4.png.c439406a5802fc85832fb7c875131052.png

Spoiler

quest.png.8aae565b5bb2f6380dc045518baa3b90.png

Hmm.. I do have Bondage shop 3.32 but a voice pack overrides the esp :s  That could be for old version... damn.

Yeah problem solved.

Edited by Zaflis

Regarding the chastity belt quest Locked Away

Spoiler

Would love to see an option where Laura keeps you locked up in the belt after completing your term of service and receiving your payment.  Instead of unlocking you from the belt while in the jail cell then eventually unlocking the door, Laura could require that you would have to put the belt back on in order to get out of the cell.  Of course, in keeping with the voluntary nature of the mod, this would only trigger under certain dialogue conditions (saying "I loved it," for instance) or with an MCM setting.  Once you've had enough "fun" with the chastity belt, you follow the "Hated It" dialogue branch to get your full freedom.  Just a thought.

Edited by transplantedgreener
3 hours ago, transplantedgreener said:

Reveal hidden contents

Would love to see an option where Laura keeps you locked up in the belt after completing your term of service and receiving your payment.  Instead of unlocking you from the belt while in the jail cell then eventually unlocking the door, Laura could require that you would have to put the belt back on in order to get out of the cell.  Of course, in keeping with the voluntary nature of the mod, this would only trigger under certain dialogue conditions (saying "I loved it," for instance) or with an MCM setting.  Once you've had enough "fun" with the chastity belt, you follow the "Hated It" dialogue branch to get your full freedom.  Just a thought.

Spoiler

More like an "I love it, but I need my freedom now. I haven't slept well in days." route.

9 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm.. I do have Bondage shop 3.32 but a voice pack overrides the esp :s  That could be for old version... damn.

Yeah problem solved.

Glad it's solved. :)

But this is why creators don't usually like voicepacks and stuff like that. We get weird reports about stuff that should work and we don't see how it could fail. You know what you're talking about, so you figured it out yourself. But a lot of people don't even remember installing stuff like that. Or they don't know that it could cause an issue. It means I have to be sceptical about every bug report and that's super annoying. The majority of reports I get are things that end up not being my fault.

Sorry for the rant. ?

8 hours ago, transplantedgreener said:

Hide contents

Thanks for the suggestion. Having to say you hate it to get out is a bit silly though. :P

That's where CDS was a bit iffy. If you told them you liked it, they locked you in it forever without asking or telling you. If I remember correctly, there was a way to get out but you had to pretend to be a domme. Which is weird.

But I have a bunch of Locked Away-ish stuff planned for after the story. :D

Funny story, chastity belts are not for me. I just don't like them that much. That's why the first version of Locked Away was a bit bland. But I don't dislike them and I see the appeal. So I contacted someone who's really into chastity belts and we brainstormed a lot together. That was a while ago and I could do that again when I get around to updating it again.

14 hours ago, Laura said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Having to say you hate it to get out is a bit silly though. :P

That's where CDS was a bit iffy. If you told them you liked it, they locked you in it forever without asking or telling you. If I remember correctly, there was a way to get out but you had to pretend to be a domme. Which is weird.

But I have a bunch of Locked Away-ish stuff planned for after the story. :D

Funny story, chastity belts are not for me. I just don't like them that much. That's why the first version of Locked Away was a bit bland. But I don't dislike them and I see the appeal. So I contacted someone who's really into chastity belts and we brainstormed a lot together. That was a while ago and I could do that again when I get around to updating it again.

I use a survival mod, and I believe chastity belts keep you from getting a good night's sleep if you're too aroused. In fact, gags keep you from getting food/drink, too. Perhaps that could be used as a way to get the equipment off, or at least remedied in some way?

On 1/15/2022 at 5:18 AM, Laura said:

Glad it's solved. :)

But this is why creators don't usually like voicepacks and stuff like that. We get weird reports about stuff that should work and we don't see how it could fail. You know what you're talking about, so you figured it out yourself. But a lot of people don't even remember installing stuff like that. Or they don't know that it could cause an issue. It means I have to be sceptical about every bug report and that's super annoying. The majority of reports I get are things that end up not being my fault.

Sorry for the rant. ?

This was my exact issue from earlier. I found this comment and uninstalled the voicepack and was finally able to finish the story that's currently available, which is excellent btw.

Spoiler

When confronting Jade, she takes my coin as well as the equipment. However, I'm a homeless, unlucky sap who sleeps in the streets next to braziers and squirrels away whatever gold I'm lucky to get somewhere only I can get it until I need it. Maybe she can notice this and briefly comment on it, perhaps with a "With how poor you are, I almost feel bad about what I'm going to do."?

On 1/15/2022 at 4:18 AM, Laura said:

Master actually gave you a ring or something to remove the belt, I assume to let you take it off to stop it from interfering with other quests. Of course you were supposed to put it back on, but that was kind of pointless after the mod had run its course.

Edited by aurreth
2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

When confronting Jade, she takes my coin as well as the equipment. However, I'm a homeless, unlucky sap who sleeps in the streets next to braziers and squirrels away whatever gold I'm lucky to get somewhere only I can get it until I need it. Maybe she can notice this and briefly comment on it, perhaps with a "With how poor you are, I almost feel bad about what I'm going to do."?

How would Jade have any idea that you are homeless, or how much money you may have stashed in a chest someplace?  The script would not only have to check whether you have access to one of the vanilla player homes, but check for every modded home ever released as well.  There is no single variable in the game for "homeless or not".  The only thing it would be possible to check is how much money you are currently carrying, and that has nothing to do with how much you are actually worth or whether or not you own real estate.

Edited by aurreth