Beta Versions of Lovers Plugins

Well, I am running into a persistent error with the mod group I have enabled. While the error doesn't seem to have an negative impact (other than spamming in the console), it has me concerned.

The error message isn't at all helping me track down the problem:

Error in script 00000000

Could not extract function script in Call statement

I don't know if this is a rev96 problem or what. The error spams in the console as the summoned creature is fighting someone. It stops when the creature rapes the person, or kills them. I am getting the error with a summoned Minotaur, Troll and several other nature creatures.

Oddly enough, I summoned a lich and there was no error.

The Lovers plugins I am currently running while getting this error are:

Lovers with PK.esm

LoversCreature.esm

LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

LoversRapeSlave.esp

LoversRaperS.esp

LoversJoburg.esp

Lovers with PK.esp [Version 96]

LoversSlavePlay.esp

LoversBackup2.esp

LoversMB2.esp

LoversCreature.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

NOTE: This error spams even if LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp and LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp are disabled so I am ruling them out of the root cause.

Well' date=' I am running into a persistent error with the mod group I have enabled. While the error doesn't seem to have an negative impact (other than spamming in the console), it has me concerned.

The error message isn't at all helping me track down the problem:

Error in script 00000000

I don't know if this is a rev96 problem or what. The error spams in the console as the summoned creature is fighting someone. It stops when the creature rapes the person, or kills them. I am getting the error with a summoned Minotaur, Troll and several other nature creatures.

Oddly enough, I summoned a lich and there was no error.

[/quote']

I think I got lucky and pinpointed the problem, but don't know how to fix it (haven't really looked yet, just thought I'd post what I know). I confirm that I do have the same issue (I have rev 96) and in replicating it noticed that the error lines in the console coincided with a spell attack. Ogres don't normally have spells, so seeing the LoversCreature version cast one caught my eye. In LoversCreature.esp all of the lovers versions of the creatures that I checked have this spell: xLoversCreatureLoversAttack. The lich also has a leveled list of spells. I deleted that leveled list thinking maybe the lich in your game just was casting other spells so you didn't see the error. Back in the game, the summoned lich started causing the error message when it cast spells at my character. The spell effect is a red nebulous orb cast at the opponent, not a fire ball though.

Thinking it was probably this spell, I edited the spell script (xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript) putting in printtoconsole messages ("line XX", whatever the line number was) at lines before and after the first and last "call" function. Back in the game (with the lich again because they tend not to melee attack) the error I got was:

line 14

Error in script 00000000

line 16

Here's the code in question (with my printtoconsole additions):

printtoconsole "line 14"
let refCaster := Call xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster xLoversCreatureLoversAttack
PrintToConsole "line 16"

Lastly I commented out the "let refCaster..." line and added right below it "set refCaster to PlayerRef" (hoping I didn't royally screw anything up). Back in the game I got no error message, just:

line 14

line 16

repeated as the lich cast that spell. Nothing ever happens with that spell for my character, I think it's dispelled later in the script. But, that's beside the point.

xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster is from Lovers with PK.esp. I looked at it and have no idea what's wrong or what it does, but my guess is that's where the problem lies. I'd start by comparing it to the old version. I'll take a look myself but I'm in over my head with scripts of this complexity.

Interesting indeed. When I looked at the creatureattack script and the creaturetemptation one, they both popped up a notice when I recompiled and saved them. It wasn't an error per say but it was a flag. I am going to go pull the source creatures plugins (the Japanese ones) to see if I can find out what is going on.

Thanks.

It may not be the creatures plugin but rev96. I noticed that same or similar issue with rev94.

I have a "fixed" version of lovers creature for rev94 and as far as I can tell there is nothing different (at least so far) between it and the 1.4.2 latest creatures esp. I am well and truly buggered on this.

It may not be the creatures plugin but rev96. I noticed that same or similar issue with rev94.

I have a "fixed" version of lovers creature for rev94 and as far as I can tell there is nothing different (at least so far) between it and the 1.4.2 latest creatures esp. I am well and truly buggered on this.

Based totally on memory, I first noticed issues with the LoversCreature 'attack' spell, the one described by Sarnaath in the above post, in rev94. My issue is that the spell, although cast by all the creatures I summoned, failed to work on my PC.

I didn't check for console messages, since I really didn't conjure LoversCreatures often enough to warrant looking into it any deeper. That and I assumed it may have been caused by a bad save game. I mostly used it for 'quick' in-game tests of other stuff, but again not often.

With that said, there is the 'merged' LoversCreature plus 'Organs' that I believe has some redesign for rev96, not 100% positive on this as it was originally Japanese and limited in explanation. I'll take a look and see if it is working on those and report back.

I am not sure I understand what the creature attack and creature temptation spell is exactly doing. The error spamming doesn't seem to have any negative impact. As long as RaperS chaos mode is turned on the creature will still rape whoever they are fighting (if one party does not die first). I wonder if it something that will fire without chaos mode needing being enabled (or if that was the intent).

I have gone back to the earliest copies of lovers creature and I can't find anything different in the scripting so I wonder if this has been a persistent error all along.

In desperation I have sent a PM to Donkey (who knows more than probably anybody else on the planet about lovers creatures) regarding the spamming error. I have crossed my fingers and am hoping he will lend us his wisdom regarding this. Maybe it is nothing to worry over but I do hate errors spamming in the console.

EDIT: Well like an idiot, I forgot to actually PM Donkey over at Wolflore. Fortunately he saw this post and came to our rescue with a fix. It is in the OP. Hurray for Donkey! :)

I wasn't on ver91 very long, moved to rev93 fairly quick and I do recall the attack spell working flawlessly; PC was continuously raped by the creature she summoned. Not all do this automatically, think it had something to do with disposition towards the PC.

EDIT1: Yeah tested troll and mushroom and the spell is definitely not working as in prior versions of Lovers with PK.esp. That goes for chaos and non-chaos modes. I now see the same error you are too.

The way I remember it as soon as that red mist hit your PC it kicked in the rape animation. Sometimes made it real hard to kill these guys, another reason I don't use it much.

I wasn't on ver91 very long' date=' moved to rev93 fairly quick and I do recall the attack spell working flawlessly; PC was continuously raped by the creature she summoned. Not all do this automatically, think it had something to do with disposition towards the PC.

[/quote']

Was this with or without chaos mode enabled?

I have not tested things with chaos mode disabled yet.

Also, was joburg active and the beast using it instead of the creature attack?

I wasn't on ver91 very long' date=' moved to rev93 fairly quick and I do recall the attack spell working flawlessly; PC was continuously raped by the creature she summoned. Not all do this automatically, think it had something to do with disposition towards the PC.

[/quote']

Was this with or without chaos mode enabled?

I have not tested things with chaos mode disabled yet.

Also, was joburg active and the beast using it instead of the creature attack?

I tested both chaos and non-chaos as noted just now in above post. I also bumped my %chance of PC rape in RaperS to 100% in non-chaos and no change. Something is definitely broke.

I have not used Joburg in ages as I prefer RaperS. Was Joburg ever a requirement for this?

I have not used Joburg in ages as I prefer RaperS. Was Joburg ever a requirement for this?

No. I was just brainstorming to eliminate variables.

I have looked at the xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster in rev91, rev93, rev94, and rev96. I can't find any differences in them.

I have looked at the lovers creatures normal esp and the rev91, rev93 and rev94 fix for creatures and again I can find no differences in the attack or temptation attack scripts. I am utterly stumped.

I agree that what is broken is the summoned creature rape spell. Why it is broken, I don't have the slightest damn clue. Hopefully Donkey will respond but in the meanwhile I am going to switch to my Oblivion rev91 version and see if the rape attack spell works in it.

However that will have to wait for a bit as I need some sleep! :P

I made a clean save and went back to rev 91. The xLoversCreatureLoversAttack from summoned creatures still spams that error in the console for me. And the spell doesn't do anything. Recall that I put printtoconsole statements in the script? I also had them at lines 48, 54, and 57 but they never trigger. I added more this morning but I only see the messages for lines 14 and 16. Currently the next one is at 27, and since that's not printing out, I believe the call to xLoversCmnIsReady is returning 0 causing the Dispel function at line 24 to kick in and end the spell.

If you look closely at xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript there are 4 calls to various xLovers functions with IF tests that check whether the function returns 0 and then dispels xLoversCreatureLoversAttack if it does. If I'm correct that line 15 is the problem, then refCaster is not being set right and the first test (Call xLoversCmnIsReady refCaster and following IF statement) is probably responsible for dispelling the spell. So the spell has no effect in the game.

I noticed that of all the functions called in xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript, only xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster is declared as a ref variable in the beginning. I find that odd and wonder if that's the problem. OBSE documentation makes no mention of doing this for user functions. I will check out a few other Lovers mods to see what other people do, then I will probably try commenting out that ref declaration (line 5) and see what happens. My logic (which could be wrong) is this: if the came thinks xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster is a variable, then the Call function on line 15 doesn't actually call anything since no script is named, just a ref variable. That is just a theory though.

I found a fix. Hopefully Donkey will find a more elegant one. For the tl;dr version, jump down to "Conclusion:".

First, a clarification: I had forgotten about the different versions of LoversCreature. I swapped out the rev 91 version and repeated the testing I described above. Still got the error message and nothing happening in game with the spell.

Second, other mods: I only looked at RaperS (Shadowrunner's version) and LoversSlaveTrader because they have spells. Unfortunately I did not find either using xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster, but none of the scripts I looked at declared functions they called as variables.

Third, the fix: So I commented out line 5, the one that declares xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster as a ref variable. That did not compile. The error message stated there was a problem with the function's parameters. So I looked at xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster and it was completely blank. That's because LoversCreature only has Lovers with PK.esm as a master and the esm doesn't have hardly any complete scripts, just barebones stuff. Lovers with PK.esp fills in a lot of the actual script content. I checked a few other functions in LwPK.esm and they at least have a simple function block with expected parameters so mod scripts will compile. xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster appears to be an exception.

I found two ways to fix this.

First fix: One was adding LwPK.esp as a master to LoversCreature.esp. That way the xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript with the commented line 5 compiles.

Second fix: go to LwPK.esm and change the xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster script from being otherwise blank (well, except for the scriptname line) to this:

Scn xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster

ref Spell

Begin Function { Spell }
End

This way xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript with the commented line 5 compiles and xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster is more consistent with other LwPK.esm scripts.

With either fix, there is no more error in the console and summoned Lovers creatures will rape your character with the xLoversCreatureLoversAttack spell. And as varenne noted, they become awfully tough to kill after that since some of them tend to spam that spell.

Lastly, adding LwPK.esp as a master, or adding the function block in the xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster script in the LwPK.esm but NOT commenting out line 5 in xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript results in a spell that does nothing in game and spams the console with that error.

Conclusion: my suggestion that something in rev 96 changed xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster was wrong, as gregathit noted earlier in this discussion. I think this error message is actually due to two errors. The first in LoversCreature, where the function script name was declared as a ref variable, and the second is in LwPK.esm which was never properly set up xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster as a function so other mods that call it (with only LwPK.esm as a master) will compile. Again, hopefully Donkey will have a better answer. I'm sure suggesting two more mods should be updated is not what you want to hear. :P

As you might expect, since neither change I made involved LwPK.esp, both fixes work rev 91 and rev 96. I'm currently using the rev 94 fixed version of LoversCreature. Also, xLoversCreatureLoversTemptationAttackScript is flawed in the same way, so would need commenting out of line 5. I haven't tested that, I don't know what uses that spell. I'm also not aware of an updated version of LwPK.esm. The revision updates I've been getting have only included the .esp. This makes sense actually, it appears the .esm was set up with a bunch of placeholder scripts, so future updates would only require a new .esp and mods could just require the .esm as a master.

edit: I've edited the LwPK.esm in my game (so the 2nd fix). I noticed that when the xLoversCreatureLoversAttack spell triggers, the middle of the screen shows the text "LoversDummyActor" instead of the creature or my character's name. This may have something to do with how the scrip calls the animations. I don't know how it does that. There is no call to xLoversMainSafeStart in the script. edit3: nevermind. I disabled the LoversDummyActor, which was invisible so confused me for a bit.

edit2: The xLoversCreatureLoversAttackScript in LoversCreature.esm does not have a line declaring xLoversCmnGetScriptEffectCaster as a ref variable. Apparently all I did in commenting out that line in the .esp is make the 2 versions the same.

Ok, Donkey sent me a fix that I am going to test out. The problem he said is caused when you recompile the plugins. He also warned that the proposed solution will create problems for the future. I am not smart enough about scripting to understand the why's or how's. However Donkey is a genius about this stuff so I trust him completely.

I will test it out and holler back with the results....I feel like a kid in a candy store right now...:)

Ok' date=' Donkey sent me a fix that I am going to test out. The problem he said is caused when you recompile the plugins. He also warned that the proposed solution will create problems for the future. I am not smart enough about scripting to understand the why's or how's. However Donkey is a genius about this stuff so I trust him completely.

I will test it out and holler back with the results....I feel like a kid in a candy store right now...:)

[/quote']

Then my next question is...

Is that recompile issue limited to plain vanilla CS or what you use CS Extended, or both?

Both. Donkey didn't go into the details of why it breaks and I don't think I would understand if he did.

Bottom line, we have been rescued by the wise and awesomely great Donkey again!!! The revised lovers creatures esm and esp work flawlessly.

With the fixed scripts, summoned creatures are raping machines. :D

Here is the link to Sir Donkey's fixed creatures esp \esm: http://www.4shared.com/dir/Xn2AwNQU/Oblivion.html#dir=482519496

Both. Donkey didn't go into the details of why it breaks and I don't think I would understand if he did.

He also warned that the proposed solution will create problems for the future.

Well, this then means we now have a new fork for LoversCreatures (for rev94?) and for both the esm and esp. (Is this also to be used for rev96?) I don't know if the main Japanese site for Lovers is even being maintained or updated any more. The only contact I even know of on there, PerfectionCat, also mentioned retiring from Lovers. I do have access to that forum, god only knows if anyone would even respond as it is Japanese, and we all know how badly Google translates English to Japanese. ;)

So this means updating maintaining this new fork, outside of the main Lovers future updates, unless this can be communicated on that forum what was changed/edited by Donkey.

It should, IMO also be denoted somewhere either in the download section for this or in an included read me file, or both, that this is a new fork from the main original esm/esp.

Lastly, I'm curious what work-around he uses to overcome this CS recompile issue. I mean it's great he was able to fix it, but what about future 'fixes'? Never much cared for dependencies, including human ones. :dodgy:

Lastly' date=' I'm curious what work-around he uses to overcome this CS recompile issue. I mean it's great he was able to fix it, but what about future 'fixes'? Never much cared for dependencies, including human ones. :dodgy:

[/quote']

The fix works for both rev94 and rev96. It also contains the lovers voice fixes so it makes everything current in one shot.

I think what he did is simply take a clean esm\esp and made changes to the other scripts and saved\compiled those individually. This protects those scripts from being tampered with and "broken". One just has to remember to avoid changing\recompiling those scripts and never use the "compile all" feature and you will be fine.

I think with this in mind, we are good to go for both now and the future. :)

I tested things with a Minotaur and he raped then killed bandits I was fighting (he raped some twice) and then after disposing of three of the bandits (while I killed the fourth) he turned and raped me. :P

I was laughing so hard I about fell out of my chair! :D

Lastly' date=' I'm curious what work-around he uses to overcome this CS recompile issue. I mean it's great he was able to fix it, but what about future 'fixes'? Never much cared for dependencies, including human ones. :dodgy:

[/quote']

I took a look at the updated LoversCreature.esp and .esm, since I was quite curious too. In the old versions both had a script for the attack spell but they were a bit different. The problematic one was in the .esp. The attack spell script is gone in the new .esp, which leaves the already compiled original in the .esm which must be what is used in the game now. Other scripts recompile fine (like the Summon Creature spell script that brings up the menus).

I've been using CS Extender 6.0 and compiling the attack script in either the old .esp or the .esm (old or new) throws an error and refuses to compile. I think it's because the attack script calls another script from Lovers with PK and passes on a parameter. But the version of that script in LwPK.esm doesn't take a parameter, so the compiler catches the mismatch and won't compile the attack script. However, the version in Lovers with PK.esp does take a parameter. So if you can get the attack script to compile with passing the parameter, it will work in the game as long as you have Lovers with PK.esp. How you do that, I have no idea.

If you set LwPK.esp as a master to LoversCreature, the attack script compiles just fine. I wonder if you do that, if it's then possible to use TESGecko or TES4Edit to remove LwPK.esp as a master. Dunno.

[/quote']

I took a look at the updated LoversCreature.esp and .esm, since I was quite curious too. In the old versions both had a script for the attack spell but they were a bit different. The problematic one was in the .esp. The attack spell script is gone in the new .esp, which leaves the already compiled original in the .esm which must be what is used in the game now.

Ah, so there was a conflicting redundancy issue, makes sense. I'm wondering now what would be the preferred approach for script locations. If in the esm, it becomes harder to edit for some, risk of overrides by ESP files too. If located in the ESP, a MOD author would have to make sure there is no redundancy/conflicts in or with the ESM.

Other scripts recompile fine (like the Summon Creature spell script that brings up the menus).

The recompile fine? Is that the ESM or ESP? That reads like Donkey creating new clean ESM/ESP files fixed some other unknown issue with the prior versions.

I've been using CS Extender 6.0 and compiling the attack script in either the old .esp or the .esm (old or new) throws an error and refuses to compile. I think it's because the attack script calls another script from Lovers with PK and passes on a parameter. But the version of that script in LwPK.esm doesn't take a parameter, so the compiler catches the mismatch and won't compile the attack script. However, the version in Lovers with PK.esp does take a parameter. So if you can get the attack script to compile with passing the parameter, it will work in the game as long as you have Lovers with PK.esp. How you do that, I have no idea.

So is this a OBSE version mismatch?

If you set LwPK.esp as a master to LoversCreature, the attack script compiles just fine. I wonder if you do that, if it's then possible to use TESGecko or TES4Edit to remove LwPK.esp as a master. Dunno.

Yeah, I've never read a clear enough explanation of the master dependency relationship to understand it well enough myself to then explain it to others. I've read enough though to 'see' that having something as a master almost always presents problems.

Thanks for the detailed review. ;)

Ah' date=' so there was a conflicting redundancy issue, makes sense. I'm wondering now what would be the preferred approach for script locations. If in the esm, it becomes harder to edit for some, risk of overrides by ESP files too. If located in the ESP, a MOD author would have to make sure there is no redundancy/conflicts in or with the ESM.

[/quote']

I have no idea. For most mods I would expect that no one else is going to use those scripts so it doesn't matter. Lovers with PK and LoversCreature are different since they are a framework providing functionality for other mods. Lovers with PK appears to use many (most? all?) placeholder scripts in the .esm that do little else other than specify LwPK function names and expected parameters (these are user-functions not OBSE functions although OBSE provides the ability to create user functions). The .esp is where the fleshed out script is actually located. LoversCreature apparently uses a different setup. I'm just kind of understanding the what here, I don't know about the why.

The recompile fine? Is that the ESM or ESP? That reads like Donkey creating new clean ESM/ESP files fixed some other unknown issue with the prior versions.

I was editing in the .esp file, but I would expect the .esm to be fine too. I have no idea what Donkey did, so cannot say, but his solution seems more elegant to me than what I suggested.

So is this a OBSE version mismatch?

I don't think so. ShadeMe (author of CS Extender) said in one of the Extender 6.0 threads on the Bethesda forums that OBSE v21 beta1 (required for CS Extender 6.0) is backwards compatible with OBSE v20. I only mentioned it because you asked if the compile issue was Extender related. Someone else would have to try and compile with a different version of Extender to tell. If Donkey is not an early adopter, then he'd still be on Extender 5.1, I guess. The mismatch I was referring to was between user-functions defined in Lovers with PK scripts (.esp vs. .esm versions of those scripts), not OBSE functions.

Yeah, I've never read a clear enough explanation of the master dependency relationship to understand it well enough myself to then explain it to others. I've read enough though to 'see' that having something as a master almost always presents problems.

I suppose. All I meant was if you load up Lovers with PK.esp in CS along with LoversCreature.esp, the attack script compiles fine, but doing that means LwPK.esp is now a required 'master' for LoversCreature, in the same way LoversBitch requires LwPK.esp. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Thanks for the detailed review. ;)

No problem. :) These were just my thoughts, I'm still very much a newbie to Oblivion scripting/modding.

Ok, here is my current testing group:

Lovers with PK.esm

LoversCreature.esm [Donkey's revised one]

LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

LoversRapeSlave.esp

LoversRaperS.esp

LoversJoburg.esp

Lovers with PK.esp [Version 96]

LoversSlavePlay.esp

LoversBackup2.esp

LoversCreature.esp [Donkey's revised one]

LoversStupidNpc.esp

Loversslavetrader.esp [v1.0beta]

LSTBravilUnderground.esp [v96beta3]

LoversMB2.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

So far all is working and I have no errors that I can detect.

The next waves will be as follows (provided I don't run into any issues):

[spoiler= Wave 1]

(doing a few in this wave since they are so small)

Loversbed.esp

LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp

LoversStopKillRaper.esp [v1.10]

LoversStopSweetDeath [v1.02]

[spoiler= Wave 2]

LoversClubCats.esp [v1.01b]

LoversClubCatsSx [v01.01b]

[spoiler= Wave 3]

LoversPaybandit.esp

What are you guys thoughts on waves 4 and on? Any plugins that you feel should be targeted next as critical?

My thoughts are to pause at some point (perhaps after wave 3) and start working up the revised packages for some of the plugins like the lovers base pack, lovers resource pack and lovers creatures (to insert the updated esm\esp from Donkey).

Anyone have any comments\corrections\revisions\suggestions\improvements to the betas that are already up? I think all issues have been addressed to this point but I want to be sure before I begin putting together the new packs.

As to the packs themselves - specifically the resource\base packs - I am going to update the body nifs to use the latest roberts male lowerbody (normal version). This will "sort of" serve as a stop gap until we can figure out how to deal with things either by using setbody or a loversetbody type plugin or some other method I am not aware of.

We have a bit of time to broach this as I seriously doubt I will be able to finish testing all three waves this weekend. :)

NOTE: At this time I am NOT going to test any TamagoClub plugins. I or someone will do this in the not to distant future.