theposhmudcrab

Do you think men can be objectified(and/or treated like a sex object?) I don't think I have ever seen that men have been treated that way in the media(not in games, not in movies) or in any other way/place by anyone. I can tell when women are objectified(in the sexual way), with men I can't and I thought maybe they can't be objectified(sexually)? but surely I am wrong, maybe I don't know enough or I just can't tell(for some reason, which I probably don't know). I have heard some men talk about women in a sexually objectifying way, but I never seen or heard women talk like that about men. But there is also the whole case of both genders wanting different things(this is a whole other topic and not what I wanted to discuss in this thread).

So my question is if a woman if full blown sexy/nude or skimpy in media/game/movie then it is objectification?

When the man are showed as half-naked/skimpy/nude full muscle ultra sexy guys is not? Nah

Of course they can, why wouldn't they, just society views them different aspect, thus we not see or even acknowledge these stuff or not allowed :) .

Women in my work place kind of talk them like throwable object and sex toys ? btw.

certainly men can also be sexually objectified and it's done, but as we all know women and men brains work a bit differently (even if most media would like to make you believe that we are all .... I'm diverting) and woman simply do not "react" to sexually objectified men in the same way men to the other way around :)

if you do this with women most men pay attention because it will arouse most of them , women will also pay attention but to complain ? (tbh sometimes it's just too much)

If you do this with men , women mostly don't care and men either , so why bother

To some degree or another, we all objectify other people. It is difficult to wrap your mind around the concept that all the crazy things happening in the black void behind your eyeballs is also happening behind everyone else's eyeballs. The issue with sexual objectification isn't so much that it happens on an individual level (or levels) but that it creates real-world standards that prevent real people from having the same opportunities as they should. That's the medium length answer anyway.

The short answer is yes they can be, but it doesn't happen enough to create any notable real-world consequences outside of isolated incidents.

Example: It actually takes a bit of mental effort to not make assumptions about these two guys when you look at these images. In a way that is objectification. :)

Spoiler

image.png.8f47fce474a5c6dd7ef6e8e43adab161.png

As Testosterone levels in American men have markedly declined over the past 20 years or so, whatever watered-down vestiges of normal masculinity remain have been widely and loudly maligned and condemned as "toxic masculinity" in some quarters. Accordingly, men have become more effeminate, more submissive to almost every influence in their lives, more whiny, ineffectual and unable to cope with everyday issues such as "being offended" and thus more prone to sexual objectification and many other traditionally-female issues without complaint or even notice. Our colleges and universities have played a huge role in the effeminization of men.

My personal observation is that it has become more difficult to find actual men (i.e. masculine human beings who do not have vaginas.) Younger men today have been effectively neutered. This does not bode well for our society, or for humanity.

Hum... i think that the usual talk about sexual objetification always goes down to women wearing not much clothes/skimpy stuff. So are women objected in sanitary pads or deodorant advertisement? No. I see the sexual objetification as taking a woman (or man) and using it with the clearly intention to attract the opposite gender, not exactly just wearing less clothes or something like that (as people were talking about Tomb Raider and stuff).

So yes, that's the same thing. We have the example our fellow members posted. Know Conan? I don't now about the comics, but the movie? Sch-something-eger is absolutely a sexualized character.

The difference that seens to go on is that it appears that women objectifies men in a different way. At least most men likes to see things straight. So the easiest way to catch the attention is in the way we know, with less clothes, cleavages and sexual poses.

I've seen women, including my sister and friends, objecting masculine characters, be them real or not, in a very different way, appealing to how they act, how they treat the other characters, the way they talk, and even the body. But body wasn't the most important part of it, as it seens to be with men.

For me, yeah, the whole ancient Greek objetification with the male body can be seen as both sexual and as a form of glorifying manliness.

And maybe Greece had a lot of gay sculptors too :)
Yeah women are objectified more than men, but probably because overall they are more beautiful in design than men.

In my experience, and not being a male who should ever bare his mooby white chest or plumbers crack, we are probably more subject to "workhorse objectification" a number of times I've been lured by females to fix cars, cut a tree down, install a new light etc :)

49 minutes ago, Di3sIrae said:

i think that the usual talk about sexual objetification always goes down to women wearing not much clothes/skimpy stuff.

I realize all too well that my feelings and views on hyperfemininity are not universally popular. That said, I have gone to great pains for most of my life to become a sexual object- I consider having sex to be a biological imperative- we are built for sex, our hormones urge us to have sex, some of us are fortunate enough to be able to enjoy multiple orgasms on a hair-trigger and if we put ourselves together physically, mentally and emotionally as sexual beings, just the sight and smell of us screams FUCK ME at potential sex partners.

My wardrobe is, as you say, as sexy as I can make it. However, it's not as skimpy as some might imagine- I have found that the sexiest outfits are not the most revealing outfits. For example, my pokies are a lot more erotic through a thin tank-top or Tee than they are when I am actually bare-breasted, and the same can be said about my butt when I wear cutoffs ("Daisy Dukes"). I wear body-con minidresses (sheaths), but not so short that the bottom of my butt cheeks are hanging out- most of my minis are closer to midis than actual minis.  I wear my hair full and long despite how much more trouble it is than short, butch hairdos that are "so easy to take care of, FWIP! with a damp washcloth" because most men find long, "luxuriant" hair much more feminine and sexier than short styles. My fingernails and toenails are always freshly polished and filed, usually pink or scarlet (I'm a redhead) for the same reason- most men find solid-color pink or red nails sexier than all the "French Nails" or checkerboard or cartoonish odd-colored designs so many girls wear. I could go on for hours, but you get the picture- I not only like being a sex object, I work at it.

So far it seems to be working. :classic_biggrin:

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Vyxenne said:

I realize all too well that my feelings and views on hyperfemininity are not universally popular. That said, I have gone to great pains for most of my life to become a sexual object- I consider having sex to be a biological imperative- we are built for sex, our hormones urge us to have sex, some of us are fortunate enough to be able to enjoy multiple orgasms on a hair-trigger and if we put ourselves together physically, mentally and emotionally as sexual beings, just the sight and smell of us screams FUCK ME at potential sex partners.

My wardrobe is, as you say, as sexy as I can make it. However, it's not as skimpy as some might imagine- I have found that the sexiest outfits are not the most revealing outfits. For example, my pokies are a lot more erotic through a thin tank-top or Tee than they are when I am actually bare-breasted, and the same can be said about my butt when I wear cutoffs ("Daisy Dukes"). I wear my hair full and long despite how much more trouble it is than short, butch hairdos that are "so easy to take care of, FWIP! with a damp washcloth" because most men find long, "luxuriant" hair much more feminine and sexier than short styles. My fingernails and toenails are always freshly polished and filed, usually pink or scarlet (I'm a redhead) for the same reason- most men find solid-color pink or red nails sexier than all the checkerboard or cartoonish odd-colored designs so many girls wear. I could go on for hours, but you get the picture- I not only like being a sex object, I work hard at it.

+1 Objectification from me then :)

Why not celebrate and show off a beautiful body and I like flashy paint on a car where I can still see the shape underneath rather than bare metal and it doesn't have to be a sportscar either, there's nothing wrong with a sexy larger 4x4 :)

In the end it still comes down to personality too, if someone behaves purely like they are an object or their partner treats them as one then their partner probably will eventually trade up to a flashier car.

Often I wish I had a female body just for their beauty. Male bodies are good for poking our dicks, peeing standing up and lifting/carrying heavy stuff, robots will make us obsolete :P

@Vyxenne heh i must say that i find women with "more clothes" more attractive than the ones wearing not much. I was talking about what i usually see people saying about sexual objetification, but yeah, you're doing it absolutely right. You know the point, and how to draw attention to yourself.

I don't know much about hyperfemininity, tho ?

I don't think there is anything wrong with it anyway. There are women who likes to be the seen as a sexual object for men, and there are also men that likes to be seen as sexual objects for women (that bulky academy type guys that i see a lot around here). Some dislike it. It's how our world goes.

And judging by your posts that i saw, i think that you have a really good time and enjoy a good life :)

" Often I wish I had a female body just for their beauty. " Lol @Halstrom i'm with you now.

On 8/16/2018 at 4:38 PM, Corsayr said:

The short answer is yes they can be, but it doesn't happen enough to create any notable real-world consequences outside of isolated incidents. 

And, like a lot of things, when it does happen, we have been programed by society to carefully and quietly ignore it.  There are very large forces at work in society that are making damn sure that things are only seen one way.

On 8/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, Vyxenne said:

As Testosterone levels in American men have markedly declined over the past 20 years or so, whatever watered-down vestiges of normal masculinity remain have been widely and loudly maligned and condemned as "toxic masculinity" in some quarters. Accordingly, men have become more effeminate, more submissive to almost every influence in their lives, more whiny, ineffectual and unable to cope with everyday issues such as "being offended" and thus more prone to sexual objectification and many other traditionally-female issues without complaint or even notice. Our colleges and universities have played a huge role in the effeminization of men.

My personal observation is that it has become more difficult to find actual men (i.e. masculine human beings who do not have vaginas.) Younger men today have been effectively neutered. This does not bode well for our society, or for humanity.

There's another side to this which is as follows:  Look at "what is okay" for youngsters.  From the earliest ages, girls are taught that having masculine qualities is good, while boys are taught that to be the least bit feminine is bad.  This kind of flies in the face of the whole "feminization of men" deal (which I fully agree is happening), but bear with me.  So, as girls are raised to be more and more masculine (I'd venture to guess this is in a bid for obtaining true equality of the sexes), boys, and consequently men, must be more and more masculine in order to maintain the natural state of gender differences.  All this does is artificially raise the bar on 'required masculinity' in order to appear masculine.  If men were to stay put on the spectrum, while women caught up, then those men would automatically appear feminine by default, and through no fault of their own.  Thus, in order to appear masculine in today's world of increasingly masculine women, men must be hyper masculine.  Weather that relates directly to the rise of the "toxic masculinity" concept, I can't say.  However, I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that it does.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, Di3sIrae said:

Hum... i think that the usual talk about sexual objetification always goes down to women wearing not much clothes/skimpy stuff. So are women objected in sanitary pads or deodorant advertisement? No. I see the sexual objetification as taking a woman (or man) and using it with the clearly intention to attract the opposite gender, not exactly just wearing less clothes or something like that (as people were talking about Tomb Raider and stuff).

Yep.  The issue as I've seen it is that while women want sexual attention, they want it only from a select set of men.  If you aren't in that select set, too bad.  It's called the 80/20 rule.  80% of men are competing for the top 20% of women, while 80% of women are competing for the top 20% of men.  Many people, of both sexes, simply swallow the BS they've been told all these years about "you are special, and you deserve what you want" hook line and sinker.  By the time they figure out that it's a big fat lie, and they've been deluding themselves all these years, it's too late for many.  Along those lines, the simple concept of "people are people, and people aren't perfect" has been lost in today's age of "perfect" models, etc.  Look on most any dating website to confirm this.  Same deal with "you should be accepted the way you are". This leads to a lack of interest in improving one's self.  Which of course means: "If you keep doing what you've been doing, you're going to keep getting the same result.", a truth that many also love to ignore.

On 8/16/2018 at 3:45 PM, theposhmudcrab said:

celebration of the human body, and not sexual objectification?

You think there's a real difference other than modern removal from healthy nature?

"Sexual objectification" is just a political code word for "strong male sex drive is evil." If you had a masculine sex drive, you would think about physical sex all the time as well, and if you were a little less puritan you would acknowledge that this might be just natural and healthy. For those women who complain that men don't care about women's feelings, guess what, they've been taught by society all their life not to give a fuck about their own emotions - they probably care about yours more than anyone elses... which is to say a non-zero amount.

If you think this should change, next time you're on a sinking ship, volunteer to be the last on the lifeboats, make sure you are first in line to join the military and apply for that coal mine job.

It's pretty well documented (for scientifically sound reasons) that men are aroused by tangible properties (visual) while women are aroused by less tangible one (social/success) - however, both are equally shallow in my experience, and at least men tend to be frank, honest and clear about what they want.

7 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

It's pretty well documented (for scientifically sound reasons) that men are aroused by tangible properties (visual) while women are aroused by less tangible one (social/success) - however, both are equally shallow in my experience, and at least men tend to be frank, honest and clear about what they want.

Firstly, both men and women are aroused by visual stimuli- that's biological and is usually the very first stimulus in any sexual encounter. It's only shallow if it's the only motivation for interaction with the opposite sex. Also, shallow motivations aren't necessarily a bad thing- especially when both participants are at least honest about it:

• "Hi, there, I couldn't help noticing your breasts, especially your pokies- I would like very much to fuck you tonight."
  • "Funny you would mention that, I was just ogling your sexy ass and thinking how much I would like you to fuck me. Your place or mine?"

Secondly, please re-read my last couple of posts in this thread- some women are as open, frank and honest about what we want, and what we do, as men are.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:59 PM, Vyxenne said:

I don't think testosterone levels have anything to do with universities or colleges tho

Archived