Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

Hey have been playing it for a while, the new tournaments are way easier to play than the 20 minutes lancehandle combats, maybe as a sugestion in the adult part of the mod, could you include willing prostitutes?, like going in the city where you have your brothel and using the ever under-apreciated persuation for making villagers whore thenselves, and something like VC and the happy widows, go and get some girls to get up morale for x price, if your team/yourself(dont know how many are working) can make say service visual it will be perfect, anyway thanks for the update!

5 hours ago, Algene said:

Hey have been playing it for a while, the new tournaments are way easier to play than the 20 minutes lancehandle combats, maybe as a sugestion in the adult part of the mod, could you include willing prostitutes?, like going in the city where you have your brothel and using the ever under-apreciated persuation for making villagers whore thenselves, and something like VC and the happy widows, go and get some girls to get up morale for x price, if your team/yourself(dont know how many are working) can make say service visual it will be perfect, anyway thanks for the update! 

I can take a look at how the brothels work in the code and see if it would be possible to do later! ^-^

37 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Holy crap, a redone Dickplomacy? Awesome! I see some nice submods in there. Any chance it could have (if not already) the mod that causes pop-up to warn you when hostile parties show up that are large enough to chase you? This was invaluable feature for fast-travel.

Hello! Do you happen to know the name of that OSP or LSP? Or which module you found that feature in so I can check? I don't know what script that is, and haven't heard of it, sorry to say. >_<

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well now this looks interesting.  I will try it and get back to you with my thoughts.  :D

Thank you! :)

6 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Hello! Do you happen to know the name of that OSP or LSP? Or which module you found that feature in so I can check? I don't know what script that is, and haven't heard of it, sorry to say. >_<

Floris had it, it was super useful to fast travel using control-space, otherwise you get wrecked by every band larger than you. Maybe other mods too, but for sure that one.

Oh! Silverstag (a sort of branch of Floris) also had it - I think. At least one of them would only pause for actual threats.

I'd probably check Silverstag first, it was in active development more recently than Floris.

3 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Floris had it, it was super useful to fast travel using control-space, otherwise you get wrecked by every band larger than you. Maybe other mods too, but for sure that one.

Oh! Silverstag (a sort of branch of Floris) also had it - I think. At least one of them would only pause for actual threats. 

I'd probably check Silverstag first, it was in active development more recently than Floris.

So I just checked Silverstags code on Github, and I found this as a note in scripts, the code looks very similar to what you described:  "Fast travel pause. Initial code by Caba'drin with (level 2) revision by Windyplains."

## WINDYPLAINS+ ## - Fast travel pause.  Initial code by Caba'drin with (level 2) revision by Windyplains.
        (else_try),
			(ge, "$g_ft_force_pause", 1),
			(key_is_down, key_space),
			(this_or_next|key_is_down, key_left_control),
			(key_is_down, key_right_control),
			(gt, ":party_id", "p_spawn_points_end"), #other spawned party (merchant, bandit, etc)
			(party_is_active, ":party_id"),
			## Ignore non-hostile parties unless wanted by a quest.
			(neg|party_slot_eq, ":party_id", slot_party_type, spt_kingdom_caravan), # These are never hostile so ignore them.
			(store_faction_of_party, ":faction_no", ":party_id"),
			(store_relation, reg0, "fac_player_supporters_faction", ":faction_no"),
			(lt, reg0, 0),
			(try_begin),
				(ge, "$g_ft_force_pause", 2),
				(assign, ":block", 0),
				(try_begin),
					# They're hostile AND are larger than we are. (to catch serious bandit threats)
					(party_get_num_companions, ":enemy_size", ":party_id"),
					(party_get_num_companions, ":player_size", "p_main_party"),
					# Toss a buffer in by removing 20% of the player party size as a bandit group with 1 less person will definitely attack.
					(store_mul, ":buffer", ":player_size", 20),
					(val_div, ":buffer", 100),
					(val_sub, ":player_size", ":buffer"),
					(lt, ":player_size", ":enemy_size"),
					(str_store_string, s21, "@A potentially hostile force comparable to our own has been spotted in the distance."),
				(else_try),
					# They're hostile AND mean us harm.
					(get_party_ai_behavior, ":behavior", ":party_id"),
					(get_party_ai_object, ":focus", ":party_id"),
					(eq, ":behavior", ai_bhvr_attack_party),
					(eq, ":focus", "p_main_party"),
					(str_store_string, s21, "@An enemy party has been spotted by your scouts moving to intercept you."),
				(else_try),
					(assign, ":block", 1),
				(try_end),
				(eq, ":block", 0),
				(dialog_box, "@{s21}", "@Scout Report!"),
			(else_try),
				(eq, "$g_ft_force_pause", 1),
				(dialog_box, "@Enemies on the horizon!", "@Warning!"),
			(try_end),
		## WINDYPLAINS- ##
		(try_end),

Sadly, I can't find out if that code specifically is open source. As neither WindyPlains or Caba`drin are still active on the forums. But later I can check if the Floris team mentions this, and it seems to be related to a scouting feature so it might be part of a larger OSP that I can find more information on. I can also ask a few modders I know if they have any information on the code and it's permissions. If I can find the permission or get it from one of the developers. I will try an add it. :)

17 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Sadly, I can't find out if that code specifically is open source. As neither WindyPlains or Caba`drin are still active on the forums. But later I can check if the Floris team mentions this, and it seems to be related to a scouting feature so it might be part of a larger OSP that I can find more information on. I can also ask a few modders I know if they have any information on the code and it's permissions. If I can find the permission or get it from one of the developers. I will try an add it. :)

The Floris wiki suggests that this feature in fact comes from Silverstag. Silverstag Github, per Windyplains, seems to suggest it is fine to use Silverstag's code. Caba'drin is specifically credited with that code, and listed in the document as well.

58 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Great! Really missed that feature when starting out in other mods. Will keep my eye on this. :)

Hello!

I added the script, and the source compiled properly. Though, I don't know exactly how to trigger it to test if it is working in game. This version is the version that triggers less often. As you have experience with the script, it would mean a lot to me if you could test it to see if it is working. I published the update to Github, but, I also zipped the newly compiled txt files so that you could try them. Basically, you just need to drag and drop the compiled txts into the module folder, and overwrite the older files with these ones. Tell me if there are any errors or if anything isn't working correctly. There is also feature that has the banner and image of the local lord in villages / towns / castles in the nightly build. :) 

Recompiled with Nightly Script.zip

1 minute ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Does not seem to work for me. I do see the image and banner of the lords, however.

If it's a feature that requires WSE, sadly I guess I won't see it, since I am running it on native Linux.

Dickplomacy Reloaded doesn't support WSE anyways, also, sorry to hear. :( I will remove the code. Tell me if you have any other ideas though. :)

Oh, sometimes the terrain also has odd lines of stripes.

Edit: Screenies. 

Similar stuff appears in battle too.

Edit 2: Also I notice that my banner is blank.

Edit 3: My custom heraldry does show up fine on my shield, ie in battle etc. Just not on the world map. I can live with that, though the plain burlap one doesn't do much to help spot which party is me.

Edit 4: Poking around suggests two potential causes (for the trees): 1, using the wrong flora_kinds.txt from Polished Landscapes (it provides two, or used to); 2, wrong or missing entries in module.ini.

394CA735A06E1A96084ACFF3EB7AD11BA529053A

13B8F105274E89FA0AA05974DFA6AA1962E0D639

Problem with the trees (and probably other issues) solved: the old load_resource lines need to be removed from module.ini after adding the ones from Polished Landscapes. Specifically, you are supposed to delete all of the following (make sure it matches exactly):

load_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_resource = particle_meshes
load_resource = tree_meshes
load_resource = xtree_meshes
load_resource = grass_meshes
load_resource = plant_meshes
load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_resource = terrain_borders
load_resource = particles_2

I would upload my module.ini for convenience, but I'm still running the temporary file you uploaded to test that change you kindly tried to make at my suggestion. For anyone questioning this, see gutekfiutek's old Polished Landscapes thread and read all the instructions.

FDAF4A764C485AF4EC65728DD513D4604C7FB8E9

44 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

During face forming:-> MessageBox

RGL - Warning

Could't load Textures/byz_earring.dds

Hello, I have heard this error reported before, please drag and drop this file into textures. I will package it in with the next update. 

58 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Oh, sometimes the terrain also has odd lines of stripes.

Edit: Screenies. 

Similar stuff appears in battle too.

Edit 2: Also I notice that my banner is blank.

Edit 3: My custom heraldry does show up fine on my shield, ie in battle etc. Just not on the world map. I can live with that, though the plain burlap one doesn't do much to help spot which party is me.

Edit 4: Searching around suggests two potential causes (for the trees): 1, using the wrong flora_kinds.txt from Polished Landscapes (it provides two, supposedly); 2, wrong or missing entries in module.ini.

Hide contents

394CA735A06E1A96084ACFF3EB7AD11BA529053A

13B8F105274E89FA0AA05974DFA6AA1962E0D639

Edit: Will post my ini in a sec, I am going to try and implement your fix now, thanks! 

No problem.If you're looking to improve this mod further with minimal effort for results, I highly recommend checking this good old thread by magelord. It has some really nice quality of life tweaks that are easy to implement. (82 total. Some aren't that great of course.)

Here are the ones I recommend looking at, cut and pasted. I colored the ones that I think make the biggest impact. (Some of these are no doubt already in place because mods snapped these up quickly, especially fixes.)

Modding cattle behavior:
1. Change to make cattle follow instead of run 

Modding quests:

2. Allow village elders to give quests again after refusing one

3. Allow asking guild masters for a different quest.

6. Change the amount of prosperity villages gain from the cattle and grain quests.

Village/Castle/Town related:

3. Make windmills give a 5% monthly bonus, instead of only once.

6. Modification to be able to collect taxes from ALL your holdings by visiting any one of them.

Combat/Troop Related:
1. Editing to allow inventory access during sieges.

6. Change the faction of troops recruited based on ownership of village.

12. Change to allow inventory/party access in the menu while besieging a town.

18. Change the attack menu to allow attacking even if relation is positive.

Hero/Lord Related:

1. Allow garrisoning of heroes. Note: Be sure to also get my dialog fix to fix dialog errors caused by garrisoning heroes.

6. Give troops to any of your kingdom's lords.

8. Dialog to allow asking the claimant the location of your faction's lords while he is in your party.

15. Ask any lord to duel without quest.

Misc:

14. Change the weekly cost display to show costs for all troops - not just the ones in your party.

18. Make peace with kingdoms as a rebel.

17 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

No problem.If you're looking to improve this mod further with minimal effort for results, I highly recommend checking this good old thread by magelord. It has some really nice quality of life tweaks that are easy to implement. (82 total. Some aren't that great of course.) 

Here are the ones I recommend looking at, cut and pasted. I colored the ones that I think make the biggest impact. (Some of these are no doubt already in place because mods snapped these up quickly, especially fixes.)

Modding cattle behavior:
1. Change to make cattle follow instead of run 

Modding quests:

2. Allow village elders to give quests again after refusing one

3. Allow asking guild masters for a different quest. 

6. Change the amount of prosperity villages gain from the cattle and grain quests.

Village/Castle/Town related:

3. Make windmills give a 5% monthly bonus, instead of only once. 

6. Modification to be able to collect taxes from ALL your holdings by visiting any one of them.

Combat/Troop Related:
1. Editing to allow inventory access during sieges.

6. Change the faction of troops recruited based on ownership of village.

12. Change to allow inventory/party access in the menu while besieging a town.

18. Change the attack menu to allow attacking even if relation is positive.

Hero/Lord Related:

1. Allow garrisoning of heroes. Note: Be sure to also get my dialog fix to fix dialog errors caused by garrisoning heroes.

6. Give troops to any of your kingdom's lords.

8. Dialog to allow asking the claimant the location of your faction's lords while he is in your party.

15. Ask any lord to duel without quest.

Misc:

14. Change the weekly cost display to show costs for all troops - not just the ones in your party.

18. Make peace with kingdoms as a rebel.

Okay cool! :) Will check it out!!

3 minutes ago, Napier said:

OMG! Thank you so much for your hard work! I was waiting for years lurking this forum to see some Warband sex mod! 

Is it possible to add pregnancy?

Thank you again!!

Hello! :) It means a lot to me that you like the mod! ^-^

Pregnancy could be theoretically simulated through changing clothing textures, based on a script trigger that would occur (possibly by a % chance?) every-time the player has sex with their wife (or wives), though birth, and / or generations would be much harder to script. If I had someone who was able to make textures, and someone who could help me with scripting (though given enough time I could probably figure it out the scripting on my own) it might be possible to make an open source implementation of it, I know that it is done in Viking Conquest, (so it is possible) but Viking Conquest is not open source.