3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I checked a tutorial and tried to do some magic with Outfit studio, but I failed miserably.

I think I added the breast bounce bones to Ashlotte properly, but in the game the suit just fails to work completely. When I equip it, it gives the proper DD messages, but then it becomes invisible. In the inventory it looks like it is equipped, but it can be just taken off w/o keys.

I also tried D.Va, but in that case the Outfit Studio just crashed when I tried to save the new .nif, making it a 0 byte file (so I had to reinstall the mod to get it back).

Update: Suddenly none of the suits work (they behave like I described above with Ashlotte) . I think it is becaue the character is wearing a Chastity Belt with a plug (as I remember the suits also have plugs, however the flavor message disappeared about those too). It is a timed belt, so I need to play a little before I can remove it. However this might be a bug then.

The suits do use the plug slots, so you are gonna have to wait until you can remove the belt.

OK, I did it. Test successful!

This was just a 2 minute work and I just added the breast bounce to 1 element of the full suit. So if I can do it, it is very easy to do it. :) This is the Ashlotte body file in meshes/actors/ashlotte dir. (Just to be on the safe side, make sure you make a safety copy before you overwrite it...)

body.nif

I still have no idea though why the D.Va crashes the Outfit Studio.

BTW, just look for a tutorial how to copy weights from a reference body.

Update: Unfortunately I was too happy too soon. I tried this for like 10 more suits and it was a major failure. I could do it only on Miranda, and even that is not a 100% proper update. The other suit results were disastrous, the models changed horribly when equipped. Some simply crashed the game when I navigated there in the inventory. Anyway, it is definitely doable, we just need someone who knows what he is doing. :)

Hey, I just wanted to know your opinion on this little thing I was able to do.

I've added a shiny effect to a mask, so it actually looks like a, well... rubber mask!

129373281_enb2018_09_3003_01_42_66.jpg.ed348a666a1a307ed91b7fa22f2f6af6.jpg

It took many hours to get this to work, but I think it paid off in the end.

I'm 99% certain it's possible add this effect to every suit and mask (not just the MLP ones), and depending on how many parts a mask or suit have (MLP masks have 3 or 4 parts not counting the eyelashes) it would probably be fairly quick.

And if you think it looks too shiny, it can be easily made less shiny. I just wanted it to match the catsuit here.

I'm also planning on replacing the textures the MLP masks use, you probably noticed how low-res they are. Simply converting the ones from Source Filmmaker (which are 4096x4096) should make them look MUCH nicer.

And she has no mouth (little weird innocent kink of mine) because I was playing with the model in Blender. Yep, I was able to get nifs working on Blender. In fact, you need to put the model in question in Blender in order to generate the normal map for the shiny effect to work properly.

Oh, and I still haven't taken my time to figure out the GND issue, sorry. I spend all my time on what I showed above.

2 hours ago, SelosTeef said:

I've added a shiny effect to a mask, so it actually looks like a, well... rubber mask!

I'm 99% certain it's possible add this effect to every suit and mask (not just the MLP ones), and depending on how many parts a mask or suit have (MLP masks have 3 or 4 parts not counting the eyelashes) it would probably be fairly quick.

And if you think it looks too shiny, it can be easily made less shiny. I just wanted it to match the catsuit here.

I'm also planning on replacing the textures the MLP masks use, you probably noticed how low-res they are. Simply converting the ones from Source Filmmaker (which are 4096x4096) should make them look MUCH nicer.

And she has no mouth (little weird innocent kink of mine) because I was playing with the model in Blender. Yep, I was able to get nifs working on Blender. In fact, you need to put the model in question in Blender in order to generate the normal map for the shiny effect to work properly.

Oh, and I still haven't taken my time to figure out the GND issue, sorry. I spend all my time on what I showed above.

Looks awesome!

On 9/29/2018 at 10:13 PM, monsta88 said:

OK, I did it. Test successful!

This was just a 2 minute work and I just added the breast bounce to 1 element of the full suit. So if I can do it, it is very easy to do it. :) This is the Ashlotte body file in meshes/actors/ashlotte dir. (Just to be on the safe side, make sure you make a safety copy before you overwrite it...)

body.nif

I still have no idea though why the D.Va crashes the Outfit Studio.

BTW, just look for a tutorial how to copy weights from a reference body.

Update: Unfortunately I was too happy too soon. I tried this for like 10 more suits and it was a major failure. I could do it only on Miranda, and even that is not a 100% proper update. The other suit results were disastrous, the models changed horribly when equipped. Some simply crashed the game when I navigated there in the inventory. Anyway, it is definitely doable, we just need someone who knows what he is doing. :)

I've found and used tutorials for that sort of stuff and it all flies over my head. It just makes little to no sense to me.

Even step-by-step ones confuse me. And I was using one of those for the Outfit Studio.

Anyway, thanks for trying with the suits.

I'll add the new mesh into the next update.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:29 AM, SelosTeef said:

Oooh, nice.

I seem to recall that some of the suits have shine to them already (Bayonetta comes to mind).

...I see you too are a man of refined taste. Incidentally, how do the ballgag variants you were working on work with the shine effect?

On 10/2/2018 at 9:26 PM, HermausMoron said:

Oooh, nice.

I seem to recall that some of the suits have shine to them already (Bayonetta comes to mind).

...I see you too are a man of refined taste. Incidentally, how do the ballgag variants you were working on work with the shine effect?

Yes, the Bayonetta one has shine on it, I just looked around its texture folder and I can see the normal map textures.

In fact, most of the masks that are not from cartoons (Disney and MLP ones for instance) have normal map textures, but most seem to not use them for some reason.

I haven't tested but experiments show that this effect is probably applicable to any model. You just gotta have a certain patience because you have to generate a normal map for every part of a model or armor piece that you want it to shine (just the ballgag has 3 parts if I'm not mistaken).

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 7:28 AM, HermausMoron said:

OH! Before I forget again, I found a good complement to the Peach masks, already with the shine effect:

I like the idea of those, but I won't be adding them into the mod.

Besides, I doubt Nokou would let me anyway! XD!
-------

Just a quick update for you. I've done absolutely NOTHING as of late.

But I will shortly change the masks to hoods instead of gags, because it has been eating away at me for a while now.

I do have a few more bodysuits to add while I'm at it. I won't tell you which ones, so you're gonna have to wait in anticipation!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 7:13 AM, HyperonicX said:

I like the idea of those, but I won't be adding them into the mod.

Besides, I doubt Nokou would let me anyway! XD!
-------

Just a quick update for you. I've done absolutely NOTHING as of late.

But I will shortly change the masks to hoods instead of gags, because it has been eating away at me for a while now.

I do have a few more bodysuits to add while I'm at it. I won't tell you which ones, so you're gonna have to wait in anticipation!

I understand completely, on both counts (I would have assumed you'd ask Nokou for permission regardless :P). I suppose I just wish there was a way to add DD functionality to Nokuo's work.

Eagerly looking forward to the update.

2 hours ago, HermausMoron said:

I understand completely, on both counts (I would have assumed you'd ask Nokou for permission regardless :P). I suppose I just wish there was a way to add DD functionality to Nokuo's work.

Eagerly looking forward to the update.

Adding DD functionality is very simple.

But having to go through each and every mask to apply the update is not.

I've been trying to find an answer to this, to copy + paste DD scripts from one item to another, then making a quick modification afterwards to get them to show up properly.

But I've had no such luck.

• 1 month later...

As strange as it may be, I have from this mod, its first part, and two other mods (not yours) do not display items when I put them on my character. I put it on and nothing happens.
P.S. Those two mods "Kyne's Blessing" (this mod, too, stems with DD), and "SOS" (and here is here already, too, something not the, but I suspect, that this all as something stems between themselves).

3 minutes ago, Vender_Pellegus said:

As strange as it may be, I have from this mod, its first part, and two other mods (not yours) do not display items when I put them on my character. I put it on and nothing happens.
P.S. Those two mods "Kyne's Blessing" (this mod, too, stems with DD), and "SOS" (and here is here already, too, something not the, but I suspect, that this all as something stems between themselves).

There must be a slot differentiation between the meshes and the mods.

I suggest checking both the .esp with either the CK or TES5Edit, and the meshes with nifskope, and make the changes to the meshes accordingly.

33 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

There must be a slot differentiation between the meshes and the mods.

I suggest checking both the .esp with either the CK or TES5Edit, and the meshes with nifskope, and make the changes to the meshes accordingly. 

Yeah...This I, unfortunately, don't know how to do with NifSkope, in particular... How to check them, and what kind of mods are we talking about? And why do this if I, for example, tried to use only one of these mods?

6 minutes ago, Vender_Pellegus said:

Yeah...This I, unfortunately, don't know how to do with NifSkope, in particular... 

It's not really that hard.

Try to follow these instructions, cause they will help you in the long run.

I hope they will help you!

- Open nifskope and load the mesh

- Click on the mesh, and in the Block List, expand the NiTriShape by clicking on the arrow next to the number.

- Click on BsDismemberSkinInstance, and in the Block Details, look for Partitions.

- Expand the Partitions, then expand THAT partitions list, and from there you should find the mesh slot under "Body Part"

- You can double-click on the mesh slot, then from there change it to what it says on the CK/TES5Edit

- Rinse and repeat for any other parts.

- After this is done, save it.

20 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

It's not really that hard.

Try to follow these instructions, cause they will help you in the long run.

I hope they will help you!

- Open nifskope and load the mesh

- Click on the mesh, and in the Block List, expand the NiTriShape by clicking on the arrow next to the number.

- Click on BsDismemberSkinInstance, and in the Block Details, look for Partitions.

- Expand the Partitions, then expand THAT partitions list, and from there you should find the mesh slot under "Body Part"

- You can double-click on the mesh slot, then from there change it to what it says on the CK/TES5Edit

- Rinse and repeat for any other parts.

- After this is done, save it. 

It will be difficult for me, as I will do it for the first time. And what exactly do you need to see in TES5Edit?
By the way, where is the link to the latest version of the mod? There's only a link to the mod for pony masks.

50 minutes ago, Vender_Pellegus said:

It will be difficult for me, as I will do it for the first time. And what exactly do you need to see in TES5Edit?
By the way, where is the link to the latest version of the mod? There's only a link to the mod for pony masks.

Just check both the armor addon and armor parts to make sure they've got the same slot (if the armor addon has more than one slot, you don't need to worry about it. Just as long as the slot that the mesh has is selected, then there's no worries.)

That's odd. I uploaded both at the same time. I'll have a look and see what the problem is.

EDIT: Ok, problem solved.

51 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Just check both the armor addon and armor parts to make sure they've got the same slot (if the armor addon has more than one slot, you don't need to worry about it. Just as long as the slot that the mesh has is selected, then there's no worries.)

That's odd. I uploaded both at the same time. I'll have a look and see what the problem is.

EDIT: Ok, problem solved.

I'm sorry, but I think you're going to have to tell me everything in great detail. Why, by the way, the mod weighs in at 3Gb?

Spoiler

Screen.png.dc52a70b7a50a4a8b4d8052f350bd3d1.png

In TES5Edit, you're already at one of the places you need to be. That's a good start.

From where you are, you need to find the Rendered part of the armor, cause the part in your screenshots is just for the mask to show in your inventory.

The Rendered part should have the same name (but replace Inventory with Rendered) as above in the refID, but the inventory name should be blank. This is standard in DD mods.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find that the Rendered part uses the head, hair and 44 slots.

If you check the Armor Addon of the same mod, you'll see it has those too. (Where you expanded the Armor list, there should be another that said Armor Addon. From there, you should easily locate the mask you're looking for.

I tried to keep them as simple as I could to make them easier to find in both the CK and TES5Edit.

As for why it is nearly 300MB, that's because of all of the many meshes and textures for the mask and suit models. There are quite a few of them, so it all adds up.

And it's only gonna get bigger with each additional update.

56 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

In TES5Edit, you're already at one of the places you need to be. That's a good start.

From where you are, you need to find the Rendered part of the armor, cause the part in your screenshots is just for the mask to show in your inventory.

The Rendered part should have the same name (but replace Inventory with Rendered) as above in the refID, but the inventory name should be blank. This is standard in DD mods.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find that the Rendered part uses the head, hair and 44 slots.

If you check the Armor Addon of the same mod, you'll see it has those too. (Where you expanded the Armor list, there should be another that said Armor Addon. From there, you should easily locate the mask you're looking for.

I tried to keep them as simple as I could to make them easier to find in both the CK and TES5Edit.

As for why it is nearly 300MB, that's because of all of the many meshes and textures for the mask and suit models. There are quite a few of them, so it all adds up.

And it's only gonna get bigger with each additional update. 

In " EditorID "there are no lines with" Rendered", there is only" Inventory "and"scriptInstance".
P.S. unpacked mod files weigh about 3Gb.

34 minutes ago, Vender_Pellegus said:

In " EditorID "there are no lines with" Rendered", there is only" Inventory "and"scriptInstance".
P.S. unpacked mod files weigh about 3Gb.

When I checked they said rendered. Doesn't matter. 

Anyway, it's the scriptInstance parts you want anyway. They both mean the same thing in the end.

And that is correct. I said it all adds up in the end.

I'm not gonna compress and put a .bsa file instead because not only do I greatly dislike those files, but because it is easier to manage files separately, especially if I need to change something in a mesh or retexture something.

Besides, I don't even know how to make a .bsa file to begin with!

43 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

When I checked they said rendered. Doesn't matter. 

Anyway, it's the scriptInstance parts you want anyway. They both mean the same thing in the end.

And that is correct. I said it all adds up in the end.

I'm not gonna compress and put a .bsa file instead because not only do I greatly dislike those files, but because it is easier to manage files separately, especially if I need to change something in a mesh or retexture something.

Besides, I don't even know how to make a .bsa file to begin with! 

I think I found what I needed in NifScope. But how can I now find in TES5Edit what to replace value in Body Part in NifScope. And so I will need to do for each ' NiTriS..."for each of the meshes?

Spoiler

Screen(1).png.32905020e2eb88925393d2ef814c3674.png

Spoiler

scer.png.de8a52d56be8501007145041e34ed323.png

You don't need to change anything. Both the meshes and the mod say they're both the same.

Still, check the armor addon. As mentioned above, go to the top of the list, close the armor list and open the armor addon list and check there.

If it is the same as the other two (should be), and it still doesn't work, then I'm really not sure what is going on with your setup, cause it works fine on my end.

15 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

You don't need to change anything. Both the meshes and the mod say they're both the same.

Still, check the armor addon. As mentioned above, go to the top of the list, close the armor list and open the armor addon list and check there.

If it is the same as the other two (should be), and it still doesn't work, then I'm really not sure what is going on with your setup, cause it works fine on my end.

It seems that everything is fine here...

Spoiler

screen.png.5008b9c07ccddf134435bc544a2ac9ad.png