I've seen this kind of thread many times before but nothing that solves my problem.

I am trying to make a custom helmet, just trying to get a simple cone shape into the goddam game before I start pouring any work into making custom meshes and custom textures.

I have done everything I can possibly think of, I've taken the shape from Maya and triangulated it, opened it in outfit studio, copied weights from the iron helmet to my mesh, imported it into nifskope with no problems, it shows up fine.

HOWEVER, THERE IS NO NITRISHAPEDATA in the original iron helmet OR the helmet I exported, I can't tell if that's new in Skyrim SE, or Nifskope 2.0, but it is simply not there, so clearly I cannot copy it from the iron helmet into the helmet I'm trying to use.

I have found 0 tutorials using nifskope 2.0, every tutorial seems to take a path that does not apply to skyrim SE or something, because I try to follow them and specific things like menu options do not exist, such as NiTriShapeData.

I don't know what to do, I can't think of anything that I would need to change or do differently, I can't find a recent tutorial on this at all and I'm seriously just unable to do anything and I really need help.

Archived