[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

How often are events from submitting to another character are supposed to trigger? I think I had one in like 10 years... and I did try to submit to multiple husbands (not at the same time, they tended not to live too long...) and bunch of random courtiers, vassals etc.

16 hours ago, kplh said:

How often are events from submitting to another character are supposed to trigger? I think I had one in like 10 years... and I did try to submit to multiple husbands (not at the same time, they tended not to live too long...) and bunch of random courtiers, vassals etc.

They're supposed to fire every 2-3 months. If you're otherwise occupied they can't fire and will be belayed. However, there seems to be a bug when trying to offer submission as a slave (rank 1), which is recognized as being occupied. I will have to fix that.

Nah.. would love to play this mod but I cant see any society. Not the default ones and not the bdsm society. If iIll join per command thear is no leader.

I dont know what is causing the problem but I dont have any other mod which can cause the problem.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:54 PM, whateverdontcare said:

It isn't actually. Neither is Jade Dragon required for offmap powers.

Vanilla societies (except for secret religious cults) that is. I wasn't sure, if the Mod would function correctly without Monks and Mystics, but I tested it without any DLCs activated, and it worked fine, so I removed that requirement in todays update.

That still leaves the question as to what causes the strange disappearance of the society. With the position of Master not even assigned, it seems to be deactivated. If that was due to the missing DLC, or somehow related to that requirement, version 0.8.2 should remedy that.

EDIT: One thing I hadn't even thought about until now: It can only work on a new game. If the game was set up without the mod, the society isn't active. It seems, societies that are not created via events, are only set up once at the beginning of a game.

I love this mod, and it has great potential. It got me to pick up CK2 after quite a while.

Suggestions if interested; I have little knowledge of the code or mods work, so I am sure a lot of these are completely impossible.

Couple small things I noticed. Members do not rank up so quick, some stay slaves their whole time, few mistresses and domina's replace the first batch, maybe I should play more and see though.

some more gifted individuals seem to be more geared towards skipping the whole sub side and move right up in rank :P a sadistic Empress of Byzantine doesn't seem suited for slavery.

-I would like some devious dominants. where they do bad stuff to submissives who are naive enough to get caught up in the secret medieval bdsm society "D

-Some Chastity situations would be interesting, having to perform some kind of favor for the opportunity to get out of it temporarily, and extend your bloodline.

-something like findom would work nicely for this mod. Especially if the dominant uses the money on toys for you.
You could make it optional at first for some bonuses, but if you keep giving it doesn't become an option anymore.

-They could also get some kind of income like how royalty and counsel members get. Maybe even an appointed position?

-It would be interesting if you could not remove restraints, not sure if this is even a option as far as code goes.

For more hardcore stuff,

-The ability to turn the pc into a toy/gimp, causing them to resign as a ruler and moved to a secluded court of the dominant, (where you take over as your heir at this point)

Great job on this mod, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. My only complaint was that as society members were found out and burned at the stake, my character ended up as the Mistress of the society and really had nothing to do, but I understand that it's a work in progress. I really like the ability to make things like corsets, harnesses, toys, etc and give them to other characters, and the cost is pretty reasonable if you're a Duke or a King. Not so much for a Count, but I'm guessing that was intended.

Anyway... Just wanted to let you know that this is shaping up to be one of my favorite mods so far, and the fact that it seems to be compatible with everything else I use is a major bonus.

When using this mod I got my husband to join the society, after which he was gone for decades and then he died. Basically he went there and never came back. Not sure if it has been reported, but I don't think this makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 7:49 PM, R0nin78 said:

My only complaint was that as society members were found out and burned at the stake, my character ended up as the Mistress of the society [...]

Thank you for the praise and feedback. Currently player characters are not supposed to be able to rank up beyond servant. Also, since this is not a criminal society like devil worshipers, members should not be burnt as apostates. I never had the "a fellow member was found out and burnt at the stake" event pop up during testing. Are you sure, that is what happened? Also, can you describe how your character ended up as Mistress? I thought I put sufficient countermeasures in place.

EDIT: The burning at the stake may have occurred due to incompetent court chaplains falsely accusing people of apostasy.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:32 AM, chb123 said:

When using this mod I got my husband to join the society, after which he was gone for decades and then he died. Basically he went there and never came back. Not sure if it has been reported, but I don't think this makes sense.

NPCs should remain slaves for a few years, but not decades. I'm working on improving the rank up mechanics for AI, so things like that won't happen.

• 2 weeks later...

NEWS

The question of leadership and dev diaries

As it turns out, despite my efforts to counteract this, it is possible for a player character with an ideal combination of traits to become master, even directly from rank 2. While servants should not even be considered for that role, with the upcoming version 0.9 players will be able to naturally reach rank 3, and as such qualify for inheriting leadership. I mulled over several methods to keep player characters from rank 4, for example by dumping their member score, or generating the ideal candidate. In the end I decided against such methods, because they would ultimately impact immersion more, than missing content.

The game doesn't break or anything if you become master (or domina for that matter), there's just nothing to do. There will still be no dedicated content for the master in 0.9, but you will be able to reach rank 4. You still need to be rank 3, to inherit the position though. I am adjusting member score, so dominants will always be higher than submissives, and a new master will probably still be a generated, if there are no other dominants in the society. 

I realize, that topic probably ails me more, that is does you players, which is another reason I decided to just let it be. 

The other topic I want to address, is development diaries (dev diaries for short). Some of you probably know about that paradox tradition, of releasing regular updates on the development process of new games, features and expansions. To give you a glimpse of what I'm working on at the moment, and explaining some of the new features, I will be posting irregular dev diaries in this thread, as new features near completion. I hope you look forward to these little insights, and it shortens the wait for the update.

Hmm... alright. Looking forward to this. Though if I'm being honest i mostly play it for the sub content. How about an event for someone of a lower rank (A servant asking this to a dom or even the master) trying to dom the person of the higher rank? Or someone you're in a relationship with using you to get them more points, such as volunteering your services to the house or another dom?

My offer to help writing still stands btw :P This is right up my alley

Yeah, the localisation file in the archive is not the correct one. As a temporary fix, if you still have the archive of the previous version of the mod, you could use the previous version's localisation file instead. You won't get the proper text for any newly added event, but the rest should display correctly.

Spoiler

In your Mod folder, inside the bdsmSociety folder, and then inside the localisation folder, there should be a file named bdsm_society.csv but in with the current version the file is corrupt (or not saved properly) and is named .~lock.bdsm_society.csv#. If you still have the previous version of the mod somewhere on your computer, delete the incorrect file and replace it with the previous version's bdsm_society.csv .

On 9/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, Trioculus said:

Yeah, the localisation file in the archive is not the correct one. As a temporary fix, if you still have the archive of the previous version of the mod, you could use the previous version's localisation file instead. You won't get the proper text for any newly added event, but the rest should display correctly.

Reveal hidden contents

In your Mod folder, inside the bdsmSociety folder, and then inside the localisation folder, there should be a file named bdsm_society.csv but in with the current version the file is corrupt (or not saved properly) and is named .~lock.bdsm_society.csv#. If you still have the previous version of the mod somewhere on your computer, delete the incorrect file and replace it with the previous version's bdsm_society.csv .

Can someone attach that file?

Sorry about that. Something must have gone wrong packing the archive. I uploaded a working archive.

You can also download the missing file seperately. It goes in the "[user]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\bdsmSociety\localisation" folder.

Thanks to Trioculus for providing the old file as a workaround.