Yo.

Sorry, but I'm new to modding Skyrim, and going to ask a stupid question...

I already got the UNPB-BBP body up and running, but I'd like to see more compatible armors in game, and have yet to find a comprehensive replacer package. So could I, for example, download the Armored Bikini package here, extract it, rename the bikini meshes to merchant-clothing meshes, and then overwrite those meshes in my Skyrim Data subfolders, and as easily as that have merchants in game walking around in bikinis?

Yo.

I already got the UNPB-BBP body up and running, but I'd like to see more compatible armors in game, and have yet to find a comprehensive replacer package. So could I, for example, download the Armored Bikini package here, extract it, rename the bikini meshes to merchant-clothing meshes, and then overwrite those meshes in my Skyrim Data subfolders, and as easily as that have merchants in game walking around in bikinis?

The front page has a link to someone working on the original armors for this body, plus you can install and use regular UNPB armors with this body they just won't jiggle. Do a search on nexus, there are plenty of mods for vanilla armors and clothing.

Yo.

The front page has a link to someone working on the original armors for this body, plus you can install and use regular UNPB armors with this body they just won't jiggle. Do a search on nexus, there are plenty of mods for vanilla armors and clothing.

Yeah, I've got most of the armors covered, but my searches have not turned up any replacers for clothing.

Yo.

Yeah, I've got most of the armors covered, but my searches have not turned up any replacers for clothing.

TroubleMakers Clothing UNPB also BBP and BBPx, optional file TroubleMakers Clothing Replacers UNPB - BBP

The bikini/renaming thing would also work.

...so good! They're all so good! I HAD TO UNINSTALL A COUPLE OF THESE BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID MY KEYBOARD WOULD BREAK FROM ALL MY DROOL ALL OVER IT!!!  On another thought. Have you thought about maybe partnering up with Stuffed_bunny to get some of these armors to be compatible with his new UNP Bodyslide. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING TO TIP MY HAT TO SIR!

This one is very nice: Grace Darklings Elven Scout Armor -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35174

It deserves a UNPB conversion :D

Yeah, I tried to convert this myself...only to have it fail in game.  Its actually based on the light elven armor by newermind43.  I'm aware of what the issue the armor is having, but I have no idea how to fix it.  If you looked a the dismemberingskininstance it has 3 partitions.  Most armors I've worked with in skyrim, only have 1 partition lol.  I tried to mimic how its setup, with no sucess.  

Now if anyone wants to give it a go, and figure out how to make it work..be my guest.  If anything, I would like to know how someone got it to work lol.  I can tell you that if you use it, it will most likely be invisible in game except for a sliver of the armor.

As of now it has no weight slider:

Edit:

I did remove one piece from the armor, to show more skin than the original.  If someone can get this to work, it'll probably also work with the light elven armor its based on.  Also I did try to alter the esp to see if that was one of the issues lol.

It does probably have clipping, as I had no way to test in game to see how it clipped and what I would need to fix.

I'm using CBBE TBBP with XPMS skeleton and not unexpectedly these armors cause CTD. Can I install only some files from UNPB to make them work without changing my character's body? Note: I know the textures might look wrong but sometimes the armor will cover it up.

I'm using CBBE TBBP with XPMS skeleton and not unexpectedly these armors cause CTD. Can I install only some files from UNPB to make them work without changing my character's body? Note: I know the textures might look wrong but sometimes the armor will cover it up.

Check this file Data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\skeleton.nif

If you don't have it, download the UNPB mod (with BBP) and install only that skeleton.

This one is very nice: Grace Darklings Elven Scout Armor -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35174

It deserves a UNPB conversion biggrin.png

Yeah, I tried to convert this myself...only to have it fail in game.  Its actually based on the light elven armor by newermind43.  I'm aware of what the issue the armor is having, but I have no idea how to fix it.  If you looked a the dismemberingskininstance it has 3 partitions.  Most armors I've worked with in skyrim, only have 1 partition lol.  I tried to mimic how its setup, with no sucess.  

Now if anyone wants to give it a go, and figure out how to make it work..be my guest.  If anything, I would like to know how someone got it to work lol.  I can tell you that if you use it, it will most likely be invisible in game except for a sliver of the armor.

As of now it has no weight slider:

Edit:

I did remove one piece from the armor, to show more skin than the original.  If someone can get this to work, it'll probably also work with the light elven armor its based on.  Also I did try to alter the esp to see if that was one of the issues lol.

It does probably have clipping, as I had no way to test in game to see how it clipped and what I would need to fix.

Did a quick test and my game crashed so bad that I had to restart the computer lol.

In 3ds I saw that leggings and arms had the bsdismemberskin modifier incomplete (0 faces selected). I have redone the modifiers and I'd say it's fixed (I've tested it without textures).

Here's the mesh: GDattireUNPB.7z

Also I saw the 3 partitions of the original armor. I know how they work, and also I got a doubt.

The idea is to select some polygons and assign them a partition (let's say calves). Then when we equip another armor piece that also uses the calves partition, only the calves polygons of the main armor will dissapear.

The doubt I have is why the UNP body use two partitions, both 32-body. I know there are problems using only one partition for the body. I'm supposing there is a max number of faces to be used in a partition or something like that.

@b3lisario - Hmm, that's really odd.  I remember double checking in 3ds max that all the faces were selected with the bsdismemberskin modifier.  I realize that most body mods use the multiple partitions, and I can understand the reasoning behind it.  It just kind of threw me a curve ball when trying to troubleshoot why it wasn't working.  I guess I'll have to check my 3ds max settings to make sure something isn't screwed up with them (never had that happen before lol).

Thanks for taking at look at it!

Edit:

Alright!  So i tested it in game, and it worked in terms of the armor showing up.  What really blows my mind is there's no clipping, did you do something to the weighting? 

The only issue its having is the chest armor and legs are showing up with a completely different texture.  To test verify it, I used it as a replacement for a vanilla armor and set the textures manually.  That seemed to work well.

I'm not really familiar with armors that use multiple color variations, and how to set that up properly.  I know that a good example of this is the vanilla guard armor; since each city has its own color.

Though here's how it did look in game:

So I'll see if I can mess with the esp to figure out how to fix that, or check the uvmapping to see if its set to the wrong texture.

Here's how it looks when used with the esp, with the wrong tex in game:

b3lisario, I've got a tiny request. In your conversion of Armored bikini, the hooters bra was also changed into a bikini top. I'd really love to see the old hooters bra converted to UNPB-BBP. Could you do that and add it to the Armored Bikini pack. Or maybe release as an optional file. I don't know if you mistakenly turned the hooters bra into a bikini top or not, but I really want to see the old bra back and with BBP!

10020-1-1331077293.jpg

I don't understand why there are so many people requesting UNP or even UNPB stuff to be converted, they already fit the UNP BBP body quite well. There are sooooooo many good CBBE exclusive stuffs out there and they will cause horrible body deformations if you put them on a UNPB body.

Not that I'm bothered with this, it's just people should understand CBBE/LB stuffs should be put above the standard UNP/UNPB things in priority.

Here are some examples of cool CBBE armor/clothings, some of which are already being requested and taken notice by b3lisario:

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/26570000.html

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/27352453.html

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26826

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/23859055.html

I don't understand why there are so many people requesting UNP or even UNPB stuff to be converted, they already fit the UNP BBP body quite well. There are sooooooo many good CBBE exclusive stuffs out there and they will cause horrible body deformations if you put them on a UNPB body.

Not that I'm bothered with this, it's just people should understand CBBE/LB stuffs should be put above the standard UNP/UNPB things in priority.

Here are some examples of cool CBBE armor/clothings, some of which are already being requested and taken notice by b3lisario:

The fact that you use CBBE does not make that body type superior to UNP the same way that UNP is not superior to CBBE because I like it more.

It is  exactly because there are very nice pieces of equipment for CBBE (as it is a far older skeleton) that (as you well put) will cause horrible deformation if you put them on a UNPB body is why people are requesting their convertion.

For the record, no CBBE armor fits the UNP body "quite well".

At best you will have texture deformations at the hip and ankles, at worst your char will look like a rubble of polligons rather that a human.

The fact that you use CBBE does not make that body type superior to UNP the same way that UNP is not superior to CBBE because I like it more.

It is  exactly because there are very nice pieces of equipment for CBBE (as it is a far older skeleton) that (as you well put) will cause horrible deformation if you put them on a UNPB body is why people are requesting their convertion.

For the record, no CBBE armor fits the UNP body "quite well".

At best you will have texture deformations at the hip and ankles, at worst your char will look like a rubble of polligons rather that a human.

What he's saying is that UNP fits the UNPB body quite well and thus CBBE only armors should have the priority to be converted to UNPB.

Well I second that then. Indeed there should be a higher priority to convert CBBE armor to UNP than just add bbp to already existing UNP armors. 

I do think though that just adding BBP to an already UNP armor is a easier procces and takes less time, But tyes.. The more UNP armors the better :-)

What really blows my mind is there's no clipping, did you do something to the weighting?

No I only redid the bsdismem...etc modifiers. I used the UNPB 2.2 skeleton if that matters.

So I'll see if I can mess with the esp to figure out how to fix that, or check the uvmapping to see if its set to the wrong texture.

Yeah textures may be assigned in the esp file, check the nif file in the armor addons. Since there is one more mesh you'll need to reassign the textures. The order of the meshes in the nif file matters in this case.

b3lisario, I've got a tiny request. In your conversion of Armored bikini, the hooters bra was also changed into a bikini top. I'd really love to see the old hooters bra converted to UNPB-BBP. Could you do that and add it to the Armored Bikini pack. Or maybe release as an optional file. I don't know if you mistakenly turned the hooters bra into a bikini top or not, but I really want to see the old bra back and with BBP!

I'll add your request to the to-do list. Lately I'm being lazy as fuck and I didn't convert the bra on purpose. In fact I didn't convert anything, the bikini meshes are the ones of the UNPB mod, that are conversions of the never nude version of the UNP body.

Anyway you can still use the original mod if you want to use the pieces I didn't repack, they are not replaced.

it's just people should understand CBBE/LB stuffs should be put above the standard UNP/UNPB things in priority.

Indeed there should be a higher priority to convert CBBE armor to UNP than just add bbp to already existing UNP armors

Well I see your point but I choose what to do based on personal criteria. All kind of requests are welcomed, though nothing is guaranteed.