I'm checking the files and... Is it normal that boots_x.nif are both 896 BYTES large only?

Yes they are a proxy boots item since the models are in the cuirass mesh. Their function is to hide your feet. And to be enchanted, perks, etc.

Do you plan to make boots separate from the body part?

I'm sorry but no I don't have plans to split the armor. I didn't touch the esp file and I don't see the need to change it: there is a boots item and and cuirass item, both enchantables. Why do you want to equip another boots?

Because I use Elewin Pumps 2 mostly (and UNP Leather boots sometimes) and they could fit (being simple enough) :) Besides one needs to tweak HDT settings each time equipping those (Leather Thief Armor) boots as they are strictly speaking not HH :P

Haha ok...thanks that is the problem.It is set at 0.8 instead of 1.0.

Ok...i increased the weight from 0.8 to 1.0(maximum)and i still get the same crash.Do i need to download something else before using it?

I'm checking the files and... Is it normal that boots_x.nif are both 896 BYTES large only?

Yes they are a proxy boots item since the models are in the cuirass mesh. Their function is to hide your feet. And to be enchanted, perks, etc.

Do you plan to make boots separate from the body part?

I'm sorry but no I don't have plans to split the armor. I didn't touch the esp file and I don't see the need to change it: there is a boots item and and cuirass item, both enchantables. Why do you want to equip another boots?

Because I use Elewin Pumps 2 mostly (and UNP Leather boots sometimes) and they could fit (being simple enough) :) Besides one needs to tweak HDT settings each time equipping those (Leather Thief Armor) boots as they are strictly speaking not HH :P

The HDT system shouldn't conflict with non-HDT equipment, it only affects those boots modded for that.

I never had to modify the HDT settings. I think there is something broken in your installation, or maybe I am not understanding.

I am getting a CTD from the wjun lady,the moment i equip it...the game CTDs...do i need to do something special?i Have the UNPB BBP body...should i get something else?

Check this file Data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\skeleton.nif

It's included in the UNPB mod

maybe im nuts but I can't find the leather thief?

I cant seem to find the Leather Thief Armor after i installed it. Not even at the skyforge or through the console.... its as if its not installed yet it does show up in the data files list.

help thief doesn't work?

The two reasons I know for an armor not appearing ingame are missing or unchecked esp file, or your Skyrim version is not up to date.

If it's the second, don't use the fixed esp file. The one from the main file is older and it should work with older Skyrim versions.