(Poll) Things in the Dark Redone : what changes do you wish ?

Delzaron

Things in the Dark Redone : what changes do you wish ?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Underworld or Openworld ?

• Ibn is a underworld city
    • Ibn is in an open space
  2. 2. Story or framework ?

• The mod story is the most important, the stuff the citty brings for LL players is optionnal
    • The mod should bring a city for LL players, story is optionnal
    • Both can be good.
  3. 3. The prologue

• Keep the current prologue
    • Change it please!
  4. 4. The slavery part

• Extend it, make it better and more progressive
    • reduce it
  5. 5. Integration with vanilla skyrim and other mods

• Sure, but not a lot
    • Avoid it!
  6. 6. What the city should bring to LL player ?

• A dark atmosphere : the city should be dark and full of terror
    • Slavery stuff, like Bravil Underground
    • the plot about the Underground Empire
    • Brothels, Inns, torutre rooms, etc... available for player
    • Unique goods, items and spells
  7. 7. The inhabitants and the city atmosphere

• Something like Drow cities : elfs population, and slaves
    • Something like Skavens : a dirty mess.
    • More simple !
  8. 8. The City dimension

• The city should be huge (maybe more than 200 citizens and slaves)
    • The city should be little

I think fixing bugs is important too current version is unplayable without console (maybe I could be wrong)

There should be occasions that main character could be banged by falmers after being servant like,

there are skirmish battles, when you lose you get captured by enemy falmers or being banged by fellow falmers as a purnishment

or pleasing falmer generals/soldiers to make them your side in falmer empire plots

Also I hope you could make bikini armors and clothing stuffs compatiable with bodyslide cause they are alreay made

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72028

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13188

Your quest mods are the best among here I think cheers!

Just want to say I love things in the dark, its a very long quest mod but I have done it twice, bugs and all. Any attempt redo it in a better quality should be keeping with the spirit of the original. There are certainly somethings that can improved content wise, but what I like about your mods is that they are ambitious, you have this idea and you do everything to make it work. The biggest thing would be bug fixing, having to use console commands for a large part of the playthrough isn't exactly fun but everything still makes it work.

The most important thing is to decide what it the core of the mod and get that 100% working and playable without needing to set stage or other console commands first while making the addition of further quests .etc and more "plug-in" type setup, so get the main quest in and done and have it's stage requirements adjustable to allow for the insertion of new progress quests/states. 

1. Decide the point of the city/mod. [is it a refuge where they want to just survive and be safe? or are they trying to reclaim the entire world?]

2. get that quest working in it's basic form. [just 1 condition to complete to fulfil each stage]

3. start adding more quests the then contribute to the main goal stages.

Because once it's working in the basic form then its easier to test each new addition to see if it breaks something.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't recommend making Ibn open world...keeping it in it's own space which it currently does is probably the most optimal way to handle it.   In it's present state, I have to use console commands quite a bit and making Ibn open world would magnify the need to use console commands to get through quests in it and result in even more CTD's.  

• 3 months later...

LOVE this mod. Breaks my heart I can`t play it(dislike console commands, so I eventually just stopped trying to play it). As for suggestions(if I`m not too late. Just found this poll): More time as a slave. I was a hard worker, and got promoted really quickly;                             Not sure if this is already a thing, but option to acquire Nord girl PC is captured with as PC`s slave would be good.                                      I use Forgotten Wenches mod(all the Wenches mods, actually) which causes wenches to spawn in when falmer are around. And those wenches can spawn alot of other stuff. Things would get way out of hand, quickly. So a patch to disable that from happening with Ibn falmer                              All Ibn females(incuding PC and followers) are sexually submissive to male falmers(need to increase population if Ibn is gonna one day take over Skyrim). Falmers "use" females when their arousal gets to a certain point, without the need of dialogue(falmers just grab them and use them);                     Breeding farm, perhaps using Hearthfire, outside surface entrance(s) to Ibn-slaves are bred with chaurus and skeevers to feed growing population(chaurus eggs and skeever meat), and perhaps chaurus thus bred are used as shock troops/cannon fodder(maybe option to implement MME adding pure falmer milk);                             Perhaps implement PAHE/HSH in some way, instead of coming up with your own slavery system;                                         Estrus Chaurus implementation;                               Falmer outside of Ibn remain hostile to PC, even if they`ve converted to "pure falmer"(I seem to remember falmer dungeons where they just ignore me, but maybe it was just a bug) This is a must, or falmer dungeons are ruined;                                         Build a harem(once PC gains Ibn dwelling of their own) of slaves/lower ranked pure falmer/corrupted surface dwellers complete with male falmer consorts/studs to breed them and PC(followers are automatically in Harem);                                   Alliance with Dawnguard vampires(PC has to side with vampires and finish Dawnguard) once PC becomes Queen(PC doesn`t have to remain a vampire);                                  Queen PC becomes Chaur Tegoth`s consort, and is bred by his avatar(smaller version), resulting eggs turned in to temple;                                              Ultimately rule Skyrim from the shadows, corrupting and adding to PCs Harem(in secret) key political figures[Elisif, Jarl of Morthal`s daughter, Blackbriar daughter, etc.(daughters, with Ibn`s backing, take leadership role)], resulting in alternate civil war ending with Stormcloaks disbanded, Empire expelled, and Aldmeri presence destroyed(females, from all 3 factions, of course, being enslaved). And when the Dominion inevitably invade, are met with a huge surprise as the armies of Ibn boil up from underground and hit them in the flanks, crushing them between Falmer and Nord forces, and the northern Empire of Dova(or whatever) is formed with official marriage of Queen PC and Elisif (heirs are produced with use of male consorts), and a Matriarchal multi-cultural society is established, with only females allowed to assume leadership roles(Empress, Jarl, mayor, family Matron, etc.). Males are relegated to laborors, warriors, etc. but retain rights of sexual dominance as studs for breeding purposes. Being able to "breed" ALMOST any woman they want should help to sooth their bruised egos at having women in charge of everything else.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Well...that certainly got out of hand. And it`s only the tip of the iceberg, as my PC`s backstory for Elder Scrolls begins in Oblivion and continues into Skyrim(it actually begins waaaay back when the first men walked the land. I have a somewhat similar backstory and endgame for FNV, too. Screw FO4, voiced protagonist ruined Fallout, imo. And then...`76 happened. Ugh. Damn you, Corporate America!). Hopefully something(s) will peak your interest. But that last one...way, way, WAAAAAAY too ambitious. You`d need a whole team and years to pull that one off. It`s more of an epilogue for what happens afterwards, really. Solstheim would be annexed as well, by the way. And then...alright, me, STOP! I`ll have to write a book, if this keeps on.                       So...I really enjoy your mods, and keep up the good work. It`s greatly appreciated. As is the work of all modders, really. Let me end this monstrosity of a post by saying "Thank you for adding to my Skyrim experience."

Archived