12 hours ago, ChicGeek said:

Holy shit  she  we get to be a NINJA?!?! 

Her  Our awesomeness knows no bounds.  

Guys I think Ivy is starting toshhhhhhh, bitch.

Wait till you guys see my new do'. 

(hint-its no longer a fucking mess)

See you soon!

xoxo

The real HBIC ? 

Having said that.. Ivy will soon have the ability to hack enemy Synths (not coursers) and some Robots (not sentries) so they fight on her side for a short time.. and some other abilities as well during combat.. :)

Working today on tweaking her special kill moves, working on filtering enemy types (so she doesn't try a kill move on a Behemoth or Mirelurk Queen etc..) and to tweak the frequency (she shouldn't spam the ability as it's quite overpower). So today is spent fighting a lot of raiders in god mode, to see how her combat routines work and what can be tweaked or balanced.

Also, unrelated, while testing out her 'redeem' quest I found out another 'legal' option of recruiting her without a voucher.

The trick is to pickpocket the NX-2C controller holotape from her.

Thing is, I haven't been able to yet but I guess with high enough pickpocket- and sneak perks you could be able to do it.

I kind of selected "No companion" when talking to Ivy and then she said "good for me" or some such thing.

Now I can't find her.

Does no companion mean dismiss?

Where can I find her?

oh, may be in the original place that I found her. will look

2 hours ago, padezaw said:

I kind of selected "No companion" when talking to Ivy and then she said "good for me" or some such thing.

Now I can't find her...

Use the holotape controller of the NX2, you have the option to teleport to you.

But as a rule, if you release her, she will return to the sanctuary

Awesome.. just freaking AWESOME!!! I´ve re-installed FO4, I´ve got all the mods I wanted (except the most important one) I´m busy mashing up outfits and tweaking weapons.. BUT!! I´m not playing one..single..second.. before I getz my Ivy.. no Ivy? no Fallout BASTA!! Dear , sweet Reginald and darling, wonderful Chic.. you have taught me patience, nobody could ever do that and yet, here i am, waiting, patiently.. to roam the hideous City of Boston, murdering at will, sowing Chaos and spreading joy to the world through .50 Cal. with my best girl by my side (that came out a little bit country) I never, ever, thought i´d be so anxious to play a game that i really don´t think is that great.. just because of ONE..SINGLE...MOD...  YOU!!! Reginald are a genious, a God, a bringer of joy and a Beacon of Humanity for bringing us this wonderful Companion..thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  all praise aside.. please, take your time, do NOT rush, with this much awesome you really need to do it slow and take your time (switching to RnB here) I/We will wait, patiently.. 

Wow, that teleporting kill business is...really really fucking cool.

Also thank you for continuing to have robo ivy as an option, I find it makes her a much more interesting character, more human by adding some insecurity and even a little anguish at her voice. ( I don't know if Ivy would know her flaws and issues surrounding it, MAKE her more human, which in itself is endearing) It wraps itself up quite nicely, it's really a great bit of character development, a wonderful improvement from the overwhelmingly 2D minds of followers (Vanilla and Modded) in FO4. Cait and Piper display this behaviour, but it's offered almost as a reward for becoming more friendly, a prelude to sexytime, like a carrot on a stick. With Ivy though it's not forced, not a big reveal or anything, it's more natural, and frankly more well written.

5 hours ago, isalex said:

Awesome.. just freaking AWESOME!!! I´ve re-installed FO4, I´ve got all the mods I wanted (except the most important one) I´m busy mashing up outfits and tweaking weapons.. BUT!! I´m not playing one..single..second.. before I getz my Ivy.. no Ivy? no Fallout BASTA!! Dear , sweet Reginald and darling, wonderful Chic.. you have taught me patience, nobody could ever do that and yet, here i am, waiting, patiently.. to roam the hideous City of Boston, murdering at will, sowing Chaos and spreading joy to the world through .50 Cal. with my best girl by my side (that came out a little bit country) I never, ever, thought i´d be so anxious to play a game that i really don´t think is that great.. just because of ONE..SINGLE...MOD...  YOU!!! Reginald are a genious, a God, a bringer of joy and a Beacon of Humanity for bringing us this wonderful Companion..thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  all praise aside.. please, take your time, do NOT rush, with this much awesome you really need to do it slow and take your time (switching to RnB here) I/We will wait, patiently.. 

y'know it IS going to take a while (3 months at least) before we release right? It will be somewhere IN the summer, if not by the end of it.

I can't even go without my daily fix of at least an hour of Commonwealth (!)

3 hours ago, TheGawdfather said:

Wow, that teleporting kill business is...really really fucking cool.

Also thank you for continuing to have robo ivy as an option, I find it makes her a much more interesting character, more human by adding some insecurity and even a little anguish at her voice. ( I don't know if Ivy would know her flaws and issues surrounding it, MAKE her more human, which in itself is endearing) It wraps itself up quite nicely, it's really a great bit of character development, a wonderful improvement from the overwhelmingly 2D minds of followers (Vanilla and Modded) in FO4. Cait and Piper display this behaviour, but it's offered almost as a reward for becoming more friendly, a prelude to sexytime, like a carrot on a stick. With Ivy though it's not forced, not a big reveal or anything, it's more natural, and frankly more well written.

To be fair. I had no deadlines or budgets while working on Ivy. No sane game developer would spend the amount of resources and time on a follower like this and be in business long enough to talk about it. Ivy is a labor of love, in which I've tried to examine psychology and human behavior, under extreme circumstances from a Jungian and Freudian mixed perspective.

Likely the developers and writers got strict budgets in terms of (no more than <n> lines of dialogue) and lots of other restrictions that I wouldn't agree to work under.

The reason that Ivy 'works' is because there's 'more' to her, and a lot of that 'more' has been put there carefully and planned out. Little lines and remarks to make her personality take a hold. In that way, even more so in the new build, this takes queues from life: In the beginning it's more of an 'in love' phase, after which a deeper bond forms.

3 hours ago, isalex said:

I know it´s a long time off.. but, no matter, I´m shipping out in May and won+t be able to play for 5 months anyways ? I´m just preparing for WHEN (if) i get back..  ?

I'll make sure that she is something to look forward to, for when you get back!

Development Log

Today I'm basically tweaking the shit out of a lot of things. It's a whole lot of me recruiting Ivy over and over again, to take her into combat, to then tweak things that I find don't work well. Ran into another situation where Ivy can interject herself (when you pick a flower while she is speaking about an encountered dead body) so I'm fixing things like that.

I have decided to NERF her overall weapon damage and weapon skills. The reason behind this is that she really is a fucking terminator at this point... and I've had it happen that I'd wander into a raider area and she'd just wipe the floor with them, teleporting about, within 10 seconds.. killing 8 raiders.. fucking crazy. So I'm tweaking things a lot.

I have also disabled her special attacks when the combattarget is the player, because well.. she'll kill you within 2 seconds after trying to pickpocket an NX-2C controller holotape off her..

Another thing that happened, and is a big reason why I decided to nerf her weapon damage, was that she'd often have a headshot in by the time she got around to a special attack. Which just won't do for dramatic and cinematic effect.

You can configure her combat styles in her holotape, for instance the frequency of special attacks, etc.

And if you're into deep tweaking then you can adjust globals for minimum/maximum special attack distances, etc..

Additional:

Players will be able to upgrade Ivy's special attack features, reducing the cooldown period, and increasing the range, through 3 fetch quests, where Ivy will ask the player to fetch an upgrade holotape, after reaching a certain stage of her development. This means that you can increase Ivy's special attack skills as you travel with her. I am also thinking of adding additional special attacks, such as a telefrag attack, where Ivy teleports into an enemy to explode it from the inside, etc..etc..

ScreenShot593.png.9c4bb636e7bebb6f55da67a64b5d6005.png

ScreenShot594.png

Really hit a sweet spot with modding Ivy. That's what a couple of free days does. Things are now happening as I want them to happen and quickly too. I am currently working on implementing the following attacks for human and synths (gen1 and gen2) characters:

- Electrify (done)

Ivy teleports to enemy, gives them an electric shock.

- Stab
(working on alignment... might abandon the idea if I can't get the combat target to play the correct anim).

Ivy teleports to enemy, stabs them to death.

- Death from Above

When outside, Ivy teleports her enemy to 100 meters above ground. It will go into ragdoll anim, then fall screaming to their death, much like a Giant attack from Skyrim.

- Execution (done)

Ivy teleports to enemy, then executes them with a shot to the head.

- Explosive Plant

If Ivy has explosives in her inventory, she will teleport to her combat target, plant an explosive, then teleport out before it explodes.

- Power Dive / Force Push (done)

Ivy teleports to the combat target, then does a 'super hero landing' after which a force pushes all combatants in the area away. She teleports back to the player so they can pick out targets as they are trying to get up from the ground.

Videos of all of these in action are coming soon.

Note to self: Ivy keeps losing her combat targets half way through the script, then she loses her dialogue targets for coupled anims.

So I'm going to work with a keyword. Attach it to the actor that's her initial combat target, take it out of combat (freeze it essentially) have Ivy and them do their thing, then remove the keyword.

Another note to self: Starting Quest B from Quest A's Init Event stops the script in Quest A from running while Quest B is running.

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

- Explosive Plant

If Ivy has explosives in her inventory, she will teleport to her combat target, plant an explosive, then teleport out before it explodes.

Oh, wow, that's awesome! All of these features are awesome... So, how much of a nightmare would it be to integrate a feature like this into VATS with her?

This could be huge strategically with some limiting factor so as not to make it a cheat or too OP, especially if she's able to maintain stealth while doing so. That may be asking too much since I've no clue how hard that would be to implement, but just curious if it's possible.

EDIT: (Limiting factor, i.e., available only out of combat)

27 minutes ago, Sevatt said:

Oh, wow, that's awesome! All of these features are awesome... So, how much of a nightmare would it be to integrate a feature like this into VATS with her?

This could be huge strategically with some limiting factor so as not to make it a cheat or too OP, especially if she's able to maintain stealth while doing so. That may be asking too much since I've no clue how hard that would be to implement, but just curious if it's possible.

EDIT: (Limiting factor, i.e., available only out of combat)

The effect is pretty overpowered so I'm leveling it with the player. For instance, the cooldown for attacks is limited by the player level, starting at 12 seconds for players lower than level 10. Ending at 6 seconds for players higher than level 50.

I don't know how VATS works. So I've never looked into it. But I like the autonomy of the system as it is. It makes for surprising gameplay so I don't think I will explore that option.

The frenzy attacks are fucking chillingly awesome. Ivy teleports in, the combattant is stunned, she whispers something, then she teleports out and the enemy goes into a wild frenzy attack... real Hannibal Lecter stuff!

I've abandoned the stabbing attack. I can't get the animations to line up and it looks awkward. The techy attacks are far cooler anyway.

There are now 4 types of attack:

- Electrical (This is her initial special attack type and is always available, no perks needed).

- Grenade attack (Players need the explosive experts perk)

- Frenzy Attack (Players need intelligence higher than 8.)

- Force Push Attack (Players need to have finished the Lorenzo quests at which Ivy can examine his force gun and implement the technology in her own systems).

As I've hacked these attacks into dialogue spoken script during the attacks, I can add many conditionals and I can very easily expand the system in the future to allow for new attacks. For instance, I am working on the Synth attack where Ivy can hack Gen 1 synths, for which players will need to have the Robotics Expert perk, etc...

Video of Ivy's Execution and Grenade attacks.

Work in progress! Working on keeping actors put during the attack and will likely remove the frenzy attack as it's not working out (I don't use that in a syringe either, it's too specific of a skil and looks very useless when there's less than 3 enemies). Still working on timings of each individual attack to make it go smoother. I'm also working on making the explosions have a greater push force, so you can see bodies flying.. :)

Also, I'm intentionally a very very bad shot so I can test Ivy's attack routines.

She's also employing them far more often than she would in a regular game, where it would likely only happen once or twice during an intense gunfight.

In the first video, Ivy saying “done” after she murders the fuck out of everyone is my super duper favorite. It tickles me endlessly.

We need to add some funny one liners for her to say after...like “boom bitch” or “zeds dead, baby”.

?

2 minutes ago, ChicGeek said:

In the first video, Ivy saying “done” after she murders the fuck out of everyone is my super duper favorite. It tickles me endlessly.

We need to add some funny one liners for her to say after...like “boom bitch” or “zeds dead, baby”.

?

Oh definitely! I'll likely replace the regular combat dialogue when special attacks are happening (she's now still saying stuff in between) and she needs a (short) one liner, after returning to the player to reset her idles any way! :)

Just now, Reginald_001 said:

Oh definitely! I'll likely replace the regular combat dialogue when special attacks are happening (she's now still saying stuff in between) and she needs a (short) one liner, after returning to the player to reset her idles any way! :)

If you want you can tell me exactly how many of which and I can write. You’ve got enough going on ?

14 minutes ago, ChicGeek said:

If you want you can tell me exactly how many of which and I can write. You’ve got enough going on ?

I need at least 8! 2-4 letter one-liners.

But more something like this, at least 4 different lines for each type of attack (grenade 'boom bitch', pulse/force 'Hello there!' (reference to Obi Wan), telefrag 'Quaked!' (Quake 1 reference), electrical 'Zapped baby!' etc..etc...

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

The effect is pretty overpowered so I'm leveling it with the player. For instance, the cooldown for attacks is limited by the player level, starting at 12 seconds for players lower than level 10. Ending at 6 seconds for players higher than level 50.

I don't know how VATS works. So I've never looked into it. But I like the autonomy of the system as it is. It makes for surprising gameplay so I don't think I will explore that option.

The frenzy attacks are fucking chillingly awesome. Ivy teleports in, the combattant is stunned, she whispers something, then she teleports out and the enemy goes into a wild frenzy attack... real Hannibal Lecter stuff!

I've abandoned the stabbing attack. I can't get the animations to line up and it looks awkward. The techy attacks are far cooler anyway.

There are now 4 types of attack:

- Electrical (This is her initial special attack type and is always available, no perks needed).

- Grenade attack (Players need the explosive experts perk)

- Frenzy Attack (Players need intelligence higher than 8.)

- Force Push Attack (Players need to have finished the Lorenzo quests at which Ivy can examine his force gun and implement the technology in her own systems).

As I've hacked these attacks into dialogue spoken script during the attacks, I can add many conditionals and I can very easily expand the system in the future to allow for new attacks. For instance, I am working on the Synth attack where Ivy can hack Gen 1 synths, for which players will need to have the Robotics Expert perk, etc...

Please make damage amounts customizable as much as you can, even if we have to use xedit to do it.  I play around with alot of different mods that drastically shift the balance around, even "weak" damage values for vanilla can be incredibly op in a horizon play through for example.   This all sounds pretty cool though, I've just been skimming the thread, don't want to spoil all the surprise with watching the videos :P

13 minutes ago, Nosimo said:

Please make damage amounts customizable as much as you can, even if we have to use xedit to do it.  I play around with alot of different mods that drastically shift the balance around, even "weak" damage values for vanilla can be incredibly op in a horizon play through for example.   This all sounds pretty cool though, I've just been skimming the thread, don't want to spoil all the surprise with watching the videos :P

As it is now, all of her moves are instakills and most of the effects are just visual, so the best option in survival modes is to simply disable this function in the holotape.

I am thinking about making these attacks real, meaning that a real explosion with damage is placed. Right now other NPC's are pushed but not damaged by the blast force.

I can look into making the damages dependent on skill level, meaning that if survival mode is chosen, her attacks will be severely nerfed. But then I'd rather simply make such an option customizable in her advanced holotape (which is lore breaking anyway and shouldn't be used under normal circumstances).

On 4/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Well the answer to that is kind of spoilerish, but without spoiling too much, her teleport systems are independent of the Institute's.

Ivy actually comments on her ability to teleport at several moments in the new build, hinting to more background on her abilities, bestowed to her by Dr. Stein.

Amazing! Does that mean Ivy will be able to teleport into the Institute with you without using the teleport command in her holotape?

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I need at least 8! 2-4 letter one-liners.

But more something like this, at least 4 different lines for each type of attack (grenade 'boom bitch', pulse/force 'Hello there!' (reference to Obi Wan), telefrag 'Quaked!' (Quake 1 reference), electrical 'Zapped baby!' etc..etc...

What would be extremely funny is if she said "I'll be back" before teleporting.